Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Gonna say August.

I'm pretty sure they've been hinting it's not coming out this month in their weekly updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

That forum post someone linked to earlier seems to put the estimate from about 20 to 40 days, so August seems about right

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
By the way, here is the best loadout for support in my opinion, everyone should do it:

pump shotgun at the start, use this for waves 1-2 or so
buy a double barrel
sell the pump
buy an AA12
buy a med pistol

double, AA-12, medpistol is max weight and it's pretty great. Limited heal abilities to help your field medic out (especially important on Hans), two awesome shotguns to shoot everything. AA-12 for scrakes and pounds, double for everything else. In a pinch, a double barrel to a scrake's head hurts it an awful lot!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

If you play Support regularly and you aren't already using a boomstick / AA12 / med pistol loadout as your go-to then you're hopeless, utterly hopeless

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Apparently, some of you missed this in the thread:

quote:

Below you will find a graph of the devs working on items for the Incinerate ‘N Detonate update. On the bottom you will find the position and on the left hand side you will find the dev days of work left:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Psion posted:

By the way, here is the best loadout for support in my opinion, everyone should do it:

pump shotgun at the start, use this for waves 1-2 or so
buy a double barrel
sell the pump
buy an AA12
buy a med pistol

double, AA-12, medpistol is max weight and it's pretty great. Limited heal abilities to help your field medic out (especially important on Hans), two awesome shotguns to shoot everything. AA-12 for scrakes and pounds, double for everything else. In a pinch, a double barrel to a scrake's head hurts it an awful lot!

And then when you hit level 20, if you take the Weight talent you can keep your Pump action to basically double your non AA12 "Saving this for scrakes/pounds" Ammo capacity.

+10% damage is nice, but it's hard to argue with over 40 more shotgun shells to play with.

DoombatINC posted:

If you play Support regularly and you aren't already using a boomstick / AA12 / med pistol loadout as your go-to then you're hopeless, utterly hopeless

Well, basically the only way that is possible is if you take the M4 on purpose... Which I guess proves your point.

EDIT: I think the M4 is the only currently implemented weapon that has no realistic argument in favor of it, for all its terrible flaws in exchange for Semi-auto, which literally every shotgun but the generic pump action has anyway.

Even the off perk flamethrower, which weighs the same and costs the same, is surprisingly efficient on trash and sirens. At the low low cost of $50 for 500 fuel.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 10, 2015

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Weight is also currently bugged and persists after class change, so you can switch to medic and cart around an AA-12 and medgun.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moot the hopple posted:

Weight is also currently bugged and persists after class change, so you can switch to medic and cart around an AA-12 and medgun.

That was fixed, if you try that now it drops a gun.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Alteisen posted:

That was fixed, if you try that now it drops a gun.

I kinda want to see how a week long temporary comedy nerf that disables the Medic speed buff if you exceed 11 weight would play out.

Just to see all the justifications of bringing nothing but a Medic pistol along with your AA12, or SCAR+Boomstick combo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Section Z posted:

And then when you hit level 20, if you take the Weight talent you can keep your Pump action to basically double your non AA12 "Saving this for scrakes/pounds" Ammo capacity.

+10% damage is nice, but it's hard to argue with over 40 more shotgun shells to play with.

I don't take weight because it messes up my weapon switch habits (I got way too used to having two shotguns, three just messes it all up) and I don't run out of ammo on Suicidal anyway. I might change that for HOE, but it's fine as-is for anything less - and 10% damage is really nice against scrakes and pounds.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Can we get a return of the last weapon key? Not the already implemented previous weapon which just scrolls backwards through your weapon list, but a key binding that selects your last used weapon. I used it a lot in KF1 because you'd sometimes have several weapons in a category and stuff gets too hectic to scroll through them all.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

moot the hopple posted:

Can we get a return of the last weapon key? Not the already implemented previous weapon which just scrolls backwards through your weapon list, but a key binding that selects your last used weapon. I used it a lot in KF1 because you'd sometimes have several weapons in a category and stuff gets too hectic to scroll through them all.

Yeah, that's the thing I miss the most. I got used to pre-loading that key with the 2 I'd want to switch between depending on the situation. Especially back when you had to grind stalkers with the bullpup.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
So I tried joining Akumos Server: open 104.156.246.12:7777 but it tells me I need to update? But there aren't any updates available?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Forum post from Yoshiro about the Berserker.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/794107293842784935 posted:

Alas poor Berserker! I knew him, community, a perk of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. Or one might say “Out with the old, in with the new!”. It is no secret we’ve been redesigning the perk tree for the Berserker. I am pleased to announce we are now testing those new designs in game. Now keep in mind, what you are about to see is still subject to change before the content update as we will be playtesting and iterating on the design. That is why final numbers are not included here as they are very much a work in progress, and the skills themselves could go through changes.

