Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Oh hey, Photonic Fleet and fleet support spawn the command cruisers now on tribble.

Rip Typhoon forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Tuskin38 posted:

Oh hey, Photonic Fleet and fleet support spawn the command cruisers now on tribble.

Rip Typhoon forever.

I always kind of hoped they'd release it one day.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

No one at cryptic likes the design it seems.

The Command Cruisers kind of look like it.

Also 10.5 brief from tribble

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I liked the Jupiter. Typhoon sucks.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
If anyone wants to donate items to the Stonewall fleet's PRIDE weekend event, send your items to this guy: @nicholasjohn16

Pubbies are absolutely furious that this event is even being held without GM/Dev intervention, so that in itself should be all the incentive we need to make this year's STO Pride fest the best year YET.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I don't know anything about pubfleets, are these guys legit or are you being sarcastic?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mondian posted:

I don't know anything about pubfleets, are these guys legit or are you being sarcastic?

They are legit.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

Rip Typhoon forever.
Yeah, they replaced most of the remaining Typhoon spawns in missions and such too, didn't they? Outside of the one sitting in battle group omega, which is a map that I'm pretty sure Cryptic has forgotten even exists.

DonDoodles posted:

If anyone wants to donate items to the Stonewall fleet's PRIDE weekend event, send your items to this guy: @nicholasjohn16

Pubbies are absolutely furious that this event is even being held without GM/Dev intervention, so that in itself should be all the incentive we need to make this year's STO Pride fest the best year YET.
gently caress any pubbie who gets even slightly mad at this. :toot:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Asimo posted:

Yeah, they replaced most of the remaining Typhoon spawns in missions and such too, didn't they? Outside of the one sitting in battle group omega, which is a map that I'm pretty sure Cryptic has forgotten even exists.

gently caress any pubbie who gets even slightly mad at this. :toot:

Yeah, 99% of the NPCs have been replaced if they were from the dreadnaught group.

Any that were placed manually or what ever are not.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Seriously though I hadn't checked the thread until just now and it's like 90% internet libertarian "the solution to prejudice is for everyone to stop caring about it and pretend everything's okay (so I don't feel uncomfortable)". gently caress everyone who plays this game.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Mondian posted:

They are legit. They are a real LGBT fleet and their open invitation to join their sixth annual pride weekend has been hijacked by pubbies who hate the idea that a pro-gay community exists in their game. I attended a few of their events today, and they're pretty alright as far as pubbies go. They have another full day of stuff tomorrow, I believe.

Their event schedule: http://fleet.stonewallgaming.net/pride

quote:

Seriously though I hadn't checked the thread until just now and it's like 90% internet libertarian "the solution to prejudice is for everyone to stop caring about it and pretend everything's okay (so I don't feel uncomfortable)". gently caress everyone who plays this game.

Not only that, but if you call them out for their stupid opinions, they simply respond with "oh, you DON'T like equality/freedom? :smug:" All around horrible group of people.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I'd attend, and donate whatever of my crap they might find useful, but patching would eat a significant portion of my bandwidth for the month. Bah.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I was gonna send this guy a bunch of stuff, but looking at the schedule the melee tournament looks like the only thing left where they would really have prizes or whatever. Most of the competitive stuff already happened today

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

-Troika- posted:

It's playable now, it's just not very good :laugh:

F2P on steam. Try the sensation for yourself.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/345580/

Also he's making his own Planetside, except with more than one planet, I think.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/266620/

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
adding this to your adblock filter will prevent you from being redirected to the arc site on the sto forum and let you just use perfectworld.vanillaforums.com

|http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/js/embed_local.js

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Anoia posted:

Jesus Christ, these people...

Seriously, this is some abhorrent "why isn't there a white history month?"-level poo poo.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
FYI, Stonewall fleet were the people who brought us the official Enemies List back in the day, with denalts and suspected denalt names featured prominently. I have no idea why; I can't remember doing anything to them. As far as I know, we've never trolled an outright LGBT fleet on purpose.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
To be honest I don't remotely remember who Stonewall are.

Pretty sure I've never heard of them before the last thread page or two.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Preechr posted:

FYI, Stonewall fleet were the people who brought us the official Enemies List back in the day, with denalts and suspected denalt names featured prominently. I have no idea why; I can't remember doing anything to them. As far as I know, we've never trolled an outright LGBT fleet on purpose.

Ah, that was them? They were nice enough to me yesterday and one of them apologized to me in PMs for judging our fleet too quickly. Yeah I don't remember explicitly doing anything to their fleet in the past.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Preechr posted:

I remember this, but I don't think their fleet was anything to do with LGBT at that time. It was because some of them ran into Dentals on Drozana/got blown up repeatedly in the PvPs back in the day if memory serves.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ludicro posted:

I remember this, but I don't think their fleet was anything to do with LGBT at that time. It was because some of them ran into Dentals on Drozana/got blown up repeatedly in the PvPs back in the day if memory serves.

