Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Stay safe LordCo. :ohdear:

New leaks are Voyager-level retarded word salad technobabble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I kind of get the never ending stream of more OP broken-as-poo poo stuff because they (rightfully) expect most people from 3-4 years ago to have long quit. This new stuff is for the more recent players who are seeing fancy items for the first time and going "wow I want it" and in their hands it's not actually OP because they lack all the Cool poo poo we collected back when the Cool poo poo was new literally years ago and is now largely unobtainable.

Good old F2P MMO churn.

Doesn't change what you're saying from being true of course.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's a little frustrating since there's some actual, genuinely important stuff from old boxes (like attack pattern conn officers and plasmonic leech for feds) that are absurdly overpriced or effectively unobtainable but are still game changing. I guess some of the influx of new crap is intended to make up for this, although even that's a bit spotty in availability (Reciprocity being Fed-only) and even when it isn't it tends to stack with the old overpowered stuff to the point of being silly or breaking other things (Supremacy and Plasleech? Sure I'll have 125 power in every setting, it's not like anyone plays engineers anymore). And that's not even getting into bullshit like the implementation of new boff skills, where kemocite ran up to 40+m while the box was still going.

And in the end it's all pointless since all the new queues are hard timed so it's not like making GBS threads out 70k dps won't make them go any faster. :effort:

LordCo posted:

My loving province is trying to kill me.
Well, at least you get socialized healthcare? :ohdear:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh hey, tets with a proc that may actually be useful.

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

I downloaded this last night then remembered that my mouse is broken, then I forgot to buy a new one at lunchtime today. A good start so far.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Francois_Dillinger posted:

I downloaded this last night then remembered that my mouse is broken, then I forgot to buy a new one at lunchtime today. A good start so far.

I didn't use a mouse for like the first year I played this game and I still did better than most pubbies in pvp/pve. You're good.

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

DonDoodles posted:

I didn't use a mouse for like the first year I played this game and I still did better than most pubbies in pvp/pve. You're good.

Fair enough. I'm quite looking forward to seeing some nerdrage and tears very soon.

Not all from me either.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I tried this game when it first came out and it was back when my PC sucked and it was unplayable. I am a huge Star Trek fan and would like to play if I had a group of people to play with. Biggest questions is that I have a gambling issue in games sometimes and I am afraid the item mall boxes will break me, how bad are they?

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Uziduke posted:

I tried this game when it first came out and it was back when my PC sucked and it was unplayable. I am a huge Star Trek fan and would like to play if I had a group of people to play with. Biggest questions is that I have a gambling issue in games sometimes and I am afraid the item mall boxes will break me, how bad are they?

Gambling on lockboxes in this game is one of the stupidest things you can possibly do.

Rather better to take the keys needed to open said boxes, sell them on the player market, and profit off gambling addicts, then use the money earned to buy your desired items.

If you can keep that in mind and take advice on the most blatant space-money traps you will be fine.

As to a group to play with, several of us are still active regularly.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Goat Pillager posted:

Gambling on lockboxes in this game is one of the stupidest things you can possibly do.

Rather better to take the keys needed to open said boxes, sell them on the player market, and profit off gambling addicts, then use the money earned to buy your desired items.

If you can keep that in mind and take advice on the most blatant space-money traps you will be fine.

As to a group to play with, several of us are still active regularly.

I assume that its like Neverwinter and you get box drops and even lower %key drops. So you say to sell the keys and its good profit? Also do Star Trek Goons take total newbies of the game?

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

Uziduke posted:

I assume that its like Neverwinter and you get box drops and even lower %key drops. So you say to sell the keys and its good profit? Also do Star Trek Goons take total newbies of the game?

Well, that's technically correct since 0% chance to drop keys is indeed lower than whatever the chance is for lockboxes to drop...

Mr Wikstroem fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 7, 2015

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Uziduke posted:

The keys are a cash shop item, but you can earn cash shop point things with space money (dilithium).

Also yes, we take grass green people. I would strongly advise to play a fed or a romulan alligned with fed.

You will need to get a quite expensive console for it later, but close to nobody plays a KDF anymore.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Question.

"Message from Dear Leader:

Hello, pubbies who are reading this thread! Welcome to the home of Starfleet Dental.

For those of you who have registered a forum account with us as part of the process to join our fine fleet, please remember that you must first make your introductory thread in this subforum.

Remember that you must introduce yourself as a newbie, and detail what kind of online games you enjoy playing, and why you think you should be considered worthy of joining our fleet. Please note that an inadequate introductory thread may affect your application."

This link takes you to the general forum, does this rule still apply?

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
EDIT: Outdated information, ignore this.

Wizard of the Deep fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 7, 2015

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Uziduke posted:

Question.

"Message from Dear Leader:

Hello, pubbies who are reading this thread! Welcome to the home of Starfleet Dental.

