Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

does anyone actually buy this?

Brother, I can't afford to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Anyone wants to question my money, don't. I have the best lawyers in the world, they know what they're doing. They say I have ten billion dollars, I have ten billion dollars. I don't even have to have them on retainer. They have me on retainer. They pay money to be on retainer because they know I earn them a lot of money, and I mean a lot of money, when some liberal sues me. Let me tell you my income is a lot like my competitors in this primary. A lot of zeroes.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

richardfun posted:

I owe you guys a screenshot.

Hahahahaha what, they didn't feel like bolding and double underlining that TEN BILLION DOLLARS?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

does anyone actually buy this?

gently caress it, let's run this poo poo into the ground

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Obviously this is before taking into account all the endorsements and product lines that have been dropping left and right.

I wonder what that total is now.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

HappyHippo posted:

TEN BILLION DOLLARS

Again with the "caring for people" stuff. Doesn't he realize he's running for the GOP nomination?

Trump is what the poor rubes think of when they imagine how they would behave if they were rich i.e. flaunt your wealth to everyone's face and be obnoxious as possible doing it.

The base eats this poo poo up.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

As if the FEC has the claws to actually do anything about fraudulent/misleading statements in the filing. Trump's gonna keep on giving for several more months yet...

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...source=facebook

A Trump-Cruz alliance begins.

So what if these insane people thought like this:

- run for GOP nom
- if neither gets it, run as 3rd party aimed at winning enough to keep the 1st place winner under 270, waging a war of attrition with both sides in NM, CO, FL, and NV over immigration.
- say Trump/Cruz comes in 2nd to Clinton, with Bush in a distant 3rd...the election goes to the house and grassroots pressure forces enough of the GOP majority to back Trump/Cruz that Boehner caves, unwilling to back Clinton and unable to back 3rd place Bush without the party breaking.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I mean Forbes estimated his networth at 4.1b in 2015 -- which is really sad that he's in the bottom 50 of the richest 500 people.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
I can't wait for the White House to get the Trump makeover into a tacky Versailles knock-off.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

De Nomolos posted:

- run for GOP nom
- if neither gets it, run as 3rd party aimed at winning enough to keep the 1st place winner under 270, waging a war of attrition with both sides in NM, CO, FL, and NV over immigration.
- say Trump/Cruz comes in 2nd to Clinton, with Bush in a distant 3rd...the election goes to the house and grassroots pressure forces enough of the GOP majority to back Trump/Cruz that Boehner caves, unwilling to back Clinton and unable to back 3rd place Bush without the party breaking.

How could that possibly work? It's not like they would be be taking a lot of votes away from Hillary.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
2016 Presidential Primary: TEN BILLION DOLLARS

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mons Hubris posted:

How could that possibly work? It's not like they would be be taking a lot of votes away from Hillary.

Why would someone vote for Hillary or Jeb! when you could vote for the yoojest and most luxurious of presidential candidates in the election?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

De Nomolos posted:

- run for GOP nom

Not gonna happen. In any states where Republican votes are split, Hillary would win a plurality, thus granting her the full complement of the state's electoral votes and an electoral college landslide with something hilarious like between 42-45% of the vote. Think Clinton '92, actually.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Trump being the actual republican nominee would be what I imagined the Romans thought when they put Eglabus in power.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mons Hubris posted:

Maybe Trump and Cruz are just arrogant enough to think they can win together.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I've really underestimated Trump. Only he could take something potentially damaging like FEC filings and switch it up to brag about how their forms aren't good enough for him. I can't wait to see the other candidates run negative ads or get up on stage with him, the guy is going to eat them alive.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"
What's the penalty for lying on those forms?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Obdicut posted:

The Republican Nomination.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Spacebump posted:

FTFY

Also, if they do make it to the primary Clinton/Sanders would be dumb as poo poo not to have one of the Castro brothers as their running mate since one or both republican campaigns will be vocally running on the "gently caress the mexicans" platform.

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 15, 2015

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I think this is the release:

I love this so very, very much.

Hadn't seen this posted yet either. Oh, nostalgia.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Trump being the actual republican nominee would be what I imagined the Romans thought when they put Eglabus in power.

A gay sun worshipper? That seems like an Obummer thing.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Obdicut posted:

unenforced

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

trump: he's not wrong

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

mintskoal posted:

I love this so very, very much.

Hadn't seen this posted yet either. Oh, nostalgia.

Huh, I guess this particular broken clock still has one of its hands.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mons Hubris posted:

It doesn't work. A Trump/Cruz third party ticket would mean a landslide victory for the Democrat nominee and they'd probably take states like Texas because of the vote splits on the right. Hilary Clinton winning the same way Bill did would be hilarious and I think someone in the GOP might actually murder Ted Cruz on the Senate floor if he runs as a third party spoiler.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

nachos posted:

I've really underestimated Trump. Only he could take something potentially damaging like FEC filings and switch it up to brag about how their forms aren't good enough for him. I can't wait to see the other candidates run negative ads or get up on stage with him, the guy is going to eat them alive.

...which will in turn cause the GOP establishment and big-money donors to panic, throwing more money into anti-Trump SuperPAC ads, which the Donald will just consume and add their power to his.

I changed my mind. Let him win the nomination. I want him to be the GOP's ruin.

Donald Trump is the perfect avatar of everything the Republican Party has fostered and nurtured for the last 8 years--a hideous, disgusting golem of racism, arrogance, privilege, and loudmouthed stupidity--and there is no more fitting end for the GOP's 2016 Presidential ambitions than to have this Frankenstein monster they created hand the Presidency to Hillary "Great Satan" Clinton.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 15, 2015

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Trump: Let me just twist that knife a bit.

