Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Goku eats more in a single sitting than most do in a month, he's stupid as hell and sometimes forgets his own strength. If you don't have to cook for him, explain things to him and hope you don't get patted on the back through the building and into a tree, I'm thinking that's a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
A new Dragon Balls series and a new Buttlord GT Comic? Truly we are blessed.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Is the original Buttlord even online anymore?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Here you go!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Still hilarious, even after... 13 years?! poo poo.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
New Super episode summary (from my total lack of understanding of Japanese):

• Vegeta moped through his family vacation until he got pissed and went off to train. There were a couple funny moments, and just seeing Vegeta trying to normal family stuff is great. He's clearly been slacking though, he started training in 150x gravity and that made him get winded.
  • Goku is pretty much loving up King Kai's planet constantly from the first moment he gets there. Continues to do so as he trains. It looks like Goku's training plan is to drag a shitton of weights around the planet.
  • Beerus fights aliens and then blows up their planet, gets a vision of the Super Saiyan god and then fucks off into space with Whis.

Not super eventful, but they're building up to the BOG stuff. Next episode looks like the start of Bulma's birthday party.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

greatBigJerk posted:

New Super episode summary (from my total lack of understanding of Japanese):

The four eyed aliens having their own super equivellant was great, but really Vegeta and his family was the best part of the episode by far.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

I keep forgetting that Super is happening right now and every time I remember I get excited again.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Fuego Fish posted:

Hold onto your asses, rear end-holders, because DBM has some competition now.

Yessss. My hands are out of my pockets and holding onto my rear end.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Kevin really let himself go.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Buttlord is like Ed, Edd, and Eddy DBZ.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beef: omfg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 13, 2015

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurain posted:

http://thevideos.tv/5a33cvd2tsrz.html

Episode 2 subs. Click CC.

e: The video quality is poor though and some lines are missing so keep waiting if you want a better experience.

I just get "wrong ip"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's still working fine for me (UK) and I've tried it through a VPN and Chrome + Firefox so I'm not sure what the problem might be for you.

The video quality is actually OK. I just assumed it was in HD because it looked like it was highlighted but I was watching in 240p. I'm not smart.

Great episode though.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ahahaha, this episode happened because of Vegeta punching Trunks when training. I can't believe they called back to that. :allears:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Crosspeice posted:

Ahahaha, this episode happened because of Vegeta punching Trunks when training. I can't believe they called back to that. :allears:

Its great when they show that and it's all just the obviously old footage. Nothing redrawn or anything. :allears:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I want my new av to be vegeta lowkey enjoying his ice cream

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
...Huh, interesting. Whilst in most regards this would seem like filler, it seems like they're gonna alleviate by tossing in bits of foreshadowing here and there.

Bringing back up the idea of multiple races in the universe having transformations is actually kinda interesting. At one level, it helps expand on the idea of why the SSG matters so much to Beerus - it seems as if no other transformation of all the species he's likely faced has really fazed him. At another, it makes me wonder if Super will introduce new races with their own transformations, or perhaps add transformations to existing ones - ie, a way for the humans and the Namekian to not be completely left in the dust this time around. Y'know, whilst they're willing to toy with the concept.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I don't know why Goku even bother's going to Kai's planet to train, when Bulma's dad build a 100G machine in a week or so.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Banter and time away from the wife.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

King Kai is his friend and he likes to hang out with that monkey

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Astro Nut posted:

...Huh, interesting. Whilst in most regards this would seem like filler, it seems like they're gonna alleviate by tossing in bits of foreshadowing here and there.

Bringing back up the idea of multiple races in the universe having transformations is actually kinda interesting. At one level, it helps expand on the idea of why the SSG matters so much to Beerus - it seems as if no other transformation of all the species he's likely faced has really fazed him. At another, it makes me wonder if Super will introduce new races with their own transformations, or perhaps add transformations to existing ones - ie, a way for the humans and the Namekian to not be completely left in the dust this time around. Y'know, whilst they're willing to toy with the concept.

