Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Preechr posted:

Years ago, my sig contained a link to rpdenied. They removed the link because "the linked site contained chat logs."

Hahaha. Well lets see what happens if we keep reporting with reportable offenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Hard to believe that conversation took an entire horga'hn hunt.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
"Thanks Ash. Like the way you style your lions.​​"

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

"Thanks Ash. Like the way you style your lions.​​"

Cue Ashkirk jumping in the thread with a cat comment. "Hey, nice Tiger." That whole thread (both of them, actually) is hilarious. I'm actually surprised a mod hasn't jumped in to give it a pity close to save him from himself.

Edit: Did worffan just get himself banned from the forums? I notice his avatar has changed to the same banned avatar as the disgruntled player spamming polls.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 11, 2015

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So I'm going to try playing this again I guess I was dropped from fleet which makes sense because I haven't logged in since like the first month of new romulus my name thing is Thorin@chutche

Everything is new and confusing

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

chutche2 posted:

So I'm going to try playing this again I guess I was dropped from fleet which makes sense because I haven't logged in since like the first month of new romulus my name thing is Thorin@chutche

Everything is new and confusing

Server crashes a lot. The missions mostly got voice acting and new tutorials. Game is still poo poo confusing when you get halfway through. levels 50-60 is a grind fest. Enjoy your stay!

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Found via forums activity link:

Bluegeek officially resigned July 9th, here's his new account -> http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/profile/2670084/stobg2015

Bluegeek no more posted:

Just to answer some questions that have come up... This week I made the personal decision to resign as a community moderator. I did so for my own reasons and not because I was under any pressure to do do.

I did not create a new account to avoid a ban or to hide from anybody, I did it because Vanilla and not wanting to log in with my game account.

AFAIK, I'm still on good terms with the moderation team and plan to stay that way as a regular forum user. Thanks to everyone who supported me recently. I hope that you will also support this decision.

Also in re: worffan, apparently so. Something interesting I noticed going through the activity stuff is that avatar changes for bans are no longer listed :shrug:.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

MREBoy posted:

Found via forums activity link:

Bluegeek officially resigned July 9th, here's his new account -> http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/profile/2670084/stobg2015

Also in re: worffan, apparently so. Something interesting I noticed going through the activity stuff is that avatar changes for bans are no longer listed :shrug:.

That image was posted by cidjack. He's always been really cool with Dental, and that image is fantastic.

I was trying to find the thread/post that got him banned, but I haven't had any luck so far. It'd be interesting to see what happened, as he's usually a STO/Cryptic kiss-rear end.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Real talk: guys don't leak stuff like that to xean, he takes screenshots of it use your brains.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

Real talk: guys don't leak stuff like that to xean, he takes screenshots of it use your brains.
I'm glad he redded out the name. That's how we know for sure that it really was a dental talking to him.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I've already contacted OPSEC and the perpetrator has been located and dealt with. Let this be a lesson to any more of you who decide to leak information about the fleet.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Ya if you guys saw the wesley thing on the last page or two from what they're saying there is some kind of problem with fracturing we all need to come together on this

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Loose lips sink ships you dozy cunts

All those fake posts are finally paying off, well done all, this is hysterical and actually making me want to play again. :v:

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Korgan posted:

:eyepop:

That is wonderful in every way.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
:drat: hilarious.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Is that a loving tiger? Lol

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
You're all overlooking the best bit:

Xean browsed this thread.

I can't check the logs until Monday, but if someone wants to see how much data we were able to mine during his session that would be good.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Korgan posted:

All those fake posts are finally paying off, well done all, this is hysterical and actually making me want to play again. :v:

Oh man, I go away for a week and find that Xean left me presents :allears:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

MREBoy posted:

That's funny, I could have sworn he had 'volunteer moderator (pending)' in his sig just the other day, but no, clearly that was a mistake and he resigned rather than being told to gently caress off for being a homophobic bible-thumper that was causing more drama than anybody wanted.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Aleth posted:

That's funny, I could have sworn he had 'volunteer moderator (pending)' in his sig just the other day, but no, clearly that was a mistake and he resigned rather than being told to gently caress off for being a homophobic bible-thumper that was causing more drama than anybody wanted.

