Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There's something borked with England's AI again. Wehn common sense first came out they would pepper the continent with troops, but now they just sit in london doing nothing. They declared a league war and the only reason we (the protestants) won, is because I am the player and I used my wiles to beat the AI. England bought one stack over, and then promptly noped the gently caress back to the isles for the rest of the war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Naval invasion AI is really weird...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm playing my netherlands game and I just started colonising. The el dorado events are quite cool. Automatic exploration is cool. Protestant aspects of faith are cool. I like being able to bank points and switch based on what I'm dong. Like right now I'm just fully running the colonialism one with the expansion/quantity policy and my colonising is through the roof. Gonna run the expansion/exploration one too. The only thing is that most of the great powers are untouchable because they all like to ally one another now.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Raserys posted:

Cool new CK2 dlc idea: make rebels not loving annoying as poo poo to deal with

remember how at ck2's launch, rebels didn't retreat, so they were done for after one victory? wasn't that wonderful?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I think an interest has been established

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

PleasingFungus posted:

remember how at ck2's launch, rebels didn't retreat, so they were done for after one victory? wasn't that wonderful?

remember how you used to be able to enforce demands in the 90% range, sometimes even in the 80%? i'm so glad groogy has made this game better than it used to be

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
unrelated, hitler's gay secret should shut up about the rise of islam mod that will be WAY BETTER THAN THOSE BYZANTOPHILES !!!!!, i think he mentions it in every post

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Raserys posted:

remember how you used to be able to enforce demands in the 90% range, sometimes even in the 80%? i'm so glad groogy has made this game better than it used to be

everything about ck2 warfare is so bad.

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I think an interest has been established

?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Check the thread title.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the test came back positive

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

fascist uk flag in the hoi4 dev diary :henget:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Byz rules because it powns Musselmen.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

gently caress up.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

fascist uk flag in the hoi4 dev diary :henget:

it was cool when i hosed uk's rear end on vicky 2 until they got taken over by fascists

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i should do a byz game. i dunno how to do them now but i will try

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

actually how are mamluk ideas? mamluk->egypt->arabia might be fun but i dunno. maybe some other arab would be better

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

actually how are mamluk ideas? mamluk->egypt->arabia might be fun but i dunno. maybe some other arab would be better

I think you need admin tech 22 or some crap to form Egypt.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

i should do a byz game. i dunno how to do them now but i will try

It'd be crazy hard now with the way alliances work.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Actually, looking at the beta notes, they've made it easier for minors who are threatened by rivals of great powers to ally them.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think you need admin tech 22 or some crap to form Egypt.

cripes

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Can't you do Arabia way before that unless you're a total dummy? And it's a cultural union? Retard Wiz

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It's probably another lovely holdover from EU3

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

DICKHEAD posted:

Can't you do Arabia way before that unless you're a total dummy? And it's a cultural union? Retard Wiz

you need admin tech 10 for arabia. mamluks -> arabia is pretty fun and they have good ideas for both trade and combat but it's pretty dull because after the first war against the ottomans there's nothing in your sphere of influence that can remotely stand up to you so it's just a matter of bashing heads until you get bored

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

arabia has the gay +1 prestige idea tho

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I ain;t played colonist since CoP so I thought that commanding my colonial nation to declare war on weaker english colonial nation owuld be a good idea until england, austria and france joined in :gonk:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

England won;t cross the dover straight to defend it's continental provinces, but they will ferry troops half way around the world to get killed by my colonial nation.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

arabia has the gay +1 prestige idea tho

you keep ideas i think

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

oh so does mamluks lol

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

man influence + admin is really good for vassal feeding with the -20% annex cost policy

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What's a good fourth idea for the Netherlands. I have exploration, expansion and quantity so far...swimming in merchants so dunno if I need to go overkill with merchants.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I hate choosing idea groups when I'm undecided.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What's a good fourth idea for the Netherlands. I have exploration, expansion and quantity so far...swimming in merchants so dunno if I need to go overkill with merchants.

one of the op ones, like quality or influence

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I like Trade or Economic or Administrative as them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just took innovative.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I have 8 merchants with zero trade idea because of trade companies lmfao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm having fun making trade companies and colonial nations. Dutch west Indies just kicked great Britain out of the Caribbean.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I tried out the apocalypse mod for vicky 2.

It's appropriately named :rip:.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 8, 2015

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Alrightyyyyy then

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yolomancer posted:

Alrightyyyyy then

They did join one of the leagues IRL though. I'm guessing you're protestant and in the protestant league?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yolomancer posted:

Alrightyyyyy then

I know right. They were actually in the evangelical union in reality.