Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Mondian posted:

Looooooooool RIP feds
I guess it was inevitable, but good bye to the only real bonus feds have.

Also lol at pilot seating on a cruiser.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Stumbled upon this STO pubbie twitter account and found it incredibly depressing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DJMADDEN1964/tweets

I'm guessing he is one of the STO radio Djs running around.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

Stumbled upon this STO pubbie twitter account and found it incredibly depressing.

It has to be real frustrating for people in his demographic to be using Twitter. Not being able to have a 30 page rant in one sitting must be annoying.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
I was really hoping we'd at least get a good t6 science ship out of this Krenim nonsense. But no we two get more cruisers instead.

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

DonDoodles posted:

Looks like Tonto.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I thought by "depressing" you meant "video game depressing," like "I can't beat the last mission in the Cardassian front! Will someone group with me?" and not... that.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

Sooooooo, I'm guessing he's not the dj Stonewall hired for their party?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Innerguard posted:

giving people who open the things the option of picking what stuff they get :like in weapons packs, cannons or beams.
:ughh: This is not the randomness that makes those weapons unusable. The random mods are why no one uses them. Also lol at a proc which only helps disruptors when everyone's using antiprotons.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Oh...he posted his number on his twitter.

I think he's new to the internet thing.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Innerguard posted:

New lockbox poo poo has been posted officially. Looks like they're tweaking the contents and giving people who open the things the option of picking what stuff they get : like in weapons packs, cannons or beams.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9449143-star-trek-online%3A-krenim-lockbox

No Uber Timeship?

Trendy posted an image saying "Fooled You" on reddit when someone asked about it.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 14, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Wait a few weeks for a promo with the new doff pack. :ssh:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

BombermanX posted:

Oh...he posted his number on his twitter.

I think he's new to the internet thing.

He posted his number to multiple women who never responded or acknowledged him in any way. Pretty standard pubbie tactic I'm sure, but seeing it play out off-game is terribly cringeworthy.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Asimo posted:

Wait a few weeks for a promo with the new doff pack. :ssh:

Yeah but that still leaves us with paying 450-500 million for a science ship instead of like 120.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
"Desperate" and "Resolute" are two different words, Cryptic. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9456293

Cryptic posted:

The Resolute Class Advanced Heavy Cruiser can use all costume parts from any existing Advanced Heavy Cruiser regardless if you own the Advanced Heavy Cruiser or the Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit.

At least we're finally getting a good-looking T6 cruiser :v:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Bort posted more info on the Krenim Lockbox DOFFs

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1195223/year-of-hell-lock-box-duty-officer-information

Wizard of the Deep posted:

"Desperate" and "Resolute" are two different words, Cryptic. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9456293

At least we're finally getting a good-looking T6 cruiser :v:

No sign of a updated Canon excel model. Though the model is pretty good already.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
I figured reciprocity would be coming in this update, the KDF got the shaft way back when the feds got plas leech, now it's the feds turn to get it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Everything in that new lock box is an ugly piece of poo poo.

Pass.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Another shot of the resolute

Looks like every ship forward is going to get the "Intrepid" windows and escape pods option.

They should come with every ship.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 14, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

Looks like every ship forward is going to get the "Intrepid" windows and escape pods option.

What the gently caress did they do to the excelsior.

But yeah they started adding the "type 5" windows from the intrepid to the other new fed ships (andromeda, etc) and they look pretty nice so hey.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Tuskin38 posted:

Oh hey it's a Presidio that does less stuff.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Asimo posted:

Well, you see when a mommy Odyssey and a daddy Vesta get really messed up on turpentine...and keep getting messed up on it during gestation...

No, seriously, ugly as poo poo. Thankfully we can use the normal models on it and get some neat windows and the type 6-7 skins at least.

That said, getting it because it's an Excelsior.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

Oh hey it's a Presidio that does less stuff.
Yeah that's the hilarious thing, the Concorde actually managed a pretty good Excelsior-variant (quadruple nacelles aside) while this is... :psyduck:

Also :laffo: at Borticus on reddit desperately trying to defend not re-releasing a Zemok-variant because of his sperg-rear end reasons.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
The Year of Hell Lockbox commemorates the nearly 12 months since the launch of Delta Rising.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Asimo posted:

I think it looks great outside of the engine pylons.

The new mission is live on tribble. Cryptic accidentally enabled it.

Annnnd the server is down.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 15, 2015

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Tuskin38 posted:

Man, I see all these new ships STO is coming out with, the new designs and whatnots, and all I can think is "I wonder if Aatrek is playing this, trying to pick up the child rpers on Droz"

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Borticus got into a fight on Reddit after being called out for constantly blowing smoke up Ath's rear end about why he didn't include a Zemok equivalent in the new doff pack.

":qq:I can't stop making poo poo up when I get backed into a corner, abloobloo:qq:"

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Preechr posted:

Borticus got into a fight on Reddit after being called out for constantly blowing smoke up Ath's rear end about why he didn't include a Zemok equivalent in the new doff pack.

":qq:I can't stop making poo poo up when I get backed into a corner, abloobloo:qq:"

Ahahaha what a whiny bitch "The players are asking questions about our idiotic design process, time to flounce out and talk about them somewhere I can block them"

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Korgan posted:

Ahahaha what a whiny bitch "The players are asking questions about our idiotic design process, time to flounce out and talk about them somewhere I can block them"

One of the predditors actually apologised on behalf of the community to Borticus for the player asking pointed questions.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

Korgan posted:

Man, I see all these new ships STO is coming out with, the new designs and whatnots, and all I can think is "I wonder if Aatrek is playing this, trying to pick up the child rpers on Droz"

You are a bad man. Funny though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Preechr posted:

"I wish I could just say "I told you so", that would prove it wasn't dumb and arbitrary!" :qq:

Also the T6 Excelsior's stats are up on tribble, and shock of shock, they are poo poo.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asimo posted:

"I wish I could just say "I told you so", that would prove it wasn't dumb and arbitrary!" :qq:

Also the T6 Excelsior's stats are up on tribble, and shock of shock, they are poo poo.

Haha it really is a worse Presidio. At least when you buy that you get fleet quality.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

DJ Grom met his demise on Risa earlier today, as he was celebrating his 5th year anniversary as a DJ for SSR.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Congrats on winning the triolic pattern enhancer jackpot. Do you have screenshots of his reaction in chat?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

fakemirage posted:

DJ Grom met his demise on Risa earlier today, as he was celebrating his 5th year anniversary as a DJ for SSR.

HOLY loving poo poo

This is glorious.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Please tell me you've got a vid.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.

Preechr posted:

Hahahahaha

fakemirage posted:

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

fakemirage posted:

:pusheen:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Tunicate posted:

Please tell me you've got a vid.

This. Was Grom bitching about it on air, by any chance? This is absolutely amazing.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 15, 2015

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

fakemirage posted:

Give that man a prize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Asimo posted:

:flaccid:

Literally no reason to purchase one for any mechanical reason.

Also Borticus is a hilarious crybaby bitch.

• Locked thread