Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Actually most if the thread has been making fun of the latest thing that a Republican candidate has said. Like at least 75% I'd guess.

Oh word? That changes everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusMS
Jan 26, 2006

Who's laughing now?
Clapping Larry

It could even be a project of his!

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
I spend my time talking about all the dumb stuff the bad doodooheads from the red team say, im a growed up and my approach to thinking about the world as a less entertaining version of WWE is defensible

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW
Hillary in undertaker makeup suplexes Jeb Bush before a roaring crowd.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

tekz posted:

700 pages of people jerking off to opinion polls and talking about politics like its sports and cheering for their fav blue team guy. Why not talk about actual things going on in the world instead, or hell just watch real sports

There is not a single good American sport that has any games scheduled in July, good sport starts October 7th.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GalacticAcid posted:

Roughly one page per GOP candidate.

I doubt any human being could manage to fill an entire page with content about Jindal.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

I doubt any human being could manage to fill an entire page with content about Jindal.

I'll start. He wishes he was white.

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW

fermun posted:

There is not a single good American sport that has any games scheduled in July, good sport starts October 7th.

idk, curling? also describes the action i'm going to be taking once the first actually attack ads start rolling down like texas rain

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

fermun posted:

You don't like Football? I don't think you should be allowed to vote if you don't like Football.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

tekz posted:

I spend my time talking about all the dumb stuff the bad doodooheads from the red team say, im a growed up and my approach to thinking about the world as a less entertaining version of WWE is defensible
Hmmm yes you raise good points.......

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Skwirl posted:

You don't like Football? I don't think you should be allowed to vote if you don't like Football.

gently caress football. It's slow as hell and full of incomprehensible rules.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

you know, the sad thing is

I really wish I could respect the GOP and Democrats. I mean I'm sure the Republican Parties had some good ideas/policies before the Reaganites systematically kicked that to the curb. Like, something actually debate worthy instead of mudslinging.... or am I just being naive and its always been a zoo?

Giving more authority to local, smaller governments (states, counties, townships) isn't an inherently evil position to take

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Giving more authority to local, smaller governments (states, counties, townships) isn't an inherently evil position to take

it is if you don't have an equitable way of funding the poorer ones

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I was just ok with football but then dreamy russell wilson came along. Also he does not have sex with hot women by choice just like I say I do.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

tekz posted:

Why does this upset you?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

JT Jag posted:

Actually most if the thread has been making fun of the latest thing that a Republican candidate has said. Like at least 75% I'd guess.

The other 25% is people arguing whether a vote for Sanders is okay or horrible.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
New Fox News Poll

Trump 18
Walker 15
Bush 14
Paul 8
Rubio 7
The rest have scraps. Pataki over Graham tho!

Interestingly, they quoted Trump's 'rapists' quote and asked people if they agreed with it.
44% Yes
53% No

Should Congress continue to investigate Benghazi?
47% Yes
49% Move on

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FireSight posted:

gently caress football. It's slow as hell and full of incomprehensible rules.

If football is too complicated for you the primary system must be a god damned nightmare.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ComradeCosmobot posted:

And Bernie fans who figure the best way to support him is to try and tear down the person he intends to endorse.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

ComradeCosmobot posted:

It's closer to people arguing whether a vote for Clinton is okay or horrible. Most people seem to like Bernie, the arguments are more over whether or not he can win the primary, and whether he's actually the last best hope for mankind or a politician running for office.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Skwirl posted:

If football is too complicated for you the primary system must be a god damned nightmare.

look buddy if you can't figure out super delegate apportionment at a glance I dunno what to tell ya

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

A Bag of Milk posted:

New Fox News Poll

Trump 18
Walker 15
Bush 14
Paul 8
Rubio 7
The rest have scraps. Pataki over Graham tho!

Interestingly, they quoted Trump's 'rapists' quote and asked people if they agreed with it.
44% Yes
53% No

Should Congress continue to investigate Benghazi?
47% Yes
49% Move on

Good. Good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bob Ojeda posted:

It's closer to people arguing whether a vote for Clinton is okay or horrible. Most people seem to like Bernie, the arguments are more over whether or not he can win the primary, and whether he's actually the last best hope for mankind or a politician running for office.

If you want to vote for Bernie vote for Bernie. I get really annoyed with people who think Hillary is barely better than any of the republicans. At the very least she openly believes in global warming and evolution and doesn't want to start a war with Iran which i don't think you can say about any of the republicans. Also I bet she wants to expand our healthcare policies at a federal level instead of shrink them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

look buddy if you can't figure out super delegate apportionment at a glance I dunno what to tell ya

I was criticizing someone for being unable to understand the second most entertaining sport in existence (Presidential politics being the first), but seriously football is awesome.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ill protect the very seriousness of this thread from the gbs hordes, have no fear

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

I was criticizing someone for being unable to understand the second most entertaining sport in existence (Presidential politics being the first), but seriously football is awesome.

No you're wrong

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Skwirl posted:

At the very least she doesn't want to start a war with Iran
This one is maybe debatable actually

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Cool graph from Fivethirtyeight:

Incredible how much money Jeb is pulling in.

Presumably, Walker is relying on his PACs rather than direct donations.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

JT Jag posted:

This one is maybe debatable actually

Oh yeah, forgot, she, alongside most of the US was tricked into voting for a war, so she looooooooves death.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't want to meddle any more in the Middle East than we have to. I don't feel comfortable with Hillary in this regard.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well she's certainly going to protect the Iran deal. I don't get the feeling she particularly gives a gently caress about "fixing" Iraq either. But she hasn't really talked about ISIS yet so who knows. A strong Iran is probably the best containment strategy for ISIS anyway.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fulchrum posted:

Oh yeah, forgot, she, alongside most of the US was tricked into voting for a war, so she looooooooves death.
She's actually just generally super-pro Israel, more than the average Dem

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
True but she already came out for the Iran deal.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Skwirl posted:

The primary system might have more difficult rules but they matter less in the end. Watching the rules get rewritten on the fly is part of the fun!

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Fulchrum posted:

Hah, "tricked".

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Oh yeah, I forgot that part where the group of advisers who planned the whole loving thing included a who's who of Republican Armchair General vets, and a Democratic Senator from New York. Awfully nice of Bush to let her help plan the whole thing.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

JT Jag posted:

She's actually just generally super-pro Israel, more than the average Dem

I'm a need some sources on that last bit, given most of the Democrats seem equally pro Israel with Obama being the exception.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bqhatevwr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If you think congress was 'tricked' into voting for the Iraq war I've got a New American Century to sell ya.

• Locked thread