Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Benne posted:

Moving one of the original AFL teams to the NFC is so loving stupid that's probably exactly what Goodell will do

What's the alternative if you have the Chargers and Raiders playing in the same building?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ross Angeles posted:

What's the alternative if you have the Chargers and Raiders playing in the same building?

Just go full Madden and make the Mexico City Bandits happen

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

Put cameras in the parking lot and start selling tickets to the fights there as well?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Put cameras in the parking lot and start selling tickets to the fights there as well?

It's just bullshit that the Raiders would get 9 home games a year

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
I would assume that the Chargers would be the one to go to the NFC since I would think their "rivalries" are lesser than the Raiders rivalries with the same AFC teams. However Mark Davis may be willing to play nice and move for some other accommodations.

For the NFC to AFC swap either team not named SF makes sense:
*Seattle was in the AFC West and would rekindle the previous rivalries. As a Seahawks fan, the old rivalries with DEN & OAK are still high in many long time fans' eyes.
*Arizona is a team with a legacy of not much to really preserve in the NFC aside from the franchise's continued existence.
*St Louis is valid to for its geographic rivalry with Kansas City. This would have only LA as the PST team which would be an unlikely option. I actually would prefer to see STL in the AFC South with Indy, & Tenn since both are "close" by.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Why even have AFC/NFC in the first place

Turn the NFL into eight divisions of four teams, divisions are made up of four teams that "make sense" together (like the AFC North becomes...Lake Erie Division or something), playoffs are the eight divisions winners and the four best #2 teams, all 12 teams seeded based on regular season record, top two records get a bye in the playoffs, nevery worry about teams moving and divisions balance and stuff, and this will never happen

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The 49ers and Rams have played in the same conference or division since 1950 in the NFL's National Conference, Western Conference, and the Coastal Division, which became the NFC West. It's a dormant rivalry but one with more history than anything involving the Seahawks or Cardinals, both of which could be sent to any division or conference.

Move the Rams to LA and keep the AFC West as is but send the Raiders to anywhere outside the Bay Area so that I can watch out of market AFC games.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Last in first out bye Seahawks. No team with highlighter green accents and carbon fiber numbers gets to pretend they have roots anywhere.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Last in first out bye Seahawks. No team with highlighter green accents and carbon fiber numbers gets to pretend they have roots anywhere.

Eh, doesn't really make a difference for the Niners. No matter who you move from the AFC, you guys still finish 4th in the division.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Move the Raiders into the NFC and Al Davis would rise up like one of the Draugers in Skyrim and Fus Do Rah Goodell off the mountain.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Eh, doesn't really make a difference for the Niners. No matter who you move from the AFC, you guys still finish 4th in the division.

Oh most definitely. We're getting a top five pick this year, which we will spend on a WR who will catch ten passes in his career, and then we're getting another top five pick next year too. I will get no joy from my football team winning football games this year. But I just might get some joy out of seeing The Worst Fans in the Nation being real buttmad.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Oh most definitely. We're getting a top five pick this year, which we will spend on a WR who will catch ten passes in his career, and then we're getting another top five pick next year too. I will get no joy from my football team winning football games this year. But I just might get some joy out of seeing The Worst Fans in the Nation being real buttmad.

What do the Yankees have to do with anything? :confused:

edit
vvvv
:hfive:

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 13, 2015

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

What do the Yankees have to do with anything? :confused:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tank44 posted:

*Seattle was in the AFC West and would rekindle the previous rivalries. As a Seahawks fan, the old rivalries with DEN & OAK are still high in many long time fans' eyes.

Maybe for Seahawks fans. If it weren't for Steve Largent, most people would think you were part of the expansion that created the Jaguars in the 90's.

Anyways, gently caress any plan that involves moving around the AFC west. The AFC West today exists exactly as the AFL West did in 1960, and it's never changed except for when they added the Seahawks for a while as a punching bag.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 13, 2015

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Volkerball posted:

Maybe for Seahawks fans. If it weren't for Steve Largent, most people would think you were part of the expansion that created the Jaguars in the 90's.

Anyways, gently caress any plan that involves moving around the AFC west. The AFC West today exists exactly as the AFL West did in 1960, and it's never changed except for when they added the Seahawks for a while as a punching bag.

Well you're not going to have 2 LA teams in the same division. One will be moving if it's the Raiders and Chargers moving. If the Rams are involved then there aren't any realignment issues.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tank44 posted:

Well you're not going to have 2 LA teams in the same division. One will be moving if it's the Raiders and Chargers moving. If the Rams are involved then there aren't any realignment issues.

Is there a rule against it? Violence would require there to be Charger fans in LA, so I don't see the issue. The old preseason 49ers/Raiders games got more heated.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I really doubt the raiders would ever wind up in the NFC but real live thunderdome twice a year would be amazing and awful. Mostly amazing since I don't actually live in CA and could chortle from afar.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

everyone should read this lovely story about that gif

http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/5/31/2995814/yankeesfans-gif-animated-yankee-enthusiasts-story

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Matty Luke posted:

YEAHHHHH BITCH MATTY FUCKIN LUKE IN THE HOUSE. MATTY LUUUUUUUKE. Huh? Oh poo poo, yeah, so me an Beanie fuckin Bam-Booz was sittin in the front row and poo poo - FUCKIN BEAN-IEEEEEEEE, ha haaaa - and I see the fuckin ball coming straight at my fuckin nuts, right? so I'm like OH poo poo SON and that fuckin jimbroni [sic] Nelson "fuckin lil bitch" Cruz comes all jumpin up in my frickin grill just all, [imitates mincing voice and mannerisms] "Enh, enh, I'm Nelson fuckin Cruz, enh." [performs "jack-off" pantomime for 20 seconds with mouth scrunched to one side]

