Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

muscles like this? posted:

After he gets the laser arm thing he blows up a billboard for Star Wars.

That's pretty accurate to how he looks late in the movie.

I will always maintain that Laserblast is the template Green Lantern should've followed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Looked up Raiders of Atlantis and found this:

I've had the dubious pleasure of seeing this movie.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

LORD OF BUTT posted:

On the other hand, Kick rear end and Kingsman. People are okay with edgy comic book movies nowadays.

I'm pretty sure no studio is going to put into production the out and out rapes, murders, gay bashing, founding your own religion or drug use that is kind of the tip of the later arcs of the Authority.

I mean the Ellis arc only involves murdering God, killing all the world's superheros and maybe gay sex with Captain America.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

I've had the dubious pleasure of seeing this movie.

Same here, although if you could stand Ninja Terminator, you make it through this one.

The Robo-Warrior is laughably bad but there's surprisingly some choice ghost titties in this.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Young Freud posted:

Same here, although if you could stand Ninja Terminator, you make it through this one.

The Robo-Warrior is laughably bad but there's surprisingly some choice ghost titties in this.

I have the flick courtesy of Youtube, but haven't subjected myself (or Z-grade loving friends) to it yet. Possibly going to need larger amounts of alcohol than usual.

WARLORDS OF ATLANTIS was a pretty decent mid-afternoon timewaster.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

sbaldrick posted:

I mean the Ellis arc only involves murdering God, killing all the world's superheros and maybe gay sex with Captain America.

Hey, they were planning to do the full trilogy from The Golden Compass.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Distorted Kiwi posted:

I have the flick courtesy of Youtube, but haven't subjected myself (or Z-grade loving friends) to it yet. Possibly going to need larger amounts of alcohol than usual.

WARLORDS OF ATLANTIS was a pretty decent mid-afternoon timewaster.

Y'know what gets me about Z-grade movies? Almost all of them have the same weird pacing. Like shots will cut too early and then linger too long almost on a schedule. I can handle bad dialog and effects but it sets my teeth on edge when the editing is poo poo for no good reason.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

There are few things in this world that can melt out your mind like a Godfrey Ho movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED-QVfnUASM

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
This is really, really poor advertising.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Let's piggyback off... Antman?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"HEROES DONT GET ANY"

I am sure in the actual print you can read "BIGGER" but here.... :lol:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Heroes Don't Get Anty!

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CelticPredator posted:

Heroes Don't Get Anty!

except for when they do!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait for Incel-Man. I think Marvel's really got a handle on their target demo.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ALFbrot posted:

It's actually hilarious after you've seen Ant-Man, but probably not in a way you'd think. One of the (Ant-Man spoilers) test animals they use to see if the not-Pym particles work is a lamb. The test does not go well.

I'm not jealous of the marketing guy who has to explain to his manager tomorrow that they had no way of knowing a scene like that would be in the film.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I mean, I don't even know what it's advertising and I tried Google. Is there a new movie called Lamb?! Is there a new animated film involving sheep? What movie is that even?

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

TheFallenEvincar posted:

What movie is that even?

It's the 'Shaun the Sheep' movie, and it's clearly just a gag poster meant for the established fanbase of the Aardman Animations television series - a spin off of Wallace and Gromit. I'm guessing it was posted to relevant social media accounts, hardly being very confussing in context, unlike in this thread.

westborn fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 18, 2015

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have weirdly watched episodes of Shaun the Sheep. It's funny in the same way as Wallace and Gromit.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I used to watch a lot of Shuan the Sheep in college ... for whatever reason.

It's slapsticky and cute. Yeah, like Wallace and Gromit. It's very sweet and Shaun is adorbs

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

ALFbrot posted:

What's it like in your mind?

westborn posted:

It's the 'Shaun the Sheep' movie, and it's clearly just a gag poster meant for the established fanbase of the Aardman Animations television series - a spin off of Wallace and Gromit. I'm guessing it was posted to relevant social media accounts, hardly being very confussing in context, unlike in this thread.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Lizard Combatant posted:

What's it like in your mind?

Pretty boss, actually.

I am not fond of parody posters, less so when they're parodying not-exactly-iconic posters, and I tend to think that you should include at least the name of your film and not a completely different name that shares no words.

If you're aiming at an established fan base who are already going to see the movie, what's the point?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

ALFbrot posted:

If you're aiming at an established fan base who are already going to see the movie, what's the point?
Because social media engagement and loyalty-based brand management are as much a fundamental part of modern marketing as trailers/advertisements?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I heard that movie was garbage but the poster looks really cool

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I've heard great things about Turbo Kid and that poster just reinforces my desire to see it.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Rurea posted:

I heard that movie was garbage but the poster looks really cool

Vegetable posted:

I've heard great things about Turbo Kid and that poster just reinforces my desire to see it.
Well now I just don't know what to think!!!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
What we really needed was a retro mashup of Solarbabies and Spacehunter. :smithicide:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Man I'm getting real tired of THE 80S WERE SO WACKY YOU GUYS

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Erebus posted:

Don't worry, we're going to have a 90sploitation movie phase soon enough. :unsmigghh:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Oh man can't wait for the Reality Bites reboot!

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Erebus posted:

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
hey here's a movie/game/song/show styled after how liberal media remembers the 80's

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Will there be legwarmers and Members Only jackets?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Erebus posted:

Just wait until Spielberg's Ready Player One comes out.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dick Trauma posted:

Oh man can't wait for the Reality Bites reboot!

This got me wondering what an Empire Records reboot would look like. Oh no, someone's going to buy out our music streaming startup! ON REX MANNING DAY!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Erebus posted:

I was in my 20s at the start of the '80s...You think you're tired of them?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

That said I have major appreciation for movies that actually capture an earlier period properly without packing it with misremembered or hyped bullshit. I just saw Milk this weekend and they did a good job with the early to mid 1970s. It didn't look like people wearing seventies costumes (a la American Hustle.)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Kikka posted:

hey here's a movie/game/song/show styled after how liberal media remembers the 80's

So....American Psycho?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dick Trauma posted:

That said I have major appreciation for movies that actually capture an earlier period properly without packing it with misremembered or hyped bullshit. I just saw Milk this weekend and they did a good job with the early to mid 1970s. It didn't look like people wearing seventies costumes (a la American Hustle.)

It goes a little overboard in parts but I found Inherent Vice to be very much like this, rather than a wig parade like American Hustle. The period stuff in Inherent Vice was just a reminder that people back then did not have a loving clue how to dress themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It goes a little overboard in parts but I found Inherent Vice to be very much like this, rather than a wig parade like American Hustle. The period stuff in Inherent Vice was just a reminder that people back then did not have a loving clue how to dress themselves.

I forgot to mention that one, which I saw two weeks ago. The overall hippy-dippy vibe was well-executed and Brolin was perfect.