Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Darko posted:

On the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Super:

Kuririn This Week
Hurry to Bulma’s Birthday Party!
Kuririn and family head by car to Bulma’s birthday party on a luxurious passenger ship! But they get stuck in a traffic jam…?!

You got a problem with the slice of life DBSuper is doing? :colbert: I will have my goddamn Goku/Piccolo driving cars drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Shindragon posted:

You got a problem with the slice of life DBSuper is doing? :colbert: I will have my goddamn Goku/Piccolo driving cars drat it.

No, I think it's the best.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I would love for them being in a traffic jam be like 30 seconds long. They just pick up the car and fly around it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

If the rest of DBSuper is just sitcom episodes starring super powered aliens from space going through daily family life on Earth I will be perfectly fine with that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm going to be disappointed when we're done with the slice of life pre-BoG 2.0 (hopefully not permanently).

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Krillin becomes a cop to ensure that he never has to endure a traffic jam (with his angry wife in the passenger seat) ever again.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shinjobi posted:

Krillin becomes a cop to ensure that he never has to endure a traffic jam (with his angry wife in the passenger seat) ever again.

They can all fly.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Covok posted:

They can all fly.

Ssssssssh.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I was going to take the piss out of them going straight to filler but it's the right filler so I'm accepting it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Covok posted:

They can all fly.

It was firmly established that Z fighters driving cars is the coolest thing so this line of reasoning doesn't fly with me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So, trip report on Dokkan Battle, the new phone game. I, as Android 18, am leading Yamcha, Chiaotzu, and some Saibamen as we invade the Tenkaichi Budokai to tell Trunks what year it is. We do this by clicking rainbow dots to kick people into the inside of the phone screen. A Good Phone Game.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

So, trip report on Dokkan Battle, the new phone game. I, as Android 18, am leading Yamcha, Chiaotzu, and some Saibamen as we invade the Tenkaichi Budokai to tell Trunks what year it is. We do this by clicking rainbow dots to kick people into the inside of the phone screen. A Good Phone Game.

I loving love it so far. Base-form Frieza kicking the poo poo out of Mercenary Tao and the Pirate Robot is a thing of beauty.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't have sound on for some reason (it's not my phone, I checked other stuff). Anyone else having this problem?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Aurain posted:

It was firmly established that Z fighters driving cars is the coolest thing so this line of reasoning doesn't fly with me.
:hf: People that can fly and blow up planets choosing to cruise around in cars is cool.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Darko posted:

Kuririn This Week
Kuririn and family head by car to Bulma’s birthday party on a luxurious passenger ship! But they get stuck in a traffic jam…?!

My dreams are coming true. After the first two 'day in this family's life' episodes I figured one focusing mainly one Krillin and Eighteen wouldn't happen, but it sounds like we'll get a decent chunk of them at least.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tae posted:

I don't have sound on for some reason (it's not my phone, I checked other stuff). Anyone else having this problem?

It runs like absolute assy garbage on my old Nexus 10 that runs other things flawlessly so maybe they're having issues. It's smooth as silk on my S4.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Darko posted:

Kuririn This Week

This is the peak fellas pack it up

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Personally I want a day in the life of Yamcha and/or Tien & Chiaotzu.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Raxivace posted:

Personally I want a day in the life of Yamcha and/or Tien & Chiaotzu.

Yamcha keeps trying to hang out with everyone, gets brushed off, heads to a bar.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Yamcha keeps trying to hang out with everyone, gets brushed off, heads to a bar.

Ends up finding someone cool, has fun drinking with her, life picks up.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Webbeh posted:

How can you hate this episode.

How.

poo poo animation that retreads over better animated's old ground

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

There, he meets Piccolo, who has a part-time job now.

It's just a cover so that he can stare at Gohan out the window when he comes home from his Job/College/Whatever Gohan is Doing

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pyroi posted:

It's just a cover so that he can stare at Gohan out the window when he comes home from his Job/College/Whatever Gohan is Doing

isn't that what the curtains are for

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012

Pyroi posted:

Honestly if this show involves Piccolo admitting he gets lonely it will be the highlight of the series.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Yamcha deserves his Zeppo episode where he gets to be a hero but no one ever finds out.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

If anyone isn't sold on this Dragonball mobile game yet, I just got motherfucking Drum as a party member. This game is awesome.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Abitha Denton posted:

Honestly if this show involves Piccolo admitting he gets lonely it will be the highlight of the series.

DBZA is canon to me now so I dont think Piccolo will ever be lonely. If anything give him some more Nameks to fuse with.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

New Leaf posted:

Edit2: Another Time Patrol plotline.. hmm.. Maybe it'll turn up in Super too!

The Time Patrol appears in Super, but only doing apparently mundane things until it turns out all of the things they did was to stop Majin Beerus from showing up.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

First card in Dokkan Battle is Captain Ginyu, game has decided that it likes me and that I must create a new Ginyu force.

EDIT: the new Ginyu force is Ginyu, Android 19 and Cymbal.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 17, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thyrork posted:

Ends up finding someone cool, has fun drinking with her, life picks up.

It was DBZA variant Maron, Krillin's tax office ex-girlfriend. He ends up bankrupt.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Webbeh posted:

How can you hate this episode.

How.

krillin sux

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

sharktamer posted:

krillin sux

Get the gently caress out of this thread.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Krillin is the man.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Astro Nut posted:

Fun chapter, though more of a direct retread on BoG than last time. I'm kinda curious about one thing though:

Specifically, whether this is just a one off gag, a reference I'm not getting (since there have been a few side series), or maybe even foreshadowing?

The first thing I thought of was Godzilla.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

sharktamer posted:

krillin sux

Agreed

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

sharktamer posted:

krillin sux

Strongest human in the world. :smug:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Some Numbers posted:

Strongest human in the world. :smug:

That's a fancy way to say "#1 Jobber"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Beef Chief posted:

That's a fancy way to say "#1 Jobber"

No, that would be "Gohan."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You win this one, Some Numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Beef Chief posted:

You win this one, Some Numbers.

Notice how the only Saiyans that job have human in them?

• Locked thread