Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

It's even worse than the console wars back in the day.

Then:
"WELL WE HAVE MARIO!"

"gently caress YOU, SONIC IS COOLER!"

Now:
"I CAN PLAY SKYRIM WITHOUT TYING UP THE COMPUTER, NERD!"

"YEAH BUT DOES YOUR CONSOLE VERSION ALLOW FOR JIGGLY TITS MODS? I THINK NOT, FAG"

Tying up the computer? What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

how me a frog posted:

Tying up the computer? What?

When you play a game on the computer other people can't use the computer until you're done

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

titties posted:

When you play a game on the computer other people can't use the computer until you're done

Other people?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

titties posted:

Who the hell would be using my computer but me? You have to get on the net so bad but have misplaced both your laptops the just go borrow the dogs ipad. Tying up the computer in tyool 2015, fucken lol.

Edit: my point was you might have stated a real world argument for consoles like no worries about specs drivers and compatabilities rather than that nonsense

how me a frog has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Jul 10, 2015

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

how me a frog posted:

Who the hell would be using my computer but me? You have to get on the net so bad but have misplaced both your laptops the just go borrow the dogs ipad. Tying up the computer in tyool 2015, fucken lol.

Hahahahaha

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

The White Dragon posted:

Mac does have some (hideously overpriced) middle-tier hardware that'll run most modern games in its lineup, but the iMac is not one of these products.

They sure do know how to make some kickass track pads though, the only piece of my work macbook I really love.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Guys they mean you arent hogging all the bandwidth playing Skyrim with all your nude mods amd super HD mods obvoiusly.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My iMac had zero problems running any modern game I played on it.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
zounds i kept reading that as "typing up the computer" and thought everyone was just ragging really hard on dude's typo

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

NESguerilla posted:

My iMac had zero problems running any modern game I played on it.

Huh, I was under the impression that the iMac was their garbage budget desktop line. They sure were a decade ago.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A compendium of Birthday_Sads_That_Didn't_Happen

https://imgur.com/gallery/oPZdl

There are like 15 of them with extra text.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

So this person has someone die on all of his birthdays?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

Huh, I was under the impression that the iMac was their garbage budget desktop line. They sure were a decade ago.

I don't think Apple has budget anything. They start at $1300 and go up to about $2000 at least when I was shopping for one. The really pricey desktops that use a tower are the type of thing I would think someone would only need if they were doing production work or something.

Every game I played looked great on my mid tier iMac. Obvs not the best or most economical choice if you are just getting something to play games on though and you have to run boot camp to play Windows games.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

I don't think Apple has budget anything. They start at $1300 and go up to about $2000 at least when I was shopping for one. The really pricey desktops that use a tower are the type of thing I would think someone would only need if they were doing production work or something.

Every game I played looked great on my mid tier iMac. Obvs not the best or most economical choice if you are just getting something to play games on though and you have to run boot camp to play Windows games.

We used to have a Mac Pro at a prior call center job I worked IT at. We would periodically have to back up profiles to reinstall Windows, and the other IT guy and I would use our desktops as targets. Well, a prior ISP client had brought in a fairly loaded Mac Pro (tower) so we could use it to train reps on Mac networking. One thing led to another and the client withdrew from the company before the training was done. Without asking for the Mac back. One thing led to another, I was a Mac owner (old PowerPC rig) so we finally pried the Mac Pro out of the sweaty grasp of the trainer under who's desk it had been sitting, after explaining to him that he cound NOT have it as his desktop, I did a little Samba work, and BAM, fancy pants loaded Mac became dumbass backup server.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Then a bunch of people clapped, and I named the Mac Einstein, and we are married today!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
You can marry your computer?! :swoon:

(gay marriage really was a slippery slope)

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Tunicate posted:

This is one of the most insufferable things I've read in ages. Once again the mind boggles that the top comments are lapping up this obvious bullshit. I think it aggravates me most because a friend of a friend tells huge rear end lies constantly in exactly this vein and I have to run into them too often. They take over the entire conversation always and forever with these lovely stories and I don't know how anyone can stand them.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

I assume "work extra hours" refers to chores or maybe a newspaper route, because I have no idea what any other job would accept a 9yr old. Aside from that, I could believe that no one would show up to a party.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There's mining, clothes factories, shoe factories...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Tunicate posted:

There are like 15 of them with extra text.

i know the guy in that photo

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

corn in the bible posted:

i know the guy in that photo

Is it you?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

trap sprung

its u

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Wow :eyepop:

So how does that dude feel that this is the picture he will be remembered for?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Old BUT:

I actually did have a guest lecturer, who apparently got to mark assignments as well because out stated lecturer was too busy for us, who took roughly 5% off my marks on a paper because I a) wrote the lecturers name on the cover sheet, not his and b) wrote my name above the lecturers name that was supposed to be his.

