Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Avenging_Mikon posted:

"Kos, or as some say, Kosm, give us eyes. Give us eyes."

Fear the old blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Scruffy is my favorite cartoon character ever. Followed shortly by Rocko

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

From this: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/07/09/421558674/the-plane-seating-arrangement-thats-being-called-a-nightmare

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

No no no no no no I do not want to have two people staring at me for twelve hours no. Holy goddamn.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Seems efficient. You nerds don't want to pay too much to fly to comiccon, do you? You could spend the money you save on an anime gently caress pillow or something.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BgRdMchne posted:

Seems efficient. You nerds don't want to pay too much to fly to comiccon, do you? You could spend the money you save on an anime gently caress pillow or something.

But Southwest says I have to pay for two seats because of the spillage! How is that going to work?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BgRdMchne posted:

Ha ha, you think the savings would be passed along to consumers. That's cute.

Jon Zyetta
May 6, 2003
Your Bargaining Posture Is Highly Dubious

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yes. If a dog tracks down a criminal or places a criminal at the scene of a crime using their scent, then the dog has to be "sworn in" for it to be submitted as evidence. Pretty sure its a hold over from the naval law that the US practices in all its courts because of the fringe around the flag. If they are not "sworn in" then their evidence should be thrown out. Also,

:drat:

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I think a nice firm but gentle hand on your seatmate's thigh could really ease the tension

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

What's this from? Looks familiar.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

bean_shadow posted:

What's this from? Looks familiar.

Do you really want to know?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I thought airlines were supposed to be trying to help prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis, not encourage it. :psyduck:

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I love it. Sometimes plane seating design gets in the way of socializing rather than encouraging it. (If you meet somebody for coffee, would you sit on the same side of the table?) I could see that design bothering the old-fashioned and the overweight, however, so there'd have to be strict weight and age limits, along with a controlled gender ratio. Do the seats fold flat into one big, plane-length bed for overnight flights?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lawrence.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

Mescal posted:

I love it. Sometimes plane seating design gets in the way of socializing rather than encouraging it. (If you meet somebody for coffee, would you sit on the same side of the table?) I could see that design bothering the old-fashioned and the overweight, however, so there'd have to be strict weight and age limits, along with a controlled gender ratio. Do the seats fold flat into one big, plane-length bed for overnight flights?

You had me up until this point.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

One Swell Foop posted:

Submitted to a prosecutor who insisted on a written statement from EVERY officer involved

The childish scrawl is a beautiful touch :allears:.

I can never not laugh at this. Greg is hosed.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That's not funny. That's a terrifying future.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pick posted:

That's not funny. That's a terrifying future.

Didn't someone patent all that just so it couldn't actually be used?

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'

so dominos laid a patent on (652) boxes, (664) sony, and (660) sports scores.

the business world is funny sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITL4NqOKmzk

Lotron has a new favorite as of 06:02 on Jul 10, 2015

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study

Ah yes, I remember the day I got my first Bridal Training dress & Bridal Bat. You can only actually use the bat after marriage, before you have to just carry it around to get used to the feel/weight of it and resist the temptation. I don't know how the Bridal Bat Elders know when you sneak a pinch hit with it before marriage, but they know.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Part of Everything posted:

Ah yes, I remember the day I got my first Bridal Training dress & Bridal Bat. You can only actually use the bat after marriage, before you have to just carry it around to get used to the feel/weight of it and resist the temptation. I don't know how the Bridal Bat Elders know when you sneak a pinch hit with it before marriage, but they know.

It's probably a traditional catholic confirmation dress. Canada is 38% catholic.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

captainOrbital posted:

They make bibles specifically without the book of Leviticus so that dogs can put their paws on the cover without violating.

What a niche industry.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

I just want to know how the person in the window seat is supposed to get out.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Fly with United while strange men caress you thighs!

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Hey if you fly coach you can't really complain, you pay less than at any point in commercial aviation history so something's gotta give.

twosideddice
Jan 7, 2009

Shoehead posted:

:golfclap:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

So FYI the reason these things exist I am pretty sure is that at Microsoft if you file a patent, even if you don't think it will ever actually get accepted, you get a sweet granite cube and a bonus. This means even if you think an idea is super dumb, if it is original and might eventually be not dumb, you should definitely file a patent on it. It doesn't mean that Microsoft has the intention of ever using those patents (especially now that they have been so thoroughly mocked.)

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Aren't patents supposed to be non-trivial?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Super dumb is not the same as non trivial.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

it is not-trivial in the sense that it is unique enough that it's not something commonplace. the fact that these are super dumb means it's non-trivial

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Did nobody point out that in order to "make it your way" you need to follow their instructions?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

I remember back when Viddler was a good choice of video host for Let's Plays, they actually had these ads. They were the worst loving things ever, because the ad would actually stop and wait for you to do whatever it told you to.

And it was all health stuff aimed at middle-aged women for some reason. That might've just been the sorts of ads that signed up in Australia, though. Sometimes, targeted ads just don't quite work.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

It gets even sexier when everyone leans the chairs back

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

One might think so but thanks to the flood of applications and chronic lack of staffing and quality control in the USPTO examination department patents like this one are very much a Thing.

ed: or this one

ed2: or this one

... suffice to say the list of silly patents is endless.

Dicty Bojangles has a new favorite as of 12:05 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Shoehead posted:

Is that some sort of reference to me not being married?

• Locked thread