Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
So I only have 2 things left to collect to open the real ending. One riddle and one trophy, both on founders island. Not inside anything but the island itself. The problem is that I have no markers for them and it is not spawning any riddler informants. This is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

JackDarko posted:

It was too difficult to control the Batmobile in that sequence. I aced the cloudburts section because it didn't require precise movement. This tunnel bullshit? Total bad idea.

Anytime you had to precisely control the Batmobile it was best to go to the first-person view, which seemed to give you a lot more leeway in terms of avoiding obstacles you might hit. Still annoying though.

I have to say I was so excited once the Batmobile was destroyed in that sequence, thinking I wouldn't have to deal with it again in the story missions. Once the backup showed up, I was like :()

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

So I only have 2 things left to collect to open the real ending. One riddle and one trophy, both on founders island. Not inside anything but the island itself. The problem is that I have no markers for them and it is not spawning any riddler informants. This is bullshit.

The subway tunnels count as founder's island.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

poptart_fairy posted:

As someone who doesn't usually enjoy racing stuff I'm surprised at how much hate the Batmobile is getting. I drift into corners, use battle mode to make small course corrections and simply tap the afterburner to keep speed up on the straights - not using it before I turn. I'm genuinely unable to understand how people struggle with the thing. :saddowns:

Play good racing games with good controls and non lovely schemes and you'll figure out why it sucks so much

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Also, sometimes the game will spawn a riddler informant on a totally different island for stuff on the island you need. Grabbed a guy on miagani who unlocked the last bomb rioter I needed in chinatown and showed trophies in panessa studios.

And holy poo poo, the PC version won't be up and running until the fall? Christ.

I mean, at least Assassins Creed Unity started running patches around the clock. Granted the game was complete poo poo, pre or post-patch. But at least they threw in some extra stuff for fans.

I'm waiting on the season pass. For a sale. Definitely.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

el oso posted:

Anytime you had to precisely control the Batmobile it was best to go to the first-person view, which seemed to give you a lot more leeway in terms of avoiding obstacles you might hit. Still annoying though.

I have to say I was so excited once the Batmobile was destroyed in that sequence, thinking I wouldn't have to deal with it again in the story missions. Once the backup showed up, I was like :()

The very least they could have done after that was give us a, somewhat, different Batmobile. Like it's nice that they unlocked a bunch of upgrades, but it's the same drat car with a worse coat of paint

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Apart from what others have mentioned, have you interrogated the GCPD informant yet?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mr E posted:

I don't believe I'll be buying another Rocksteady or WB game.

What does Rocksteady have to do with a PC port they didn't develop or have a say in the release of?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Want to hear some Heresy?

Having played all 4 games, I think this one is my favourite. Yes, it's a bit frontloaded with batmobile, but after a bit, I felt better about it and enjoyed it more. I just liked the game more than the others.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

What does Rocksteady have to do with a PC port they didn't develop or have a say in the release of?

You're right, I shouldn't write off them for that. Though if their next game is a DC game like Superman I guess I wouldn't be getting it due to WB anyway.

Mr E fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 16, 2015

Kween
Jan 9, 2005
Not recently,no

That's an impressive gently caress up. Wonder what percentage of people are affected for them to withdraw it for so long. Must be costing them a fortune.

I'm finding it perfectly playable on my 280x with just the occasional slowdown. Maybe I just have a high tolerance for lovely framerates

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Gotta wonder what the compensation will be for all of this, especially those who bought the season pass too.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Discendo Vox posted:

The subway tunnels count as founder's island.
The subway has been cleaned out. There's no markers anywhere and no informants spawning. That's the problem.

Been all over all three islands, still none spawn. Spent two hours last night doing that. And yes I got the guy in the police station already. I dunno wtf.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Arkham City (and Origins) also had issues with spawning informants, though Knight has felt noticeably worse.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Hah, just found out that militia guys have unique responses if you stand right behind them while you let their Detective Mode scanners detect you.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

BarkingSquirrel posted:

The subway has been cleaned out. There's no markers anywhere and no informants spawning. That's the problem.

Been all over all three islands, still none spawn. Spent two hours last night doing that. And yes I got the guy in the police station already. I dunno wtf.

At the very least, the Riddle you are missing is very likely the Batmobile. Just scan the Batmobile. Unfortunately, even if we saw a picture of your Riddler grid to see which Trophy you don't have, someone would have had to actually mark which trophies went where to help you with it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

BarkingSquirrel posted:

So I only have 2 things left to collect to open the real ending. One riddle and one trophy, both on founders island.

If its not the car, load up one of those GameFAQ-like walkthroughs, then compare which of the Gothan Stories or whatever they link to. That helped me out a few times.

