Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart

KoldPT posted:

Mine's 1776972259

3214991448 Frieza mainer here this game IS friendly

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

MPLS to NOLA posted:

2806685237 Guldo mainer here

I'm 2017079980. Sending requests to people.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
After quite a few months on iOS, tactics game Warhammer 40K: Space Wolf is out on Android.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I've been enjoying Alphabear lately (from the people who made Triple Town) but are there any similar Boggle-like games that don't require an internet connection to play? I don't mind paying a few dollars for the right game.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Man I played through Sorcery on the plane and couldn't carry over my save because the loving CLOUD.

Anyway, are there any other Sorcery-like games?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

cyberia posted:

I've been enjoying Alphabear lately (from the people who made Triple Town) but are there any similar Boggle-like games that don't require an internet connection to play? I don't mind paying a few dollars for the right game.

WHERE THE gently caress IS BOOKWORM!?!

It's like, Popcap came out with perfect mobile games 5 years too early and, for some reason, EA thinks they'd rather ruin franchises with F2P bullshit than just put out a $3 easy port of Bookworm.

In other news, I really love Highrise Word Heroes, which is F2P normally, but I have a "premium" version through Humble Bundle that doesn't do any of the F2P stuff. I don't know if that's available through the play store, though.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

Star Wars: Uprising is out in soft launch in a few territories (:australia: for one). Its a dungeon crawler in the same vein as Marvel Future Fight, set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. It should be out worldwide in the lead up to the new film.

Man I want this soooooo bad but it is not available in the US yet.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

cyberia posted:

Try Spelltower.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

mrkillboy posted:

For any Dragon Ball fans Bandai Namco have released a new game called DRAGON BALL Z DOKKAN BATTLE. Pocket Gamer says its some kind of puzzle/board game hybrid; I tried to watch a video of the gameplay but all it did was leave me even more confused.

I've been playing for about 10 minutes and I don't understand anything that's happening. I think it's building a party to have synergistic bonuses and then figuring out how to maximize your ki to do more damage? It's weird, but very Dragon Ball if that's your thing. I got Goku to start, but I'm not sure if that's normal or not?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

chunkles posted:

Man I played through Sorcery on the plane and couldn't carry over my save because the loving CLOUD.

Anyway, are there any other Sorcery-like games?

I assume you've played 80 Days?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

victorious posted:

Try Spelltower.

I will give it a go.

Until then I'll jump on the alphabear bandwagon with this:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Echophonic posted:

I've been playing for about 10 minutes and I don't understand anything that's happening. I think it's building a party to have synergistic bonuses and then figuring out how to maximize your ki to do more damage? It's weird, but very Dragon Ball if that's your thing. I got Goku to start, but I'm not sure if that's normal or not?

It's not, you get a random Super Rare but it doesn't seem to pull out of the full roster. You really just want to cover the spread of colors and set up good connections for your heavy hitters. I'm having a loving blast with it.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Sent a guild invite and a couple friend invites in Dragon Blaze.

Character/account name is Hilarity

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

mrkillboy posted:

After quite a few months on iOS, tactics game Warhammer 40K: Space Wolf is out on Android.

Thanks for the constant updates. This game if 491mb for those interested.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
What happens if you get all the dragonballs in Dokkan Battle?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

mrkillboy posted:

Star Wars: Uprising is out in soft launch in a few territories (:australia: for one). Its a dungeon crawler in the same vein as Marvel Future Fight, set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. It should be out worldwide in the lead up to the new film.

Goddamnit it's not in Europe either. :(

Anyone know how decent it is?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Drone posted:

Goddamnit it's not in Europe either. :(

Anyone know how decent it is?

I played for a bit and I found the game to be a bit simple and kind of repetitive. The gameplay is mostly tap based running around levels and shooting at enemies. The missions are pretty short, and in my short time I didn't see much variety to them. Mission hubs also act as online lobbies and while there's co-op I didn't check it out.

The game does look rather nice however, and there's a lot of loot to customize the look of your character (you create your own character rather than play someone established like Han Solo or something). The best part of the game is the music though, for obvious reasons.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jul 17, 2015

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Even though it's nonsensical, I'm 491268184 in Dragonball boardgame funtimes.

beef express
Sep 7, 2005

The highest technique is to have no technique.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

They really screwed up the bear collecting part of the game, and I'm glad I held off on buying it. I'm not going to pay 5bux for a game where I can be locked out of certain features forever, without ever being warned beforehand.

According to the Spryfox twitter, they're working on something that will let you collect missed bears.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

beef express posted:

According to the Spryfox twitter, they're working on something that will let you collect missed bears.

$3.99 per bear IAP. :)

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

The option to go back for bears was added this morning.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

PeePot posted:

The option to go back for bears was added this morning.