Berserkers who have reached the first skill tier (level 5) will now have their pick of resistances. X% Sonic or X% poison resistance. Which do you feel is the greatest threat to your playstyle, Bloats or Sirens? After you’ve made your choice, fear not your hated foe!

At the next skill tier (level 10), the choice comes down to additional max health or to regain health everytime you make a kill. Is it time to wade into that clot horde or go toe to toe with the large zed menaces?

At the halfway point (level 15) you must decide if you want to be a “striker” with fast hits or being one who takes a blow to dish it back out harder in return. This means your choice is between faster attacks overall and harder hitting hard attacks or a large boost to your damage after blocking an attack.

Have you mastered the parry or do you just feel you need to hit harder so you don’t need to? At this tier (level 20) your options are between having a successful parry increase your attack speed for a time or having heavy strikes do more damage and increased knockdown potential.

So when you’ve made it to the end and Zeds fall before you if you so much think of stepping their direction with a swing of your favorite weapon. The final tier (level 25) skills are your Zed time skills. So which option will you pick? The first option will grant you (in zed time) increased attack speed, successful parries will cause enemies to be knocked down (instead of a stumble back) as well as the ability to move in real time. The second option will grant an increased stun power on head hits, increased stumble power overall and the ability to move in real time as well.

Overall we feel zerker lovers will have much to be happy about as we finalize the new skill tree. As mentioned previously we are still working on the final numbers and percentages for the initial rollout of this new tree and we will likely be making tweaks up until the release.

5a X% Sonic resistance
5b X% poison resistance

10a Additional max health
10b Regain health on kill

15a Faster attacks overall and harder hitting strong attacks
15b Large boost to your damage after blocking an attack

20a Successful parry increase your attack speed for a time
20b Heavy strikes do more damage and increased knockdown potential

25a The first option will grant you (in zed time) increased attack speed, successful parries will cause enemies to be knocked down (instead of a stumble back) as well as the ability to move in real time
25b Increased stun power on head hits, increased stumble power overall and the ability to move in real time as well

Someone that plays Berserker more than me will probably have to comment on how they feel about these changes.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I hope they don't use the words "poison" and "sonic" in place of Bloat and Siren. I'm not rolling 3d6 here.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Poison and Sonic leave them room to add other kinds of zeds

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://imgur.com/y1pWKFS

cool game

And while that perk tree is way better than the trash we have know, there's still no overall damage resistance which is the core issue, you'll be a lot stronger but still squishy.

Edit: You cut out the last part of that post.

quote:

Increased Berserker Weapon Damage
Increased Melee Attack Speed
Increased Movement Speed
Increased Damaged Resistance
Not being able to be grabbed by clots

So damage resistance IS coming, the main problem I see is removing fake out, that was the one good zerk perk, though it seems they might make it a passive which would be great.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 11, 2015

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Someone that plays Berserker more than me will probably have to comment on how they feel about these changes.

Disclaimer: All of these changes will be contingent upon how effective each skill is. If boosts are too low and/or don't change damage breakpoints, they may as well not exist. However, for now, let's assume that the boosts manage to straddle the line between "not that great" and "OP."

Alteisen posted:

Increased Berserker Weapon Damage
Increased Melee Attack Speed
Increased Movement Speed
Increased Damaged Resistance
Not being able to be grabbed by clots

So damage resistance IS coming, the main problem I see is removing fake out, that was the one good zerk perk, though it seems they might make it a passive which would be great.

I agree that it looks like Fake Out is becoming a passive, and I think that's a great move. It was one of the few (only?) skills that Berserker had that was actually noticeable. Further increasing movement speed is kind of an interesting move. I doubt it'll be a huge increase, since Berserkers were already sufficiently fast. What I would have preferred to see is movement speed become unhindered by weight and/or player health. I'm also curious about damage increases on the weapons. Like I said earlier, if breakpoints change, then everyone will notice. If breakpoints don't change, the damage increases will be largely meaningless. Everything else is also appreciated, but really can't be commented on until we have some numbers of talk about.

quote:

