Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Hello. It is July 5th, and the issue persists.

Thanks for the update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Hello. It is July 5th, and the issue persists.

It's July 6th and I asked Lowtax about it on Twitter. They need to get a new cert. So hopefully it will be updated as soon as they get it.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Fix the certificate lowtax!

:bunt:

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
Somewhat odd. I have the same problem logging in as you guys, but for me, it only started last night. The certificate has been out of date for longer than that, right?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

richardfun posted:

Somewhat odd. I have the same problem logging in as you guys, but for me, it only started last night. The certificate has been out of date for longer than that, right?

Yes but it will only affect you if you log out. Prior to that the login cookie was allowing you in.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

LastInLine posted:

Yes but it will only affect you if you log out. Prior to that the login cookie was allowing you in.

Aaaaah. Guess I hosed myself by formatting my computer last night.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I'd this the [I] whine about the invalid cert [/] mega thread? SA really sucks on small screens, I can't tell.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Keiya posted:

I'd this the [I] whine about the invalid cert [/] mega thread? SA really sucks on small screens, I can't tell.

It seems to be. Welcome.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm also one of the unlucky ones who's login abruptly expired during this fracas. Now work sucks even more than usual :-(

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

richardfun posted:

Aaaaah. Guess I hosed myself by formatting my computer last night.

You can still log in over HTTP (And by default when you browse the site, it's over the wire anyway. You can force it to use SSL if you want though), it's just that the app does not let you do so.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

you can just accept the certificate anyway?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

spankmeister posted:

you can just accept the certificate anyway?

In the browser? Sure. In an HTTP request in the app? As far as I know, no. The request would throw an authentication error and you can't side step it. Even if you could, that would be massively insecure and you shouldn't do it anyway. The browser can let you know it's out of date and ignore the error, but you can't get that in a behind the scenes call.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Drastic Actions posted:

In the browser? Sure. In an HTTP request in the app? As far as I know, no. The request would throw an authentication error and you can't side step it. Even if you could, that would be massively insecure and you shouldn't do it anyway. The browser can let you know it's out of date and ignore the error, but you can't get that in a behind the scenes call.

I'm sure there are ways to ignore SSL errors, but when you're dealing with other people's private info that's a pretty bad decision.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I will have the app crash if I scroll too hard to the bottom of a page.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Aleph Null posted:

I will have the app crash if I scroll too hard to the bottom of a page.

Well we still don't have a crash report with your name on it, so there's not much I can do. Make sure the option to transmit the username is enabled or to write your name in big letters if the crash prompts you to write something (does it do that?) .

If the cert thing lasts until friday I might cave and put in an emergency http-login option

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Drastic Actions posted:

I'm sorry I thought I was in the QCS technical thread. :downs:

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Lowtax, eat the cert

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sereri posted:

Well we still don't have a crash report with your name on it, so there's not much I can do. Make sure the option to transmit the username is enabled or to write your name in big letters if the crash prompts you to write something (does it do that?) .

If the cert thing lasts until friday I might cave and put in an emergency http-login option

It just closes without doing a proper crash dialogue, unfortunately.

I've had other weird bugs before that popped up and then went away after a new Awful version even though my issues weren't officially fixed.. I guess the stock Xoom is just an odd bird.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Is anyone else getting this issue where sometimes a thread will get stuck in the thread view and requesting a different thread doesn't overwrite it?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Lowtax, eat the cert

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Lowtax, eat the cert

Lowtax why won't you eat the cert?

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Hello. At the sound of the tone, the time will be 5:59 pm on July 7th, 2015, and the cert will still be old and bad.

E: According to Garbage Day, who is a good man and not like Ralp at all, it is being fixed right now.

Solid Poopsnake fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 8, 2015

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

So loving lazy.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Hey, uh, what happens if you set the time on your device backwards in time by seven or eight days and then try to log in?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

one hour since RIGHT NOW.

eat the cert.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

HE DID IT LOWTAX FIXED THE FORUMS

Unibrow
May 12, 2001

Oh, thank god. I can now safely lurk from the comfort of my own phone without having to use the mobile browser like a loving caveman.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Thank you Garbage Day for fixing the forums while my phone is updating so that after it is updated I will still be able to browse the forums

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Nov 11, 2018

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

GLUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEE

thank you Garbage Day.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

The name Garbage Day doesn't ring a bell for me, but I will join the rest of the thread in ebulliently praising his name!

Finally, I have something to do again during the 20 minute train ride to work. My long (national) nightmare is over!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Thank mr garbage day for fixing the cert.

richardfun posted:

The name Garbage Day doesn't ring a bell for me

:frogout:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I was so happy to see GLUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEE!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

richardfun posted:

The name Garbage Day doesn't ring a bell for me, but
This joke should probably be bannable, given its proximity to "There's a front page???"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Thanks for the fix, it made pooping more enjoyable today!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
First of all I am so relieved the certificates are fixed. Browsing on the phone in Chrome sucks.

Sorry if this is a known issue but I can't access subforums of subforums.
For example,
Games -> Traditional Games -> The Game Room

I can't get into The Game Room from the main forums list.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

First of all I am so relieved the certificates are fixed. Browsing on the phone in Chrome sucks.

Sorry if this is a known issue but I can't access subforums of subforums.
For example,
Games -> Traditional Games -> The Game Room

I can't get into The Game Room from the main forums list.

Just reload the index, it should show up eventually with the other subforums.

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters
Nice app, boring family vacation saver.

Would like to see a first page/last page button of some sort, maybe with the additional options.

Also, wasn't able to see the people's reg date in fyad. Don't know if it had something to do with the purple formatting.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Tap the page number to unlock cheats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

got an annoying bug.

when keeping a draft and replying the keyboard comes up to cover the discard/keep dialogue.
trying to dismiss the keyboard discards the saved post.