Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

nobody who drives a prius, not even married people, gets laid

If you can't get laid when you drive a Prius it just means you're a baby back bitch who couldn't get laid anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

But how else will I gain access to farmersonly.com?

I went to school with a lot of people who thought living in a dumpy little house with a couple trees around made them "country".

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Casimir Radon posted:

I went to school with a lot of people who thought living in a dumpy little house with a couple trees around made them "country".

Ugh. My high school was full of idiots who thought dressing like Marty McFly in BTTF3 made you a cowboy. The fewer times you'd seen a horse in real life, the bigger your belt buckle had to be and the tighter the Wranglers.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Farmers i know get all their money from farm insurance on poor yields while pocketing reported wages of 11/hr for harvesters when its actually 6/hr for illegals

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

Ugh. My high school was full of idiots who thought dressing like Marty McFly in BTTF3 made you a cowboy. The fewer times you'd seen a horse in real life, the bigger your belt buckle had to be and the tighter the Wranglers.
You at least went to school in a plqce that could have been the setting for a western. Nobody ever set a western in Minnesota.

Tech school was funny because there were a few people who subscribed to a certain mindset. "Going to Walmart, better put on my cowboy poo poo!"

EDIT: Also Mossy Oak and Realtree look stupid for walking around in public, or on your phone case.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 12, 2015

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

EDIT: Also Mossy Oak and Realtree look stupid for walking around in public, or on your phone case.

they actually look stupid everywhere, including in the forest

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
This is the third minion thing he's posted in the last 5 hours.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

I really, really hope that the dumbass that did that didn't know it was 240v power.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

they actually look stupid everywhere, including in the forest
The law here is that you've got to wear blaze orange unless you're on private land, so the vast majority of people with clothing with those patterns are just making some dumbass identity statement. I've always just worn the blaze orange because while ideally you don't go hunting with dumbasses who shoot at sounds, you can't be too sure. By the time my uncle lost his cabin to years of financial dumbassery there must have been about 40 people with keys to the gate, and who knows who half these people are. Of course people also wear blaze orange to show everyone that they hunt.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I know a dude that totally buys into the hunting industry stuff. Latest camo patterns, covers himself in only the finest most expensive synthetic deer piss or whatever and uses fuckin tactilol optics in a tree stand. Normally strikes out and gets nothing.

My dad drinks his coffee, puts on an orange jacket, finds a dumb loving deer and shoots it.

In short, country fucks are dumb. Giant belt buckles are dumb. Cowboy boots are dumb unless you are actually wrangling horses. They should all inhale their diesel fumes until they die so I can go live in a warm state without wanting to kill myself.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Chiwie posted:

I really, really hope that the dumbass that did that didn't know it was 240v power.

Well he is posting about it proudly so he didn't melt whatever it was he plugged in. Nowadays most power supplies are 110-240v so it's quite likely everything is fine.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
isn't that bright orange poo poo not visible to deer? As in their eyes are so tuned to differences in green and brown that fluoro orange just doesn't get a look in?

either which, all that real tree poo poo is just a white trash fashion show. poo poo is expensive, useless, and just like any big brand name designer clothing, designed so you can show off what brand you've got.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Cole posted:

If you can't get laid when you drive a Prius it just means you're a baby back bitch who couldn't get laid anyway.

chicken or egg conundrum

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Casimir Radon posted:

I bet they also thought that a few acres of unusable land with trees and scrub was "my ranch."

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

not caring here posted:

isn't that bright orange poo poo not visible to deer? As in their eyes are so tuned to differences in green and brown that fluoro orange just doesn't get a look in?

either which, all that real tree poo poo is just a white trash fashion show. poo poo is expensive, useless, and just like any big brand name designer clothing, designed so you can show off what brand you've got.

Yeah, it's just another shade to them. I don't wear any camo when hunting deer, but I make drat sure I have blaze orange on so that if there are other hunters on our land they know exactly where I am. In addition to texting people which stands are being used. Designating firing lanes is good as well.

I've been lucky enough I don't have to deal with ex-mil Bubba types when I've been hunting that think you need to be fully camo'd up and shoot at anything that moves just in case.

Your brand awareness poo poo is right on the nose. It's like being around high school kids "look how much my parents spent on my clothes" type of deal.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

not caring here posted:

Basically.

When deer hunting for cammo it's about breaking up your silhouette not you color. You are better off being in a stand than anything else. You could look like a traffic barrel as long as you are up a tree and down wind.

Of course a ghillie suit and taticlol rifle is better for your flash backs to those combat tours*

* - unit paint ball tournaments

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
bow hunter people are the worst of the whole group so

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think bow hunting is cool but only if you're hardcore and do it with a traditional hunting bow with hand-made artisanal arrows.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
bow hunting is for convicted felons who can't own a gun.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Or people who want to get out there before swarms of redneck shitheads gently caress everything up while being as likely to shoot at you as the deer. Not as likely to be launching arrows at something too far away to positively identify.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

I bow hunt cause it gives me an extra month of hunting before gun season ooens.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SumYungGui posted:

Or people who want to get out there before swarms of redneck shitheads gently caress everything up while being as likely to shoot at you as the deer. Not as likely to be launching arrows at something too far away to positively identify.

If I remember right archery hunting injuries are higher than firearm related ones...at least in PA.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
https://np.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/3da252/made_it_purchased_2014_nissan_gtr_at_26/

Don't worry, guys, I know exactly what I'm doing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I like the military dudes doing the math and getting buried in the comments. And the lack of garage.

quote:

You can always tell someone hosed up when they mention their age in the title.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

$1k a month for a car payment.

l

o

l

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

That's pretty much a Skyline right? (I don't really know cars :ohdear:) One of my favorite parts of being stationed at Kadena was E-3 paying over 10 grand for a car older than they are and never being able to do anything because they're "broke".

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That's pretty much a Skyline right? (I don't really know cars :ohdear:) One of my favorite parts of being stationed at Kadena was E-3 paying over 10 grand for a car older than they are and never being able to do anything because they're "broke".

Isn't there a story about one guy who doing nothing ever and saving everything was able, upon leaving, to buy a rolls royce or something?

Oh I found an ad in an old comic for a service which exclusively financed jewelry purchases to only members of the military. I have to find it and scan it. It feels right at home here.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gfanikf posted:

Isn't there a story about one guy who doing nothing ever and saving everything was able, upon leaving, to buy a rolls royce or something?

Bentley Continental iirc

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Bentley Continental iirc

Yep I think you're right.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Of course he's a TACP. I knew even before clicking the link he was either a cop, mx, EOD, or some form of battlefield airman.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Lol, and he's been in for 8 years.

What a loving dumbass.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He totally has all the maintenance budgeted out, so stop freaking out.

I especially like the part where a guy says "I make six figures and I can't afford this car, I don't know how you can." And the idiot responds clearly not understanding that "can afford" means "I have the money and I can definitely spare it" and not "I technically have enough money for this."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That's pretty much a Skyline right? (I don't really know cars :ohdear:)

imagine a skyline

now imagine a skyline...on autism

that is a gtr

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
The gtr owns

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
the boring answer is that GT-R is the newest Skyline. They just dropped the Skyline name.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXFSVoVqhYw

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

gfanikf posted:

Oh I found an ad in an old comic for a service which exclusively financed jewelry purchases to only members of the military. I have to find it and scan it. It feels right at home here.

No need to scan it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I want to see his first bill for new tires when they wear out.