Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

CrashCat posted:

loving hell I'm sorry for bumping the thread I just wanted to share a similar game :negative:

Can't really blame you for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Trove came out today apparently. It's a free-to-play Cube World/Minecraft looking MMO thingie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKxvzIw3bgU

Still no Cube World development, of course.

EDIT: Haha, this thread updates so slowly that I forgot people had mentioned this game a few times in the past. Well, it came out of beta, so I guess that's new information.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 9, 2015

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
And so the cycle begins anew. Bumped atop a list of bookmarked threads, the Cube World fiend re-enters the collective consciousness of a select dozen unlucky souls who had only just forgotten its depths. Foolish were they to think it may yet fade into the vast oblivion for good, the monster has risen once more. "I feel like I got my money's worth," in a grunting sigh it continues, "if only Wollay had communicated better."

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 9, 2015

VextheGrey
Dec 3, 2000

"No, Sasquatch! NOOOOO!!"
Don't worry everybody, he's still working on it:

http://kotaku.com/despite-23-months-without-updates-cube-world-devs-say-1717034639

He's not only a hermit, but also a perfectionist! I personally look forward to playing the next update in 2023.

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014
Saw this thread and thought to myself "didn't I buy this game back in 2012 and never heard anything about it since?", and sure enough the OP is from 2012.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on Starbound.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
This thread will never die even though the game has.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
What is Dead May Never Die

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Still a better game than Starbound.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

VextheGrey posted:

Don't worry everybody, he's still working on it:

http://kotaku.com/despite-23-months-without-updates-cube-world-devs-say-1717034639

He's not only a hermit, but also a perfectionist! I personally look forward to playing the next update in 2023.

Funny thing, if he does update it in the next year or so, he then becomes just a marginally slower Toady

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Some day in five years I'm going to get an email about an update and wonder what cube world was.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Asimo posted:

Still a more complete game than Starbound.

Fixed

Orv
May 4, 2011
Please stop loving the corpse.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
No, because its an nice corpse and its more fun exploring around than many other voxel games and it's a shame it's dead. I'll gently caress it until it starts moving again.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
When this game updates I'm going to play it with my friends and we're going to have fun and I'm going to be a frog knight just like Chrono Trigger

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

I spoke to Wollay and he's going to post in this thread next Tuesday.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

im a girl btw posted:

I spoke to Wollay and he's going to post in this thread next Tuesday.
So did my uncle who works at Nintendo.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

JazzFlight posted:

So did my uncle who works at Nintendo.

True Fact: Non-Japanese workers cannot be hired at Nintendo unless they have a niece or nephew.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Shere posted:

And so the cycle begins anew. Bumped atop a list of bookmarked threads, the Cube World fiend re-enters the collective consciousness of a select dozen unlucky souls who had only just forgotten its depths. Foolish were they to think it may yet fade into the vast oblivion for good, the monster has risen once more. "I feel like I got my money's worth," in a grunting sigh it continues, "if only Wollay had communicated better."

beautiful. Wasn't this game also 3 dollars at some point too

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
I'm going to ask this tangentially related question while the thread's up near the surface, because discussing Cube World development is like talking about the Rapture. Everybody wants it, has an opinion, and has no idea when or if it will happen.

Anyway, why is there no Trove thread? The game is bad rear end, I've been playing it for a while now, and I'm somewhat surprised that a game so awesome, that is in the top played lists on Steam, has no thread here.

I don't really have the time to set up and maintain one at the moment.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I don't know jack poo poo about Trove but I will say that dumbfuck rednecks always saw, "oh Gawd, dem gays is getting married, we're in the End Times" but really in the Bible it says you know not the hour nor the day which seems to me to be saying that the End Times won't happen as long as some dumbfuck redneck is saying that it's about to. So if we want Cube World to come out, literally every gamer has to forget about it first. The topic has to go to the Gas Chamber and we all have to stop wondering when it will come out and when the last diehard hopeful finally deletes the Cube World icon off his desktop, Wollay will release a video of the new Cube World featuring procedurally generated NPCs and quests. It says so in the Bible.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Arsonide posted:

Anyway, why is there no Trove thread? The game is bad rear end, I've been playing it for a while now, and I'm somewhat surprised that a game so awesome, that is in the top played lists on Steam, has no thread here.
There was one for Trove but it was used even less than this thread. And also there's that SkySaga game coming up that I stupidly bumped the thread to ask about. Honestly if we combined all three plus whatever is coming into a "not-minecraft with more combat" circlejerk thread or something I still don't know if it would gain enough interest to keep the thread above water. And if we posted in the Minecraft thread it would probably just piss them off and nobody would be able to find the posts anyway.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

CrashCat posted:

There was one for Trove but it was used even less than this thread.

That was when it was a gleam in Kickstarter's eye, back in alpha when nobody knew if it would survive until release, thanks to the precedent set by similar games. (Trust me, I was in the skeptical boat.) Now it has released, from what I can tell it's got a lot more stuff in it than it did in alpha, and it's topping Steam charts.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Start a Trove thread! Go hog wild, the sky is your limit!

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
SA threads don't grow themselves, someone has to be passionate enough about the game to start one up and burn out two weeks later, never to update the OP again.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Just like Cube World!

Chernobyl Prize
Sep 22, 2006

I thought we weren't going to bump the thread until 7/23, the two year anniversary of the last update.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Happy Anniversary Cube World!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

How I feel every time I play Starbound Cube

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Chernobyl Prize posted:

Looking forward to July 23rd, I heard a rumor from a middle schooler that Wollay is going to release a big update that day.

well?

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
it's 11:11 central, make a wish for cubeworld to be real

Chernobyl Prize
Sep 22, 2006

This game will never be updated but Wollay is still claiming to be working on it: https://kotaku.com/despite-23-months-without-updates-cube-world-devs-say-1717034639

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Just like his non-existent social media presence is a lesson in why you hire PR people, that e-mail is a lesson in why management exists, to tell employees to poo poo or get off the pot.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

https://twitter.com/wol_lay/status/652912896100405248

He lives.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Deakul posted:

star

bound
cube

world

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Cube World had/has so much potential to be a really good game, its sad that its unlikely it will ever happen and even if it does, it will have been like half a decade to get there and too much bad will to overcome.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Out of all the things to tweet about, this is the thing he felt was important enough to break his silence to share. I'm sure the backlash will be amazing.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

So It Goes posted:

Cube World had/has so much potential to be a really good game, its sad that its unlikely it will ever happen and even if it does, it will have been like half a decade to get there and too much bad will to overcome.
Nah most people will have forgotten it was a thing so if it emerges again...

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

A new generation of gamers will be surprised by Cube World when the next version is released.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I like how he still has defenders on Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
I couldn't care less about dweebs who won't play a good game just because they're salty over how long it took to come out. The real issue is that at this pace, it's a tossup as to whether Cube World will see any progress before someone else has the time to make a whole other game from the ground up that scratches the Cube World itch, and does it better. Hell, Trove already almost hit the mark.

EricFate posted:

Out of all the things to tweet about, this is the thing he felt was important enough to break his silence to share. I'm sure the backlash will be amazing.

Yeah, it's extraordinary. I kind of admire the guy's dedication to doing things his own way and sticking with it, but drat, he's so completely clueless as to how everybody else sees it. :lol:

Cathair fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 11, 2015

• Locked thread