Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I only started watching this show yesterday because I am a horrible person.

I am 7 episodes in, and dreading around episode 23 when we find out the horrible sequence of events that ends in Takeo becoming Golgo 13. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Yay insecurities!~

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Saijou > Yamato

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Saijou's cute too, yeah.

By the way, Vol. 5's out now if anyone wants to read ahead. It's really good. :3:

The anime will cover it in the next couple of episodes though. Also it has the butt tree so not an anime invention.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Saijou's cute too, yeah.

By the way, Vol. 5's out now if anyone wants to read ahead. It's really good. :3:

The anime will cover it in the next couple of episodes though. Also it has the butt tree so not an anime invention.

Thanks for the reminder. I was waiting for it to come out so I could get it and a couple other volumes of stuff that came out in the last month or so.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Pfft Saijou probably can't even bake

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Suna just needs to join the track team, then we can get Suna x Saijou and be all set. Saijou isn't wrong about a couple strap and a couple wallpaper being overkill though.

Takeo and Yamato breaking up would be horrible, but the pain is lessened slightly by the knowledge that he was two girls waiting in the wings and we'll probably see at least one more before the end of the season.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
They came right up to the edge of some cliches but averted them as this show does. I'd only read the manga up to the first half of this episode so it was pretty cool seeing the story unfold without knowing what was going to happen.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The animation in this episode was largely garbage, it was super jarring and noticeable when normally their shortcuts were pretty well hidden before. Hopefully that doesn't continue.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Saijou is cute as hell!! i wish she could've joined the group without having feelings for Takeo, but i guess it's nice to see him be popular and make a connection other than Suna/Yamato.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Fangz posted:

The sad reality is that most (male) viewers aren't like Takeo, or Suna, but really the bunch of random friends Takeo has.

You could probably say the same thing about ladies and Yamato's friends. :shrug: Very few people are gonna be as ideal as our MCs.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
Saijou is Yamato with tits. If she became more obsessed with Takeo, unfortunately they'd be interchangeable. Still, I would like to see them become friends. Maybe both of them would gain some personality.

Also, "I like you as a person, can I call you master"? What the gently caress? Either that is a wonky translation or there are some cultural notes I need to read. Possibly both.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Yamato is going to eliminate Saijou, because she is two rungs up on the authority ladder as Takeo's Shisho

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

vivisecting posted:

Saijou is Yamato with tits. If she became more obsessed with Takeo, unfortunately they'd be interchangeable. Still, I would like to see them become friends. Maybe both of them would gain some personality.

Also, "I like you as a person, can I call you master"? What the gently caress? Either that is a wonky translation or there are some cultural notes I need to read. Possibly both.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shisho

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

vivisecting posted:

Viz went with Coach which I prefer, mostly because it reminds me of Gunbuster. Also more fitting since she got to know him through sports.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Ahh, looking forward to watching this when I get back from work.

I was so close to reading some bad translations of the later chapters, so it's good that volume 5 is out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

UK release of vol. 5 isn't til next month for some dumb reason so I hope you can get the U.S. one from somewhere easily. :saddowns:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
ffs, I guess I'll wait. It'll be interesting to see stuff in the anime I haven't read in the manga yet.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Viz went with Coach which I prefer, mostly because it reminds me of Gunbuster. Also more fitting since she got to know him through sports.

Yeah I though Coach made a lot more sense there as well.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

"School Days" ending coming up?

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 16, 2015

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JosephWongKS posted:

qfb

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

reported

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

JosephWongKS posted:

Yamato will eliminate Saizou, in love. She will leave Saizou alive and healthy, but leave her hopeless in love- this is Takeo Zetsubouda

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

I hope so

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are we all watching the same show?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they are not being entirely serious

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They've being terrible tho, and I don't like it. :mad:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

they are not being entirely serious

I'm entirely serious

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
When Saijou said to Takeo "let's meet at the chicken coop" I thought she was inviting him to go to some kind of chicken restaurant but no she wanted to meet at a literal chicken coop.

Also, what sort of relay event lets you carry on after someone drops the baton?

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Saijo 4 gf

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Starsnostars posted:

Pfft Saijou probably can't even bake

Takeo would enjoy eating garbage if someone he liked made it, so Yamato's baking skill is irrelevant

Towels, however

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I tried my hand at making a gif since no one else has yet. First time I've done it so it's pretty rough.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Starsnostars posted:

When Saijou said to Takeo "let's meet at the chicken coop" I thought she was inviting him to go to some kind of chicken restaurant but no she wanted to meet at a literal chicken coop.

Also, what sort of relay event lets you carry on after someone drops the baton?

I don't know much about track and field, but I don't see why dropping a baton would result in a DQ, unless you like hit the ground 20 meters from the next person on your team and throw it at your teammate on your way down or something crazy. Typically any delay on a handoff or a fall means you aren't going to win anyway.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
It's a high school meet, I'm sure they give no fucks about dropping a baton.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Im pretty hype (you can tell EVOs coming because I keep saying hype) for the next eps, I read the comics so I knew what was going to happen in all the previous eps and now I get a chance to go in blind.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same, this ep was pretty much the end of where I've read up to. I'm hoping they manage to fit the extra story from the end of vol 4 in somewhere though, that was cute.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The butt tree was the bonus story in Vol. 5 so they probably will.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Suna tried so hard to head Saijou off at the pass. :smith:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Suna is a good lad and I hope there's another suna-centric episode soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Meme Emulator posted:

Im pretty hype (you can tell EVOs coming because I keep saying hype) for the next eps, I read the comics so I knew what was going to happen in all the previous eps and now I get a chance to go in blind.

Yamato's so salty after seeing other girls show any affection for Takeo.

• Locked thread