Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
Looks like the stock seat. You can see the belt guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Boogalo posted:

Is a racing seat in there or are the door sills incredibly high?

I'll let Mr.Regular explain:
(it will skip to the right point you dont need to watch a whole vid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw-3zLZheII&t=167s

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Vroom vroom vroom oh god I hope I never get into an accident

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

RillAkBea posted:

Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion where it explodes and leaves me stranded somewhere in Nagasaki tomorrow and I get kicked out of my apartment for accidentally dying my parking space green.

Japan talk....So my son was watching Doraemon today and it reminded me I had this alarm clock when I was in Glorious Nippon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OIew0oZetM

:allears:

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Sometimes I wonder, if I get t-boned, would a truck bumper hit me in the side of the head before the vehicles themselves made contact?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Viper915 posted:

Sometimes I wonder, if I get t-boned, would a truck bumper hit me in the side of the head before the vehicles themselves made contact?

If you're lucky, yes.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Viper915 posted:

I wonder the same thing

This is before being lowered too :v:

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

I've never seen insight wheels on a miata before

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Chriskory posted:

I've never seen insight wheels on a miata before

:ssh: The tires on the Miata are shot and I want to break in the new LRR tires for the Insight so it's a win-win scenario. I'm getting some sweet, sweet fuel economy right now.

I am the Anti-AI :(

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

:ssh: The tires on the Miata are shot and I want to break in the new LRR tires for the Insight so it's a win-win scenario. I'm getting some sweet, sweet fuel economy right now.

I am the Anti-AI :(

I just bought a 240k mile insight, I'm thinking you've got an ideal duo at the moment.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Flying out in the morning to pick up my (new to me) 09 PRHT GT Miata. And then drive it back 1400 miles.

Hope I don't die!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Viper915 posted:

Pfft, the Miata is a loving tank. I got rear-ended by an Explorer and survived to shitpoast about it to this day. I'm no more retarded now than I was before the collision. :colbert:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
So a few weeks ago on a whim I bought a 1990 RX7 convertible in rough shape thinking it would be a fun project to restore. Well, I'd never done anything like that before and have come to realize that for me, that kind of work isn't fun. In fact it's quite unfun. The car and it's growing list of issues was stressing me out so I got rid of it and bought an NC2 instead.

Best feeling car I've ever driven. Miles ahead of the FRS.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Of course its red..... They're ALWAYS red. The NC kicks rear end and this is the perfect time to scoop one up.

The act of fixing cars is like the act of losing weight. It sucks while you are doing it and worth it when you are done, dont give up on the FC. (or better yet, give up on the FC and pick up a nice clean Turbo II)

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 11, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GutBomb posted:

So a few weeks ago on a whim I bought a 1990 RX7 convertible in rough shape thinking it would be a fun project to restore. Well, I'd never done anything like that before and have come to realize that for me, that kind of work isn't fun. In fact it's quite unfun. The car and it's growing list of issues was stressing me out so I got rid of it and bought an NC2 instead.

Nice! there was a 2013 R ed club at the dealer when I bought my 2008 and I had trouble focusing on the car I was buying and not that one

that shirt though :woop:

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Trip update: car is even better than I had hoped, escaped Texas and Louisiana, not dead yet!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

GutBomb posted:

This is where I work!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Nodoze posted:

This is where I work!

Awesome! What do you do there?

Also I want to reiterate that anything fucky done to that RX-7 happened before I took ownership.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

GutBomb posted:

Awesome! What do you do there?

Also I want to reiterate that anything fucky done to that RX-7 happened before I took ownership.

Warranty for bmw, but I'm in the mazda building so I know all the people there

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Working on cars is a lot more enjoyable when it's not your only means of transportation and you're not in a time crunch to get things done.

It's why everyone should have one perpetual project car and one reliable daily. :getin:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

HotCanadianChick posted:

It's why everyone should have one perpetual project car and one reliable daily. :getin:
Believe me, I'm trying. The problem is that they keep switching roles.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Anyone in Hawaii interested in an 06 GT? http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/5112186858.html Recently had an incident with a pole which has made me come to the realization I don't drive enough to keep a nice car around.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

HotCanadianChick posted:

Working on cars is a lot more enjoyable when it's not your only means of transportation and you're not in a time crunch to get things done.

Oh I understand that. My daily is a Fiesta ST. This one is just for nice days, mods, and autocross.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Looks at a hardtop w/ defrost for my NA tomorrow. Anything in particular to keep at an eye out for? Seal stuff, headliner stuff?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Harmburger posted:

Anyone in Hawaii interested in an 06 GT? http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/5112186858.html Recently had an incident with a pole which has made me come to the realization I don't drive enough to keep a nice car around.

It still weirds me out when people on the forum say they are in Hawaii. Its like being in the middle of the ocean means I'm far away from Internet.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Laranzu posted:

It still weirds me out when people on the forum say they are in Hawaii. Its like being in the middle of the ocean means I'm far away from Internet.

Strangely enough, being in Hawaii has made me feel closer. Before if I was in the same state as someone else, chances are that I was a few hours away at least. Now, if we happen to be in the same state, I'm probably less than an hour from you.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Insurance decided that my poor blue '06 is totaled. Happily enough they are giving me $1:$1 for what I paid.

I'm looking at a replacement one and its a toss up right now between an '06 PRHT and a MSM that looks like someone tried to speed racer.

