Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That line about Trisssh looking like a little froggie followed by a black panel makes me think the principal just died for real. Hey, here's a fun idea. The last panel is a closeup of one of his eyes.

I love how completely crazy Pasqualo is. I also love this hosed up comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

tlarn posted:

He doesn't have that Uncle Grandpa vibe any more. :gonk:

Trisssh is super dead. :gonk::gonk::gonk:

edit: god you can see his pupils in some panels

Not for nothing but Trisssh did kill her Aunt Medusa. She's billy-badass

I'm sort of hoping for an anti-climatic end to this, where the creepy guy is still just a human. After the massive beatdown the hell beast gave everyone, they needed a good old fashioned curb stomp battle to get their groove back.

BlackArtistik
Feb 19, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

The panel of him laughing is really gross and scary :gerty:

Yeah, those little baby teeth are so unsettling.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ragnar34 posted:

That line about Trisssh looking like a little froggie followed by a black panel makes me think the principal just died for real. Hey, here's a fun idea. The last panel is a closeup of one of his eyes.

I love how completely crazy Pasqualo is. I also love this hosed up comic.

One of them is probably going to be dead as of the next strip :ohdear:

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
Trisssh isn't going to die

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I am legit on the edge of my seat to see how the next panel turns out. I honestly don't know how it will and there's a lot riding on it. The principal makes me think that he could totally take out half the cast if he wanted to. :magical:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It does seem very possible that he's dead. Not sure if the blood is pouring out of his left eye or if it's from Trisssh's hand, but she was definitely reaching for his face. The sense of finality with the talk further cements it.

Next scene will probably be clean up.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Really the only way I can see this comic ending is that after taking over enough land to become a crazy post-apocalyptic dictator Pasq and pals all get killed by a traveling band of plucky adventurers who were the actual heroes of the story the entire time. Then the comic ends in Hell as Pasq and pals decide to take it over.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

You know, in this light, you almost look like zombie.

That's loving great.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I'm gonna tell you a story.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Now pair this with the "chattering teeth laugh" when they approached Joker's dead body in 1989 Batman.

Now go to bed.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Literally Kermit posted:

Now pair this with the "chattering teeth laugh" when they approached Joker's dead body in 1989 Batman.

Now go to bed.

I read this at 4 AM after waking up from a nightmare. I dont advise it.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Such fun.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Oh my god, I love this comic so much! :swoon:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Command Ant posted:

Oh my god, I love this comic so much! :swoon:

This comic deserves an animated version so much.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, I think Trisssh secured the kill there - he's bleeding and the colours are draining from him, while she's just getting more into her freaky, intimidating game-face. Visual language sure seems to say one of them has the upper hand here.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Darth Walrus posted:

the colours are draining from him
I'm pretty sure that's the lighting in this case, though?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm scared. I legitimately care about a lizard girl who wants to lay eggs in the protagonist's head in a comic about eighth graders surviving the apocalypse they caused.

That's good poo poo Gob. I mean that, it's hard to do that with the most serious of stories, you've really done something quite special here.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
http://iheartpikachu.ytmnd.com

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, I think Trisssh secured the kill there - he's bleeding and the colours are draining from him, while she's just getting more into her freaky, intimidating game-face. Visual language sure seems to say one of them has the upper hand here.

Which is precisely why we are concerned about the ambiguous ending panel.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Visual language says one of them has the upper hand, but actual language suggests the opposite. :ohdear:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm scared. I legitimately care about a lizard girl who wants to lay eggs in the protagonist's head in a comic about eighth graders surviving the apocalypse they caused.

That's good poo poo Gob. I mean that, it's hard to do that with the most serious of stories, you've really done something quite special here.

No way he would get rid of her!

That panel of the principle doing a :allears: is really neat to me since that's one of those rare times his eyes almost look normal.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Does anyone notice that squiggly mark on the side/back of the principal's neck that is partially obscured? It looks kind of like Pasq's cyborg circuits...

e: and on second glance the principal appears to have a slight green aura around him and his hat...

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 8, 2015

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

There Bias Two posted:

Does anyone notice that squiggly mark on the side/back of the principal's neck that is partially obscured? It looks kind of like Pasq's cyborg circuits...

Which panel is that? There's something written on the back of his right leg, too, but I can't read it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wicker Man posted:

Which panel is that? There's something written on the back of his right leg, too, but I can't read it.

First and second pages, last panel.

e: the second word appears to be "this". Can anyone else make it out?

Also here, in the third panel: http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=290-hearts

Something bad is about to happen. Gob never quite shows us the back of his head...He's going to rotate it, I bet.

Also...the "froggie" that he is referencing in the second to last panel would be a throwback to the one he mentioned previously...

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 8, 2015

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I keep reading the Principal's lines in Tiny Tim's voice.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

There Bias Two posted:

e: and on second glance the principal appears to have a slight green aura around him and his hat...

I think that "glow" is coming from Trisssh's eyes.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I keep reading the Principal's lines in Tiny Tim's voice.

I read them in Goofy's voice, but I have to admit that Tiny Tim's works really well.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

On the back of The Principal's neck it says, "hot dog bun."

On the back of his leg it says this:

haha, I'm an idiot.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Gobolatula posted:

On the back of The Principal's neck it says, "hot dog bun."

On the back of his leg it says this:

haha, I'm an idiot.

Of course, it's all so obvious now. What a brilliant twist you have in store!

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Command Ant posted:

I read them in Goofy's voice, but I have to admit that Tiny Tim's works really well.

I've been imagining something closer to Spongebob.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pavlov posted:

I've actually been imagining something closer to the skeezy old man from Family Guy.

BeefyTaco
Nov 29, 2007

Squirtle, you cannot use fire. You are a water pokemon.
The Principals voice is identical to Teddy Ruxpin's and I refuse to hear otherwise.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Kristen Schaal, IMO.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Mark Hamill's Joker, complete with theme song

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Holy moley. I just downed this entire comic in one sitting. At first I was like :raise: but by the current strip I was all :vince:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Let's round out the cartoon VAs by throwing Patrick Warburton into this mix as the voice for the principal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pavlov posted:

Seconding Spongebob.

• Locked thread