Yeah a week ago? maybe i saw him with the usual mod disclaimer thing under his name, but he had it struck through and (pending) or something.

It was really lovely of him not to just resign immediately after what he said, dragging his colleagues through all that was unprofessional.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Aleth posted:

He was put on probation by PWE. That is probably what the 'pending' was about.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

hakimashou posted:

Yeah a week ago? maybe i saw him with the usual mod disclaimer thing under his name, but he had it struck through and (pending) or something.

It was really lovely of him not to just resign immediately after what he said, dragging his colleagues through all that was unprofessional.

He had the (pending) tag for a good 3 weeks nearly.

My guess is that they probably decided this weeks back, then waited and made it look "voluntary" to stop all the loony pubs who support his type of commentary from going all torches and pitchforks spamming up the forums over "first amendment" and all their other go-to things for those topics.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Lagomorphic posted:

Fun fact: You now need to get to rank 2 to have permissions to donate to projects in Xtern1ty!

Also I like that he only bothered to include my lowest donation total in his infographic.

VVV: I'm trying to get foundry poo poo done before the new season pulls it. I've been getting kicked about hourly.

The foundry isn't being taken down for 10.5 according to Zero on twitter.

So feel free to keep going.

Also the 2D previews on the maps are going to be fixed Soon.

https://twitter.com/zeroniusrex/status/619230659517648897

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 11, 2015

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Oh excellent, I may actually get some foundry poo poo done.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Is there anyone on that can send me a fleet invite?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Goat Pillager posted:

He had the (pending) tag for a good 3 weeks nearly.

My guess is that they probably decided this weeks back, then waited and made it look "voluntary" to stop all the loony pubs who support his type of commentary from going all torches and pitchforks spamming up the forums over "first amendment" and all their other go-to things for those topics.

Speaking of pubbies with terrible opinions, the Stonewall Fleet's thread advertising their pride weekend event is going as well as expected:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1193844/sixth-annual-pride-weekend/p1

It's basically a lot of pubbies telling LGBT that apathy = equal rights. If people wanted to be treated the same, then they should blend in with the masses instead of having pride in their communities (communities = walls built between people, hampering TRUE equal rights). So back in the closet, everyone!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

DonDoodles posted:

Speaking of pubbies with terrible opinions, the Stonewall Fleet's thread advertising their pride weekend event is going as well as expected:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1193844/sixth-annual-pride-weekend/p1

It's basically a lot of pubbies telling LGBT that apathy = equal rights. If people wanted to be treated the same, then they should blend in with the masses instead of having pride in their communities (communities = walls built between people, hampering TRUE equal rights). So back in the closet, everyone!

Jesus Christ, these people...

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Korgan posted:

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

chutche2 posted:

Is there anyone on that can send me a fleet invite?
Your best bet for fleet invites is to ask in channel. There's usually someone on who can invite.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

g0del posted:

Your best bet for fleet invites is to ask in channel. There's usually someone on who can invite.

While I'm sure that's true, you have to get invited to the channel in the first place.

I've got everything set up now though, thanks guys.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Korgan posted:

I suppose we should take down that semi-public guide that's on one of our old threads telling you how to access the old ISE/KSE/Terradome for really quick dil.

Then again they'd all need to 10bux up and get archives too to see it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If cryptic takes away our EC-> lobi dabo thing on the dental SB because of xean reading this thread I'm going to literally quit the game.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Wasn't there a cryptic goon at one point or did he quit already?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Not about sto, but all goons should know that Derek smart is in the star citizen thread now.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Acer Pilot posted:

Wasn't there a cryptic goon at one point or did he quit already?

Where do you think we get all our secret info from? Check the wiki dude

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Not about sto, but all goons should know that Derek smart is in the star citizen thread now.

Holy gently caress this poo poo is momentous

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Nice. The ego has landed.

Must ask him when Battlecruiser 3000 will be made playable.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's playable now, it's just not very good :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Reading through the thread, I'm amazed how pubbies have somehow gotten dumber in my absence.

Anyway, still at work, but what are the best ways to farm dil and credits these days? Are the fleet mines still useful?

• Locked thread