SO ANYWAYS he's all "enh" and jumpin into the crowd and poo poo, so I fuckin punch his glove and his arm and whatever - I dunno - and I fuckin rip the fuckin ball outta the mitt and the umpire's just like "home run" and poo poo. FUCKIN HOME RUUUUHHHHNNN. And fuckin Nelson "Bitch" Cruz is all like, "Enh, he grabbed the ball, enh." But I'm just all like, "OH WELL WHY DON'T YOU CRY TO YOUR FUCKIN MOMMY SON? WHY AIN'T YOU GROW A PAIR OF FUCKIN BALLS LIKE A MAN, RATHER THAN A LITTLE GIRL WHO CAN'T CATCH A FUCKIN HOME RUN BALL YA FUCKIN SCRUB AHHHHH get outta here."

That was the fuckin best man. Too bad the fuckin Yankees had ta -[yells at friends] HEY KEEP IT THE gently caress DOWN I'M TALKIN TO THIS FUCKIN GUY HERE - too bad the Yanks had ta blow it, but what the gently caress, you know? They'll win the Series next year, or whatever. FUCKIN YANKEEEEES SON.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

You know, I was reading that and it sounded legitimate for the first couple of paragraphs.

It really is the best gif ever.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Volkerball posted:

Is there a rule against it? Violence would require there to be Charger fans in LA, so I don't see the issue. The old preseason 49ers/Raiders games got more heated.

Some quick Googling around tells me it may have something to do with the NFL bylaws. I just searched through it real quick, and the relevant part seems to be that two teams in close proximity can't be within the same conference unless both organizations agree to it. The only mention of this, on page 18, explicitly refers to both the Giants and Jets, and the 49ers and Raiders. For the latter, it does specifically say that if they were in the same conference, they can't be in the same division, but that only seems to apply to them, not other teams. Perhaps someone with more time on their hands who doesn't currently have a fever can read through it and try and make more sense of that, if there even is anything worth while in there...

There is also like a whole page in there just about the process of the home team selecting which uniform they want to wear, what the gently caress...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

You know, I was reading that and it sounded legitimate for the first couple of paragraphs.

It really is the best gif ever.

:agreed:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I would assume the real reason that they try not to have two teams from the same market in the same conference is to try to create more unique matchups with other teams. If there are two LA teams and 3/4 of all their games go against the same half of the league, that might not be as good for ratings as if they're in separate conferences and essentially any market has a pretty good chance of playing an LA team in any given year. They'd probably much rather the Jets and Giants play a NY team just about every other year rather than the Jets play each of them about every other year and the Giants play each of them every four years.

Baseball pretty much does the same thing and it's the only other sport (that matters) that has two separate conferences/leagues with their own west and east divisions, etc.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 13, 2015

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f7GH8btcok

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Darth Brooks posted:

Move the Raiders into the NFC and Al Davis would rise up like one of the Draugers in Skyrim and Fus Do Rah Goodell off the mountain.

Fair trade.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

This makes me never want to go to San Diego.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

This makes me never want to go to San Diego.

I dunno, the scenery and weather look pretty good

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

I dunno, the scenery and weather look pretty good

Hell is other people.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
"Patriots fans say, Save our Balls!"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Hell is other people.

The city is pretty big and that group are literally all the Chargers fans, so you can probably avoid them

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

When the Cascadia earthquake goes off, it would be a real shame to lose a proud football tradition in addition to the thousands of lives. Better to deal with it now. #RelocateTheSeahawks

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
I'm fully on board with bringing the Seahawks to LA. Screw the Rams/chargers/raiders

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mike- posted:

I'm fully on board with bringing the Seahawks to LA. Screw the Rams/chargers/raiders

I am not from Seattle and I really don't care if the Seahawks leave, unless they end up in LA. If they did I'd be on the Jags bandwagon faster than you can say, "HelL.A."

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mike- posted:

Didn't we go down that road once.

The Anaheim Seahawks

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
Anaheim is the worst but I still wish that would have happened

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.

Ross Angeles posted:

The Anaheim Seahawks

unironically this

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ross Angeles posted:

The Anaheim Seahawks

Anaheim Thunder

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The San Diego City Council voted 6-3 in favor of allocating 2.1 Million dollars to conducting an expedited EIR (Environmental Impact Report) on the Qualcomm Site. The Chargers have balked at this, but this is a big win for the city in the fact that now they can go to the Owners Meeting in August and say "Hey, we're doing everything in our power to get this done" and the Chargers can't really say that they've tried everything.

I really really think that no team is gonna be in LA in 2016 and the owners are gonna delay the move until 2017.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ross Angeles posted:

The San Diego City Council voted 6-3 in favor of allocating 2.1 Million dollars to conducting an expedited EIR (Environmental Impact Report) on the Qualcomm Site. The Chargers have balked at this, but this is a big win for the city in the fact that now they can go to the Owners Meeting in August and say "Hey, we're doing everything in our power to get this done" and the Chargers can't really say that they've tried everything.

I really really think that no team is gonna be in LA in 2016 and the owners are gonna delay the move until 2017.

They're gone bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Brannock posted:

The Raiders in the NFC just seems wrong. When I think "AFC" I think of teams like the Steelers and the Raiders.

The Steelers were in the NFC for 37 years, and didn't move to the AFC until after the AFL/NFL merger

• Locked thread