5a X% Sonic resistance
5b X% poison resistance

Guessing poison resistance will be the dominant choice, barring new enemies that make sonic more of a threat. As it stands, Sirens can be one-shot with a Pulverizer special attack, so it's not terribly difficult to identify one, dash in, and wreck it before it becomes an issue. You can also lop a Siren's head off with the Eviscerator, provided the blade doesn't fly off at a weird angle. Bloats, however, are more likely to survive your strongest attacks. I'm pretty sure they can be one-shot with both the Eviscerator and the Pulverizer if you get them in the head (I've done it with the Crovel, too, for that matter), but the hitbox for the head has always seemed a little weird to me. Leaving that aside, though, the real threat is the poison damage-over-time. Getting close enough to kill a Bloat without it puking all over you is possible, but let's be honest: most people probably won't manage to do that 100% of the time. I know I don't. And once you get puked on, even if you kill the Bloat immediately, the damage is still happening. If you kill the Siren, the sonic ends immediately. Being half-blind and having your health slowly tick down can become a death sentence if you're away from the team and/or surrounded by a bunch of zeds. Much more of a threat than Sonic, I think.

quote:

10a Additional max health
10b Regain health on kill

I'll be curious to see how much health you regen on a kill, but I imagine that the additional max health will be preferable. With most enemies, you shouldn't be taking much damage, and between your syringe and the team medic, you should be okay, since that's how things are right now. With increased damage resistance, that should only become more true. In situations where you're taking a lot of damage (let's be honest, basically only versus a Scrake or a Pound when you gently caress up parrying), it's not like you're going to have the chance to run off and kill a couple clots to get your regen on. Additional max health provides more room for error, especially when doing something like tanking a Scrake or Pound.

quote:

15a Faster attacks overall and harder hitting strong attacks
15b Large boost to your damage after blocking an attack

These both sound pretty good, but I'm really hoping the parry -> damage boost is as good as it sounds. If circle-strafing really does get fixed, then having someone parry Scrakes and Pounds will be important, I think. A good Berserker should be able to get a rhythm of parry -> stagger -> massive damage going, and I could definitely see it be the case where a Berserker can solo Scrakes and Pounds. It's a buff that rewards being good at a core Berserker skill, and I think that's a good thing.

Actually. Hm. I guess I misread that. I'm leaving the above in, but a damage boost after blocking an attack? Does parrying count as blocking? I would hope so. Otherwise the only benefit to the bonus would be to do something like block a clot and then use the damage bonus to wreck a Husk or Bloat.

quote:

20a Successful parry increase your attack speed for a time
20b Heavy strikes do more damage and increased knockdown potential

On the one hand, the parry -> attack speed should combo nicely with the prior parry -> damage bonus. I sometimes notice that Scrakes can counterattack off of being parried just slightly too fast to parry after using a Pulverizer special attack. The attack speed bonus could change that. On the other, if the heavy strike damage increase makes it easier to one-shot Bloats or Husks, then it could be a competitive choice. I'm uncertain about the utility of knockdown, since the goal most of the time should be to one-shot enemies, with Husks and Bloats sometimes requiring another swing or two. If you're wailing on a crowd of clots, they already get knocked around pretty badly as it stands. Consequently, the only time I'd care about knockdown is when it applies to Scrakes and Pounds, and I bet they're too big to get knocked down. Better to just parry, I think.

Since we've talked about parrying a bunch, it's worth mentioning that Tripwire said some attacks were going to become unparryable. If Scrakes and Pounds get those attacks (they're the most plausible candidates), then my analysis here could change. Parrying other enemies just isn't worth it unless you're stalling on a clot at the end of a round.

quote:

25a The first option will grant you (in zed time) increased attack speed, successful parries will cause enemies to be knocked down (instead of a stumble back) as well as the ability to move in real time
25b Increased stun power on head hits, increased stumble power overall and the ability to move in real time as well

Does anyone really find these zed time bonuses even remotely useful? Because I sure as hell don't. The idea of parrying an enemy in zed time is just hysterical to me. The only time I'd ever do it is if zed time starts as I'm already parrying a Scrake. It's not worth parrying any other enemy, and with the slowdown, the timing in parrying gets a little rough. I'm sure it's something that could be practiced, but again, how often do you actually expect to parry during zed time? Just shoot/smack things in the head. To that end, it seems like the latter zed time perk will be the preferred option, since it will provide the critical ability to move in realtime. That should give you a couple of seconds to dash around caving heads in or stumbling the poo poo out of a Scrake.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The zed time stuff is gimmicky trash, they need to re-think them entirely or outright remove them, the only way they'd be useful is if everyone could activate zed time at will.

Also I find sirens way more dangerous than bloats especially with the annoying teleporting plus if a medics healing you'll have resistance to it anyway, here's the thing though bloat res or siren res should not be a perk and I should have not to pick between them, it should be passive just like in KF1.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I like that night vision is a passive, but until it doesn't drain your batteries at a godawful rate it won't really feel like an "upgrade".