You can also load up a Trophy Map and laboriously visit all the locations.... Ugh.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

BarkingSquirrel posted:

You can tell what riddle you're missing by going to the riddle screen and highlighting the one that's not checked off, it'll tell you the clue.

For the trophy, short of using a guide to revisit every site I don't know what to tell you. You have finished the main story and all the other sidequests, right? Some of the trophies aren't accessible until you get to a certain point in the sidequests.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I was looking over the official BatmanArkham twitter and when they tweeted about the Keaton batmobile, it was nothing but people asking if it's available to use in the actual game. Not once were any of these answered.
: /

Also, I've had a lot of luck using that Batman settings app that's been going around. Much, much, much less stutter, things are fast and smooth, but I still have major texture streaming issues (especially signs, photos, wall decorations...they just never leave "smeary mess mode").

link to app: http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/523890046870624615/

link to cliffnotes usage: http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/523890046870624615/?tscn=1436913755#c530647080138305032

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 16, 2015

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Someone already mentioned the Subway Tunnels, but there is also a single trophy and a riddle inside Pretty dolls Parlor (Professor Pyg's hideout).

Mr E posted:

I don't believe I'll be buying another Rocksteady or WB game.

This whole debacle is some serious bullshit, and it really is the type of thing that ruins my trust in companies. I'm probably the most forgiving person there is when it comes to poo poo like this, and even I'm seriously considering never buying a WB game again on principle. I'm holding on to some small hope there is compensation for the Season Pass I decided not to refund because the game worked for me, and I somehow trusted that WB would still release the DLC for PC even if the main game was yanked from sale. Overall I'm just... disappointed with the game on so many levels.

l33t b4c0n fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 16, 2015

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

l33t b4c0n posted:

This whole debacle is some serious bullshit, and it really is the type of thing that ruins my trust in companies. I'm probably the most forgiving person there is when it comes to poo poo like this, and even I'm seriously considering never buying a WB game again on principle. I'm holding on to some small hope there is compensation for the Season Pass I decided not to refund because the game worked for me, and I somehow trusted that WB would still release the DLC for PC even if the main game was yanked from sale.

Can you buy the Season Pass on Steam

edit:

:laffo:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ayn rand hand job posted:

Yes, for some ridiculous reason the season pass is still available even though the content has been delayed indefinitely.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

edit:

:laffo:

I bought it prior to the release for the sale price, and I got the base game free with a new video card. So I'm not going to complain about the base game, as I spent no money on it. But when I buy something that is still on sale that explicitly advertises "new content each month for the next six months" and I don't get that...

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

l33t b4c0n posted:

I bought it prior to the release for the sale price, and I got the base game free with a new video card. So I'm not going to complain about the base game, as I spent no money on it. But when I buy something that is still on sale that explicitly advertises "new content each month for the next six months" and I don't get that...

We are in the same boat, buddy. :hfive:

It sucks.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
How on earth do you make Unity's launch in terms of fixes and PR look so much better

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

How on earth do you make Unity's launch in terms of fixes and PR look so much better

By being an even shittier publisher who doesn't know how to properly work with a dev studio, apparently.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I got a refund on my game from GMG, but Arkham Knight is still on my Steam. WTF?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I got a refund on my game from GMG, but Arkham Knight is still on my Steam. WTF?

That's why their refund policy states you can't get a refund once they've sent you a code, I don't think they have a way to revoke steam codes you've applied.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

redbackground posted:

I was looking over the official BatmanArkham twitter and when they tweeted about the Keaton batmobile, it was nothing but people asking if it's available to use in the actual game. Not once were any of these answered.
: /

probably because there's a rumor going around that you can only use it in 2 races lol. I think if that turns out to be true I'm going to just trade this in.

Pirate Jet posted:

Nothing, just bad luck. Rocksteady and NRS are both good studios that got hosed by WB and bad testing, similar to how ubercool Avalanche Studios may get hosed over by WB poo poo for Mad Max later this year.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

probably because there's a rumor going around that you can only use it in 2 races lol. I think if that turns out to be true I'm going to just trade this in.
The fact that they didn't just throw out a simple "Yup!" is pretty telling as it would ease everyone's minds, and a simple "Nope!" would in fact cause a shitstorm they don't want to mess with right now. By saying nothing, they can at least push this down the road a bit further.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 16, 2015

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
40 bucks for a season pass? Jesus. Why aren't you people rioting?

I am in the market for a new graphics card (I have a 550ti, and while it runs both Shadows of Mordor and Witcher 3 on lower settings without looking like rear end, it's time for an upgrade). the nvidia gtx 960 looks like it's good for my budget and a hell of a boost!

... And it looks like it comes with a copy of AK oh no oh noooooo :gonk:

Guess they didn't yank all copies?