He pulled this sort of poo poo on everyone in the class so we ended up lobbying our course coordinator to have him removed and our assignments re-graded. So yeah, poo poo that actually happened.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

his name is dylan and i think hes currently a janitor

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Weatherman posted:

trap sprung

its u

noooooo

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

PC master race is some of the most obnoxious Internet poo poo that I've ever had the misfortune of seeing first hand. It's everywhere and now it's becoming the accepted "culture" of modern pc gaming. Even that terrible pc-centric event at e3 this year was all about flaunting pc master race poo poo. It's just smug bullshit meant to make nerds feel better about themselves in literally the least important way possible. Console people might be bad but they're just delusional. console gamers don't have an active subculture of smug nerds waiting to critique the fact that you choose to play bideo gaymes differently than they do. I don't know a single console gamer who would go to someone's house and say "you have a gaming PC? Why not just get an Xbox One?" but I absolutely know several pc gamers who have on at least one occasion gone to someone's house and told them why they're wrong for owning a console.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Verisimilidude posted:

PC master race is some of the most obnoxious Internet poo poo that I've ever had the misfortune of seeing first hand. It's everywhere and now it's becoming the accepted "culture" of modern pc gaming. Even that terrible pc-centric event at e3 this year was all about flaunting pc master race poo poo. It's just smug bullshit meant to make nerds feel better about themselves in literally the least important way possible. Console people might be bad but they're just delusional. console gamers don't have an active subculture of smug nerds waiting to critique the fact that you choose to play bideo gaymes differently than they do. I don't know a single console gamer who would go to someone's house and say "you have a gaming PC? Why not just get an Xbox One?" but I absolutely know several pc gamers who have on at least one occasion gone to someone's house and told them why they're wrong for owning a console.

Console peasants owners would squabble among themselves about what console is better, because they know the light of PC divinity is too bright for them to handle because nerds are giant babies who argue about stupid things non-stop. It's just PC people see all consoles as inferior, while console people argue against wrong kind of RAM on xbone. Plus, everyone still owns a PC anyway.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

I assume "work extra hours" refers to chores or maybe a newspaper route, because I have no idea what any other job would accept a 9yr old. Aside from that, I could believe that no one would show up to a party.

quote:

It's not like I didn't have friends. But a more popular girl moved her party to the day before mine because her birthday was two weeks before the school year. And parents have more to do than ferry their kids to endless birthday parties. Still, lovely thing for the parents to do. If your kids have multiple parties, work with the other parents in class so the less popular kids aren't totally deserted. And yes, I worked. We were hella poor.

Don't worry, there's a 'hella poor' exception in the labor laws.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

NESguerilla posted:

https://www.apple.com/mac-mini/ $500

uhhhh

And those big Apple towers got replaced, they don't sell those anymore https://www.apple.com/mac-pro/ now its a weird trash-bin computer.

Apple is constantly completely changing their product line but use the same names which is why you and the other poster are confused.
They make both powerful hardware and weak hardware. iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro, Macbook, Macbook Pro, etc.

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 17:11 on Jul 10, 2015

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Don't worry, there's a 'hella poor' exception in the labor laws.

I like how they were hella poor when the person was 9 but owned horses by the time they were 11.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Zaphod42 posted:

And those big Apple towers got replaced, they don't sell those anymore https://www.apple.com/mac-pro/ now its a weird trash-bin computer.

That one looks pretty neat I really dig alternative case designs. Then again I guess mac has always been p good about design.

Does that birthday thing really imply that this is all from one person?

E: haha it does.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 17:52 on Jul 10, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

That one looks pretty neat I really dig alternative case designs. Then again I guess mac has always been p good about design.

Does that birthday thing really imply that this is all from one person?

It looks like a bin

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

EmmyOk posted:

It looks like a bin

Still would.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

Still would.

God loves a trier!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
This is art. :eyepop:

Droidmeat
May 30, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

his name is dylan and i think hes currently a janitor

Actually his name is Kyle and he works at a construction company

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Fathis Munk posted:

This is art. :eyepop:

MAXIMUM OVERDIDN'T

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I too coped with crippling poverty by going horseback riding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

EmmyOk posted:

God loves a trier!

Her best friend? Albert Einstein.

And then everyone stood up and gagged.

• Locked thread