If the fleet was named Stonewall, they were LGBT. Stonewall's a reference.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Yeah, google "Stonewall riots."

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It's almost as if gay people can be wrong too and misunderstandings happen.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Yo I wanna playing this dumb game full of butts, is it still a massive space butt?

No offence meant Butts.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Yo I wanna playing this dumb game full of butts, is it still a massive space butt?

No offence meant Butts.

It has reached new heights in buttery. They somehow managed to make it briefly good, but then they drove that progress into the ground and began spewing previously-unheard of levels of poop.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

MikeJF posted:

If the fleet was named Stonewall, they were LGBT. Stonewall's a reference.

Or racists.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Nobody plays the game. PvP is completely dead thanks to the power creep, PvE has a lot of poo poo at end game but everybody only play the same 3 or 4 maps, goon chat is often quiet for hours at a time and with the summer event ending there won't be very many people to annoy in a convenient place. The people getting the best results barely even log on, it's all stuff that happens on the forums or here because some lunatics religiously check up on goons because of paranoia and who knows what else.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

No offence meant Butts.

I like your avatar. This shall pass.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Ludicro posted:

It was the second one. Some Stonewall guys were what started the complaining about fireworks lagging systems in ker'rat, back when then fartcelsior was still relevant.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

If they revamp the DS9 missions, I hope they have a Mirror Universe mission where you face the mirror version of yourself. We know they can clone us on NPCs with different outfits, we saw it with the Delta Recruit stuff.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 12, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tuskin38 posted:

If they revamp the DS9 missions, I hope they have a Mirror Universe mission where you face the mirror version of yourself. We know they can clone us on NPCs with different outfits, we saw it with the Delta Recruit stuff.

This would be the perfect time to introduce Skants.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Tuskin38 posted:

what if my orion slavegirl is the mirror version of herself already

That's not my canon.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Anyone else watching this one pubbie completely melt down on the forums over the pride event? Think he has about 12 or so spam threads up in General Discussion.

EDIT:

Caught this private message from Xean to Askray whilst perusing recent forum activity. Looks like someone got in trouble in his own fleet thread.

quote:

@askray, I appreciate the words of advice you have given and have tried to talk to you about problems with these individuals before. I try to uphold the rules, I WANT to abide by the rules, but what do you expect me to do when they are openly breaking the rules, harassing us on a daily basis in game and trolling us in the forums? I did not sign up for STO for bullying or to be bullied, so what do you expect me to do when they are pushing people around then telling everybody that they are "Pillars of the community with devs in their pockets"? I like my account to remain nice and clean. Whenever you ask me not to do something, I am glad to comply without you telling me twice. But for goodness sake's, uphold the rules on those whose habit it is to make a mockery of them. Do something about trolls stalking my threads, or is it only my behavior which breaks the rules because I speak out against rule-breaking behavior in the first place?

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 12, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Xean called us pillars of the community. Cultural victory!

Also that meltdown is pretty awesome. The pubbie in question is lashing out at anyone and everyone because man love is scary or something.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 12, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

Anyone else watching this one pubbie completely melt down on the forums over the pride event? Think he has about 12 or so spam threads up in General Discussion.
Impotent rage is the most hilarious thing. :allears:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

DancingShade posted:

This would be the perfect time to introduce Skants.

Skants, you say?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

DancingShade posted:

Hey Xean called us pillars of the community. Cultural victory!

Also that meltdown is pretty awesome. The pubbie in question is lashing out at anyone and everyone because man love is scary or something.

That quote needs to go into some sort of promo banner/video asap.

Also holy poo poo that God Hates Space Fags spammer is.......something. Once again, the only thing more broken than the game are the people that play it.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

GoatSeeGuy posted:

That quote needs to go into some sort of promo banner/video asap.

Also holy poo poo that God Hates Space Fags spammer is.......something. Once again, the only thing more broken than the game are the people that play it.

Virusdancer is in the thread telling people that the "no posting of private information" clause in TOS includes gay people. People shouldn't openly refer to themselves as LGBT because that's private information.

Never mind that the clause clearly refers to doxxing, not one's preference or lifestyle, if we can twist the TOS to keep gays off STO - despite the mod team all being outspoken members of the LGBT community - so be it.

Wasn't virus banned temporarily for freaking out about the lesbian Klingons and bluegeek's probation? Glad he learned his lesson.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Please link to these threads. I may not play anymore but it will give me something to read while working overtime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Wow, xeans only friend is Ashkrik, literally the worst pubbie on the whole sto forum.

He's been reduced to being with the furries.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 13, 2015

• Locked thread