For those of you who have registered a forum account with us as part of the process to join our fine fleet, please remember that you must first make your introductory thread in this subforum.

Remember that you must introduce yourself as a newbie, and detail what kind of online games you enjoy playing, and why you think you should be considered worthy of joining our fleet. Please note that an inadequate introductory thread may affect your application."

This link takes you to the general forum, does this rule still apply?

Oh wait. Your regdate...you'll have to first partake in our Academy program. You may apply to me to enter it via in game mail. My handle is Railrokh. I look forward to assisting your re-education and integration in to a proper social environment.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Aww come on guys. 5 days is enough, right?

Edit: From post history

"Sherman is a curse word in my family"

This is from a thread about General Lee.

I don't know. Guy seems solid. I say you fast-track him.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Now now, he has to stand through the Academy just like everyone else. We all had to go through it outside of those few founding Dentists.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Goat Pillager posted:

Now now, he has to stand through the Academy just like everyone else. We all had to go through it outside of those few founding Dentists.

All right, I will get the game installed and check it out.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

This but unironically.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

We're supposed to be about dental hygiene. What are people going to say if we start letting in backwards-rear end southerners and their Nascar races?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Defiance Industries posted:

We're supposed to be about dental hygiene. What are people going to say if we start letting in backwards-rear end southerners and their Nascar races?

I like nascar. :colbert:

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Defiance Industries posted:

Case experts in bad dental hygiene.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Yeah the best way to get into Dental is paying me ungodly amounts of money for I am the last remaining true Dentist who's sort of around. Give me money.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Morglon posted:

Yeah the best way to get into Dental is paying me ungodly amounts of money for I am the last remaining true Dentist who's sort of around. Give me money.
Meh, you're not the only one. I was around in the very beginning too, and there's a few others.

Of course, you're right about him having to pay huge amounts of money.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

BombermanX posted:

I like Natural Ice. :colbert:

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

I prefer moonshine when I can get my hands on it.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Finished my tutorial missions, I will send a in game msg once my 24 hours is up.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

BombermanX posted:

I like nascar. :colbert:

Me too. I think I misinterpreted his post. I get now, he probably meant Sherman, the union general.

I thought he was saying something bad about Sherman's Lagoon, which is one of the few sunday comics still worth reading.

I wouldn't stand for that.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
I tried playing this game urironically but without a centralized hub it just isn't interesting. What's there to do since they dispersed the ERPists from droz? Do they have a proper fps mode yet?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Morglon posted:

No, give me the moneys.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
But you already have all the money

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I could give either of you all the money I have and you wouldn't even notice the blip.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
As a well-regarded, loyal, upstanding member of NoP and exceptional Op of NoP Public Service I believe I am the one to be entrusted with any fees.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Gimme the cash, new guy. My sponsorship will ensure you have a smooth run through the academy. I am known around these parts, you see.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
With all the people asking for a joining fee, you'd think that they'd increased the wallet balance from the paltry 1 billion it was before, and we weren't all capped.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That's what alts are for! :pseudo:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Pff, nobody keeps their money in actual space cash, that's what lockbox ships and plasleech consoles are for.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

What's the deal with all new stuff? Lockbox boff powers and xindi experimental kits? Is the Iconian rep gear worth it? Which are the new traits that don't suck? How come we have a bajillion space guides, but nothing for ground? There's a bunch of ground battlezones and tons of kit pieces and boff powers to confuse. How come there are a bunch of articles in our wiki that are sorta out of date or outright antiquated?

I see people asking for wiki access all the time, so I assume they're expecting to find useful information there, but wesleyguide is out of date and missing lots of what happened over the past year. Complete one of these tasks, pass peer review, and be showered with wealth:

• New page with a rundown of new items with a quick description of each and recommendation to buy/avoid
  • Multi-part ground guide
    • Tac/sci/eng kit loadouts
    • Away team setups
    • Ground sets/weapons to look for and avoid
  • General editing - archive completely out of date articles, place clear warnings on articles that are partially out of date

I'm figuring I'll spend 2B for this update, so rewards will be proportional to how many things you strike off that list.

e: Maybe more depending on how in-depth the ground stuff goes

vvvv It always comes down to bribes with you people.

Mondian fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 8, 2015

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Mondian posted:

How come there are a bunch of articles in our wiki that are sorta out of date or outright antiquated?

:iiam:

Mondian posted:

I'm figuring I'll spend 2B for this update, so rewards will be proportional to how many things you strike off that list.

:ms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

IPCRESS posted:

With all the people asking for a joining fee, you'd think that they'd increased the wallet balance from the paltry 1 billion it was before, and we weren't all capped.
I'm not capped. I'm just bad at making money in this game and I don't really need a joining fee, I was just giving the j4g a hard time

• Locked thread