Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Idk who it was but to the poster who said they'd make a game similar to lifeline: the writing (dialogue) is appalling in lifeline. Make a game with dialogue that sounds authentic and I'll pay double.

Yeah, I just uninstalled it. The writing is appallingly bad. Lots of false choices and an obnoxiously extended sequence where Taylor really draws out an "oh the horror" reaction while refusing to do what you say for about 50 text bubbles.

Believe me, I don't write like that. I was mostly just inspired by the gimmick of having your choices followed in real-time. I think I'll make an engine and then perhaps some kind of story editor where you can make your own stories using a tree-style interface.

Could be a while though, wrapping up an evening class right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Disappointing game. Rated 1/5.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Xtanstic posted:

Disappointing game. Rated 1/5.

They really should go all-out and add everything that's offensive and/or weird. They accept "poo poo" but not "shitter".

The game is great, but let's not pretend that its killer feature isn't the picture at the end.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I've been playing Tower Slash for the past couple days and it's a pretty fun rhythm-esque game where you swipe in arrow directions to kills badguys as you ascend a tower. There are rotating yellow arrows that don't stop until you're close enough to swipe and red arrows you need to swipe in the opposite direction. Occasionally bosses show up with little Simon Says memory sequences. I'v e been having a ball and managed to hit 12th on the overall high score table.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
"Menses" isn't accepted either. :colbert:

Edit: in Alphabear I mean.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

New Leaf posted:

What's the game like? Are you literally playing with other human beings or are the allies computer controlled? I'm not a fan of mobile games where other human beings are playing along side me in real time..

It's an auto battle game even when you are in raids. Other people are also using auto battle, so there's no waiting for peeps to use skills and poo poo.

Game is super fun if you're into loot and Vanilaware art.

Sad there's no Goon guild for it. There's guild battles, pvp, and other fun stuff.

Norns fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 12, 2015

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

^^^ make a goon guild no ones stopping you maybe folks would join.

Im going to leave this here

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I was actually playing the game, but now I'm going back to just play offensive words

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Locke Dunnegan posted:

"Menses" isn't accepted either. :colbert:

Edit: in Alphabear I mean.

That's weird, I figured they were just using the scrabble dictionary, since that seems to be what every 'make words out of these letters' game does. :shrug:

If you've got those letters, you could always try 'semen' instead. :v:

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

BobTheJanitor posted:

That's weird, I figured they were just using the scrabble dictionary, since that seems to be what every 'make words out of these letters' game does. :shrug:

If you've got those letters, you could always try 'semen' instead. :v:

Bitch, I got "inseminate" instead. :hellyeah:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Alphabears uses a weird dictionary, because it doesn't take "June" but it does take "jun" which is only a word in Korean as far as I know. I've found that if you randomly tap on a few letters there's about a 10% chance it will tell you that it totally is a word.

Though I think the funniest word I've used so far is "scutes".

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Potsticker posted:

I've been playing Tower Slash for the past couple days and it's a pretty fun rhythm-esque game where you swipe in arrow directions to kills badguys as you ascend a tower. There are rotating yellow arrows that don't stop until you're close enough to swipe and red arrows you need to swipe in the opposite direction. Occasionally bosses show up with little Simon Says memory sequences. I'v e been having a ball and managed to hit 12th on the overall high score table.

This is surprisingly fun. The only ad I've seen was when I gave the Revive option a try. Haven't played a ton of it yet, though, just maybe 45 minutes to an hour total over my shift at work today.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

precision posted:

I've found that if you randomly tap on a few letters there's about a 10% chance it will tell you that it totally is a word.

I would say this is true of almost all digital word games.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Norns posted:

It's an auto battle game even when you are in raids. Other people are also using auto battle, so there's no waiting for peeps to use skills and poo poo.

Game is super fun if you're into loot and Vanilaware art.

Sad there's no Goon guild for it. There's guild battles, pvp, and other fun stuff.

I'm going to give this a go. Working through the tutorial. Just let me know what kind of friend code to hunt down. I'll figure it out tomorrow morning.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

precision posted:

Alphabears uses a weird dictionary, because it doesn't take "June" but it does take "jun" which is only a word in Korean as far as I know. I've found that if you randomly tap on a few letters there's about a 10% chance it will tell you that it totally is a word.

Jun is the korean equivalent of a penny, so all currencies are probably fair game. Scutes is the term for am armadillo's bony plates. #themoreyouknow

My biggest complain is that I make a nice, long, filthy word and it just keeps using "lune" or some bullshit in the picture. They really should have it cycle the words more at the end if you take a new picture, instead of just sticking the same words in different phrases.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

precision posted:

Yeah there are some really weird 2, 3 letter words that they accept but I'm not complaining :v:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Man, Alphabears is surprisingly fun... so much so that I find myself playing when I'm not even on the shitter.

Are there any other word games that are similar to it? I'm not too crazy about crossword puzzles but I dig stuff like scrabble.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I just found out that you can't replay previous chapters in Alphabears, which means that you can, apparently, miss collecting bears forever. Which kinda sucks.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Deakul posted:

Man, Alphabears is surprisingly fun... so much so that I find myself playing when I'm not even on the shitter.

Are there any other word games that are similar to it? I'm not too crazy about crossword puzzles but I dig stuff like scrabble.

Spelltower?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Onean posted:

This is surprisingly fun. The only ad I've seen was when I gave the Revive option a try. Haven't played a ton of it yet, though, just maybe 45 minutes to an hour total over my shift at work today.

