Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I'm gonna try this thread poster DICKHEAD's vicky 2 mod that balkanizes the entire earth

it runs really slow for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Play as Wisconsin.

i tried playing as sikh empire but im too loving broke to do anything and afghtnistan invaded to gently caress my rear end

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

did it give him kinslayer?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Rofl. Don't ever try using no cb wars to get Spain is the Emperor. Literally all of western Europe in a coalition war ftw.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Let's get SA to have a bigger and better list of servers. Hopefully with a lot of variety so people can game at leisure(suit larry)...

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

BBJoey posted:

did it give him kinslayer?

[Jim Gaffigan voice]THE HONORABLE KING SLAYAH...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm thinking of attempting a world conquest...

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Knuc U Kinte posted:

At least you can articulate it better than Scott Steiner ever could all in less than a fraction of a second.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I might try one as a Nomad on CK2... The new DLC really fixed a lot of stuff that was super gay that I hated. Why they didn't fix those things right away like the EU4 team tends to do, who knows.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I've played all the paradox games to death but haven't given vicky2 a try since its initial release cause when it released it was kinda ho-hum compared to vicky1. How is it now and would it be worth it to buy the dlcs or is it functional on its own just from tthe normal paradox updates or is it not worth it either way?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

apropos to nothing posted:

I've played all the paradox games to death but haven't given vicky2 a try since its initial release cause when it released it was kinda ho-hum compared to vicky1. How is it now and would it be worth it to buy the dlcs or is it functional on its own just from tthe normal paradox updates or is it not worth it either way?

I would also be interested in this. I own it but haven't really tried to play it yet.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I actually got to like it better than CK and EU once I got the hang on it...

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah the original vicky was my favorite paradox game after they patched it to oblivion back in the day but I remember 2 being underwhelming when it was released. did you ever play the first vicky plutonis? how does it compare to the original?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i only played 2 and it was after it was already fully patched and with all xpacs, sorry...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

On an unrelated note: I kinda wish there was a list of good mapgame mods on the OP. I use the /gsg/ and new nations one on Vicky 2, but there is no list of cool EU4 mods on the Games thread and I don't know which are good and which are not and the CK2 thread only has some loving terrible ones.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All of the gameplay mods I've tried for EU4 are insanely boring, broken, or slow the game down by adding 5000 provinces for no reason.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

All of the gameplay mods I've tried for EU4 are insanely boring, broken, or slow the game down by adding 5000 provinces for no reason.

One of hte most popular ones on the worshop is the one that changes the country name font to comic sans and switches the country icons to Balls, from the Poland Ball meme.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

yeah the original vicky was my favorite paradox game after they patched it to oblivion back in the day but I remember 2 being underwhelming when it was released. did you ever play the first vicky plutonis? how does it compare to the original?

vicky 2 doesn't have pop micromanagement like 1, being able to upgrade your rgos, instant reinforcements at the cost of morale, you can now pick any available tech to research instead of that weird random nonsense, there's no choice to make between Jovian and Clausewitz thought, there's no 1914 or 1880 scenario, no tech-trading, and uncivs can't research tech. On the plus side the diplomacy side of v2 is far better with the expansion packs.

Most importantly though vicky 2 doesn't have the house hohenzollern mod.

hth

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh also vicky 2 uses regiments instead of divisions for army units.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

One of hte most popular ones on the worshop is the one that changes the country name font to comic sans and switches the country icons to Balls, from the Poland Ball meme.

All of the mapmods I use right now are broken in the hotfix

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stairmaster posted:

vicky 2 doesn't have pop micromanagement like 1, being able to upgrade your rgos, instant reinforcements at the cost of morale, you can now pick any available tech to research instead of that weird random nonsense, there's no choice to make between Jovian and Clausewitz thought, there's no 1914 or 1880 scenario, no tech-trading, and uncivs can't research tech. On the plus side the diplomacy side of v2 is far better with the expansion packs.

Most importantly though vicky 2 doesn't have the house hohenzollern mod.

hth

Whats a good way to get into Vicky. Where is the England or Ireland for Vicky.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Whats a good way to get into Vicky. Where is the England or Ireland for Vicky.

Brazil, I believe.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Brazil, I believe.

Sweden is an easy one too.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Brazil's pretty good in both vickys. You don't really have any neighboring threats so its a low-pressure introduction to the military side and it's easy to become a great power and try out colonization. The only downside is industrialization is slow because of a lack of coal or iron. There's also Japan which has no real opponents in its neighborhood but you have to deal with the civilization system which is kind of poo poo in both Victoria's but once you civilize you get to make Asia your bitch. In victoria 2 there's Sweden that can form a scandaniavan mega-state which only requires one war with denmark but it might be dicey for a new player if you have to deal with prussia too.

UK is a bad pick as it's a globe spanning empire.

e: The first time I played victoria 2 I picked them and somehow ended up in a war with brazil&united states before 1840.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 19, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

On Brazil you start as the big boy of South America with excellent resources and unless you try to gently caress with the Guyanas the Europeans won't go after you, not to mention you can easily become a Great Power and just have to worry about the USA up there.

Sweden starts with good resources as well, is on Europe but far enough to not get involved with the clusterfuck and is the darling of Paradox so you can form Scandinavia, but the Russians are thirsty for your Finnish provinces.

e: Stairmaster said it better ehhh

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Has anyone in this thread done a world conquest? It looks like Castile might be in the best position to do it because of Iberian wedding and in the best position to murder the other colonists.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've had a few really good starts but honestly I just don't find it very fun to endlessly conquer people. If I try at it it's pretty easy to hit 1000-1250 development well before Imperialism and admin efficiency become available. unfortunately by then, most nearby powers are also allied to 6 other big dudes and it's like, i don't want to spend 30 minutes playing whack a mole with lovely armies that get through my fort rings somehow just to gain a few provinces

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Has anyone in this thread done a world conquest? It looks like Castile might be in the best position to do it because of Iberian wedding and in the best position to murder the other colonists.

Ottomans are definitely you're best bet.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
advantage of christian nations is PUs speeding things up dramatically, I think.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Hm. I guess so, one guy managed to one tag WC with Ottos

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That's win.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Ottomans are definitely you're best bet.

Yeah, no.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Let's play as the ottomans and France and post about it online! :iamafag: Poland is white.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

why make world conquest, the shittiest, dullest end goal possible, harder on yourself by not picking the best nation for it?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The first time I played as Victoria 2 I played as Oranje and kept trying until I finally secured #2 great power for the Boers through prestige alone.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

That's win.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BBJoey posted:

why make world conquest, the shittiest, dullest end goal possible, harder on yourself by not picking the best nation for it?

Actually, according to my research, it's easiest to do as Castile.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Pewdiepie posted:

The first time I played as Victoria 2 I played as Oranje and kept trying until I finally secured #2 great power for the Boers through prestige alone.

lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean that one guy on the forums managed to one-tag as Ryukyu pre-El Dorado.

Then again he got an extremely lucky dynasty change to Hapsburgs and got a bunch of PUs because Hapsburgs spread their AIDS everywhere, IIRC. Also the Iberians and English kept getting bogged down in wars so they weren't very strong, making it easy to steal colonies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
There is no way to one tag as pretty much anyone but ottos due to the insane Admin AIDS coring requirements post CS