Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blasmeister posted:

in theory this is a good use for it but I imagine that anyone receiving that sort of message will just think you're trying to trick them and boost up anyway

I like knowing that I tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Nut Bunnies posted:

As clunky and buggy and uncreative as the games would get, the story modes at least had some uniqueness and insanity in them that made them worth playing.

I think WWE 12 is where it got serious again and it was the worst story mode I'd ever played.

Sometimes I wish the games would stop doing the nostalgia tour, and go back to making their own storylines featuring current guys...and then I remember WWE '12. Ugh. Just...ugh.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

DoctorDelaware posted:

Sometimes I wish the games would stop doing the nostalgia tour, and go back to making their own storylines featuring current guys...and then I remember WWE '12. Ugh. Just...ugh.
Is that the one that went Sheamus -> Triple H -> CAW and featured backstage fights (which use a generic "out of ring" moveset for all characters) for like 90% of the matches?

After reading some of these posts I'm genuinely curious about what I might have missed in some of my old Smackdown games. Though I think the ones I skipped might have been where the crazy stuff really happened. '12 is the last one I got. Before that I've got '10 and then like everything up through 2007. IIRC the stuff through PS2 was relatively open-ended, and the more contained storylines (and ensuing insanity) came later?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

no talk about candice michelle using her wand to turn you into a woman, shameful

Specifically, female Kurt Angle!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Minidust posted:

Is that the one that went Sheamus -> Triple H -> CAW and featured backstage fights (which use a generic "out of ring" moveset for all characters) for like 90% of the matches?

After reading some of these posts I'm genuinely curious about what I might have missed in some of my old Smackdown games. Though I think the ones I skipped might have been where the crazy stuff really happened. '12 is the last one I got. Before that I've got '10 and then like everything up through 2007. IIRC the stuff through PS2 was relatively open-ended, and the more contained storylines (and ensuing insanity) came later?

Yes and it was a miserable experience

I skipped SVR08 because I hated 07 so much and apparently 08 was even worse. I think I rented 09 and 10 and bought 11. 06-11 is where the craziness happens

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

triple h labeled himself the outsider and his story was literally jobbing everyone out and making them look like poo poo

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

triple h labeled himself the outsider and his story was literally jobbing everyone out and making them look like poo poo

The Miz and his henchmen Ziggler and Ryder injured him too.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The "best" story mode was in the first SD vs. RAW.

It was the first time the game had voice acting, so everyone sounded like their lines were recorded in a bathroom and no one bothered to put in a decent performance. The storyline options were extremely limited compared to Here Comes the Pain, and you'd face the same wrestlers no matter which belt you were going for. THQ also made a big deal about the story mode focusing heavily on the Divas, so your character cared more about loving all of them than winning championships.

That game was seriously awful.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wasn't that also the one where they heavily promoted the new Bra and Panties match option?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I liked the HHH story mode (forget which game) where at one point he called his buddy Nash and complained about everyone beating him up in sneak attacks, and Nash basically said "what are you saying, you're the Game, you need some sense knocked into you if you're forgetting that, and in fact..."

and then the camera pans out to show Nash on the phone with him right behind him in his own locker room, "I think I'm the one that needs to knock it into you" and he spins him around and Jackknifes him

and 5 seconds later he gets up pissed that he apparently didn't notice Nash get into his locker room, call him, and engage in conversation with him 5 feet away from him at most

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

that was the only good part of wwe 12

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

This is the on that ended with him on his throne around like 5 or 6 guys right? Also which one was it that had a Cena storyline with his cold dead un-binking eyes and constantly flapping mouth..2010? I think it was in the same one as the Edge and Christian time machine...

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Nut Bunnies posted:

Wasn't that also the one where they heavily promoted the new Bra and Panties match option?
I'm pretty sure that was HCTP. In any case, Bra & Panties definitely was one of the two match types that were playable online in SD vs. RAW! :downs:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Doc Morbid posted:

I'm pretty sure that was HCTP. In any case, Bra & Panties definitely was one of the two match types that were playable online in SD vs. RAW! :downs:

That wasn't in HCTP

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

KungFu Grip posted:

That wasn't in HCTP

You might be thinking of fulfill your fantasy which was introduced in 06.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I am glad I blocked that mode out from my memory

What the gently caress is this poo poo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G_GXicciXU

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 10, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

KungFu Grip posted:

That wasn't in HCTP

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Astro7x posted:

I don't even understand the point to this. Was this a thing they were doing on TV?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Astro7x posted:

The crowd seems straight out the Impact Zone!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

1st AD posted:

I don't even understand the point to this. Was this a thing they were doing on TV?

Yes, as the Attitude era was winding down.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

my mistake. been so long since I last played it that I assumed the first Smackdown vs. Raw had that mode.

1st AD posted:

as recent as the "semi-main" cool down spot for wrestlemania 22. It was a Playboy pillow fight. Oh there was one in 2008. They were all awful.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jul 10, 2015

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Astro7x posted:

Are watching video game characters hitting low blows a fetish now?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
When your entire female roster consists of Christy Hemme, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson and an aging Sable, you don't aim high.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Golden Bee posted:

Specifically, female Kurt Angle!

