Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ArtVandelay posted:

Am I supposed to have heard of the Dan Band? Because I have never heard of the Dan Band.

They are the "sing 80s songs and interject the word " loving"" gimmick that were in like 2 movies a decade ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Man, this episode goes places

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sorry guy who changed their username but I'm already sick of hey nong man

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Help Im Alive posted:

bombasstic 64 points 1 day ago
Which CBB joke(s) do you wish people would stop saying to you?

SAukerman[S] 231 points 1 day ago
none - i wish the people who get mad at the people who say the jokes would chill!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Help Im Alive posted:

Meh, nothing's nong with me, cool as a cucumber over here.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Gabrus and Gemberling are two rotund gents that make me chuckle.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Yeah when I saw gemberling and gabrus on this episode I was very happy.

Quim.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Hilarious ep. Made me snort in public!

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

a worthy uhh posted:

bombasstic 64 points 1 day ago
Which CBB joke(s) do you wish people would stop saying to you?

SAukerman[S] 231 points 1 day ago
none - i wish the people who get mad at the people who say the jokes would chill!

He also said there was going to be a Heynong man shirt AND an "All joking a salad" shirt.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

anotherone posted:

"All joking a salad" shirt.

Fantastic.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I don't even remember where all joking a salad came from. Anyone want to enlighten me? I'm guessing it was a manzoukas thing.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It was from Solo Bolo 2. Either Ben or Scott tried to say 'all joking aside' and mangled it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Gabrus describing his son, then Scott and Geno repeating those exact details to him, absolutely killed me.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I really enjoyed only being able to listen to the first 14 seconds of each song. I think I laughed harder at that than anything else.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The Human Cow posted:

I really enjoyed only being able to listen to the first 14 seconds of each song. I think I laughed harder at that than anything else.
What was the song we're supposed to buy? I wanna give it the CBB bump.

I don't use itunes though.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

Am I supposed to have heard of the Dan Band? Because I have never heard of the Dan Band.

You don't remember them as the house band from the 2009 Spike Guy's Choice Awards? Ok buddy. Whatever you say.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The "very thirsty voice" is an annoying gimmick, but the rest of the ep was so good it completely made up for it.

"I'll have it to you by Wednesday."
"Good, try by early Tuesday."
"Wednesday Adams."

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I thought the joke was that he's rabid or something before I got that he's just incredibly thirsty. I think John Gemberling is hilarious but I wasn't sold on him this ep. I do love John Gabrus though.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

ManoliIsFat posted:

my freaking store was sold out! his deadpool had a good webhead reference

Does he ask him to Turn Off The Dark?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Haven't listened to Monday's ep yet but jumped straight to the newest one because I always love me some Gabrus.

Gemberling can be pretty great, but he was bit too dry in this one.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

VagueRant posted:

Gemberling can be pretty great, but he was bit too dry in this one.
Hey-o!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Gemberling rules. "They're weird but they're white" made me lol.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
lol and off course there's an actual dj named tanner

https://soundcloud.com/dj-tanner-1

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
I wish they'd find a way to get Gabrus on the show more even as himself. Just one of the funniest dudes around.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Thoogsby posted:

I wish they'd find a way to get Gabrus on the show more even as himself. Just one of the funniest dudes around.

"Tanner. DJ Tannin is a sommalier." :D

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Thoogsby posted:

I don't think Gino is the kind of character that keeps Gabrus from being himself.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Drunkboxer posted:

I don't think Gino is the kind of character that keeps Gabrus from being himself.

Both are incredibly thin, for a start.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

From what I have heard of Jon Gabrus on podcasts where he isn't playing Gino, the differences between himself and the character end at the weight and the internship.

I don't know enough about Jon Gabrus' family situation to comment on the stuff with his step dad and his uncles who are actually adopted brothers.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Thoogsby posted:

According to his Twitter he's apparently getting his own podcast very soon! God I have too many podcasts to listen to :negative:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Gabrus is a big fat party animal. Its great.

Gemberling is so loving funny. I don't get how anyone can not like him. he's a loving funny teddy bear of a guy who says some of the funniest poo poo imaginable. Him describing his son...jesus.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

There is no shortage of Scott saying the dumbest things imaginable this episode, so for those of us who enjoy that sort of thing, uh, hooray for us I guess. He came close to annoying even me, though.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

UP AND ADAM posted:

Gemberling rules. "They're weird but they're white" made me lol.

It was an incredible moment.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Tig and Scott have pretty some pretty amazing comedic chemistry.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
This is the first time I got Tig's style and now she's hilarious.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The opening segment was really good from all three and then the two characters were both big misses.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I love how "Big To-back-up" made him crack up.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Mr. Squishy posted:

The opening segment was really good from all three and then the two characters were both big misses.

I thought both characs worked pretty well. Also, Scott was loving nailing it in this ep.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah this is a MVP performance from Scott. His relentless focus on getting the beat by beat details of the proposal just so he could add really stupid commentary to it was amazing

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Scott making Tig rank her recent woes from worst to best was pretty amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He kept asking what C Dif. was until he could think of a joke about it.