Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Joementum posted:

Hey, girl.

I'm running for President....

... of your :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg9Liwfs_tI

He looks like he is wearing old man make up, not like make up for old men, but make that makes you look old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Stereotype posted:

I know you're probably joking but lots of memoirs and letters from the Union soldiers during and after the Civil War stated that, unless you were in an actual battle against the Army of Northern Virginia, you haven't heard the rebel yell.

People tried to get Confederate Veterans to repeat it during the war and immediately afterwards, in like 1866, and basically everyone involved was like "yeah you just had to be there."

That's nothing magical about the yell, that's the standard way of not wanting to talk about horrific poo poo for the amusement of people who were safe fat and happy the whole time

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

It's a fake story.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Not surprising that NASA astronauts would favor the only candidate guaranteed not to mess up the unit conversions when working with ESA.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Fried Chicken posted:

That's nothing magical about the yell, that's the standard way of not wanting to talk about horrific poo poo for the amusement of people who were safe fat and happy the whole time

The only magical thing about it is the scale and emotion, it doesn't happen nowadays. Upwards of 100k men who had been marching around the country, camping in the mud with no food, and were angry and aiming to kill anyone wearing blue, all started yelling and hollering at the same time while cannons and gunfire burst in the distance and there was a very real chance of death.

It's just not repeatable nor does it make sense to try.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's why they get elected.

The president isn't a dictator. :ssh:

But Webb is a total dickhead and seriously might as well be running as a "Reasonable Republican" in today's climate.

I'm thinking of the NLRB, the DoL, etc. Bernie will do his best to put serious people in the right positions. It could also be the difference between another Ginsburg and another Kagan. I know the Republicans will fight tooth and nail against either of them, but who knows what the Senate might look like in a few years.

I trust Bernie not to roll over on deregulation of the financial market and other issues. I don't trust Hillary on that account, and I'm not sure why one would. Look at her backers. Look at Bill's own history (I know Hillary is her own person, but it's still instructive).

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I wonder what it says?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Daniel Bryan posted:

I wonder what it says?

David Mitchell is running.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Daniel Bryan posted:

I wonder what it says?

SCUTT WALKER
FOR AMEICA

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Joementum posted:

I hope they gently caress up the finish of this irritating announcement and somehow make the page display hardcore gay interracial.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Jeb Bush: “People should work longer hours” to grow US economy

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jeb-bush-people-work-longer-hours/story?id=32313997

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm thinking of the NLRB, the DoL, etc. Bernie will do his best to put serious people in the right positions. It could also be the difference between another Ginsburg and another Kagan. I know the Republicans will fight tooth and nail against either of them, but who knows what the Senate might look like in a few years.

I trust Bernie not to roll over on deregulation of the financial market and other issues. I don't trust Hillary on that account, and I'm not sure why one would. Look at her backers. Look at Bill's own history (I know Hillary is her own person, but it's still instructive).

What problem so you have with Kagan or Ginsburg? Especially since Ginsburg was appointed by good ol' Bill and Kagan by Obama, and well, Hillary kinda agrees with both of those guys.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Winkie01 posted:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jeb-bush-people-work-longer-hours/story?id=32313997
I live for this.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Winkie01 posted:

I mean, you have to be impressed that he came up with the exact opposite of the correct answer.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

Rand Paul is catchin' on (I'm tellin' ya) with students from the Maharishi University of Management, in Fairfield, Iowa. In case you don't know what that is:

They believe they can achieve this through collective transcendental meditation which enabled yogic flying and produces good vibes. Here's a video demonstration of yogic flying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyXAB5L3EIQ

John Hagelin, one of the movement's biggest promoters, ran for President on the Natural Law Party ticket in 1992, 1996, and 2000 and got more votes in Florida than the difference between Bush and Gore that last time. His platform was very similar to (what people believe is) Rand's today: end aggressive wars, legalize drugs, enact a flat tax.

Please tell me this is at least connected with that one dude who wanted to replace the entire Department of Defense with a wall of hovering yogis projecting mental barriers against all incoming threats.

Stereotype posted:

The only magical thing about it is the scale and emotion, it doesn't happen nowadays. Upwards of 100k men who had been marching around the country, camping in the mud with no food, and were angry and aiming to kill anyone wearing blue, all started yelling and hollering at the same time while cannons and gunfire burst in the distance and there was a very real chance of death.

It's just not repeatable nor does it make sense to try.

You're right about why old Confederates didn't want to attempt it after the war ("can't be done with a mouth full of false teeth and a belly full of food," being my favorite folky explanation), but wartime accounts do ascribe a particular character to the Rebel yell which was different from the equivalent noise Union troops tended to make when they charged.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

Daniel Bryan posted:

I wonder what it says?

I just wanna know whose face and body is in the picture. Rootin' for Newt!