Rhonda Rousey?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Jubs posted:

Yes.

Just walk away.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

pressedbunny posted:

When your entire female roster consists of Christy Hemme, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson and an aging Sable, you don't aim high.

2006 still had Lita, Trish and Micky James though...

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

LvK posted:

Yes.

Just walk away.

Everything is a fetish in the Information Age.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jubs posted:

Apparently. looks like that is that account thing.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm watching my brother play the WWE 2K15 story mode, where you do the Cena vs Punk rivalry.

He just fought the Big Show for like 7 minutes then got forced into a DQ.

Why would anyone play this, it was bad enough watching it.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

On last gen, for the last two years, I have never managed to finish a mixed gender tag match without the computer getting disqualified for hitting a diva.
Once during a universe mode cut scene, Andre the Giant attacked AJ Lee with a pipe.
Every time an Undertaker Wrestlemania match happens in Universe in 2k15 the undertaker wins the non title bout and the cut scene after it shows the undertaker as the loser and the other guy as the WWE champion.
It's actually something like a 50/50 chance as to whether the guy who jumped a wrestler in a cut scene will be the wrestler who is knocked out on the ground at the start of a match.
In universe mode, sometimes playing early tag matches on a show will result in the game seeming to freeze, it doesn't actually freeze, it just takes about ten minutes to load the next screen.
Sometimes when a match ends the guys in the ring just stop moving, the victory screen doesn't appear and you have to restart the game to get past it.
Both of those previous issues will happen again if you try to do the same match after restarting.
A good amount of moves have no sound effects including the new stone cold stunner.
Some of the moves from the path of the Warrior pack, like the new warrior splash, will freeze the game in create a move-set if you preview it.
The titles are all called wrong, and created titles are not immune to announcing fuckery.
Uploaded Create a Wrestlers will sometimes vanish from the server, but will still count as one one of your uploads, and unlike the uploads that still appear, you cant replace it, effectively lowering the amount of created items you can have up.
All of these apply to WWE 2k15 on the PS3, I'm remusclaw and i'm an addict.

Extra: There really isn't much reason to play these games anymore, I do it out of habit and the fact that I like creating wrestlers, and even that has little appeal when the game is such a mess. Next gen looks terrible for CAW and last gen hasn't updated CAW much at all in a few years, we got one new hair style a year or two back and a couple of body textures in one of the DLC's last year. The created characters look the same as they did in SVR 2011, and the in game wrestlers on last gen have never looked as good again as they did on the 360 version of SVR 2007.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 11, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Which year featured the Undertaker using Super Magic to control Finlay's brain, and Candace Michelle transforming you into a generic lady? 07? That was the best of the SVR story modes.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Which year featured the Undertaker using Super Magic to control Finlay's brain, and Candace Michelle transforming you into a generic lady? 07? That was the best of the SVR story modes.

Super Magic was 09 and could also be against Santino. Don't know the Candice Michelle one.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Do signing bonuses actually do anything in TEW? I always set them to zero because I'm a greedy rear end in a top hat

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

New update for WWE Immortals is rolling out. Two Hogans, Two Brays & a new Cena are coming soon. Plus you still have a few days to get Evolved Daniel Bryan.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

triplexpac posted:

Do signing bonuses actually do anything in TEW? I always set them to zero because I'm a greedy rear end in a top hat

They can help sway someone to sign for you; they can also be capped by your owner if you have one (or some owners are penny pinchers and don't allow them to begin with). I usually only use them when trying to sign away talent from a company.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What's the most current resource for No Mercy mods? I tried getting into it a while ago but my old computer couldn't handle it. Might give it another go now that I've got a significantly more powerful laptop.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I was messing around with these 2k15 PC arena mods, pretty cool so far:

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?2060586-BETA-Attitude-Era-and-Beyond-Arena-Conversion-v0-1

Worth it just for the main menu

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
WWE 2K15 is $25 on GreenManGaming today, and I think you can make it about $20 with a special voucher code they have.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

triplexpac posted:

I was messing around with these 2k15 PC arena mods, pretty cool so far:

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?2060586-BETA-Attitude-Era-and-Beyond-Arena-Conversion-v0-1

Worth it just for the main menu

Did they take out the Create-An-Arena mode from previous games? Most of those are just a new ring apron on an existing set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Astro7x posted:

Did they take out the Create-An-Arena mode from previous games? Most of those are just a new ring apron on an existing set.

Not only that, the only tool that works for injecting new textures into existing rings is a paid program that'll run you, I think fifteen dollars? (It was eighteen CAD). Honestly there's a lot you can do with 2K15 with a little modding knowledge and some time but I'm never going to pretend that it's not heavily limited.

There's also some really inexplicable decisions, like for some reason the texture used for the announce table during character intros is a separate file from the one used in-game.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 13, 2015