Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks. Holy butts that's a lot of XP. :stare:

Now I just gotta get botany from 4 to 50 :sigh:

I'm right there with ya buddy. I'm at 30 and it gets TEDIOUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hang on how do you pray teleport to the waking sands? I always went to horizon.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Vahalla posted:

What is it about OF safaris that irritate people? If you don't like his posts then put him on ignore like some people do Belzac and move on.

If you didn't want to read lovely opinions posted by morons why the gently caress did you pay :10bux: to post here?

shortly before my edith passed, leaving me alone to continue along this mortal coil, she told me something. maybe it was in a moment of weakness, or perhaps clarity. maybe both. she told me: you always seem so disappointed by the world, and i'm worried that you won't find your way out after i'm gone. in the moment it was very easy to be brave, and comforting. but as the months have come and gone, and I see her favorite marigolds finding the crescendo of their final descent, i can't help but think that everything that was good and kind about me withered with her.

which is why i'm seeking a petit au ra maiden to be my new wife, face must be "skype friendly", able to support two accounts, and be horse clan aligned, I cannot pay you

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nuru posted:

The purists will look at what FF11 is right now and weep. They made it accessible

Most of those people wouldn't survive in (pre-Tam) UO, and even EVE Online has made attempts at eroding away its learning wall, yet they long for the good old days of MMOs circa 2005 due to nothing more than rose-tinted glasses and stockholm syndrome.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'd comment on how i'd have tens of thousands more gil if i was willing to constantly have 90 items sitting on the marketboard but a stranger might think that's a lot.

Since I started working the market in HW the lowest amount I've made in a single day was a bit over 500k and the most was just under 2 million. The days where I make less is because of the idiots who think "Item X is listed for 7k each and Item Y is listed for 10k so if I list them for 3k each I'll sell faster" and you end up with other economically inept people following suit.

Then thankfully someone buys out all the insanely underpriced poo poo and I can go back to selling at an actual profit.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that's dumb and not true. there's not a use for gil in this game if you're an omnicrafter, who are coincidentally the people who make all the gil.

I am not an Omnicrafter and only have LTW to 50. I'm currently sitting on a bit over 13 million Gil and came in to the expansion with about 6mil. I have only started playing on the market in the last week or so and a lot of the 6mil I have is from Ixali dailies and selling sealants to crafters.

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery
After a week of having started, I just hit level 50 DRG and I don't have heavensward. Should I buy it or are there other things to do once you hit the lvl 50 exp cap? Also I really hope I can make a new character on Excalibur after the maintenance for tomorrow ends.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

All I have it CUL at 57 and I made 210k once and maybe like 40k a day since.

In a sorta related question am I allowed to sell the codes from the SE store for mounts and dress up poo poo for gil?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Peakay posted:

After a week of having started, I just hit level 50 DRG and I don't have heavensward. Should I buy it or are there other things to do once you hit the lvl 50 exp cap? Also I really hope I can make a new character on Excalibur after the maintenance for tomorrow ends.

You've still got a shitton of story to complete and dungeons to unlock before you can even access Heavensward, so don't worry about it for now. Just keep going along with the story.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

All I have it CUL at 57 and I made 210k once and maybe like 40k a day since.

In a sorta related question am I allowed to sell the codes from the SE store for mounts and dress up poo poo for gil?

Codes are directly applied to your account, aren't they? The wedding bands were tradeble, and it didn't break the ToS to sell them for gil. But they did plea officially to not use them for RMT.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Got a bard to 52 to try WM, I like it, and have now confirmed that I can level MCH to 60 and enjoy that too. I guess I must have brain problems :shrug:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

nuru posted:

Codes are directly applied to your account, aren't they? The wedding bands were tradeble, and it didn't break the ToS to sell them for gil. But they did plea officially to not use them for RMT.

Someone in my FC gave away an Odin mount for a hide and seek contest so maybe you pick if you want a code or not?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Someone in my FC gave away an Odin mount for a hide and seek contest so maybe you pick if you want a code or not?

You can buy it either for your account or as a code you can give to other people

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

In that case, RMT away.

Unrelated: Is Faerie as empty as it appears to be judging by the market board?

nuru fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 8, 2015

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Azerban posted:

teleport to limsa, teleport to arcanists guild, never don't teleport

Sometimes if I'm in Limsa and I need to get to the market but I'm not near an aetheryte I'll literally just teleport to it to save me the 20 seconds it'd take to track one down.

Tenzarin posted:

Hang on how do you pray teleport to the waking sands? I always went to horizon.

You can't, but IIRC there's a ferry in Limsa that takes you to Vesper Bay.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

vOv posted:

You can't, but IIRC there's a ferry in Limsa that takes you to Vesper Bay.

Port to Limsa, take the Aethernet to Arcanist's Guild, and then boat to Vesper Bay.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Tarranon posted:

Pf Raids are the new dunes. I've made more online friends by meeting friendly and good natured people tackling hard content than I ever did in xi. And unlike leveling where it's super hard to stay synced raid tiers are more permanent and it's easy to feel a sense of community and get to know people

I feel like the people complaining about the "loss of community" and how "df keeps you from making friends" aren't focusing on the real problem, which is themselves.

