Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

kharaa posted:

I keep finding myself wishing this game had the option to automatically switch to a cold-weather glamour set whenever I'm in Coerthas or whatever.

I wish titles were tied to armor sets so I could use <Annihilator> on Warrior and <the Mythril Heart> on Black Mage without manually switching each time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Did a bit more playing with WM and it loving owns. I'm parsing up around 10% lower than non-support dps, compared to 30% lower pre-change. (10-15% was how much lower you usually did in 2.x)

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I had the most incredible time healing tam tara for my low level roulette today. :allears:

She was just sort of randomly casting blizzard and fire. Obviously, she parsed comically low. (I did get a little snarky when I should have been patient, I'm only human.)

You guys were really harsh, she's just there for swift cast >.>, cut her some slack.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

bonewitch posted:

Did a bit more playing with WM and it loving owns. I'm parsing up around 10% lower than non-support dps, compared to 30% lower pre-change. (10-15% was how much lower you usually did in 2.x)

Are you looking at target dummies or real fights? If fights, how much stance dancing is involved?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

She was just sort of randomly casting blizzard and fire. Obviously, she parsed comically low. (I did get a little snarky when I should have been patient, I'm only human.)

Almost every black mage I play with just bounces back between fire/blizzard at random and it makes me want to cry. I swear a few of them just hit things at random because they'll bliz II at range or throw sleep at a boss or flare at full mp in the middle of a fight.

One moved to bard and the other's thinking about switching to SMN so maybe I'll grind my teeth less when grouping with them.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Nipponophile posted:

Are you looking at target dummies or real fights? If fights, how much stance dancing is involved?

Actual fights (I just did 850 on A1 for example), and im going pretty easy on stance dancing, only changing if i need to move for more than a couple gcd's

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Dr Pepper posted:

What set is this I need it.

Chimerical Felt set. You can get it doing sidequests in Idyllshire.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MikeyLikesIt posted:

You guys were really harsh, she's just there for swift cast >.>, cut her some slack.

what is >.> even supposed to be

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

low level roulette

My LLDR story for the day:
Zone into SV with a 41 DRK and 2 level sync'd DPS. A DPS goes "ughhhh stone vigil. I really don't want to run stone vigil," ragequits. 2nd dps follows in his steps without a word.

2 new dps join instantly, we clear with zero issues, very quick for lldr, definitely before that person's duty lockout was up :v:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

pksage posted:

A little! Mostly it just invoked We're On A Fantasy Adventure! to me, which is a good thing to invoke. I really like that the 3.0 story has you traveling around on a quest as part of an NPC party, classic FF style. It was very satisfying.

It's a fun scene and I really liked those quiet character interaction moments they worked in throughout the story. Heavensward's story is actually really road-trippy in spots, which I enjoyed a lot, and I think pretty much all of the core NPCs are solid, likeable characters, which ARR never quite managed to pull off. For how exciting and "oh poo poo I have to see what happens next" the end of 2.55 is, the resolution to that storyline is probably the weakest part of HW, and even then there's some good stuff in it; Lolorito is an eminently hateable antagonist and I hope we get to deal with him for real one day.

We've come a long way from "pray return to the Waking Sands."

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 7, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

Zone into SV with a 41 DRK and 2 level sync'd DPS. A DPS goes "ughhhh stone vigil. I really don't want to run stone vigil," ragequits. 2nd dps follows in his steps without a word.

2 new dps join instantly, we clear with zero issues, very quick for lldr, definitely before that person's duty lockout was up :v:

Sometimes you just don't want to do Haukke SV for the fifth time in a row.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Truga posted:

I had one guy who joined in on a LLDR and at the beginning was like "help I didn't mean to select LLDR, please kick me" but you can't kick until 10 minutes in, so he stuck around, and we finished the dungeon quickly (I wanna say it was Tam-Tara) and he was able to move on with his life :unsmith:

I do feel a certain need to rage quick Sastasha when it comes up on LLDR because I am so sick of that dungeon.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Opposing Farce posted:

It's a fun scene and I really liked those quiet character interaction moments they worked in throughout the story. Heavensward's story is actually really road-trippy in a way, which I enjoyed a lot, and I think pretty much all of the core NPCs are solid characters, which ARR never quite managed to pull off. For how exciting and "oh poo poo I have to see what happens next" the end of 2.55 is, the resolution to that storyline is probably the weakest part of HW, and even then there's some good stuff in it; Lolorito is an eminently hateable antagonist and I hope we get to deal with him for real one day.

We've come a long way from "pray return to the Waking Sands."

I actually wasn't too upset with the resolution with regard to that character. I think it is definitely going to be a main focus of the 3.X quests. They already mentioned at the fanfests that Omega weapon is part of this expansion. They said something alone the lines of "In Heavensward players will be able to engage in epic fights with stuff like the Dragons and Omega." So that has to rear its head.

I think Lolorito comes across as a perfect rear end in a top hat puppetmaster. We know he's evil, but we have literally NO power against him because he pulled strings and those who KNOW he pulled the strings are now dead or branded as traitors. He comes off looking clean and kind of has Raubahn by the balls on this one.

