Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

Why the gently caress hasn't whataburger expanded northward??!

Depending on exactly how north you are there is Culver's, and that's like a Whataburger with sundaes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

rydiafan posted:

Depending on exactly how north you are there is Culver's, and that's like a Whataburger with sundaes.

Their frozen custard is so good! Man I miss Milwaukee.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Things to do with your old pool noodles: https://www.mashable.com/2015/07/12/pool-noodle-diy?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

Some repeats, but some are just insanely stupid. Like the suggestion to make an "on-the-go toilet" with a pool noodle and a bucket. Or putting one on the back of your car to protect your bumper.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Neito posted:

Things to do with your old pool noodles: https://www.mashable.com/2015/07/12/pool-noodle-diy?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

Some repeats, but some are just insanely stupid. Like the suggestion to make an "on-the-go toilet" with a pool noodle and a bucket. Or putting one on the back of your car to protect your bumper.

Worth it for the beer bong and pipe-extender

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Neito posted:

Holy gently caress, you may make fun, but this is a godsend. I'm literally drowning in old pool noodles. I had to build a second shed in my back yard to store the surfeit of pool noodles. Extra pool noodles were ruining my life, but no longer.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
Finally, I was making GBS threads in buckets the wrong way this entire time

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Lamech posted:

I was making GBS threads in buckets the wrong way this entire time

New thread title?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Neito posted:

Or putting one on the back of your car to protect your bumper.

quote:

Most of Top Gear qualifies for the thread, actually.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Most of Top Gear qualifies for the thread, actually.

For those that don't watch Top Gear, that was a perfect example of a life hack. Jeremy was having trouble doing hill-starts in his lovely manual-transmission car so he decided to drag a log to roll back onto that would then prevent him from rolling back further. Everyone expected it to go wrong, but not in that particular way.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Neito posted:

Or putting one on the back of your car to protect your bumper.

Yo dawg, I heard you like bumpers, so I put a bumper on yo bumper, etc.

I love the hack for weight lifters with bony hips! Definitely gonna use that one hahaha who am I kidding I'm a goon not even my elbows are bony.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ignite Memories posted:

Why the gently caress hasn't whataburger expanded northward??!

I miss Whataburger and Braums so much.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Neito posted:

The pool noodle + crutch combo might be useful, but I feel that the confluence of having to use crutches and having a spare pool noodle is relatively rare.

Hell, I'd probably just go out and buy a pool noodle if I had to use crutches for some reason.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

HappyKitty posted:

The pool noodle + crutch combo might be useful, but I feel that the confluence of having to use crutches and having a spare pool noodle is relatively rare.

Hell, I'd probably just go out and buy a pool noodle if I had to use crutches for some reason.

I always see pool noodles at the dollar store, so yea, if I had to use crutches, I probably would get a noodle for them.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

They make pretty decent "absolutely will NOT sink" floats for crab/shrimp/crawfish traps, when you don't feel like spending way too goddamn much money on the same red-and-white floats that everybody else uses. Two bucks at the dollar store saved me about $90 for a bunch of traps.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Jo with a selfie stick?? U can take a video while you do it then

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

rydiafan posted:

Come to Texas, we have Whataburger and Culver's. :smug:

counterpoint: we have to live in Texas :sigh:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CommonShore posted:

Holy gently caress, you may make fun, but this is a godsend. I'm literally drowning in old pool noodles. I had to build a second shed in my back yard to store the surfeit of pool noodles. Extra pool noodles were ruining my life, but no longer.

But was the shed built of p’oodles?

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

walrusman posted:

They make pretty decent "absolutely will NOT sink" floats for crab/shrimp/crawfish traps, when you don't feel like spending way too goddamn much money on the same red-and-white floats that everybody else uses. Two bucks at the dollar store saved me about $90 for a bunch of traps.
Keep your actually useful advice out of this thread (I'm so stealing this idea next time I go to the coast).

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

constantinople posted:

Waste $20 of truffle oil by putting it into any brand of ketchup. Lifehack!

Ketchup with Japanese mayo is pretty good, though.

Black truffle oil is like 10 bucks for a 5oz container and is so far from what truffles really are you may as well put 2 dollars worth into a cup of ketchup

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

I think this video speaks for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUqO3tFexiQ

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My girlfriends sister posted a selfie of her having a shower Apple Ale which by itself isn't a thing. Shower beers are cool and all. But the caption was "Because Buzzfeed told me too lol"

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
poo poo, I've been meaning to have a celebratory shower beer since I graduated.

Thanks for the reminder!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It's like they WANT you to drink and drive, stupid car companies

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Because nothing says lifehack like making your kitchen look like poo poo by making your counters look like fancy stone counters...only to the legally blind.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

taiyoko posted:

Because nothing says lifehack like making your kitchen look like poo poo by making your counters look like fancy stone counters...only to the legally blind.

Do what now?

E: nm, I had a brain/reading problem

Yeah that's like kitchen equivalent of stick-on fender vents for cars

theres a will theres moe has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Jul 27, 2015

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
That's the level of painting excellence my elementary school theater group brought to its set design. "Rocks are just blobs of different colors, right?"

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Somebody out there is taking that tip seriously because it was amazing how many of those lovely painted counters I saw while house shopping.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

pulp rag posted:

poo poo, I've been meaning to have a celebratory shower beer since I graduated.

Thanks for the reminder!

That's how I celebrate going to work in the morning

just kidding I don't go to work

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

walrusman posted:

Somebody out there is taking that tip seriously because it was amazing how many of those lovely painted counters I saw while house shopping.

It feels like it started out as one of those intentionally malicious hacks like "rub a potato on the inside of your car windows to prevent them from fogging up!" except the people doing it were too crazy to ever realize that they'd hosed themselves.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
How exactly does the potato thing gently caress you up? A quick search yields nothing but people genuinely recommending the advice. Common sense says it would make the streak problem worse, or it would make the inside of your car smell like rotten spud that's been sun-ruined. Are either of those the problem, or is it something I'm not thinking of?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

taiyoko posted:

idgi?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

It's ugly as gently caress and feels really chintzy and offers none of the benefit of actual stone countertops.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Stealing content from Reddit:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Let's say you wanted great-looking teeth like the rich folks have so you swished a bunch of liquid paper around in your mouth and then covered your teeth in clear nail polish.

It's that but a counter.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Is that the reflection from the leg or is that bottle full of water, because then this goes from bad to worse.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I like that this guy was so proud of his broken chair and dirty carpet that he posted a picture on the internet.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
That countertop looks good for the first half glance then you realise that a. It's not actually got the strength of real granite, and b. It looks even less like lazy granite as much as lazy animal print/camoflage. Which is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Spergminer posted:

Is that the reflection from the leg or is that bottle full of water, because then this goes from bad to worse.

At least they had the clarity of mind to use water and not Hawaiian Punch.