Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Jup, and it is currently sued for not paying their professional trolls enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Perestroika posted:

Only tangentially related, but I trawled through the comments on the relevant Zeit.de article and stumbled over this guy:

Wasn't there something about Russia having a dedicated propaganda united for blogs, comment sections, etc.? :allears:
Gender-Ami-Europa?

Also, I doubt the Russian paid propaganda brigade is stupid enough to actually use "Vladimir" for its usernames.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Cingulate posted:

Also, I doubt the Russian paid propaganda brigade is stupid enough to actually use "Vladimir" for its usernames.

they arent paid that much

Also

niethan fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 26, 2015

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Ostalgie.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Varoufakis retired... Can't wait for BILD's victory lap

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

wayfinder posted:

Varoufakis retired... Can't wait for BILD's victory lap

Which Hamm? :colbert:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Mein Hammer ist mein Penis.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

Which Hamm? :colbert:

Today I learned that there is way, WAY more than one Hamm in this country. And I thought one was already too much

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
My mom went to school with the former (edit: "later"?) mayor of Hamm (Westf.) that's my story thanks for listening

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Hamm (Westf.) fact: The prison is straight across the Agentur für Arbeit.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Good for Hamm, I guess?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Posting from an ICE that's gonna get split there. :getin:

Also, 9 out of 10 German are okay with austerity.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

Posting from an ICE that's gonna get split there. :getin:

Also, 9 out of 10 German are okay with austerity.

Our infrastructure is rotting and both education and public research are underfunded. I'm sure this will have no serious long term effects.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Our infrastructure is rotting and both education and public research are underfunded. I'm sure this will have no serious long term effects.

But there's a budget surplus!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Gold and a Pager posted:

But there's a budget surplus!

I see what you did there. Cleverly implying education is federally funded in order to show how people lack education. :v:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OemiOryt3c

I only managed to watch the first 30 seconds. This feels soooo wrong (or am I getting sooo old?)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Can it ever be anything else than the contemporary equivalent of Gerhard Schröder (*ptoo*) showing up on Wetten Dass?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Idk I didn't dislike it

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRFzPvpJ6Kk

the people responsible for screening the kids at this event are probably out of a job now

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRFzPvpJ6Kk

the people responsible for screening the kids at this event are probably out of a job now

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Quick question for everyone that's gloating about how "Merkel finally got hers" - what exactly would a good reaction (that's grounded in real life) have looked like?

Edit: Maybe I should mention that I thought her attempts to console the crying girl seemed completely helpless, but I'm genuinely curious what else she could have said in response to the girl's original question.

Badly Jester fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jul 17, 2015

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Badly Jester posted:

Quick question for everyone that's gloating about how "Merkel finally got hers" - what exactly would a good reaction (that's grounded in real life) have looked like?

According to the helpful people in the EU thread (aka radical leftists, communists, greens voters) Merkel should have told her that she now understands that the German refugee policy is wrong and she will immediately force legislation through that allows every person that reaches Germany to stay indefinitely and get the full support of the German welfare state.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Badly Jester posted:

Edit: Maybe I should mention that I thought her attempts to console the crying girl seemed completely helpless, but I'm genuinely curious what else she could have said in response to the girl's original question.
I actually appreciate how human her response was. Yes, she was completely helpless.
That is normal. This is not a situation where normal human beings could have done poo poo. Everyone fails in this situation.

And yes, it is completely clear she had absolutely no choice than to do what she did (tell her she had to go home), as of course she cannot simply decree that this girl may stay.

Still, the policy is dumb and we should worry more about integrating arrivals than keeping them out vOv

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Ironically, it's likely that the girl will be allowed to stay due to a new law that makes it possible for Model Asylum Seekers (i.e. speaks German and has a good chance of becoming a Tax Paying Citizen) to stay here regardless of how much poo poo is on fire in their home country. I'd post the source, but phone posting and :effort:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
And it was mentioned already anyway.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Badly Jester posted:

Ironically, it's likely that the girl will be allowed to stay due to a new law that makes it possible for Model Asylum Seekers (i.e. speaks German and has a good chance of becoming a Tax Paying Citizen) to stay here regardless of how much poo poo is on fire in their home country. I'd post the source, but phone posting and :effort:

Actually, the new Asylum law is not aimed at making it easier for asylum seekers to stay in Germany but for those who have already been denied asylum but who are tolerated despite being illegal aliens due to them not being from countries where poo poo is on fire.

