Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

syscall girl posted:

freedom of speech != i can post what i like on any given website without having my posts and account deleted

go say that poo poo on the street, it's a free country
Well, yeah.

And if you don't want to be on a website that allows stupid poo poo like coontown to hang around you're free to go to another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Hi,
As a mod of KotakuInAction I find it offensive and hateful for you to associate me with racism and other -isms you pulled out of your rear end to slander things you don't agree with (like ethical standards, particularly in gaming journalism).

Someone who has a reputation of spamming their own subs and using their mod power to silence any criticism of that, as well as promote your own content unethically, the reasons for you trying to lump KiA in with the rest become obvious.
http://i.imgur.com/cbLtmZg.png

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

he's making a thing about how coontown won't bring any revenue to reddit since ads will no longer show on it but what this actually means is reddit is subsidizing white supremacy

Vlad the Retailer posted:

in order to keep this sub ad-free, you must be at least this racist to post

lmao

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

As a Millennial I posted:

Hi,
As a mod of KotakuInAction I find it offensive and hateful for you to associate me with racism and other -isms you pulled out of your rear end to slander things you don't agree with (like ethical standards, particularly in gaming journalism).

Someone who has a reputation of spamming their own subs and using their mod power to silence any criticism of that, as well as promote your own content unethically, the reasons for you trying to lump KiA in with the rest become obvious.
what would possess anyone ever to be so mad at a xkcd comic they bother to retort it when we have goatkcd

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

What is wrong with race realism? Why can't we talk about interracial crime, crime statistics, IQ statistics, biological differences, etc? What's wrong about that? We are a "hate group" because we talk about what the mainstream media won't talk about and covers up? Biological differences between the races that are the reasons for the crime disparity as well as IQ differences that are the reason for low scholastic achievement between the blacks and whites?

Why is that "hateful" to talk about those differences when no one else will? A few places talk about it, but a place for like minded people to get together and talk about these shared interests at what doesn't get talked about in the mainstream media is bad? Why is that?

Why do you want to cull discussion on reality and attempt to make us out to be a bad place? Seems like people are scared of the actualities of the world around them and the actualities of racial differences in looks, cognitive ability, behavioral and genetic differences between races so you have to attempt to use these buzzwords to make us look like bad people. We aren't. We work, have families and are just regular people who want to live in a safe area, and according to statistics, African-Americans are the most dangerous people in America. These come directly from the FBI stats.

We also have many differing opinions and have rules against calls to violence,
Explain how it's hateful to talk about the truth?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

that is one of the best goatkcds ever wow

of the original i mean

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Hi,

...because actually it's about ethics in website moderation

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

e: nm, forgot about that comic

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

'cause it's not a retort, it's someone deliberately using XKCD's style to make their point but somehow putting less effort into drawing and writing

no it's an edit of this

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

yeah I missed that comic :(

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

While it's important to talk about what is NOT allowed, I also think we need to address what is expressly endorsed by reddit. Specifically, why is /r/twoxchromosomes a default sub? The mods there very clearly push a certain political agenda. In addition, much of the content there relates to individual personal issues. While this is good, it seems very sexist and backwards to tell women that they should feel comfortable sharing their feelings and talking about personal problems while effectively telling men that we should continue to stay silent about our own issues. Why are women's feelings more important than men's? Why is a woman's problems more important than a man's? I see no justification for that sort of sexism coming from reddit.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
reddit is still bad? woah

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

syscall girl posted:

regular car reviews

comedic but sincere reviews of regular cars by some mook out of pittsburgh

the one i posted at you in cjs a couple months ago had a tangential comment about how people from pittsburgh are like corvette owners because they're very proud of something that is good if a little mediocre and no one else can quite get what they're so worked up about

i can no longer find this video so i posted on his fb asking about it

all of the reviews are funny and you learn a lot about automotive history, good stuff

I forgot about all that.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

What is wrong with race realism? Why can't we talk about interracial crime, crime statistics, IQ statistics, biological differences, etc? What's wrong about that? We are a "hate group" because we talk about what the mainstream media won't talk about and covers up? Biological differences between the races that are the reasons for the crime disparity as well as IQ differences that are the reason for low scholastic achievement between the blacks and whites?

What is wrong with race realism? Why can't we talk about [pile of racist tropes]?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that one made me ill. i'm done

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

that one made me ill. i'm done

:rip:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
mods, namechange to "as a feminist I"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

bobbilljim posted:

mods, namechange to "as a trans-woman genderqueer attack helicoptor feminist I"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

im the subreddit literally called /r/coontown that we cant ban because reasons

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Hey Lowtax, can we get a forum called Lynch All Niggers, where we unironically post racist stuff? If not WHY ARE YOU TAKING MY FREE SPEECH

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I think this belongs here

https://twitter.com/GreatDismal/status/621812918389051393

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

im the subreddit literally called /r/coontown that we cant ban because reasons

because all kinds of free speech are important, except for the ones that cannot be protected by pure inaction

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Notorious QIG posted:

Hey Lowtax, can we get a forum called Lynch All Niggers, where we unironically post racist stuff? If not WHY ARE YOU TAKING MY FREE SPEECH

i support this initiative because reasons

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

william gibson continues to rule.

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.

Notorious QIG posted:

I fully support this if it lasts only a day and everyone that posts in it is permabanned.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

jony neuemonic posted:

william gibson continues to rule.

a couple weeks ago after the charleston thing he did a whole bunch of tweets about growing up in the south it was really good

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
someone did a data breakdown of /r/coontown's posters.

quote:

As you can imagine, the 225 users sampled post on more hate subreddits than just Coontown. In order from ranking, we have: /r/greatapes, /r/gasthekikes, /r/niggervideos, /r/fatlogic, /r/watchniggersdie.

/r/kotakuinaction,/r/minecraft,/r/gaming, all rank very high in the submission breakdown. These are gamers.

/r/protectandserve ranked in the top 100.

http://www.africanawiki.org/_blackbox/coontown/

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Hi,

I'm the xkcd that literally misses the point of the whole history of western philosophy

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Iridium posted:

/r/gasthekikes, /r/niggervideos, , /r/watchniggersdie.

that's real??

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Boxturret posted:

that's real??

really, you need to ask?

yes. yes they are.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Iridium posted:

someone did a data breakdown of /r/coontown's posters.

http://www.africanawiki.org/_blackbox/coontown/

/r/4chan significantly less racist than any gaming sub-reddit

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

I fully support this if it lasts only a day and everyone that posts in it is permabanned.

a repeat of the furry funhouse (or whatever it was called)

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

in order to keep this sub ad-free, you must be at least this racist to post

ok so i'm not the only one who noticed this is exploitable in the worst way

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

lol these loving retards are trying containment again, cept with an added dose of turning a blind eye. reddit continues to be exceptionally awful

keep on truckin reddit :911:

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
are there any good articles/essays/whatever about how gamer culture got to this point? like how did things go from nerds making pong to white pride world wide?

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

As a mod of KotakuInAction I

thanks for looking at reddit so we don't have to

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

oh, here's something i just learned about reddit

the report button on private messages just doesn't work

so if you piss off a racist rapist (ie: a redditor), expect a never ending stream of racist rape threats in your messages

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

faxlore posted:

ayyyyyyyy

lmao

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

someone get me a new av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

someone get me a new av

isn't that av still new?

• Locked thread