Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

faxlore posted:

build a wall, leave them in, subsidize reddit as containment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
where will they move to when 8chan gets seized

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Citizen Tayne posted:

Which is worse, chasing away a guy writing bad Dexter's Laboratory fanfic or harboring a guy like G.I. Joe Dirtbag who raped someone who gave him a place to live? I'll let you decide.
i dont think it balances out in the long term, tho. instead it's one case of an actual scumbag vs hundreds of harmless people who are just weird. and my point still stands: what kind of people did the admins think SA would attract when they let ppl literally stalk each other? were they surprised when goons doxxed eggplant wizard because she wrote fetish stories for kindle?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

chaos rhames posted:

its pretty easy to do the latter, or at least not keep talking about shoddy construction from 2007

it wasn't tho, they originally banned the person he raped and also tenementfunster on grounds of 'causing drama'

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

rikers island

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

i dont think it balances out in the long term, tho. instead it's one case of an actual scumbag vs hundreds of harmless people who are just weird. and my point still stands: what kind of people did the admins think SA would attract when they let ppl literally stalk each other? were they surprised when goons doxxed eggplant wizard because she wrote fetish stories for kindle?

helldump had been closed for like 5+ years at that point

(also remember the 'final straw' for helldump was when they found out that a car forum mod was posting on a r/coontown equivalent)

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

jony ive aces posted:

sa is literally fatpeople, hate
missed a comma there

keymaster02
Mar 11, 2014

I had sex with a 32-year old at 16. SA is run by SJWs. Liking 16-year olds is not pedophilia. I hate your pronoun. I like young boys. I donate to the NAACP and probably NAMBLA too.
What killed the forums was Ozma and the mods she chose, followed closely by technical problems. I don't think helldump played a very big role, and I don't remember ever looking at it honestly.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i don't really know what helldump was. i looked at it once and it just seeming to be a bunch of gibbis called each other faggots and i don't understand how that was different from regular gbs

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
bring back lf

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

jony ive aces posted:

bring back lf

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Space-Pope posted:

thats not what he means dude and u know it. like what kind of person do u think SA would attract, if ur pretty much guaranteed to have people playing internet detective w/ u?

and then when its not like rape or w/e, and instead its some guys bad dexters lab fanfic? well at that point it becomes a bunch of seriously creepy nerds obsessing about one weird nerd. imho, i'd rather have the weirdo who makes weird things
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
oh gross this is the most recent video on that same youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAUV5FvceM4

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

Maybe. I figure you should draw the line at real life stalking or bothering people in any way. Communities of every sort die eventually though, and refusing to throw out bad elements because you're afraid doing so will destroy the community is self-defeating.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

16chan

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

but what about when that gets seized !!!!!!

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

faxlore posted:

but what about when that gets seized !!!!!!

32chan

Apr 7, 2003

drat dude, you got the joke. whoa

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
when you go past 255 chans you get stackoverflow

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
80085chan

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

but you assume they're interested in anything over 16

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i thought i adblocked this

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh right i switched browsers since then

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Vlad the Retailer posted:

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
2nChan

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

:aaaaa:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

:thurman:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

As a Millennial I posted:

i thought i adblocked this

I love this thing

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Wintering Stinkbug posted:

What killed the forums was Ozma and the mods she chose, followed closely by technical problems. I don't think helldump played a very big role, and I don't remember ever looking at it honestly.

counterpoint: the forums arent dead.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

counterpoint: fyad is dead.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mccaine will never be forgiven for killing lf

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
didn't lf get killed because they started plotting to kill Obama, like to the point of researching what rifle to use

Apr 7, 2003

Jonad posted:

didn't lf get killed because they started plotting to kill Obama, like to the point of researching what rifle to use

Superstar poster A Goddamned Red mentioned that he worked "within RPG range" of where Air Force One lands, and deafbypills reported the post to the Secret Service.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

by driving most of the people out who weren't pretend revolutionary maoists out the mods created an atmosphere where posting stuff like that was ok

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

when you go past 255 chans you get stackoverflow

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Citizen Tayne posted:

Superstar poster A Goddamned Red mentioned that he worked "within RPG range" of where Air Force One lands, and deafbypills reported the post to the Secret Service.
and not long after the secret service subpoenas the followed someone made a Groverhaus thread back (when making fun of Groverhaus was still forbidden) and a whole bunch of people got banned and LF was closed not long after

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Fabricated posted:

and not long after the secret service subpoenas the followed someone made a Groverhaus thread back (when making fun of Groverhaus was still forbidden) and a whole bunch of people got banned and LF was closed not long after

i'm pretty sure the only reason to become a mod on sa is to suppress discussion of your terrible life choices

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Jonad posted:

i'm pretty sure the only reason to become a mod on sa is to suppress discussion of your terrible life choices

in the case of aatrek the opposite is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

in the case of aatrek the opposite is true

His five year mission: To explore five year olds.

• Locked thread