Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Potential BFF posted:

Here's last night's little project

:black101: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Potential BFF posted:

Here's last night's little project

You should set up a king statue to ritualistically summon NPCs for blood sacrifice.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Supremezero posted:

Of course, this involves building a wiring line clear from the source to the output location. And can't be used to generate infinite water anymore, so you can't just grab a couple buckets and use that to make the rest.
I don't know why everybody keeps saying this. I use about 8 buckets and then pumps to duplicate it to fill all my artificial fishing ponds. And fill up my lava and honey reservoirs when I go get honey blocks/crisp honey blocks/obsidian.

It takes a while to fill up but I'm pretty sure pumps just output slightly more than they take in.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

SirSamVimes posted:

So, what new mechanics do the mech bosses have on Expert? I didn't actually notice any.

Nothing overt. If you actually come into contact with the Destroyer's head it does a fuckload more damage and skeletron has massive defenses while spinning. Didn't notice anything about the twins.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Zereth posted:

I don't know why everybody keeps saying this. I use about 8 buckets and then pumps to duplicate it to fill all my artificial fishing ponds. And fill up my lava and honey reservoirs when I go get honey blocks/crisp honey blocks/obsidian.

It takes a while to fill up but I'm pretty sure pumps just output slightly more than they take in.
I don't understand how people can do technical things in this game when I can barely make a dart trap.

Then again I haven't tried to make anything technical beyond said dart trap, so maybe it's easier than it seems.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

symbolic posted:

I don't understand how people can do technical things in this game when I can barely make a dart trap.

Then again I haven't tried to make anything technical beyond said dart trap, so maybe it's easier than it seems.

It's really easy.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Zereth posted:

Pumps actually output exactly the same amount, what happens is every time water (or any liquid) flows over a ledge it gets a little bit more. Since your output pumps need to be sitting on a block, anything they output has to flow over at least one edge to fall back down to the input pump and be recycled, so any pump system will (very) slowly duplicate liquids, but you can amplify the duplication rate a lot by having the water flow down a series of stairs before it reaches the input pump again.

I don't have hard numbers or anything, but it seems to work fastest when there is a full block flowing, so you would do well to fully submerse your input pump in a full block of liquid before starting the pumps, rather than have it sitting in a very shallow pool. It also seems to (but I'm not positive about this) duplicate faster when the liquid only has one direction to flow, so having it flow down a series of stairs is better than having the liquid land on a block where it can then flow in either direction. I suspect this is because having the liquid flow in two directions reduces the volume going over a single edge, so you're getting two ledges each with half a block's worth of liquid, rather than sending the full block over a single edge.

Disclaimer, I did most of my tests with honey. The mechanics might be slightly different with the faster-flowing water, but I can at least confirm that the stair step method does work with water, even if the stairs method isn't the fastest like it is with honey.

I hope this is clear, it's kind of hard to describe. I can take some screenshots later today if someone wants.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

symbolic posted:

You need to buy a wrench and some wire from the mechanic. Use the wrench to place wires between your trap and the pressure plate/lever/switch/etc.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Medusa's are fixed (among other things):

Patch 1.3.4 now live.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Just updated to 1.3.0.4, anyone know what it does?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Crimson Harvest posted:

Just updated to 1.3.0.4, anyone know what it does?

Check out the post above yours.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
When do we reckon the patch will hit the GOG.com version?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
"Fixed bug where Phantasm dealt unintentional high damage."

Oh.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Supremezero posted:

"Fixed bug where something was almost as good as my fetis.. I mean yoyos, yeah."

Oh.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Baby's first skycastle.

I should hang every single banner I can find from the battle platform.

e:
"You can no longer escape from the final boss's wrath."
Uh oh, what does this mean?

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 9, 2015

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Supremezero posted:

"Fixed bug where Phantasm dealt unintentional high damage."

Oh.

Being able to solo the moon lord was an unintentional bug I guess.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Xenaero posted:

"You can no longer escape from the final boss's wrath."
Uh oh, what does this mean?

My guess would be that you can't teleport away anymore.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Senor Candle posted:

It's really easy.
Yeah it's nothing like the bullshit you have to do in Minecraft or something like that. It's basically just connecting wire from a pressure pad/switch/whatever to your teleporter/door/trap, boom done.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You need to buy a wrench and some wire from the mechanic. Use the wrench to place wires between your trap and the pressure plate/lever/switch/etc.

Well yeah I know that much. My friend built an entire system of wires and doors and teleporters in our multiplayer world so apparently it's easy enough.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Copycat Zero posted:

My guess would be that you can't teleport away anymore.

Or a similar thing as the wall of flesh I.E. you die if you teleport away.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

quote:

Fixed Tax Collector not granting money in multiplayer.
I thought this was broken but wasn't sure, glad to know I'm not crazy

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

quote:

Fixed certain achievements not being obtainable in multiplayer (you should now be able to get them all).

quote:

Fixed fishing achievements not being counted on Steam / resetting on startup.

Finally my achievement autism can be sated.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Terraria 1.3.0.4 posted:

Fixed Eye of Cthulhu dealing WAYYYYY too much damage in normal mode.

Uhhh, do they mean the boss or the yoyo?

Edit: VVVV Oh thank god.

MrGreenShirt fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 9, 2015

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

MrGreenShirt posted:

Uhhh, do they mean the boss or the yoyo?