As for the Poison Vs Sonic toggle, even someone as garbage at Zerker as I am would unquestioningly consider sonic better. You can't dodge a siren scream, and you can't easily kill a siren with a 9mm. Plus, Sirens have a knack for teleporting/spawning right behind me while I'm busy constantly. The only bad part of such a choice is... well, if their overall resistance to the other ends up less than their old passives? Blah. It won't feel like an "Upgrade" if your talent choice is picking basically half of what you use to have. More so with Medic around "Haha, I have max of 75% bloat resistance. Even if your talent was +50% poison resist mine is better."

I agree that 5% overall resistance is a joke, particularly as right now Zerker is the only class that can't raise it's max health (though that seems to be changing). But I also expect there will be people who complain if they don't end up with a 20%+ global resistance or more, because some people will not be satisfied until zerker can tank a scrake by letting it hit them in the face with their chainsaw.

I totally agree the zed time talents are a letdown. The only good think about zed time perks is that they let me stop worrying about leveling when I hit level 20. I expect the 25 talents are Zed Time talents as much to ensure level cap is "A nice bonus" instead of having to come up with and balance Level cap talents that nobody would be satisfied with.

If they are avoiding active talents at level 25 to avoid having to field "I hit level cap, so I deserve no less than a x200 headshot multiplier talent!" threads, then they have my sympathy and understanding.

EDIT:vvv Best case scenario for the poison talent. If it was specifically "Poison" resistance, then you'd have Sonic for wave 1-7 and switch to poison for Hans. Good Zerkers are why my casual Commando rear end only kills crawlers or things hitting them from behind, and figure they can handle the rest of the trash near them.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 12, 2015

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I can't imagine anyone choosing the barf resistance over the scream resistance. The barfbags are way easier to kill and seem to do less damage at shorter ranges. I like that it has skills which encourage parrying but like everyone's saying, the zed time parry buff seems loving pointless, though the attack speed buff is the jewel (if you can call it that) in that option anyway. Not sure whether I'd want that over the normal movement speed and stumble power but at least it looks to make the whole berserker method of gameplay rewarding. When you can slice the heads off 3-4 clots at once with the crovel and get a bunch of health back, that's going to be awesome since medics usually have their hands full healing 360noscopekdrbro commandos who come sprinting back to the group near death with a husk or five gorefasts in tow.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I think difficulty also matters because sirens are less of a threat on Suicidal compared to Bloat poison DOT. That poison is really bad news on Suicidal/HOE and sirens still fall to shotguns pretty fast. Everyone I play with prioritizes sirens because we like grenades, so they also get focused down pretty fast too.

I think it's a good choice actually, but I would also pick poison in the event I ever played zerker :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Alteisen posted:

if everyone could activate zed time at will.

This please. Give us a zed time bar that fills up as you do kill chains etc. and let us activate zed time whenever we want with a dedicated button. That would actually make it a usable mechanic instead of a thing that happens at random and largely out of your control and then makes you stare at a slow-motion shotgun reload for 5 seconds.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Lemon Curdistan posted:

This please. Give us a zed time bar that fills up as you do kill chains etc. and let us activate zed time whenever we want with a dedicated button. That would actually make it a usable mechanic instead of a thing that happens at random and largely out of your control and then makes you stare at a slow-motion shotgun reload for 5 seconds.

If they added some sort of check to see if anybody is reloading and zed time when they're done, that would also fix that issue.

I kind of like it being totally random, though.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

How bout a system with something like that bar/meter, where you can trigger it but only with a lesser effect than if you had let it occur "naturally".

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Truecon420 posted:

How bout a system with something like that bar/meter, where you can trigger it but only with a lesser effect than if you had let it occur "naturally".

Easily abusable by a team with good coordination. Even making it so you can't extend it, having 6 people launch it one by one is potentially gamebreaking, especially with new Berserkers being able to move normally in Zed Time.

What I'm saying, is DO IT NOW.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kikas posted:

Easily abusable by a team with good coordination. Even making it so you can't extend it, having 6 people launch it one by one is potentially gamebreaking, especially with new Berserkers being able to move normally in Zed Time.

It would reward coordinating with your teammates to pop your zed time one by one and get as much out of your zed time perks as possible, so yeah.

Truecon420 posted:

I'd rather the automatic activation just be removed, is the point, but I could totally see something like the bar drains a lot fast if you activate it when it's partially filled compared to activating it when it's full.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Give the gunslinger a dive button and force Zed Time during the dives.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Zed time was always there for stylistic reasons, to randomly pop up and look cool, and that's not gonna get changed. Maybe sometimes Lady Luck will time it so you feel directly rewarded for getting a sick headshot. But if you're stuck reloading during it oh well enjoy the 200fps animation sucker.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kikas posted:

Yep, even more reason to eliminate them.