Showing us Vegeta and his relationship with his family sets up the Bulma moment with Beerus really well too (which will probably be much longer in this series than was in the movie). They've thought this out well, I think, it's crafted with a lot more care than GT was for sure.

But yeah if they show us more super forms for more races that would be really cool. Super Namekians are a thing I'd be very onboard with and it would be rad to see Piccolo back on par with Goku and Vegeta.

The buildup Beerus is getting in DBS reminds me a lot of Frieza's buildup in the Namek saga, looking just totally unstoppably powerful but not making a big deal about it while everyone he runs into is terrified. It's fun.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 12, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Showing us Vegeta and his relationship with his family sets up the Bulma moment with Beerus really well too (which will probably be much longer in this series than was in the movie). They've thought this out well, I think, it's crafted with a lot more care than GT was for sure.

But yeah if they show us more super forms for more races that would be really cool. Super Namekians are a thing I'd be very onboard with and it would be rad to see Piccolo back on par with Goku and Vegeta.

It also owns that Vegeta left to train when asked to come up and sing and dance and later in the movie he does that exact thing to please Beerus.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mmkay posted:

I don't know why Goku even bother's going to Kai's planet to train, when Bulma's dad build a 100G machine in a week or so.

no chance in hell would Vegeta let Goku train there

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Man, King Kai's Japanese voice actor just doesn't know how to yell even when King Kai's mouth is being drawn bigger than Goku's stomach.

(Unrelated, but thinking too much about how much Goku eats, he eats his own volume of food multiple times over. All Shonen Jump protagonists must have some kinda fusion core breaking the food down.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ak Gara posted:

Man, King Kai's Japanese voice actor just doesn't know how to yell even when King Kai's mouth is being drawn bigger than Goku's stomach.

I still prefer it to whatever the gently caress sean schemmel's been doing for the past two decades

it's such a weird disconnect in BoG to see how good everyone's gotten after dubbing this show three loving times but kai still sounds like a muppet gargling marbles

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Overall I liked the episode. At first I thought Bulma would be sad Vegeta left to train but her saying "knowing you're father, I'm surprised he lasted so long!" or something along those lines makes it seem she was hopeful, but realistic. Which was nice. :)

It's a little weird Vegeta was training so lightly. He's done way harder stuff than that before.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Ak Gara posted:

It's a little weird Vegeta was training so lightly. He's done way harder stuff than that before.
The proper way to train is not to overexert yourself and know when to rest. This is why Goku is always doing so great.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He was blowing out of his arse because he's out of practice. Goku is training well below his par too.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Kelp Plankton posted:

The buildup Beerus is getting in DBS reminds me a lot of Frieza's buildup in the Namek saga, looking just totally unstoppably powerful but not making a big deal about it while everyone he runs into is terrified. It's fun.

Maybe the Nameless Namekian was the original God Namekian, that would be neat.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I want my new av to be vegeta lowkey enjoying his ice cream

If you don't do this I might

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

I still prefer it to whatever the gently caress sean schemmel's been doing for the past two decades

it's such a weird disconnect in BoG to see how good everyone's gotten after dubbing this show three loving times but kai still sounds like a muppet gargling marbles

I hope this isn't that unpopular an opinion, but I completely adore King Kai's english voice. It just, to me at least, completely captures the character of a weird fat bug god who hangs out with a smaller bug and a monkey driving around a tiny planet all day.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
The only change they need to make to BoG is to bring back Future Trunks. I STILL BELIEVE.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

King Kai's dub voice is just top tier

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

King Kai's dub voice is just top tier

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Anyone come up with an ep 2 sub yet? The one mentioned earlier doesn't work.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think there's one up on torrent now.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

beef: Are you loving kidding me? Did you actually put a mega link here?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 13, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Testekill posted:

Maybe the Nameless Namekian was the original God Namekian, that would be neat.

Super Sonic Warriors does that doesn't it? They wish back King PIccolo and they merge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That sub group's subs are actually pretty off and badly timed.
Get DBSuper's release if you want it today or way for DragonTeam's tomorrow/soon.

http://the-moonlighters.ml/pelican/

• Locked thread