I'm glad he keeps control of his own Twitter account.

e: Do these two have some feud going or what? Like, did Rove dare to say something negative about Trump in the past?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

mintskoal posted:

Trump: Let me just twist that knife a bit.

I'm glad he keeps control of his own Twitter account.

e: Do these two have some feud going or what? Like, did Rove dare to say something negative about Trump in the past?

Rove likes to win. If Trump is the nominee, he won't win. Therefore, Rove will work with anyone he can to keep Donald Trump from getting the GOP nomination--which just makes his stock fall further among Tea Party types.

I cannot believe we are actually having a conversation about Donald loving Trump being a major party's nominee for President in TYOOL 2015. I mean, surely this can't have the demented, twisted storybook ending we want, right? There is no possible way Democrats are lucky enough to face Donald loving Trump in the fall of 2016?

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 15, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

Rove likes to win. If Trump is the nominee, he won't win.

And even worse, if he did, he wouldn't be beholden to a bunch of Establishment figures.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

...which will in turn cause the GOP establishment and big-money donors to panic, throwing more money into anti-Trump SuperPAC ads, which the Donald will just consume and add their power to his.

Out of curiosity, how much does the presidential candidate affect lower office votes in the general? Are people more or less likely to vote for a given party's mayor/rep/senator if the party presidential candidate is awesome/poo poo? Are there any numbers that show to what degree there is an effect?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Alter Ego posted:

Again, seriously, what? Are secretly gay Kenyan men soliticing prostitutes? Is the Kenyan government afraid that straight Kenyan men will turn to the evils of man-buttfucking?

It's simple. If gay men and women are allowed to marry, they will no longer be satisfying their needs with gay prostitutes, who will go out of business as a result.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Spacebump posted:

"Well poo poo, if the Muslim Kenyan can pull it off..."

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Alter Ego posted:

Donald Trump is the perfect avatar of everything the Republican Party has fostered and nurtured for the last 8 years--a hideous, disgusting golem of racism, arrogance, privilege, and loudmouthed stupidity--and there is no more fitting end for the GOP's 2016 Presidential ambitions than to have this Frankenstein monster they created hand the Presidency to Hillary "Great Satan" Clinton.

It's been going on since Reagan actually, only in the last 8 years has it been kicked into overdrive because racists knowing there is a black man in the whitehouse broke their brains.

Who could have imagined that the modern republican party would be crushed not by leftists, but by an ultra conservative billionaire with a hairpiece.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

greatn posted:

He's polling in the lead or close to it in many polls. He's filed and officially running. What possible reason could they exclude him?

Turns out they previously overlooked the "No Trumps" provision of the RNC charter.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-07-15/trump-claims-net-worth-over-10-billion-as-he-files-disclosure

quote:

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump claimed a net worth exceeding $10 billion and a 2014 income of $362 million as he filed his financial disclosure with the government.

Trump claimed a net worth of $8.7 billion last month. In Wednesday’s statement, the campaign said that was more than a year old.

Wow, he really is a fantastic businessman. Making $1.3 billion in a year with an income of just $362 million is nice trick.

Alter Ego posted:

Not gonna happen. In any states where Republican votes are split, Hillary would win a plurality, thus granting her the full complement of the state's electoral votes and an electoral college landslide with something hilarious like between 42-45% of the vote. Think Clinton '92, actually.

This is assuming that either the Trump/Cruz ticket is pulling Hillary voters in or Hillary was going to lose without a Republican split. Seems more likely that Hillary wins an electoral landslide with a percentage of the vote in the 50s.

Of course it doesn't really help Hillary or the Democrats that much since the Trump/Cruz voters are still voting Republican down ticket. Unless the Canadian Hair party decides to field a complete down ticket of insanity.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

DaveWoo posted:

Assuming Trump's poll numbers stay where they currently are, :foxnews: has no choice but to include him in the debate.

Well, by "completed all filings with the FEC" they were including releasing the disclosure to the public, of course.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Out of curiosity, how much does the presidential candidate affect lower office votes in the general? Are people more or less likely to vote for a given party's mayor/rep/senator if the party presidential candidate is awesome/poo poo? Are there any numbers that show to what degree there is an effect?

You'll see a bit of a bump in down ticket races normally, but if for some reason a massive racist like Trump is in the general you'll see a huge number of minorities vote that normally wouldn't which would be a massive impact.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Alter Ego posted:

I cannot believe we are actually having a conversation about Donald loving Trump being a major party's nominee for President in TYOOL 2015. I mean, surely this can't have the demented, twisted storybook ending we want, right? There is no possible way Democrats are lucky enough to face Donald loving Trump in the fall of 2016?

Obama's greatest strength has always been is ability to get his enemies to throw up the worst possible opposition to him. Bush is surging with this, but it is still making Trump the face of the GOP for now and leaving Obama and the Dems looking great.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Gyges posted:

Turns out they previously overlooked the "No Trumps" provision of the RNC charter.

"It says No Trumps. Plural. We're allowed to have one."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Fried Chicken posted:

Obama's greatest strength has always been is ability to get his enemies to throw up the worst possible opposition to him. Bush is surging with this, but it is still making Trump the face of the GOP for now and leaving Obama and the Dems looking great.

Remember when Obama's Presidency was over?

• Locked thread