I've made a ton of friends, even RL ones, from this game, in and out of PBC/DGKK/TPT, and enhanced existing ones. There's plenty of opportunity to meet people and form bonds and experience the "multiplayer online" aspect of MMORPG, but like anything else, you get out what you put in.

And really, good point about XI. It was hard to maintain friendships and statics; there are plenty of stories about people who started together but their levels desynched and they drifted apart, and this wasn't fixed until a while after the game's heyday. I tried to get friends to play with me but it was nearly impossible or a huge time sink to find things to even do together. Meanwhile in XIV, I can jump in and help out anyone who asks and almost the entire game (at the very least, some of the best rewards) is designed around incentivising people to do this frequently and randomly for strangers. You also make a good point about raids, a lot of people who make these kinds of complaints are mostly just upset people don't just lay out the red carpet for them and hand them poo poo, and are pantshittingly terrified of any content that requires coordinating with others to participate in to put it nicely, many of them are just outright jerks who talk poo poo about "minmax assholes" who have the gall to even step foot in Coil/Alexander or schedule 4 hours a week to play with a static pretty much any time anyone broaches the topic of raids.

Basically, garbage in, garbage out.

Raylen posted:

Port to Limsa, take the Aethernet to Arcanist's Guild, and then boat to Vesper Bay.

I have an SSD and even I usually just teleport to Horizon and maybe take a chocobo porter if I feel exceptionally lazy because so many loading screens. But hey if I'm in Limsa already...

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i did it, im a jackpot hitter

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Raylen posted:

WELP

Only been playing for a few weeks, I'm L53 now and I took the port to Horizon every single time. :smith:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Luna Was Here posted:

You had the 2 best hands on the same card.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Kjermzs posted:

WELP

Only been playing for a few weeks, I'm L53 now and I took the port to Horizon every single time. :smith:

It's not that much faster due to loading times. Especially if Limsa's jam packed with people (way more common back in the day when you had to go there again and again and again...)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

It's not that much faster due to loading times. Especially if Limsa's jam packed with people (way more common back in the day when you had to go there again and again and again...)

It's considerably faster since you can Limsa -> Aetheryte to Arcanist's Guild -> boat and you're there unless you're running on an eight year old machine or something.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

fount of knowledge posted:

In a stunning counterpoint to this, the first Ravana's Forewings were listed for like 5 mil, actually sold for like 50k, cratered to like 3k, then rebounded and I was able to offload mine for half a million.

It's a faulty counterpoint. I said the first one SOLD for 1.5. They were selling at their listed price, before the undercutting started.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 8, 2015

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Luna Was Here posted:

Now do three in a row.

Best I've ever gotten is 123, 789, 123.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kjermzs posted:

WELP

It's ok I just learned a few weeks ago that you can click on aetherytes from the map to teleport to them.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Holyshoot posted:

It's ok I just learned a few weeks ago that you can click on aetherytes from the map to teleport to them.

you can what

trem
Sep 17, 2009
I set Limsa as my free teleport because of how often I had to go to the waking sands

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Yeah my standard protocol for quests it's to click to objective to see it on the map, and if it's not nearby I scroll over to the nearest aetheryte and click it to teleport. So much easier than remembering which town is in which zone all the time.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Holyshoot posted:

oh my god

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Motherfuck

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I did floors 2 and 3 on my first try with a partially-FC group of mostly new people, but didn't get loot, so I went back to try em again, and somehow found a DF that wiped twice on floor 2's final wave because tanks couldn't keep aggro, and healer ragequit :shepface:

I'm really glad they have matchmaking, because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do them at all this week, but ugh

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

Begemot posted:

Yeah my standard protocol for quests it's to click to objective to see it on the map, and if it's not nearby I scroll over to the nearest aetheryte and click it to teleport. So much easier than remembering which town is in which zone all the time.

Been playing ARR since beta and my mind has just been seriously hosed sideways.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I pretty sure the "click aetheryte to teleport to it" feature was added fairly recently. I remember reading a patch note about it.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Zereth posted:

I pretty sure the "click aetheryte to teleport to it" feature was added fairly recently. I remember reading a patch note about it.

It's been in at least since I started playing the game, which was a year ago.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Clicking teleports has been in since June 5th, 2014

you guys :sigh:

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Jia posted:

It's been in at least since I started playing the game, which was a year ago.

I can't seem to connect to ANY server right now, keep getting error 2002. Anything broke right now or is my hotel connection loving me over?

edit: tried logging in a dozen times but a computer reboot fixed it, odd.

Kjermzs fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 9, 2015

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Begemot posted:

Teleportlyfe :respek:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
AAre there any sites out there that list what hooksets to use to catch collectible fish or whatever?

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Verranicus posted:

AAre there any sites out there that list what hooksets to use to catch collectible fish or whatever?

For all your fishing needs: http://en.ff14angler.com/

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Verranicus posted:

I thought it was size dependant, powerful for larger fish, precision for smaller but honestly I have no clue.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Working my way though the game for the first time, oh my god I'm in love with Midgardsormr's voice. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

• Locked thread