Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

but fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

LesterGroans posted:

Would look better pressed right up against your ceiling imo

:vince:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Getting some serious Bernie Wrightson vibes off these.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Vegetable posted:

I don't especially like Fury Road
:mediocre:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

:drat:

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Rooney Mara looks like she's just wandering in off set. She does not look like an intentional part of the poster at all.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm 12 and always chuckle at "Imogen Poots."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
How many more times is Hollywood going to try that League of Extraordinary Gentlemen / Van Helsing steampunk thing before they give up?

Hansel and Gretel and I, Frankenstein were complete poo poo. Stop trying to make that a genre. It's always going to suck.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm 12 and always chuckle at "Imogen Poots."

Also this.

E: her full name is Imogen Gay Poots

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 10, 2015

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

LesterGroans posted:

Someone tell me why this is funny.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

How many more times is Hollywood going to try that League of Extraordinary Gentlemen / Van Helsing steampunk thing before they give up?

At least one more, because they're trying LXG again.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So this is happening.

It's a new version of The Iron Giant, with additional footage reinserted into the film.

Jedit posted:

Someone tell me why this is funny.

Read the rest of the page in the link, and the next page.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3461865&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=793#post445613717

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 10, 2015

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters also did pretty good at the box office.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Isn't Tiger Lily supposed to be Native American?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hansel and Gretel and I, Frankenstein were complete poo poo. Stop trying to make that a genre. It's always going to suck.

This one is actually modern. He plays an immortal.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The only thing I remember about I, Frankenstein is that the Spanish title was Yo, Frankenstein, which sounds like the most amazing 80s high school comedy a la Teen Wolf.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Are they dividing them by hair color? God drat that's a lot of identically colored white people

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MY ABACUS! posted:

Isn't Tiger Lily supposed to be Native American?

If I remember right, to avoid being racist towards Native Americans the movie will make the Wonderland 'natives' into some sort of non-culturally specific tribe or something. Presumably it's going to have people from all sort of ethnicity in it if they actually want to do it right.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

So this is happening.

It's a new version of The Iron Giant, with additional footage reinserted into the film.

Someone was a fan of the good ol' Rocketeer poster.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hansel and Gretel was actually okay and not really part of that subgenre. It's more of an Army of Darkness riff than anything else, and it kinda worked for me.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Vagabundo posted:

So this is happening.

Are they reediting the ending so The Iron Giant carries Hogarth into the atomic bomb?

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

If I remember right, to avoid being racist towards Native Americans the movie will make the Wonderland 'natives' into some sort of non-culturally specific tribe or something.
The main one just happens to be white, though. Hm.

quote:

Presumably it's going to have people from all sort of ethnicity in it if they actually want to do it right.
Haha. You know they won't!

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

This is so jarring. Who approves this poo poo? It looks like someone took a bunch of random out of context pictures of the actors and just glued them on the bodies.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Based on the title, I'm assuming Final Girl is a deconstruction of horror films.

Cabin in the Woods already exists and is the most perfect version of that film.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

This is so jarring. Who approves this poo poo? It looks like someone took a bunch of random out of context pictures of the actors and just glued them on the bodies.

Wow that's a terrible job. It might have been okay if it just had the girl on it, but it looks like they added all the men in as an afterthought. The guy on the far left looks the worst, his skin tone makes him stick out more than the red dress in the center.

Based on the title, I'm assuming Final Girl is a deconstruction of horror films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec1-3Fjxy0
Judging by the trailer, I don't think it goes much further than "guys try to kill girl, girl fights back." Which was already done in You're Next, which is leagues better than this will be.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

MikeJF posted:

Someone was a fan of the good ol' Rocketeer poster.

I loved that movie as a kid. I wouldn't mind seeing it remade, but only if they bring Timothy Dalton back.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Not a Woody Allen movie?! :eyepop:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Not a Woody Allen movie?! :eyepop:
I was about to ask if it was. Jesus, it certainly looks like one.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Mr Jaunts posted:

Wow that's a terrible job. It might have been okay if it just had the girl on it, but it looks like they added all the men in as an afterthought. The guy on the far left looks the worst, his skin tone makes him stick out more than the red dress in the center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec1-3Fjxy0
Judging by the trailer, I don't think it goes much further than "guys try to kill girl, girl fights back." Which was already done in You're Next, which is leagues better than this will be.

It goes quite a bit farther But it is not a good movie either. It feels like somebody's senior project in some ways.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

dog days are over posted:

Haha. You know they won't!

Nah, they'll have tons of ethnicities: Irish, Dutch, Welsh, English, German, 4 generation Americans who are descendants of those cultures.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It goes quite a bit farther But it is not a good movie either. It feels like somebody's senior project in some ways.

How so though? It really seems more like an action thriller or something, not really a horror movie, let alone a deconstruction of anything

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mr Jaunts posted:

How so though? It really seems more like an action thriller or something, not really a horror movie, let alone a deconstruction of anything

From the trailer, I'm guessing that Abigail Breslin is playing a girl trained to take down a group of psychos who take girls on dates before hunting them for sport.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

The MSJ posted:

From the trailer, I'm guessing that Abigail Breslin is playing a girl trained to take down a group of psychos who take girls on dates before hunting them for sport.

On the nose.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's not really impressive, the trailer's pretty explicit.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I like that the title is scribbled out in what is obviously meant to look like MS paint.

I think that excessive cheapness sells it.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

dr_rat posted:

I like that the title is scribbled out in what is obviously meant to look like MS paint.

I think that excessive cheapness sells it.

Pretty

Isn't this fanart? Don't think Fox would leave the Lionsgate logo on an actual Deadpool poster.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

FoneBone posted:

Isn't this fanart? Don't think Fox would leave the Lionsgate logo on an actual Deadpool poster.

Very well could be. I grabbed it from Reddit with the caption "Ryan Reynolds just tweeted this." or something similar.

Edit:
VVVVV haha drat I didn't even notice the burrito

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The cheap photoshop burrito suggests it too.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

effectual posted:

The cheap photoshop burrito suggests it too.

Ehhh, that kinda fits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's a chimichanga ffs