Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Good comics do way more than just dump a bunch of characters onto a page without really developing on them at all

Yes but we're talking about Western comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Junpei Hyde posted:

Western comics isn't just Marvel and DC you know.

e: I mean yeah we're talking about superhero comics, sure, but those can be intensely character-driven too. Go read good comics instead of playing a mediocre video game.

EightFlyingCars fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jul 6, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Uh, Spawn? Cathy? Homestuck?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

EightFlyingCars posted:

e: I mean yeah we're talking about superhero comics, sure, but those can be intensely character-driven too. Go read good comics instead of playing a mediocre video game.

I read killing joke and it was OK.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

poo poo you got me.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Nice, Little Mermaid should be an interesting one at least. drat NOA I want those plates :(

Here's the first footage from the new game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHIMcHh3a9E

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

:dogbutton:

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Wtf does this even mean?

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

I'M GONNA BE A MERMAIIIIIID

AllLuckySevens
Oct 15, 2012
Are we allowed to discuss Sky3DS, or other carts? Looking for recommendations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

hadji murad posted:

how do I play rocket slime on a 3Ds

Is Rocket Slime any good? Finished Ghost Trick and other than the ending being short of hilariously ridiculous, it was great. Lot of DS back catalog poo poo I missed...

Uh... pretty much anything off the Vertigo label, particularly Sandman and Hellblazer? Walking Dead? Most of the recent runs of Dark Horse Star Wars comics like KotOR and Empire? Most poo poo written by Garth Ennis?

Yeah. :colbert:

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jul 6, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Fuzz posted:

Is Rocket Slime any good? Finished Ghost Trick and other than the ending being short of hilariously ridiculous, it was great. Lot of DS back catalog poo poo I missed...

The game is split into two main parts. One is the main character (named Rocket) running around in what is basically Zelda-lite and the other is GIANT TANK BATTLES where you launch dozens of random items at reach other.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

EightFlyingCars posted:

But the whole world is Maahvel, baby.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm pretty sure you're actually talking about North American comics.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Junpei Hyde posted:

Like Tintin and Asterix?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Kurtofan posted:

Like Tintin and Asterix?

Must be anime, which is why I've never heard of these.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Like Tintin and Asterix?

No, like the Beano and the Dandy.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Kurtofan posted:

Like Tintin and Asterix?

Healbot posted:

They're French.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Healbot posted:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Housh posted:

They're French.

Ouiaboo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mycot posted:

Ouiaboo.

Holy poo poo :allears:.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Housh posted:

They're French.

Didn't know France was a Japanese colony.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The 3DS needs a Beetle Bailey game or a port of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO1tVI1xkno

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Housh posted:

They're French.
OK, Asterix is French and Tintin is Belgian. In case anyone is curious, my college makes people take a basic writing class on random subjects, and I was assigned Franco-belgian comics.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Fritzler posted:

OK, Asterix is French and Tintin is Belgian. In case anyone is curious, my college makes people take a basic writing class on random subjects, and I was assigned Franco-belgian comics.

This is the 3DS thread. Keep your ouiaboo poo poo to yourself.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
It would be pretty cool if someone made another Tintin game that imitated the aesthetic of the comic rather than the bizarro CG of the Spielberg movie. Something like Infogrames' SNES titles but not frustratingly difficult.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
An alternate reality where tintin got popular in the states and lucasfilm made a series of tintin point & click adventure games

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

FirstAidKite posted:

An alternate reality where tintin got popular in the states and lucasfilm made a series of tintin point & click adventure games

oh what could have been ;_;

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Which FE:A DLC is the one where you can get xp for your low level dudes? My party of Vaike, Kellum, Sully, Lon'qu, Panne and Tharja + healers and Chrom and Avatar are destroying things and leaving nothing for the low level guys (like Donnel) to kill.

Also I went in expecting to hate Vaike and now I love him, now if only he could find love. On the battlefield.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Anora posted:

Which FE:A DLC is the one where you can get xp for your low level dudes? My party of Vaike, Kellum, Sully, Lon'qu, Panne and Tharja + healers and Chrom and Avatar are destroying things and leaving nothing for the low level guys (like Donnel) to kill.

Also I went in expecting to hate Vaike and now I love him, now if only he could find love. On the battlefield.

EXPonential growth.

Make Vaike a dad, he should settle down and focus on his teaching duties.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is there a negative to having people pair off, like if I have Kellum running with Tharja, will she pop out a mage that can take a hit, but does little damage, as compared to like Tharja + crow dude?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Anora posted:

Is there a negative to having people pair off, like if I have Kellum running with Tharja, will she pop out a mage that can take a hit, but does little damage, as compared to like Tharja + crow dude?

Parent's growths(% chance of a stat increasing on level up)/stat caps are used in a formula alongside a set of default values for each kid to determine the growths and caps of the kid. So yeah if you want the kid to be better at magic, Henry, more tank, Kellam. The game is simple enough that this isn't really something you should worry about.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Pureauthor posted:

The game is split into two main parts. One is the main character (named Rocket) running around in what is basically Zelda-lite and the other is GIANT TANK BATTLES where you launch dozens of random items at reach other.

Or you can launch yourself into the enemy tank and sabotage it by stealing their poo poo.

Rocket Knight is amazing, everyone should play it, if you don't have it, go get it. That's all. :)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rocket Slime. Rocket Knight is a different, inferior game series.

Housh posted:

They're French.

They're Belgian.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

raditts posted:

They're Belgian.

Asterix is French.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's all Greek to me.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah I had that nightmare once. Scary

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

quote:

They're Belgian.
They're Franco-Belgian.

Now I want to eat waffles and play Dragon Quest 8 on my 3DS NOW!!

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

homeless snail posted:

Yeah I had that nightmare once. Scary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

If progress in this game is rewarded with incredible/terrible puns, this is what I'm playing next.