Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

And engineering manuals aren't worth poo poo. They give you a max bonus of 40k xp. Not worth the amount of seals they cost IMO.

Between GC provisioning turn-ins and expert deliveries, I rub up against the GC cap so much that a max bonus of 40k exp when grinding out some level 51-54 materials seems pretty good for that rather small amount of seals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

quote:

Q28. You can often see some type of airship flying around the Sea of Clouds...what is it?

A28. I think you'll find out in 3.1. For those that haven't seen this, keep an eye out!

:siren: :siren: :siren:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Finally unlocked EXDR last night, the 2 dungeons are fun, I've got my first 2 law pieces (sword and shield) too, now to actually go unlock hunts so I can upgrade I guess.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

Rei_ posted:

So Machinist, post-changes. I mostly just use Gauss Barrel if Hot Shot/Lead Shot are already up and I have Rapid Fire/Reload ready to go. Like I mostly use GB as an opener and then take it off until I have the CDs ready to use it again/maximizing Wildfire damage. Good idea, bad idea?

Like idk my opener is still being played around with because I'm not 60 but it's like Rook Turret > Hot Shot > Gauss Barrel > B4B/RS > Wildfire > Ricochet > Rapid Fire > Lead Shot > Reload > 1 2 1 3 2 1 3 2 etc > Off GCD moves and then once all my proc'd abilities are expended I take the Barrel off to reapply Hot Shot and Lead Shot without the cast time.

Just Gauss 100% of the time unless the fight is just absurd movement wise. We get enough on the move attacks that re-positioning when needed is not a big deal.

Also in that picture of the MCH guy is his Aetherbox thing dyed? How did he get his to be black to match his chest like that? :question:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ouhei posted:

Finally unlocked EXDR last night, the 2 dungeons are fun, I've got my first 2 law pieces (sword and shield) too, now to actually go unlock hunts so I can upgrade I guess.

For anyone out there still leveling between 50-60, go to the forgotten knight and start unlocking hunts. One star ranks start at 53 iirc and are worth around 150k experience and 15 seals a day right off the bat. You can unlock 2 and 3 star along the way and your weekly elite at 60. The experience from hunts is helpful in leveling.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Savage loot system announced:
-Weekly lockout per floor
-Gear drops from coffers at the end of the instance
-Tokens awarded that can be exchanged for gear, a la EX Primals

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
:ducksiren:

quote:

Q68. Would you please consider adding Vanu Vanu's dance emote?

A68. Vanu Vanu is pretty popular. Let’s get this in 3.1!

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

{/vanudance}

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

there better be a fuckin vanu dance line always in the goblet

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

looking forward to /vdancing my way out of the quarantine tubes to a dead party

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

God yes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

quote:

By the way, if you go and talk to a certain NPC in the Ixal beast tribe quest area after clearing this, their dialogue will change.

jesus christ you guys

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
"Q46. Can you tell us about the new 24-man raid?

A46. It’s still a bit too early to discuss this. We’ll be releasing some information during the Letter LIVE that takes place during the 2 year anniversary stream. There is a hint hiding in something I said earlier."

I have work, find it goons.

Daniel
Jan 30, 2004

Dignified.
It's the airship in sea of clouds.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Daniel posted:

It's the airship in sea of clouds.

FFIV raid set incoming

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

jesus christ you guys

What's he talking about?

Also, Savage Alex gear options.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Blockhouse posted:

FFIV raid set incoming

Oh my god yes. I would lose my poo poo if we get to go to the Moon. My only question is, will it be Aliens or Allegans?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Blockhouse posted:

FFIV raid set incoming

Nah it's gotta be kefka. They already have shown an emperor gesthal minion and we have the warring triad bottled up by the allagans.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Thumbtacks posted:

What's he talking about?

apparently the ixal have new dialogue after you go to azys lia

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nah it's gotta be kefka. They already have shown an emperor gesthal minion and we have the warring triad bottled up by the allagans.

yeah but he said the hint is in something he said earlier, which means that mystery airship, which looks a lot like the FFIV remake version of the Lunar Whale

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

yeah but he said the hint is in something he said earlier, which means that mystery airship, which looks a lot like the FFIV remake version of the Lunar Whale

I look forward to the futurama macros.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
Can anyone recommend what to do while leveling in the late 30s? I've hit something of a wall. Most guides I can find seem to suggest fates but I'm not always on when that is practical.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Blockhouse posted:

That's main story stuff, though. They already showed the warrior of darkness on the moon in game with ascians.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Blockhouse posted:

apparently the ixal have new dialogue after you go to azys lia

I was wondering if they'd acknowledge that we found their mythical point of origin.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

hobbesmaster posted:

I look forward to the futurama macros.

three parties of nothing but dragoons for dps

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FATES are always practical. There's also leves. Either way, go to Coerthas central highlands.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Anniversary posted:

Can anyone recommend what to do while leveling in the late 30s? I've hit something of a wall. Most guides I can find seem to suggest fates but I'm not always on when that is practical.

Do your LL roulette every day, run your highest level dungeon if you're a tank/healer, do sidequests, farm coerthas fates (people should literally always be running these). You can also do something specific from your challenge log if you just need a little bump to hit the next level.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Anniversary posted:

Depends on your job, but the best spot for fates in that range is Coerthas Central Highlands. After you hit 40 join one of the PF groups in N Than.

If you're a tank or healer, just queue for the highest dungeon you have available.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's main story stuff, though. They already showed the warrior of darkness on the moon in game with ascians.

I'm just going off of what the dude said, man

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

ApplesandOranges posted:

I want Limsa but with Raubahn as the leader instead of Merlywb.

Merlwyb earned my undying loyalty when her response to a respawning bad guy was to calmly shoot him again until the eldritch god watching it unfold got tired of it and just ate him.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

when was that again

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Leviabeetus.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KaneTW posted:

when was that again

Run up to Leviathan. It's a quest before the how souls work PowerPoint iirc.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mazed posted:

Merlwyb earned my undying loyalty when her response to a respawning bad guy was to calmly shoot him again until the eldritch god watching it unfold got tired of it and just ate him.

That was pretty metal.

Reminded me of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c67wwdKPhqM

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

I was wondering if they'd acknowledge that we found their mythical point of origin.

...what

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

He must be looking forward to find the missing Ixal quests.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Check out the clickable things in the Fractal Continuum.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Merlwyb's role in the ARM questline was great. She judges the contest by shooting the guys wearing the armor you and your rival made and seeing who collapses first..

In other news, I'm a little disappointed that the 58 MSQ exp ran out so quickly. The 57 MSQ gravy train got me 75% of the way through that level, though that also included a required dungeon run. 58's MSQ line got me 1/10th of the way to 59.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mr. Nice! posted:

For anyone out there still leveling between 50-60, go to the forgotten knight and start unlocking hunts. One star ranks start at 53 iirc and are worth around 150k experience and 15 seals a day right off the bat. You can unlock 2 and 3 star along the way and your weekly elite at 60. The experience from hunts is helpful in leveling.

Yeah, I really should have unlocked them sooner, oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ouhei posted:

Yeah, I really should have unlocked them sooner, oh well.

It'll really help your other jobs when you get into that level range. The best is when you have the same mob in all three of your hunt levels and get 3x experience for killing the same monsters.

• Locked thread