Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

In terms of structure and combat design xenoblade has far more in common with mmos than say FF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
What does Xenoblade have in common with Outrun? Not much. Play Outrun.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Though with Xenoblade you'll just become over-leveled if you're insane enough to try to do all the dumb fetchquests in a given area.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

What does Xenoblade have in common with Outrun? Not much. Play Outrun.

I thought playing 3D Super Hang-On after playing a bunch of 3D OutRun would be kind of a step down, and it is a bit in terms of scenery, but I've been enjoying the hell out of it. They're such similar games and yet the little differences make them feel so distinct.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Motto posted:

Though with Xenoblade you'll just become over-leveled if you're insane enough to try to do all the dumb fetchquests in a given area.

You become overleveled by breathing in Xenoblade basically. It's kind of frustrating to a degree since level variation in Xenoblade matters so drat much.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Motto posted:

You'll probably accidentally do 85% of the dumb fetch quests in a given area. Unless it's for named NPCs they turn themselves in.

Also ^ ^ ^ It's kinda fun to go from getting curbstomped by a boss to squaring off epic-style ten hours later to coming back and chaos dunking on it another ten hours later.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I will say that I liked all the dumb sidequests in Xenoblade because I ended up caring about the NPCs and all of their ridiculous personal drama. shout out to the Nopon Drug Ring. That was incredible.

Edit: Also, for Majora's Mask, rolling as Goron Link has way better control in the 3DS version.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
What exactly do I do after Dodongo's Cavern in OoT 3D? I feel like a lost child.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

James Woods Fan posted:

What exactly do I do after Dodongo's Cavern in OoT 3D? I feel like a lost child.

Zora's Domain, just follow the river in Hyrule Field. Though I would recommend two things first: going to the top of Death Mountain Crater to get the better Spin Attack and bombing the big rock outside Hyrule Castle to get Din's Fire (now that you have bombs)

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Motto posted:

The way I dealt with it was to do all the timed quests and not hand in the other until I got the levels. Pretty easy to cash in on a lot of the collection quests.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Discount Viscount posted:

I thought playing 3D Super Hang-On after playing a bunch of 3D OutRun would be kind of a step down, and it is a bit in terms of scenery, but I've been enjoying the hell out of it. They're such similar games and yet the little differences make them feel so distinct.

I was gonna pass on 3D Super Hang-On during the recent sale until I learned that M2 implemented tilt controls to mimic the original arcade machine. It's wonderful :allears:

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Fawf posted:

I was gonna pass on 3D Super Hang-On during the recent sale until I learned that M2 implemented tilt controls to mimic the original arcade machine. It's wonderful :allears:

They even did this on the Wii VC version, one of like three or four Wii VC games that got an enhancement of some sort.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Dumb question here, Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Exioce posted:

Doesn't actually matter a whole lot!!

(but the proper answer is Omega Ruby)

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Exioce posted:

I guess it depends on which Evil Team leader you want to punch in the face more.

(It is Maxie.)

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

Exioce posted:

Team Aqua >>> Team Magma

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

EndTask posted:

Team Aqua >>> Team Magma

Yeah this is why you choose Omega Ruby so that you team up with Aqua and fight Magma. sheesh

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

majormonotone posted:

Yeah this is why you choose Omega Ruby so that you team up with Aqua and fight Magma. sheesh
Yeah but then you barely interact with Aqua throughout the rest of the game, screw that noise.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Is there a good thumb stylus? I hate holding onto the stylus while I play. All I've really been able to find is something called a comfort stylus.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Invalid Validation posted:

Is there a good thumb stylus? I hate holding onto the stylus while I play. All I've really been able to find is something called a comfort stylus.

Nintendo used to sell the old DS thumb strap through their website, go check that out.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's a new Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv1RrReV7gk

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Exterior decoration, they've got me, they hooked me. That poo poo needs to be in AC proper. But I will settle for Happy Home Designer

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Exterior decoration, they've got me, they hooked me. That poo poo needs to be in AC proper. But I will settle for Happy Home Designer

Exterior customization is totally in New Leaf. It's just that it's RNG dependent like everything else, so it can take ages to get the house part you want. Also looks like Happy Home Designer has way more options and the interface is a million times better.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

ArcticZombie posted:

Where is this in the settings? I could only find calibration for the circle pad. I just downloaded Ironfall to test it out. I still got left/right inputs (only small ones this time, since it's actually analog) when moving up/down, but it was a lot better than in MH.

As an aside, when I got MH I didn't have a New 3DS, now that I do I have to keep enabling CPP in the options everytime I launch it. It there any way to get that to stick?

I'm also apparently blind because I can't find a calibration option for the C-pad. I finally splurged on the system, and at least on Monster Hunter the C-stick is just absolutely godawful; I'd like to check if it's actually supposed to be like this or if the game just has hosed up camera controls.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Dropbear posted:

I'm also apparently blind because I can't find a calibration option for the C-pad. I finally splurged on the system, and at least on Monster Hunter the C-stick is just absolutely godawful; I'd like to check if it's actually supposed to be like this or if the game just has hosed up camera controls.

The game definitely does have hosed up camera controls to begin with; it uses the C nubbin like it's a D pad. I just used lock on and only did small adjustments with the C stick.

