Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Everything about Deadpool (not just the movie) seems like the worst, most insufferable, poo poo ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mister Chief posted:

Everything about Deadpool (not just the movie) seems like the worst, most insufferable, poo poo ever.

Like a lot of stuff it's okay until you find out about the fandom

I've only read a few books but it's pretty okay for a self aware funny book

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

There are good runs and there are bad runs. The most recent, written by Brian Posehn, has been great. The previous, written by Daniel Way, who also wrote the horrible game, was total poo poo.

The script that leaked for this movie a couple years back was much, much closer to the original run from the 90's ans what Posehn has been doing. It's a really good mix of humor and actual pathos.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Couldn't be worse than making him a zombie with lazer eyes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually, they're not lasers they're kinetic en-:goonsay:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Mister Chief posted:

Yeah, I mean people say it's the fandom but I've always gotten the same vibes and it's not because I know what Deadpool fans are like, it's more that the character has always seemed the epitome of snarky monkeycheese bullshit (chimichangas lolol!!) which is why getting the lamest snarklord from Blade III to play him was like...an obvious choice.
But hey, T.J. Miller's in it, so that's cool.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The chimichangas "joke" is entirely an invention of Daniel Way, if I'm not mistaken. My understanding is that most of the bad things about Deadpool are Way's fault.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Deadpool is an insufferable retard most of the time but the idea is you read his comic and see more "serious" Marvel people have to put up with his bullshit. Or at least that's a large part of why I enjoyed the parts I have read.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It's a chimichanga ffs

Av/post combo!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mister Chief posted:

Joe Kelly Run = Goodpool.

The film is based off that. Also, I believe Deadpool enjoyed chimichangas before Way, but he just likes the word. He was a casual Chimi fan. Than way made it into a meme.

Looking it up, it was the Cable and Deadpool run, which owned.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, seconding Joe Kelly's run as some good poo poo and also the Posehn/Duggan run. Daniel Way is seriously personally like 90% responsible for how obnoxious the pop culture version gets.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pretty cool Mondo poster. Too bad the movie was middling at best.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Just like the movie, that poster is trying to show off every character and looks sloppy.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

ThatPazuzu posted:

Just like the movie, that poster is trying to show off every character and looks sloppy.

Is there a thread consensus on the "best" website to buy movie posters from?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Arkane posted:

Pretty cool Mondo poster. Too bad the movie was middling at best.

The tiny Earth marble in the middle makes me laugh.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Moacher posted:

AllPosters is usually my personal go to.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What was the Mondo poster that had like 5 batmans in it?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Moacher posted:

I feel weird suggesting it so much, but Movie Poster Shop's selection is really good. It has a bootleggy vibe but everything I've bought from there has been great.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Allposters has a terrible search function and they rarely have super-specific genre stuff, but their prices are solid.

I pretty much exclusively buy 27 x 40 double sided, so I tend to just hemorrhage cash.

But drat if they don't look good.

Also: you'd be amazed at what you can get by leaving a business card with a theater manager and telling them you'll buy their vinyl banners/posters. Most of that stuff goes straight in the dumpster.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 11, 2015

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Why double sided?

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:
I got a lot of free posters when I worked at a theater. For either larger than average stuff like banners or standees, or really popular movies, you had to make a request with the marketing manager, but there was often a box in our break room filled with posters for random movies. Lot of them were in bad shape but plenty were mint too.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

MY ABACUS! posted:

Why double sided?

Shiny transparent vinyl. Not reprinted paper.

It's a completely bullshit authenticity thing, but I love the way it looks. Plus e-peen for "that's an original" :smug:

It's a nerd hobby. Leave me alone.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Shiny transparent vinyl. Not reprinted paper.

It's a completely bullshit authenticity thing, but I love the way it looks. Plus e-peen for "that's an original" :smug:

It's a nerd hobby. Leave me alone.

I'm with you. They're much nicer. The only ones I have though, are Wanted and The Mummy 3. :(

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 11, 2015

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

It's also a pretty good way to ensure a good quality print

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I have an "original" poster for The Visitor. I go to sleep with a giant eyeball staring at me every night. It owns.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
My Brown Bunny poster is one of my most valuable possessions
Vincent Gallo and Lars von Trier should do a movie together

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What in the gently caress?
A friend said they were doing a movie but I thought it was a joke.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Inzombiac posted:

It's being directed by David Bowie's son (the director of Moon and Source Code).

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

It apparently finished filming in March.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Goddamn, these orcs are going to look lovely if this is the best they can come up with.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Young Freud posted:

Goddamn, these orcs are going to look lovely if this is the best they can come up with.

That poster Orc looks weird but man check this out, its goddamn amazing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Young Freud posted:

In-movie:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The MSJ posted:

It apparently finished filming in March.

The live action filming was like 2 months. Most of the work is CGI.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

That poster Orc looks weird but man check this out, its goddamn amazing.

MikeJF posted:

In-movie:

Okay, I'll take my criticism back. It looks like the poster orc seems to be too human-looking in the orbital and sphenoid area that the lower face looks like it doesn't mesh right. The in-movie shots look more cohesive of a design.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Could be Thrall who is half-orc/half-human.

:goonsay:

Altho I dont think he is in this?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Even Orcs aren't immune to lovely movie poster photoshopping.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Could be Thrall who is half-orc/half-human.

:goonsay:

Altho I dont think he is in this?

No, the posters are Durotan and Lothar. (And that in-movie shot is Orgrim)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I stopped playing WoW shortly after the latest xpac came out as 10+ years on and off is a bit much. But I wont lie, I am excited to see this film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Aphrodite posted:

The live action filming was like 2 months. Most of the work is CGI.

I don't know where you are getting this, the filming was quite long, 123 days to be exact

Vintersorg posted:

I stopped playing WoW shortly after the latest xpac came out as 10+ years on and off is a bit much. But I wont lie, I am excited to see this film.

Yeah, there is something about this production that tickles me. The non-existant hype train, getting Duncan Jones on as director, the extremely long production (I know it was prolonged due to Star Wars), a solid but lowkey cast and a completely untapped IP for this medium.

Trump fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 11, 2015