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Aquasnake posted:

Can someone please elaborate on why everyone is in love with dual predator? I'm in NG+ about to get to Panessa. And if I remember correctly. Dual predator means you get three free long range silent takedowns... and that's it I think? Did I miss something awesome my first run through? It doesn't seem worth all the hype it gets.

It's a nice change of pace from regular predator because christ did I get bored of predator in this game. The only things I remember doing in all of arkham knight was predator-batmobile-predator-batmobile. Oh no, now there's titans time for the batmobile to be a predator! foot combat is the stuff I really enjoy in the arkham games, and it felt like for every one combat section i got, I got 5 predator encounters. at leat dual predator was fun, and hell anytime you spent with a partner character made the game alot more fun in general.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Literally Kermit posted:

I am in the market for a new graphics card (I have a 550ti, and while it runs both Shadows of Mordor and Witcher 3 on lower settings without looking like rear end, it's time for an upgrade). the nvidia gtx 960 looks like it's good for my budget and a hell of a boost!

I think that's a bit more trickier to take off copies off a game with a graphics card. The card comes with a steam code (I had the graphics card that came with Arkham City) , so pretty sure NVIDIA bought codes off WB to promote the card and game. There isn't much WB can do with that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got the game for free when I bought a gfx card to get ready for Witcher 3. And since there were so many issues with this on PC, I've just kinda let it rest there until things work themselves out (if ever). So does anyone have a breakdown and whose fault it is for the PC version. I heard it was done by another company and that Rocksteady had almost nothing to do with it but I don't know what's true or not. I'd like to think that a company that obviously put a lot of effort in this game from how the PS4 version plays wouldn't be happy with a poo poo product that is the PC version, but nothing would surprise me.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

Literally Kermit posted:

People are, but keep in mind that for every level-headed complainer, there are hundreds of drooling morons online jabbering about how "WB FUKKED US GIVE US A FREE SEASON PASS."

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Spikeguy posted:

I got the game for free when I bought a gfx card to get ready for Witcher 3. And since there were so many issues with this on PC, I've just kinda let it rest there until things work themselves out (if ever). So does anyone have a breakdown and whose fault it is for the PC version. I heard it was done by another company and that Rocksteady had almost nothing to do with it but I don't know what's true or not. I'd like to think that a company that obviously put a lot of effort in this game from how the PS4 version plays wouldn't be happy with a poo poo product that is the PC version, but nothing would surprise me.

Alot of times it's out of the developers hands. Publishers tend to have the last word most of the time in terms of the decision of when a game should be released. I"m pretty sure Rocksteady knew how bad the PC port was but it was out of their hands.

Pretty much WB's fault. I think Iron Galaxy who handled the port did Arkham Origins PC as well. It was pretty buggy at first, playable but buggy. I guess they decided that IG could do it again and booooooooy did that bit them in the rear end.

I hate to sound like a cynical rear end bastard but publishers tend to have that mentality of if it doesn't break the game ship it and just put a day one patch to fix the problems later. Of course with this game it ended up horribly that not even a day one patch could fix it.

I say from experience developers would like to keep a game until it's finish but again, publishers tend to have the last word.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 16, 2015

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Shindragon posted:

Alot of times it's out of the developers hands. Publishers tend to have the last word most of the time in terms of the decision of when a game should be released. I"m pretty sure Rocksteady knew how bad the PC port was but it was out of their hands.

Pretty much WB's fault. I think Iron Galaxy would handled the port did Arkahm Origins PC as well. It was pretty buggy at first, playable but buggy. I guess they decided that IG could do it again and booooooooy did that bit them in the rear end.

I hate to sound like a cynical rear end bastard but publishers tend to have that mentality of if it doesn't break the game ship it and just put a day one patch to fix the problems later. Of course with this game it ended up horribly that not even a day one patch could fix it.

I say from experience developers would like to keep a game until it's finish but again, publishers tend to have the last word.

Why is that being a cynical bastard? Day 1 patching, whether you like it or not, makes perfect sense since it allows you to send a game to gold faster and then allows the developers to make a patch during the approval process and gets the game out quicker, thus cheaper. It's been a policy for years now all over the industry.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I guess because it feels like it encourages more and more games to come out buggy, which they have felt for a bit. I know it makes sense business wise.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Literally Kermit posted:

Agreed. 40 bucks for a season pass is highway robbery followed by a hot carl.

On the plus side, Elite Dangerous will look even sexier for you now (I just upgraded to a GTX 970 this month and goddamn the difference between it and my GTX 460 in recent games is staggering)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Spikeguy posted:

A buggy mess that's going to be close to a year between original date and the re-release date that's probably been bugfixed? every one involved

• Locked thread