Since weapons don't do different damage between difficulty I imagine they are talking about the boss.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I have a hint for players new to hard mode: before you kill the wall of flesh, find a floating island, extend a platform out one side a hundred blocks or so and farm harpies until you get a harpy feather. As soon as you kill the wall of flesh, go back to that platform farm and kill wyverns for 20 souls of flight for harpy wings. It's the easiest way to get wings that I know of, and you can't beat the maneuverability and slow fall boost for killing the destroyer.

Also, before you kill plantera, go to the dungeon and set up a farm; I like a big empty room that extends about 2 screens. After you kill plantera, load up on rockets from the cyborg, and use the grenade launcher to farm dungeon mobs for better gear.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How come when I break glowing mushrooms with my regrowth rod it doesn't give me shrooms/seeds? I thought it was supposed to increase your yield but instead it eliminates it entirely.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

How come when I break glowing mushrooms with my regrowth rod it doesn't give me shrooms/seeds? I thought it was supposed to increase your yield but instead it eliminates it entirely.

It only does that for the stuff you plant with seeds. I think it's a bug that it actually gives you nothing when you hit a mushroom instead of just dropping what it normally should.

Ambaire posted:

I have a hint for players new to hard mode: before you kill the wall of flesh, find a floating island, extend a platform out one side a hundred blocks or so and farm harpies until you get a harpy feather. As soon as you kill the wall of flesh, go back to that platform farm and kill wyverns for 20 souls of flight for harpy wings. It's the easiest way to get wings that I know of, and you can't beat the maneuverability and slow fall boost for killing the destroyer.
You can also just move the Witch Doctor into a house in the jungle and buy wings from him at night. It cost 1 plat but is worth it if you can afford it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Money should be no object in this game, the coin drop rates have been raised a lot it seems and you'll get even more if you regularly visit the tax collector, do angling quests, and sell off extra gear you pick up
A good tip is to keep killing the pre-hardmode bosses once they're small potatoes, demonite/crimsonite ore is worth s lot.

I've also discovered that it's really good to have a base in a hallow because instead of fireflies you'll get lightening bugs, which are 35% bait power, as much as an enchanted nightcrawler but doesn't cost a falling star and spawns abundantly.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

It's funny how in the end Terraria ended up having the same plot as Bloodbourne. Or I guess I should say Bloodbourne had the same plot as Terraria.

Unrelated note, my Godly Terrarian yoyo just disappeared from my inventory. gently caress this, I'm getting an item editor...

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The Moon Monster posted:

It's funny how in the end Terraria ended up having the same plot as Bloodbourne. Or I guess I should say Bloodbourne had the same plot as Terraria.

Unrelated note, my Godly Terrarian yoyo just disappeared from my inventory. gently caress this, I'm getting an item editor...

Did you have it favorited? Do you use the auto-store command? If you have a chest with a yo-yo (or any weapon?) and use auto-store, it'll shove other similar items into the chest too.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Senor Candle posted:

It only does that for the stuff you plant with seeds. I think it's a bug that it actually gives you nothing when you hit a mushroom instead of just dropping what it normally should.

You can also just move the Witch Doctor into a house in the jungle and buy wings from him at night. It cost 1 plat but is worth it if you can afford it.

The wings the Witch Doctor sells are also better wings that most, if not all, of the pre-Plantera craftable wings. And if you're on expert, honestly you'll get a platinum coin pretty easily as long as you're regularly depositing your money and not dying with it all on hand.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Devor posted:

Did you have it favorited? Do you use the auto-store command? If you have a chest with a yo-yo (or any weapon?) and use auto-store, it'll shove other similar items into the chest too.

It only does that if the chest has another Terrarian in it.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 9, 2015

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Acne Rain posted:

Money should be no object in this game

I'm still in Normal mode, but I'm finding it a lot easier to keep up with all the stuff I want to buy in this new version. My base, such as it is, is in the ice biome and I perpetually have three penguins chilling on my front porch. A stack of penguins sells for twelve gold. This is a lot of effort for pocket change by now but when I was trying to decide between crafting an iron pick or an iron bow it was at least ten times quicker than killing slimes since they're in front of me when I spawn. Also there's the portals to the Elemental Plane of Loot or whatever those things are, you can apparently find them in any pot or breakable. On top of that I'm pretty sure the money you get from bosses has been increased. I've got 1 platinum just from killing all the Queen Bees in my small world today looking for the Honeyed Goggles. I haven't even sold the duplicate loot yet.

scuba school sucks fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 9, 2015

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

quote:

Fixed air items being left over when monsters pick up coins in expert mode.

So that's what that was, I was noticing the pickup noise without accompanying messages as I walked over places I had been killing enemies.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So I tried out the whole "build a circle minecart track and just follow it" tactic for Moon Lord.

It did not work.

Because I was so god drat fast I couldn't hit him either.

What speed should I be going at for this idea?

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Couldn't you just decelerate until you could hit him...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

whalestory posted:

Couldn't you just decelerate until you could hit him...

When I'm going 102 mph and trying not to die? Not really.

*pushes back* Nope, no good. *repeats* Oh, now I'm dying.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Supremezero posted:

When I'm going 102 mph and trying not to die? Not really.

*pushes back* Nope, no good. *repeats* Oh, now I'm dying.

You can decelerate super gradually, like 1-2mph at a time if you just tap the jet. If he's not hitting you you're not really in any danger yeah?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Supremezero posted:

So I tried out the whole "build a circle minecart track and just follow it" tactic for Moon Lord.

It did not work.

Because I was so god drat fast I couldn't hit him either.

What speed should I be going at for this idea?

Just use a flarion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Finally got around to completing my main base and fighting area. That thing on the right is just there to look cool (for now) and to anchor the right-hand side of the Boss Fighting Zone

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 9, 2015