Awesome! Doggy Bear concurs:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Since TheoTown came out I haven't heard much talk about it here. Thoughts from people playing it?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Longbaugh01 posted:

Since TheoTown came out I haven't heard much talk about it here. Thoughts from people playing it?

Its okay needs more depth its a good start but I wiuld consider it a pretty alpha game.. needs tool tips more details in how much you can support with x version of y, also needs advisers.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
It's fun but very clearly an alpha. He's implemented a neat UI scaling feature which makes it easy to touch and place stuff but there's not much to do really. Right now the basic gameplay loop is place RCI plots -> utilities -> increase attractiveness -> more RCI plots.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Longbaugh01 posted:

It's like an alpha version of the SNES SimCity. I only played it for a half an hour because while I built all the basic services I could, there were sad faces over every house with no way to figure out what they wanted. Also nothing builds on zoned squares not adjacent to roads, so I had to have roads every third square, which looks stupid and fake.

Honestly it shouldn't have been released in the current state. It's so basic and clunky with no information or tutorial or feedback, it's not even up to "lovely early access Steam game" standards.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Okay so I got all the dragonballs in Dokkan Battle. You get a choice between a bunch of wishes like getting dragon stones and character slots, a bunch of items, raising your team cost and giving you rare awakening medals, and one that increases the item slots you take into battle. I took the dragon stones and characters slots, got ten of each. Wouldn't recommend actually spending dragon stones on getting more character slots since you can just wish for them it seems like.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

It's not, you get a random Super Rare but it doesn't seem to pull out of the full roster. You really just want to cover the spread of colors and set up good connections for your heavy hitters. I'm having a loving blast with it.

Now that I've sorted out the colors, I like it a lot more. It looks like once you hit all the different kinds of awakening medals for someone, they go up a rarity and become Super *type*. I awakened the starter Tien twice and now he has type advantage over other Str characters. Also got lucky and pulled a SR Android 16 to give me a good Phy dude. Also snagged Kid Gohan from the Radittz event and he's pretty good.

My Id is 1487212337.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 17, 2015

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Should definitely try to get the SR Vegita from the event going on too.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Trainmonk posted:

Should definitely try to get the SR Vegita from the event going on too.

How tough is that to do?

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Echophonic posted:

How tough is that to do?

The first difficulty was easy but it's probably a low drop rate, I didn't get him there. I got him on the medium difficulty first try and it wasn't exactly easy but I think it's doable for most people. I'd stock some healing items and do your best to partner up with a SSR person or a SR at around level 25+ if you can manage it. He's worth it I think.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Trainmonk posted:

The first difficulty was easy but it's probably a low drop rate, I didn't get him there. I got him on the medium difficulty first try and it wasn't exactly easy but I think it's doable for most people. I'd stock some healing items and do your best to partner up with a SSR person or a SR at around level 25+ if you can manage it. He's worth it I think.

I'm on my 6th or 7th run and still no luck. Hard is really good XP at any rate.

I'm really impressed with how Z-Awakened Characters perform. Super STR Tien and Super TEQ Yamcha are doing damned nice work. They hit and take damage neutrally against what they were normally weak against and are strong against same type. Awakening is definitely worth the effort. I got a R Chiaotzu and between Kid Gohan's Leader ability and Super Tien, this is a great team for dealing with Vegeta with only a little healing. Just throw Chiaotzu in front of a Galick Gun, it's great.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The devs of Alphabear gave everyone 400 free coins, improved the daily challenge design, and added a way to go back to previous chapters.

They also said all of it in a really nice, well written thank you message. I think they might be the beary best developers out there :3:

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
If you can reliably take him down then it's only a matter of time. He's good and his leader skill, plus 3 to ki for agi, seems really strong if you can field a team for it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I managed to take him down the first try but drat the dude hits like a truck.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Trainmonk posted:

If you can reliably take him down then it's only a matter of time. He's good and his leader skill, plus 3 to ki for agi, seems really strong if you can field a team for it.

3 Ki? Wow. I have an SR AGI Goku and an SR Burter. That'd be horrifying. I know where all my stamina is going.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I assume you've played 80 Days?

No I haven't, I'll check it out thanks.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Echophonic posted:

3 Ki? Wow. I have an SR AGI Goku and an SR Burter. That'd be horrifying. I know where all my stamina is going.

Yeah I've been trying him a little with some agi characters and that 3 ki makes getting super attacks or whatever so simple.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Stumbled upon "resources"
Seems like an interesting game.. locstuon based, resource management, with a player based market / economy, plus you can attack and take over others stuff..
Haven't played a ton yet but seems cool enough to keep me interested for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Trainmonk posted:

Yeah I've been trying him a little with some agi characters and that 3 ki makes getting super attacks or whatever so simple.

Basically gently caress Vegeta at this point. I'm on like my 15th run. Oh well, I'm getting buried in medals and items.

Edit: Of course I get him after I complain. Sweet.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 18, 2015