He's essentially Lex Luther if Lex Luther was a potato.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I think it's time for Misty's Magical Karazhan to reform as a static.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Robo Reagan posted:

what is >.> even supposed to be

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

I had the most incredible time healing tam tara for my low level roulette today. :allears:

that person was kind of being a shithead but my dude you come off so much worse in this screenshot and mentioning someone's COMICALLY LOW TAMTARA NORMAL PARSE isnt helping

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Truga posted:

Only dungeon that I will automatically drop out of is Totorak. I swear to god that 90% of the time when I queue for LLDR, I get loving Totorak. It was especially bad during early access when everyone was doing the new jobs because that's the highest dungeon you can do at 30.

loving Totorak.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I will auto-drop from Totorak and Aurum Vale automatically and immediately no matter what role I'm playing, no jury will convict me

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I was the jerk that dropped immediately starting an instance once: I got Keeper of the Lake for EXDR for the seventh time in a row in as many days as a tank trying to get the chest gear. I apologized to the group, dropped, and never EXDR'd again in 2.5.5 :smith:

I am glad HW made the Varlet set vendor trash, now I can get the look of the armor without suffering the rng! :unsmith:

e:

Mordiceius posted:

Only dungeon that I will automatically drop out of is Totorak. I swear to god that 90% of the time when I queue for LLDR, I get loving Totorak. It was especially bad during early access when everyone was doing the new jobs because that's the highest dungeon you can do at 30.

loving Totorak.

Haukke is the highest at 28-31, you just got poo poo luck by the sounds of it

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Mordiceius posted:

loving Totorak.

No, Haukke Manor is the highest you can do at 30.

edit: beaten worse than anyone trying to do Alex4 via Duty Finder

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Yeah I always drop Toto-Rak. Even if you have a good group it takes forever because of the goddamn sticky floors. That section drags on forever and it doesn't even have very many enemies.

Like I've done Tam Tara way more but at least it's quick if everyone knows what they're doing.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

GreatRedSpirit posted:

Haukke is the highest at 28-31, you just got poo poo luck by the sounds of it

Ah. Well I always loving get Totorak.

And it was insane too because I would queue for LLDR as an AST and get placed with a DRK and two MCH in Totorak. So either one of them specifically queues for Totorak or it took 4 people in the LLDR and just placed them all in Totorak - which is a loving war crime.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
I love how every tank thinks that their job in A4 is to do sick deeps.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

GreatRedSpirit posted:

I was the jerk that dropped immediately starting an instance once: I got Keeper of the Lake for EXDR for the seventh time in a row in as many days as a tank trying to get the chest gear. I apologized to the group, dropped, and never EXDR'd again in 2.5.5 :smith:

I am glad HW made the Varlet set vendor trash, now I can get the look of the armor without suffering the rng! :unsmith:

Guess who spent the two days before EA grinding that loving set out so they could have something swag to wear. :suicide:

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Francis posted:

I love how every tank thinks that their job in A4 is to do sick deeps.

Was doing the vault yesterday and the tank told me "I'm gonna go without tanking stance to make this go faster" That was a hell of a chore to heal through, barely even got to throw out my own SCH dps with all the damage he was taking.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cainer posted:

Was doing the vault yesterday and the tank told me "I'm gonna go without tanking stance to make this go faster" That was a hell of a chore to heal through, barely even got to throw out my own SCH dps with all the damage he was taking.

I wonder what ends up being a higher average DPS for the party, Tank staying in stance with healer DPSing, or Tank in DPS stance with healer only really healing.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Listening to Ravana's theme on Youtube just isn't the same without him yelling FEAR MY BLADES!.

Is the theme stored somewhere on my computer as an mp3? I'd like to put it on my phone without having to gently caress around with youtube downloaders.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
So the boss of the first part of Alexander is literally the last boss of Sonic 2.

Here's my video guide.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 7, 2015

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

fadam posted:

I wonder what ends up being a higher average DPS for the party, Tank staying in stance with healer DPSing, or Tank in DPS stance with healer only really healing.

It's encounter dependant.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

fadam posted:

like most things in the history of anything, 'it depends'. A warrior dpsing will probably do substantially more than an AST or something but an undergeared drk or pld will probably do better to tank stance if there's a WHM or SCH.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Man, I wish you had a daily pool of commends to draw on. Sometimes you get really good groups where everyone's nice and you actually aren't sure who to commend :unsmith:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the answer is the tank, or if i'm not tanking, me.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I literally never commend because I always forget.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

fadam posted:

I literally never commend because I always forget.

Gotta get that challenge log exp man!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

vOv posted:

Listening to Ravana's theme on Youtube just isn't the same without him yelling FEAR MY BLADES!.

Is the theme stored somewhere on my computer as an mp3? I'd like to put it on my phone without having to gently caress around with youtube downloaders.

FF14 Explorer can open FF14's data files including the one with music which you can extract as OGG I think. Not sure which file has it though. You'd have to edit the extracted OGG to add a second loop or fade out if you want it too.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

mulodyne posted:

that person was kind of being a shithead but my dude you come off so much worse in this screenshot and mentioning someone's COMICALLY LOW TAMTARA NORMAL PARSE isnt helping

No way. She was being a twunt(I've been binge watching rescue me while leveling). And then just played even more dumb when she clearly lost the argument.

Edit: I must get the luckiest groups ever or something but my LLDR/HDR/EXDR never go over 35 mins and most are around 20-25 mins. I have had AV 4 days in a row now as LLDR but it's gone smooth every time. I am tanking, which I assume goes a long way?

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 7, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
as a dps, i always comm the other dps

Cainer
May 8, 2008
I usually just commend whomever was the most chatty, or the other healer if I'm in an 8 man.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

As a Tank, my instinct is to always commend the Healer. Although I've also gotten into the habit of awarding anyone with the newbie leaf next to their name.

seiferguy posted:

I can't get over how much this armor set looks like the sage from FF3 :3:

Why am I reminded of Tom Servo? :v:

After doing the quest to "fix" your magitek mount, I have to wonder if they asked Yoko Taro to guess-write a quest or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I default my commendation to the dps who was closest to me on threat unless the healer does something particularly amazing.

• Locked thread