And I have no idea where the stick calibration is, I never needed it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The C stick calibration can be found in games that support it. Not in the actual 3DS system menu. Intuitive, I know.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Silver Falcon posted:

Exterior customization is totally in New Leaf. It's just that it's RNG dependent like everything else, so it can take ages to get the house part you want. Also looks like Happy Home Designer has way more options and the interface is a million times better.
I'm talkin about the lawn gnomes and pink flamingos. Last I checked if you tried placing a prop outside your house in ACNL it's just a leaf.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Having bought a N3DSXL from a friend who had a surplus of them from various shenanigans (He's a Game Horder Collector) I was ready to get everything transferred when it turns out that a) A System Transfer cool down exists and B) I, in a fit of Parker Luck, was subject to it rendering my purchase unusable for a week.

I want to find the Tanaka who thought this acceptable and have words.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 27, 2024

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

Having bought a N3DSXL from a friend who had a surplus of them from various shenanigans (He's a Game Horder Collector) I was ready to get everything transferred when it turns out that a) A System Transfer cool down exists and B) I, in a fit of Parker Luck, was subject to it rendering my purchase unusable for a week.

I want to find the Tanaka who thought this acceptable and render his teeth nonexistent by medium of fist.

You sure are angry about video games. You are also doing something outside of what 99% of users do.

Though, things being as cumbersome as they are is just Nintendo trying to minimize/prevent game sharing or piracy or something.

But you should just chill out.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Party Meiser posted:

You sure are angry about video games. You are also doing something outside of what 99% of users do.

He doesn't seem all that angry for someone that can't enjoy things he purchased because Nintendo is bad at technology.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sire Oblivion posted:

He doesn't seem all that angry for someone that can't enjoy things he purchased because Nintendo is bad at technology.

Seriously, Nintendo not having an account system and having everything bound to specific console IDs instead is beyond idiotic in this day and age. That and the awkward way to replace the micro-SD card in N3DS systems and how slow they were to implement something even vaguely resembling somewhat usable online features in their games, makes me think the company is literally run by dinosaurs who struggle to even fathom how to work a remote for a TV or how to use a microwave oven.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm talkin about the lawn gnomes and pink flamingos. Last I checked if you tried placing a prop outside your house in ACNL it's just a leaf.

Ahhh. No, outside of Public Works you can't put decorations outside your house. Yeah, I think I need this game now.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Seriously, Nintendo not having an account system and having everything bound to specific console IDs instead is beyond idiotic in this day and age. That and the awkward way to replace the micro-SD card in N3DS systems and how slow they were to implement something even vaguely resembling somewhat usable online features in their games, makes me think the company is literally run by dinosaurs who struggle to even fathom how to work a remote for a TV or how to use a microwave oven.

Ahhhhh, the thread cycle continues

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Seriously, Nintendo not having an account system and having everything bound to specific console IDs instead is beyond idiotic in this day and age. That and the awkward way to replace the micro-SD card in N3DS systems.

They do have an account system, and it *is* archaic how they have to activate and deactivate their systems. You aren't screwed if you lose your system though.

How you gently caress up a transfer so you have to wait a week is beyond me. I suppose having anger management issues may be related.

Who cares about the memory card thing? Do you not have working wrists and want to put a new card in every day? I put a 32 gig in there day one and won't open it until I get a new one.

Go buy a Vita if you want an account system and easy to swap memory card.

majormonotone posted:

Ahhhhh, the thread cycle continues

I forgot what comes next. I know we haven't had pants chat in awhile.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Party Meiser posted:

How you gently caress up a transfer so you have to wait a week is beyond me. I suppose having anger management issues may be related.

He said it was because of the cooldown.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

He said it was because of the cooldown.

But how did he lock himself out of his stuff? Even if there's 3 3ds' involved, there's still one with his games unless he vomited mountain dew all over them in rage.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Party Meiser posted:

To clarify, my friend got his hands on it, then a Blue one that he liked better, transferred from Black to Blue (which seems to be the problem), he asked if I wanted the Black, I said yes, paid him £X + my old 3DSXL on the provision he transferred everything over and that's when the Transfer Cool-down problem became apparent.

And of course I'm angry, I paid good money to get something that's effectively useless for a week.

It's not that I have locked myself out of my stuff (Though I did delete some games I was done with to speed up the copying process, nothing I can't re-download later) it's just that the new console I bought can't be used for a week because Nintnedo's Online Acumen is substandard.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 12, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ConanThe3rd posted:

To clarify, my friend got his hands on it, then a Blue one that he liked better, transferred from Black to Blue (which seems to be the problem), he asked if I wanted the Black, I said yes, paid him £X + my old 3DSXL on the provision he transferred everything over when the Transfer Cool-down problem became apparent.

And of course I'm angry, I paid good money to get something that's effectively useless for a week.

Your system still works just fine. You can still play cartridge based games on it, and you can play your digital stuff once the system transfer cool down is over. Nothing you have is "useless".

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I buy most of my games digital (It's quicker for me to play PKMN and Animal Crossing without futzing with cartridges) so yeah, it kinda is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ConanThe3rd posted:

I buy most of my games digital (It's quicker for me to play PKMN and Animal Crossing without futzing with cartridges) so yeah, it kinda is.

Your system is still in perfect working order. You can even transfer all your digital games over to it in a few days. Any by your own admission, you have some non-digital games you can play in the meantime. (You did say most; not all). Your 3DS is not in any way useless.