Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
"The following media may contain sensitive material" lol

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

City bid £60m, but Ayre haggled them to £49m.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Francois_Dillinger posted:

I don't think this was ever on. Looking at it, the rumour seems to have come from BBC Radio WM and there doesn't appear to be evidence of anything other than the papers repeating the same stuff about a medical.

There was an interview with Sherwood today and he said that man city were in for him.

It seems that Villa are actually more attractive than city or Liverpool!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Machinegunboyo posted:

I wouldn't put so much stock in the bundesliga striker bit, can't find anywhere he's mentioned that. He's been pretty spot on in general though so i have faith.

so it's in this thing, which is a super shady camera phone interview in a cafe

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aHGBRzU1MzgzODV8MzgwODgwODTCXHcLU6ehvXrvcF4npNOiDRNUInjglWEa0NHe20AJ3Q==

He didn't actually say anything about the Bundesliga or the position, just that it's a player that some people don't think highly of, and that it's in the 40-50m range. Sounds like Higuain.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

5 year contract at £200k per week for Sterling, its easy to understand why he wanted the move. Transfer fee + wages makes it the second most expensive transfer in Britain ever after Di Maria.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
staff removed schweinsteigers pictures from the allianz arena today, done deal imo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't Rodgers bitch about sterling not accepting 100k per week

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

euroboy posted:

5 year contract at £200k per week for Sterling, its easy to understand why he wanted the move. Transfer fee + wages makes it the second most expensive transfer in Britain ever after Di Maria.

That's a complete loving joke and I can't wait for him to bomb

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Fair play to him for getting paid, but that's Fabregas/Ozil/Silva type money, and he's not as good as them yet.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

euroboy posted:

City obviously want him to prove himself before they give him Januszaj-level money... At least this will be enough for his child support

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
RvP arrived in Turkey :stare:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Sterling deserves to get a career ending injury the second he plays a competitive match. I hope some big defender stomps on his knee repeatedly.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Weaponized Cum posted:

Sterling deserves to get a career ending injury the second he plays a competitive match. I hope some big defender stomps on his knee repeatedly.

Wrong thread.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

trem_two posted:

it's nice of him to support are troops in Iraq before visiting Istanbul imo

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

trem_two posted:

He'll get stabbed in the next 6 months, rip just rip

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Why are Turks such savages?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

pik_d posted:

Wrong thread.

https://twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/status/620295810786439168?s=09

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

jyrka posted:

Why are Turks such savages?

because unlike the English, they're still bitter about their empire

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

trem_two posted:

crucial fuckin stagedive

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I just don't buy £200k a week. He's sitting on an offer that is half that at his current club, nobody negotiates up that highly, not at 21 years old when (I'd guess) only Toure and Aguero make that much in the first team.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I think you mean

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em4wgKlZl40

Really timely advert. I guess they filmed it some time ago and recorded a new voice-over in the last couple of days. I'm getting goosebumps. :holy:

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

euroboy posted:

That is loving mental. What has Sterling ever done to command that fee and those wages, even allowing for the English player tax?

Still, fair play to Liverpool for getting that type of money for a player that had become a toxic little poo poo. No lingering over the fee for Benteke now, pay up!

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I hope Sterling never gets a game for City and is sat just to fulfill their homegrown quota, what a oval office

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hoops posted:

I just don't buy £200k a week. He's sitting on an offer that is half that at his current club, nobody negotiates up that highly, not at 21 years old when (I'd guess) only Toure and Aguero make that much in the first team.
Whenever I used to cheat on FM by giving myself shitloads of money, thats exactly the sort of offer I'd throw at just about anyone. Given that Man City pretty much operate under the same parameters in real life, I'm not surprised that people take them to task every time they negotiate a deal.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm skeptical that Sterling got 200k, but he was in the same position as Liverpool with respect to bargaining power. City's only real alternatives were going after Barkley or trying to pry away some of Arsenal's home grown players, and they were going to get gouged wherever they turned. They hosed themselves so bad. It's delicious.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
So nows the time people get skeptical about what the papers are reporting for wages?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Machinegunboyo posted:

That football agent muzzi ozcan who revealed billic to west ham, alderweireld to Tottenham and schweinsteigger to United before they happened, has updated saying talks are ongoing between Arsenal and "the signing of the season". This is suiting my fan fic needs.

I've got an arsenal shirt with müller on the back ready to go

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I've got an arsenal shirt with müller on the back ready to go

Put it in the wash then lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

kcer posted:

I hope Sterling never gets a game for City and is sat just to fulfill their homegrown quota, what a oval office

Why is he a oval office he's going to win the league at some point at least

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Now where are all the retards that said we were morons for not taking City's first bid?

Forty nine million pound. Jesus Christ.

Buy Benteke now please!

Also you laugh at us wasting it on terrible players (we will) but I can't wait to see which old as gently caress complete has been QPR buy with their share of the deal.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

serious gaylord posted:

So nows the time people get skeptical about what the papers are reporting for wages?

I heard he was on £900k a week!!

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
Honestly thought £35 mill would be the most Sterling would go for, wow, just wow. Please just bring in a capable forward now and not Aspas 2.0.

Sad to see Sterlings aspirations in life amounted to "git money, gently caress bitches (pay for babies)"

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

aellisr posted:

Sad to see Sterlings aspirations in life amounted to "git money, gently caress bitches (pay for babies)"
Playing devils advocate here, I think you can argue with this logic tbh.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Ewar Woowar posted:

Buy Benteke now please!

if liverpool spend all the cash on benteke of all players ill do some big lols

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

aellisr posted:

He's going to a better team where he may actually win stuff, and those things own, anyway.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Footballers have 10-15 years to earn their entire career income you can't really use chasing money as a criticism IMO although it's nice when you get one club men like shearer or rooney

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Footballers have 10-15 years to earn their entire career income you can't really use chasing money as a criticism IMO although it's nice when you get one club men like shearer or rooney

He'll also win stuff too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

aellisr posted:

Honestly thought £35 mill would be the most Sterling would go for, wow, just wow. Please just bring in a capable forward now and not Aspas 2.0.

Maybe if this was happening in 2010, but City win things AND pay a ton of money

• Locked thread