Caros
May 14, 2008

Winkie01 posted:

loving Christ. The economy is not the ends it's the means. What is wrong with these assholes who think we must offer up all that we are to the dread God Mar'khet so that we can have the glory of his 4% growth.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Joementum posted:

Who on earth thought this was a good idea.

Eonwe posted:

he is I guess taking that super personal even though its not directed at him?????

You literally quoted me and said "man you make bad posts" but I'm okay with this dumb slapfight being over.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Please tell me this is at least connected with that one dude who wanted to replace the entire Department of Defense with a wall of hovering yogis projecting mental barriers against all incoming threats.

Yup. John Hagelin is that dude. The American version of the Natural Law Party's site has long since lapsed, but the Canadian version is still kicking.

In my opinion: hey, it's worth a try and way cheaper than the US military.

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

Yup. John Hagelin is that dude. The American version of the Natural Law Party's site has long since lapsed, but the Canadian version is still kicking.

I figured it was, but for some odd reason, his wikipedia page is curiously lacking details of national defense via hovering yogis.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Winkie01 posted:

Like I don't quite get what he's saying here. People need to work more paid hours so companies should probably create more jobs so they can do that? Worthless salaried peons need to get down on their damned knees and thank Mammon they have a job and work 60 hour work weeks without complaining? People need to get second jobs?!?!? More forced overtime? Jeb?!?? JEB??!?!?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Oh, Martin. Please just stop. Why do you have to do this? And why did you make someone drag a chair out there for you to pose on?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Winkie01 posted:

That reads like an economic policy response prepared and coached by his campaign staff. He's the GOP establishment candidate, plus has a lifetime of political connections from his family—I'm sure he has the best staff a Republican candidate could have right now. Balance of probabilities, it's easier for me to believe that he bungled when trying to say that "wage-earning Americans need to be getting more hours from their employers" than that he meant to say "bootstrap harder shitlords".

Although I'm p. sure he feels the latter in his cold, Republican heart.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Monkey Fracas posted:

Like I don't quite get what he's saying here. People need to work more paid hours so companies should probably create more jobs so they can do that? Worthless salaried peons need to get down on their damned knees and thank Mammon they have a job and work 60 hour work weeks without complaining? People need to get second jobs?!?!? More forced overtime? Jeb?!?? JEB??!?!?

He's saying the American workforce is just being lazy and that's why everything sucks. When in doubt blame the peasants. Actually no just always blame the peasants. Lazy, dirty fucks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joementum posted:

Not surprising that NASA astronauts would favor the only candidate guaranteed not to mess up the unit conversions when working with ESA.

Who?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Yes, everyone vote yes.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

I think he was Governor of some state up Northeast. Connecticut?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Will Dick Cheney endorse Jeb?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

I mean, you have to be impressed that he came up with the exact opposite of the correct answer.

That statement doesn't look specific enough to criticize. If he's saying to lengthen the workweek, gently caress him obviously. But if he's saying "anybody who wants full-time work should be able to get it" then it's an inoffensive, empty promise.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

platzapS posted:

That statement doesn't look specific enough to criticize. If he's saying to lengthen the workweek, gently caress him obviously. But if he's saying "anybody who wants full-time work should be able to get it" then it's an inoffensive, empty promise.

Someone post that chart of productivity growth vs wages please.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

New video of Donald Trump speechifyin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtHyc43Firk&t=62s

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Joementum posted:

Oh, Martin. Please just stop. Why do you have to do this? And why did you make someone drag a chair out there for you to pose on?

somehow drastically less cool than Bernie's reggae cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Z01US5tyg

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Brannock posted:

Someone post that chart of productivity growth vs wages please.

Yeah, you're right it's a dumb answer regardless of what he meant.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

This is going to be the longest running Goatse on the planet, I can feel it in my bones.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Chokes McGee posted:

This is going to be the longest running Goatse on the planet, I can feel it in my bones.

I don't know when the Loss.jpg memes expanded to 9 panels, but this is the first one that actually makes me sad

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Joementum posted:

dumb loving rollout of a dumb loving logo or whatever that is supposed to be. is that supposed to generate interest or go "viral"? because its dumb as all gently caress.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

What problem so you have with Kagan or Ginsburg? Especially since Ginsburg was appointed by good ol' Bill and Kagan by Obama, and well, Hillary kinda agrees with both of those guys.

I think Bernie is more likely to push for a Ginsburg, which I would prefer, rather than settling for a Kagan. I'm fine with either, but there is a difference.

I'm aware that Bill Clinton appointed Ginsburg. But I think Bernie would push for a strong, progressive appointment in any case. Either way, the Republicans will be out in force, of course, but it certainly could make a difference.

Basically, Bernie's appointments are likely to be further to the left for each office. If Democrats can retake the Senate, it could be a huge deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
In the ninth image, the castle will be on fire. Don't fall for it-the initials are wrong!

• Locked thread