On the other hand, it also tries to make it more easily to actually enforce deportations for illegal aliens.

Randler fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jul 18, 2015

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://astrogenital.com/

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

She claims it's a Georgian tradition, so at least it can't be blamed on us weird Germans.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Oh Heiko. Trying to channel FJ Strauss won't make moderates vote for SPD either. :allears:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Der Heimat-Holzhammer
Von "Preiß'n" bis "Mia san Bio": Warum werben Firmen in München am liebsten mit kleinstaatlichem Bayernkitsch? Hört bitte endlich auf!
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/muenchen/werbung-mit-bayern-klischees-der-heimat-holzhammer-1.2526243

Mia san Media Markt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7cdqEWTS_s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4dlniSUijs

:lol:

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 1, 2015

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Badly Jester posted:

There's not much that could be said without real actions to put her in a better spotlight. That's the problem; you can't solve these things with pointless gestures. Merkel is critiqued because she allowed bad policies that create these situations.

The problem here is that there is no emotional reaction that would have made this scenario more palatable, only action. When someone allows bad things to happen, you do not defend their reactions to the consequences with "what should they have done when faced with the consequences of their actions instead?"

e: huh, that post was older than I thought, guess I'm not used to that kind of timespan on one thread page.

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005
I have a question for bavarians. I have lived in bumfuck Bavaria for a year once, and it was remarkably racist and poo poo (the people that is, everything else was good).

But how about the cities (ie: Munich). Shouldn't there be some tolerant young people or hipsters there? Or is it all the same?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Der Heimat-Holzhammer
Von "Preiß'n" bis "Mia san Bio": Warum werben Firmen in München am liebsten mit kleinstaatlichem Bayernkitsch? Hört bitte endlich auf!
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/muenchen/werbung-mit-bayern-klischees-der-heimat-holzhammer-1.2526243

:laffo: both to the ads and the article

quote:

Nun ja, dachte ich. Man kann sich seine Probleme auch suchen.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Boner Slam posted:

I have a question for bavarians. I have lived in bumfuck Bavaria for a year once, and it was remarkably racist and poo poo (the people that is, everything else was good).

But how about the cities (ie: Munich). Shouldn't there be some tolerant young people or hipsters there? Or is it all the same?

Munich is alright and young people in general are alright. I'm working in Ingolstadt (= shithole) at the moment, but the company I'm working at is full of people around thirty and they're all nice and not racist.

System Metternich posted:

:laffo: both to the ads and the article

Indeed.

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Aug 2, 2015

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Boner Slam posted:

Niederbayern? Oberbayern? Need more information.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Do tell, in what way are they racist?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Boner Slam posted:

All larger cities in Bavaria and Franconia are really nice. They have all their unique thing going on though, so you need to be more specific. For example, Munich is a fantastic city to live in but it is full of uptight yuppies with zero self awareness. Nuremberg has has a certain ghetto flair going on, but also really nice down to earth people.

Bumfucks have no say in the cities, they just stay on their side of Bavaria. It's best described as two parallel cultures with their own mutually non intelligible languages living side by side.

Tolerance/Racism is a complicated subject. No one is a Racist in enlightened Bavaria, so people will spout the most insanely racist poo poo you can imagine without warning. Mostly it's not meant in a hurtful way, people are just really that stupid and try very aggressively to lack any kind of self awareness. You either get used to it or you don't.

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005

bronin posted:

Niederbayern? Oberbayern? Need more information.

Close to HC Strache, in all ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Boner Slam posted:

Close to HC Strache, in all ways

Well you should have come to the only region in Bavaria worth a drat: Allgäu :cryingschlossneuschwanstein: :cryingbraunvieh: :cryingskisprungschanzeoberstdorf: