Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Leperflesh posted:

I'm psyched that there's a female blacksmith! As someone who has done some blacksmithing before, however, it instantly irritated me that (as usual) that lady seems like she's about to seriously ruin that sword for some drat reason. (Blacksmiths are never depicted working on a hot piece of steel that isn't anything yet: it's always a perfect, finished item they're about to pound the poo poo out of with a big loving hammer.)

She's just marketing. Adventurers are dumb, if they see someone hammering on a lump of metal they'll just assume the person makes horseshoes or something, so whenever there are buyers in town she has to whip out a sword and lay it on the anvil so when they walk by she can say 'Ah, just finished this, my finest work to date' instead of the truth, which is that she churned out a dozen of those as an apprentice and would like to sell them to a rube who's going to die in a hole for too much money.

quote:

That pig looks so cheerful :ohdear: Maybe the nice man is actually just going to cut up some turnips for him. Yes, I think that's what's happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

I took a $1 wave three slot if I pull out does it immediately open up again, can some one her use it if i do?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

moths posted:

Are there even $100 worth of addons at the moment? The core set isn't really worth a hundred yet. If you planned to spend that pledge on a la carte options, you're probably still waiting for something / anything to justify clicking on the $100 level. The problem right now is that both options are "hope this gets better" things that don't really justify throwing more than a hundred dollars at, but neither will get better unless people decide that they are.

You can buy individual bits of the core set, which is what I did last time, so I think my hundred bux goes quite nicely into bits and pieces without needing the whole core set which I'll never ever finish painting.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Esser-Z posted:

The Victoria stuff isn't going to be Bonesium, IIRC.

Hooray for that!

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Why are the lizard minis not available as an add-on? I really want to get them, but there's just so much stuff in the core set that doesn't interest me. I can take or leave so much of the stuff in there, but lizards.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

An Angry Bug posted:

Why are the lizard minis not available as an add-on? I really want to get them, but there's just so much stuff in the core set that doesn't interest me. I can take or leave so much of the stuff in there, but lizards.

The (cool) lizardmans also already exist as Bones, so . . . you could just go buy them.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

An Angry Bug posted:

I'm with you on that. Lizardpeople for life!

...Am I the only one who's pleased that Reaper themselves are now using the name "Bonesium" for these (as in "the weapons sprue is cast in rigid Bonesium!")?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I was definitely a bit salty about the selection so far. Heroes and NPCs are basically Reaper's bread & butter, so it makes sense why there's so many of them.

I feel like Bones really shine in the huge kits that would be prohibitively expensive in other materials, and as the rank and file of horde armies. I'd love to see more stuff like the pair of giants, plastic henge, and yetti pack - but I was surprised that there's excitement for the townspeople! But splitting up the core set as options was really cool of them.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Townspeople are the sort of thing I love Reaper for, because there aren't a lot of people who make 'random dude' miniatures for you to use. It's also nice to get them in Bones because I feel kind of dumb shelling out money for 'Fat Guy with Beer' models instead of heroes and monsters. So getting some nice interesting guys you can use to make your game (or diorama!) a little more homey is pretty great!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I'm excited for the townspeople set because I think most of those are new sculpts, and I legitimately love nonstandard race/gender figures.

Ask me about how much I've given to Stonehaven Miniatures. (It's a lot.) :shobon:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm excited for the townspeople set because I think most of those are new sculpts, and I legitimately love nonstandard race/gender figures.

Yeah, you can assume that if the pictures are 3D renders (those are) then they're new.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I also really appreciate the townsfolk, especially with stuff like the female blacksmith!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Iris of Ether posted:

I legitimately love nonstandard race/gender figures.

I don't think that blacksmith is as nonstandard as you think...

(I hadn't noticed that she's an elf, or that the footman is an half-orc. That is pretty cool.)

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I appreciate how muscly her arms appear to be, instead of the traditional waif look. Like, she could out-arm-wrestle pretty much all the female hero minis out there.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

I appreciate how muscly her arms appear to be, instead of the traditional waif look. Like, she could out-arm-wrestle pretty much all the female hero minis out there.

Many times this. I need more buff women amongst my minis.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Most of the Undead in the current stretch goal are non-human as well, which is nice.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I agree. I've sprung for the undead add on, mostly just for the skeletal minotaur.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I should grab that too. gently caress yes, skeletal minotaur.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Totally grabbing those also. How often do you see a dwarf or halfling skeleton??

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Not NEARLY often enough! I'll have some use for those!

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Someone in the Mantic thread suggested an Undead army that was risen from the aftermath of a huge Dwarf/Goblin battle, full of dwarf and goblin zombie/skeletons

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I need that were-armadillo.

I need ten of that were-armadillo.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
One of the recurrent characters in our Deadlands games is a brain in a jar, so the GM's getting a gift....

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Ugh, does the demon lady really need exposed nipples?

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

An Angry Bug posted:

I think it is nipple armor, if that helps. Which it shouldn't.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

An Angry Bug posted:

Does she need to cover her nipples?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Weird nipples aside, this expansion makes me much happier about my pledge. Those overstuffed zombie constructs!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
So they finally made an oriental dragon? Guess I'm in on this for the third time.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

:supaburn:

Now it gets interesting

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

boom boom boom posted:

Do you need us to sponsor your wank statues?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

lilljonas posted:

So they finally made an oriental dragon? Guess I'm in on this for the third time.

Do you mean the behir?

e: that said there's some kind of foo dog in the main set, which is cool

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

An Angry Bug posted:

What?

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

lilljonas posted:

Yeah it's not an oriental dragon. It's a behir as mentioned. See how many legs that thing has? It's like a non-flying centipede dragon.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Huh, so we know they've been shortening some of their stretch goals, but this time, they actually added the weapons of virtue one between where we're at and the townsfolk at 1.16mil. I had it loaded up on my phone, and it shows 1.1mil undying, and then on the other side of the door, 1.16mil townsfolk, but now on the web page, townsfolk got moved back (but kept at the same price point) with weapons of virtue added in their position on the map at a middling price point. So that's nice. People will probably bitch about the weapons one because who cares, but in that frame of reference, it's just a free add-on they tossed in. :)

e:
before:

after:

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 14, 2015

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Ravendas posted:

Yeah it's not an oriental dragon. It's a behir as mentioned. See how many legs that thing has? It's like a non-flying centipede dragon.

It is still a oriental dragon with extra legs. Prutty cool imho.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Yes.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

An Angry Bug posted:

Bonesium might be a softer material, but it isn't THAT soft!

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Tried solving ED by soaking dick in boiling water then putting it in the freezer. Results poor, please send replacement dick.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Super Waffle posted:

Someone in the Mantic thread suggested an Undead army that was risen from the aftermath of a huge Dwarf/Goblin battle, full of dwarf and goblin zombie/skeletons

That was me, I reckon it would be a drat cool army. Even better in Kings of War when you can make diorama units with mixed in terrain etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I really like the armory additions they've added so far. somewhere I picked up a set of metal reaper swords and helmets that I've used to modify a couple of my bones minis and they turned out great, having actual rigid plastic weapons and such to add variety will be great.

• Locked thread