Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I wanted to know when the WONHOF ballots were due and found this.

Steiner Brothers should be in. Luger and Sting maybe? Hall and Nash for influence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
You could make an argument for all of those guys but I don't see what Eddie Guerrero has to do with that.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Karmine posted:

You could make an argument for all of those guys but I don't see what Eddie Guerrero has to do with that.

Well since he's a vanilla midget who didn't really do anything, surely any of the big muscle bros should be shoe ins

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Being such a fan of Nash that you totally buy into his 'vanilla midgets' comments

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I love you Nom

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
That's distressingly close to admitting that mistakes might possibly have been made.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
My favorite TNA delusion is that they will move to a different Discovery networks. Here are the other discovery networks, FYI:

Discovery Channel
TLC
Animal Planet
Investigation Discover
Oprah Winfrey Network
Science
Discovery Family
American Heroes Channel
Velocity
Destination America
Discovery Life

All of them except Discovery Life have more viewers than Destination America. None of them make sense for wrestling programming

But you know, Impact is a lock for Animal Planet!!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
The American Heroes channel would have been perfect for TNA Champion Kurt Angle

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

Oprah Winfrey Network
You get a new contract! And you get a new contract! Everyone gets a new contract!

It's a perfect fit.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

TLC would be perfect though

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

triplexpac posted:

The American Heroes channel would have been perfect for TNA Champion Kurt Angle

Half the shows in that channel's lineup sound like wresting PPV names:

Combat Countdown
Combat Zone
Firepower
Mission Demolition
The Greatest Ever

Also one that I wish would be a wrestling PPV:

Quest for Sunken Warships

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Velocity used to be the name of wrestling show! Surely Discovery is just going to say "Cars? Forget about these dumb gearheads, we're re-branding this the wrestling channel in honor of TNA"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

goc posted:

Velocity used to be the name of wrestling show! Surely Discovery is just going to say "Cars? Forget about these dumb gearheads, we're re-branding this the wrestling channel in honor of TNA"

All Wheels Wrestling finally has a home

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Every show is comprised entirely of King of the Road matches

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

TLC would be perfect though

What are the Duggars doing in the IMPACT ZONE?

SERIOUSLY GET THOSE DUGGARS OUT OF THE IMPACT ZONE

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Revenant Threshold posted:

You get a new contract! And you get a new contract! Everyone gets a new contract!

It's a perfect fit.

the only one who will get contracts is Bram

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

is this the same guy who had an enormous list of criticisms of dave covering the death of WCW with some reasons like "Dave said Nash was bad - but he didn't say goldberg was bad!!!"

I'm only making this connection because I'm pretty sure that guy was very pro WOLFPACK

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Who isn't pro WolfPac?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

pro nash/hogan/nwo politics i should have said

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Well, when you're nWo, you're nWo 4 lyfe

fuh life fuh life

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
It's time to draw the line. This far, and no further. Apparently.

Chris Regal posted:

If you're a regular reader of my columns, you know that I've consistently said that the behind the scenes matters don't concern me simply because they don't ultimately affect the television product. A few weeks ago, however, I began to have my doubts and shared with you my thoughts about that in one of my Randomania pieces and in particular TNA's inability to get away from the Impact Zone and other issues starting to affect Impact. Unfortunately, this week's show was a complete mess and I think it's time to recognize that there's something rotten in the state of TNA.

The behind the scenes matters have begun to affect the way much of the staff does their job and more importantly it's affected those on the creative and production team as well as the wrestlers. I've spoken openly about the disaster that was last month's tapings schedule that essentially rendered this year's Slammiversary PPV a lame duck as well as other decisions such as taping so many shows in one set or tapings in the Impact Zone. As bad as all that is, however, the fiasco that is the Hernandez contract mess is simply inexcusable. It's incompetence at its worst.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is something that truly needs to be emphasized because when you start to screw with the wrestlers' ability to do their job, you start to lose their confidence in you and sadly, you start to lose their loyalty. And the wrestlers start to rethink their options. And they even start to contemplate asking for their release. I think you know where I'm going with this. I'm as big and loyal a TNA fan as you'll find. But like the wrestlers themselves, there's a tipping point for the core diehard fans as well. And I'm afraid that many have reached theirs...and regrettably, I'm reaching mine.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Is he saying that he's getting close to...crossing the line?

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
He needs to be put on suicide watch.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Oh no what if TNA wrestlers start to lose confidence in Dixie

what if

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That was way too rooted in reality to have been written by that dude. Must be a hack job.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Well, when you're nWo, you're nWo 4 lyfe

fuh life fuh life

Another one for the good guys :smug:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

is this the same guy who had an enormous list of criticisms of dave covering the death of WCW with some reasons like "Dave said Nash was bad - but he didn't say goldberg was bad!!!"

I'm only making this connection because I'm pretty sure that guy was very pro WOLFPACK
Yep!

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sjl2q6

I posted it in the thread earlier. I am accidentally stalking a guy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't believe Dave Meltzer turned his back on the wolfpack

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's really loving weird to me that of the entire cavalcade of ineptitude that has defined TNA over the years and especially in 2015, this is the thing that drove Chris Regal over the edge.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

I can't believe Dave Meltzer turned his back on the wolfpack
Dusty, Konnan, and Savage are in the HOF.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Am I the only one who finds this loss of innocence incredibly sad? It's like I'm watching a kid realise there's no Santa :smith:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

if Eddie Guerrero gets into the HoF, why not X-Pac??

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/cregal23/status/621779674125967360

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's a perfect fit.

Bram gets a new contract! And Bram gets a new contract! Bram gets a new contract.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's really loving weird to me that of the entire cavalcade of ineptitude that has defined TNA over the years and especially in 2015, this is the thing that drove Chris Regal over the edge.

Yeah this is really weird, I was expecting to see some catastrophic TNA news but no, just Hernandez

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

breaking news: NomDePlum just signed a multi-year contract with TNAMecca. He'll be the only one posting there.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

super macho dude posted:

breaking news: NomDePlum just signed a multi-year contract with TNAMecca. He'll be the only one posting there.

Congrats. He will carry the TNAMecca brand into the future.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

AkumaHokoru posted:

quote:

1 point 19 minutes ago
i love tna impact. i think ethan carter has the best body in the pro game right now in terms of power game. yes he was disrespectful to the title but he has great hind legs. also don't forget jessie godderz he is also disrespectful with an incredible body.
I hope this was a troll but somehow...i doubt it.

I'm taking "hind legs" to mean that Anthropomorphic Wolf Ethan Carter is the best wrestler in his ongoing weekly TNA furry slash fanfic.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

flashy_mcflash posted:

And it would be so easy for them to just blame it all on Hernandez too, I guess it was just one too many gaffes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Ostentatious posted:

if Eddie Guerrero gets into the HoF, why not X-Pac??

I actually like Waltman for the HOF. Nobody his size was doing what he was doing with the heavyweights at the beginning of his career. Granted, that has a lot to do with booking, but he was a trend-setter for little dudes being legit threats to bigger guys.