I ended up buying Remove Ads because it was 2-3 dollars and I've easily gotten at least that amount of fun out of it. I'm pretty sure I never saw any ads except when using the Revive option either.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
EvoCreo, a Kickstarted monster collecting RPG that may or may not remind you of Pokemon, is out now on the Play Store.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mrkillboy posted:

EvoCreo, a Kickstarted monster collecting RPG that may or may not remind you of Pokemon, is out now on the Play Store.

Wow. I'm surprised Nintendo didn't sue.

I want to be the greatest at what I do
Like nobody before me
To catch them is my actual challenge
To evoke them is my raison d'être.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Wow. I'm surprised Nintendo didn't sue.

As soon as they find a successor for Iwata they'll take care of this.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Choice of Robot is Amazon free app of the day! Get one of the best cyoa game now! :f5:

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011
Dragon Blaze is pretty fun. It's also regionlocked you can choose what region you want to play in but you have different character on each of those so gotta look out for that I guess.
I'm currently playing on America but can't really afford to start a guild yet as that's rather expensive.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah I've been playing for about 10 days now. I could have saved enough to make a guild, but I keep blowing my cash on combines.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Blaze: Should I just use my Friendship whatever "Facebook Likes" currency on recruiting new dudes or save it for something I haven't encountered yet?

I got some freebies, one was an A-class replacement for my fighter dude, and the other was a snake-lady Mage who has independently moving egg-shaped breasts the size of watermelons..

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
If there is room in gem boys my invite code is Jade_25

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

New Leaf posted:

Dragon Blaze: Should I just use my Friendship whatever "Facebook Likes" currency on recruiting new dudes or save it for something I haven't encountered yet?

I got some freebies, one was an A-class replacement for my fighter dude, and the other was a snake-lady Mage who has independently moving egg-shaped breasts the size of watermelons..

Use your friendship points on recruiting. The heroes are almost always garbage, but they are used to enhance your better heroes.

This guide is decent for Dragon Blaze.

https://gamelytic.com/dragon-blaze-guide/

Some of their ruby advice is garbage though.

Try to avoid using rubies for inventory expansion. You start with 3 character slots and can buy a couple more with rubies. Use them for storing items.

I wouldn't use rubies on costumes either. They don't do that much and arena coins will buy them eventually.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Buy those potion slots. gently caress inventory space. I burn all my items I get right away, doesn't seem nessisary yet, and I'm pushing level 40.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Thanks for the Dragon Blaze info, I'm going to put more effort into it soon. Just kinda coasting on Auto Attack right now.

AlexJade posted:

If there is room in gem boys my invite code is Jade_25

I attempted to invite you but never tried it before now.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Does Dragon Blaze ever get more interactive? I played a few dungeons and it seems like the only thing you can do is click your starting ability every 10 seconds or so. The collect/enhance/evolve aspect seems like the same old stuff and I'd prefer a game to actually have some interesting gameplay on top of that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tagichatn posted:

Does Dragon Blaze ever get more interactive? I played a few dungeons and it seems like the only thing you can do is click your starting ability every 10 seconds or so. The collect/enhance/evolve aspect seems like the same old stuff and I'd prefer a game to actually have some interesting gameplay on top of that.

You don't even have to do that, just hit the Auto button and it clicks it for you.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FredMSloniker posted:

I just found out that you can't replay previous chapters in Alphabears, which means that you can, apparently, miss collecting bears forever. Which kinda sucks.

Source or speculation? That seems like a really stupid design flaw. My gut feeling is that you have a chance for literally any bear in the game when you play the "400 coin" battles.

e: and I thought "scutes" was funny because I thought that's how you spell the word that you would use like this: "My dog's anal glands itch, so he scutes across the carpet a lot" :v:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Speaking of Alphabear, what are the two currencies for? If they explained that, I must've missed it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hooah posted:

Speaking of Alphabear, what are the two currencies for? If they explained that, I must've missed it.

Honey just lets you play the normal games (timed and nontimed). Coins should be hoarded for the "400 coin treasure hunt" stages. Never use Coins to "wake up" bears, just do something else.

$5 for infinite honey sort of translates into $5 for infinite coins since you always get at least 5 coins per game, and sometimes get up to 40 or 50? I dunno. I just got 50 for gaining a level in Devil Bear, but then got only 5 for gaining a level with Mummy Bear :iiam:

e: oh I think you get more coins if you get a high score, so you could probably game the system by doing lovely and then doing slightly better each time

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

precision posted:

Source or speculation? That seems like a really stupid design flaw. My gut feeling is that you have a chance for literally any bear in the game when you play the "400 coin" battles.

e: and I thought "scutes" was funny because I thought that's how you spell the word that you would use like this: "My dog's anal glands itch, so he scutes across the carpet a lot" :v:

I think it warns you at some point that you can never go back so don't advance until you're ready.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Well I finished chapter 1 and moved onto chapter 2, hopefully I didn't miss too many bears.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

New Leaf posted:

I think it warns you at some point that you can never go back so don't advance until you're ready.

gently caress, I'm on Chapter 3. Is there a way to know when you've gotten all bears from a zone?

I wouldn't mind starting over, I guess. It's not like I've paid for Infinite Honey yet. (I was just about to :v: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011
I'm playing Dragon Blaze as Lordy1 if anyone wants to add me while I'm trying to farm money for a guild.