Just have level progress end at 20 and you save yourself the nightmare of having to develop a capstone skill.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Alteisen posted:

here's the thing though bloat res or siren res should not be a perk and I should have not to pick between them, it should be passive just like in KF1.

I agree. I think to solve that they could have just one at level 5 that is resistance to bloat and siren. I don't think that two choices should be a hard and fast rule depending on the what the classes need. Or they should just incorporate those resistances into the leveling up process.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

DeusExMachinima posted:

Zed time was always there for stylistic reasons, to randomly pop up and look cool, and that's not gonna get changed. Maybe sometimes Lady Luck will time it so you feel directly rewarded for getting a sick headshot. But if you're stuck reloading during it oh well enjoy the 200fps animation sucker.

You realize this makes the capstone skills look even more like a bad design decision, right? ZED time really should be something the team coordinates around, instead of a random event. Let the team build up towards ZED time, let Commandos (extend ZED time) and Gunslingers (make ZED time happen faster) assist the team with ZED time boosting skills, and make it something the team plans around. Capstone skills can then really mean something for a well coordinated team, rather than near pointless gimmicks.

The more control the players have control of elements of the game, the better it is and the more depth it has. Random elements are dumb TBQH.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
ZED was a stylistic decision but it became a mechanical consideration in KF1; a fair bit of handling Fleshpounds in Hell on Earth in KF1 was kiting them along with their trash buddies until the Commando got a ZED because that made it a huge amount easier for the Supports/Demolitions guys to dump on the Fleshpound before he got up in their business. Of course, FPs in KF2 will enrage of their own volition, so that doesn't work the same way. It matters a lot less with the inclusion of parry mechanics though, not to mention some more fleshed out stun mechanics.

Making ZED an activated thing is sort of the logical evolution of the mechanic, though I tend to agree that if they haven't at least talked about making that change at this point it's really unlikely that they will.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
They could just give it a global cooldown to prevent people chaining Zed Time

(People would start arguing a lot though "Noob! Should not have activated now!!!")

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ZZZorcerer posted:

They could just give it a global cooldown to prevent people chaining Zed Time

(People would start arguing a lot though "Noob! Should not have activated now!!!")

I've seen people complain at others not jumping off of railings to slightly hurt their health enough to armor dart them, so yeah I can imagine any form of controllable Zed Tim would be a source of much "Optimal gameplay" :spergin:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

FaustianQ posted:

You realize this makes the capstone skills look even more like a bad design decision, right?

Yes. Without a major overhaul of game mechanics, they should stop progression at level 20 imo.

Coolguye posted:

ZED was a stylistic decision but it became a mechanical consideration in KF1; a fair bit of handling Fleshpounds in Hell on Earth in KF1 was kiting them along with their trash buddies until the Commando got a ZED because that made it a huge amount easier for the Supports/Demolitions guys to dump on the Fleshpound before he got up in their business. Of course, FPs in KF2 will enrage of their own volition, so that doesn't work the same way. It matters a lot less with the inclusion of parry mechanics though, not to mention some more fleshed out stun mechanics.

Making ZED an activated thing is sort of the logical evolution of the mechanic, though I tend to agree that if they haven't at least talked about making that change at this point it's really unlikely that they will.

By FPs aggroing on their own, do you mean they'll do it randomly in KF2? Because I wasn't aware of that. In KF1 they'd always aggro if saw a player for 15secs, even if nobody messed with them.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, even if you keep breaking the sightlines, they seem to not give a poo poo and charge anyway. Its actually kind of annoying as it dumbs down how you deal with him. Instead of tactical decisions you're forced to deal with it "right loving now".

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
For zed time, even if they still want it out of player control, make it so that when you get to level 20 or 25 or whatever talent level they decide to put zed time talents at, have it also give you like a 5 second warning when one's about to trigger. That way at the very least you know when one's coming and can plan for it instead of reloading during it like a dingus.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

President Ark posted:

For zed time, even if they still want it out of player control, make it so that when you get to level 20 or 25 or whatever talent level they decide to put zed time talents at, have it also give you like a 5 second warning when one's about to trigger. That way at the very least you know when one's coming and can plan for it instead of reloading during it like a dingus.

The way ZED time is currently activated, this isn't possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Zed time as a pseudo-random and unpredictable reward for good play owns, tripwire don't change a thing

E: This game already have enough bars and gauges as is, don't go all battlefield with it