That said, guess I'm just wondering people's thoughts on a NC1 vs a MSM for a daily driver? Obviously it'll depend on how they look once I see them in person, but that turbo worth it?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The NC is the nicer car.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Ok, so I'm back, alive, in NC, with an NC.

Some More Photos:

https://goo.gl/photos/kVmvCSCZJSmgLXTg8

The Details:

2009 Liquid Silver Metallic PRHT GT with Brown Leather Interior. 6-speed Manual (of course) and the following packages: Appearance, Suspension, Premium.

Purchased with 31,500 on it, but I just put another 1400 on it over the last three days on the drive.

Cost paid without tax: $15,650

Which is not bad, but it also came with these goodies installed (I had a pre-purchase inspection done, the independent tech verified that ll of the add ons were installed properly, etc):

Goodwin Racing Roadster Headers, Midpipe, and SS Exhaust
Koni Adjustable Shocks
H&R Sport Springs
FatCat Bump Stops
Racing Beat Adjustable front and rear Sway Bars
Racing Beat End Links
Steel/Poly Motor Mounts
IL Motorsports X Brace and Front Powertrain Brace
17x8 OZ Alleggeritas
Racing Beat Cold Air Intake
StopTech Slotted Rotors
SS Brakelines
Hankook R-S3s Tires

The one thing I'm looking to probably remove are the motor mounts. With the top up the car is just way too buzzy from 2-3000 rpm.

The exhaust is a little loud, but not obnoxiously so, and I'm pretty happy with the sound.

For reference, I was shopping for about 4 weeks, looking to hit a specific price point, and had some hard requirements (09 or newer, 6 speed manual, prht)

Phone, are there any Miata meet-ups in the area worth attending?

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
drat, that's a gorgeous car, and a hell of a bargain with all those mods. Good job!

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Phone posted:

The NC is the nicer car.

The NB, especially the turbo NB, will likely always go down as the "holy poo poo sports car" of the miatas. I'm the biggest NA fanboy in the world and i think that its the one to have if you want to get your heartbeat racing. The NC is basically just a BMW z4. (usual disclaimer: I've daily driven every generation). If you have the chance to own one that isnt silver, take it.

Even the 2003 VVT car, with all of 10 horsepower over the boring NA was enough to scare me like a v8 car. Something about it was sharp like the NA and NC and NB1 is not.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 13, 2015

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dameius posted:

Insurance decided that my poor blue '06 is totaled. Happily enough they are giving me $1:$1 for what I paid.

I'm looking at a replacement one and its a toss up right now between an '06 PRHT and a MSM that looks like someone tried to speed racer.

That said, guess I'm just wondering people's thoughts on a NC1 vs a MSM for a daily driver? Obviously it'll depend on how they look once I see them in person, but that turbo worth it?

Oof, what happened to your NC?

As far as another NC vs. MSM goes, I've never driven the former, but I'd probably take it with a PRHT. That being said, I love my MSM. It looks and drives great, and you can definitely notice the turbo. At least drive them both first; you'll probably be able to decide quickly which one you prefer. As a bonus the MSM will [probably] be cheaper if you go that route.

Oh yeah, if you go with the MSM make sure to replace the OEM rims if it still has them. :3:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

GEMorris posted:

Ok, so I'm back, alive, in NC, with an NC.

Goodwin Racing Roadster Headers, Midpipe, and SS Exhaust

I bet that sounded awesome, I love the roadstersport on the NC. Nice find, that's a great looking car.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

GEMorris posted:

Phone, are there any Miata meet-ups in the area worth attending?

Autocross this Saturday at NC CAR, Fatcow's going to be at VIR all weekend. THSCC meets up every second Wednesday at Randys off of Miami.

Avoid the Cars & Coffee or Mazda Roadster crew.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Thanks for saving me the time on those last two

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Phone posted:

THSCC meets up every second Wednesday at Randys off of Miami.

Tell me more, what is THSCC? I'm only one county north.

Dameius posted:

The most inglorious of all deaths, flood water from heavy storms.

That sucks. Honorable mention for "NA or NB parked in the yard with a ripped top, owner doesnt bother to fix and it just fills with water for years" as a lovely death that happens too often.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 13, 2015

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Atomizer posted:

Oof, what happened to your NC?

As far as another NC vs. MSM goes, I've never driven the former, but I'd probably take it with a PRHT. That being said, I love my MSM. It looks and drives great, and you can definitely notice the turbo. At least drive them both first; you'll probably be able to decide quickly which one you prefer. As a bonus the MSM will [probably] be cheaper if you go that route.

Oh yeah, if you go with the MSM make sure to replace the OEM rims if it still has them. :3:

The most inglorious of all deaths, flood water from heavy storms. I actually tried to fight to keep it but once I saw that I saw they were giving me 1:1 for it I figured getting a second Miata may not be so terrible.

Plus they are both cheaper than the payout so I'll walk away with some extra cash in pocket.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Getting a 2003-2004-2005 Hard-S VVT car and turbo ing it yourself would probibly result in a better condition car for cheaper. Mazda didn't do a great job on the motor of the MSM and the way to fix that is to replace it with a bunch of aftermarket parts anyway.

Plus, not being able to hit 7000rpm would really annoy me on some level. Even if its only slightly less

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Tell me more, what is THSCC? I'm only one county north.

That sucks. Honorable mention for "NA or NB parked in the yard with a ripped top, owner doesnt bother to fix and it just fills with water for years" as a lovely death that happens too often.

I thought you were down in FL? You live in NC as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Nope. I took miami to mean the city of miami, but re-reading it it appears to be a road or something sorry.