Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

The Devil Tesla posted:

Taichi and Arata are both real cool but Taichi is doomed, yall.
Of course he is. Chihaya's gonna marry half of a Karuta deck (the other half is Shinobu's).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Call me when the Maxx gets a movie.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

The Devil Tesla posted:

I love every Chihaya kissing Taichi post because it's been pretty obvious from the start that it's not going to happen. It's like when people rooted for the werewolf in vampire romance series Twilight, you might be right on some level but you're also doomed from the start.

Unlike the characters in twilight, the great characters in Chihayafuru will amount to something

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Kuwabara has to face his toughest opponent yet...a small child!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
GZ what do you think of YYH up to this point, because it is literally one of my favorite animes of all time.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Kuwabara sucks.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

WickedHate posted:

GZ what do you think of YYH up to this point, because it is literally one of my favorite animes of all time.

I've seen most of it before, I'm just rewatching it. It's really good, one of my favorite shonen series.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

pon alien posted:

Kuwabara sucks.

Quote for ban.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

so, any time in the past ten years?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

GorfZaplen posted:

I've seen most of it before, I'm just rewatching it. It's really good, one of my favorite shonen series.

Hell yeah.

pon alien posted:

Kuwabara sucks.

Kuwabara is awesome because he keeps trying despite the monumental disadvantage he's always at. He always comes close even if he doesn't outright win. Plus, the Seaman fight was a great victory for him.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

TOGURO'S NOT DEAD!?

Oh man you are in for a blast.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Would Batman or Superman win in a game of Karuta?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Togashi really likes yo-yos, doesn't he?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

pon alien posted:

Kuwabara sucks.

You finally crossed the line.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

WickedHate posted:

GorfZaplen posted:

While it's somewhat of a rote subject, I'd actually be interested to know what everyone in the thread's favorite anime are.

Let's go with our top ten for maximum clickbait points. Order doesn't matter unless you want it to.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

While it's somewhat of a rote subject, I'd actually be interested to know what everyone in the thread's favorite anime are.

Let's go with our top ten for maximum clickbait points. Order doesn't matter unless you want it to.

I don't know what my top ten are, but Giant Robo, Big O and Mind Game are all definitely in my top 5.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You can think on it. Doesn't even have to be ten exactly. I just find it interesting to know what people's favorites are.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
End of Eva, Mind Game, Ping Pong, Little Witch Academia, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, 3/4ths of Nadia...

and yeah, Yu Yu Hakusho.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 18, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

littleorv posted:

Adding it to my ridiculously huge backlog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1fSmptANOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bad Seafood posted:

Off hand, without putting any major thought into it, I'd say Hellsing (Ultimate), JJBA, YuYu Hakusho, G Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Cyborg 009, Persona 4, and Outlaw Star. Maaaaybe the original Yu Gi Oh(good, bad, such terms are meaningless, it's a blast to watch).

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

1. Giant Robo
  2. Legend of the Galactic Heroes
  3. Baccano!
  4. Millennium Actress
  5. Cowboy Bebop
  6. Ouran High School Host Club
  7. Samurai Champloo
  8. Redline
  9. FLCL
  10. Paranoia Agent
Those last two shift from time to time but the rest is fairly consistent.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Okay. In no particular order:

Steins;Gate
Madoka Magica
The Tatami Galaxy
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Cowboy Bebop
Ouran High School
Full Metal Panic? fumoffu
The Daily Lives of High School Boys
Chihayafuru
Baccano

Gintama is stuck at 11 unfortunately.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I kinda want Dragon Ball on that list somewhere. I always liked the original series way more than Z. I just like Hakusho a lot more than Dragon Ball.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I kinda want Dragon Ball on that list somewhere. I always liked the original series way more than Z.

I'm extremely critical of the franchise, especially with how it handled everyone not named Goku, but I can't help it. I love it, man. It's practically a part of who I am, seared into the fabric of my being.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:hr:, wolf children, the tatami galaxy

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I missed the Dragon Ball train growing up but I've been getting into it recently and it's pretty fun so far.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I love the Gintama manga but I'd better get around to watching the anime.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

There's so many anime that I like that after five it's too hard to decide. It's really hard to rank them, too, I like them all for their own reasons.

1. Giant Robo
2. Big O
2. Mind Game
2. Galaxy Express 999 Film Duology
2. Ashita no Joe
2. etc...

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

in no particular order

Mushi-Shi
Kino's Journey (S2 of this please :sigh:)
Shirobako
Sound! Euphonium
Steins; Gate
SNAFU
Baccano!
Ouran High School
FMA: Brotherhood
Chaika

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I love the Gintama manga but I'd better get around to watching the anime.

The anime is supposed to be a lot better than the manga from what I've heard.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I give 0 fucks about any of your plebeian anime lists.

In other news I just spend 20k fuel building a hundred cruisers so I could get Abubukuma.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

pon alien posted:

I give 0 fucks about any of your plebeian anime lists.

In other news I just spend 20k fuel building a hundred cruisers so I could get Abubukuma.

Please share your fave anime with us, kancolle posting guy.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

I can't think of a full list (probably because I'm lazy and haven't seen that many series), but Gintama and Nichibros are great for rewatches. Cardcaptor Sakura is my go-to nostalgia show (though the last third is eeehhh).

I doubt I'll ever watch it again, but coming years off the manga, I thought the Death Note anime was very well done.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

I missed the Dragon Ball train growing up but I've been getting into it recently and it's pretty fun so far.

I liked Dragon Ball a lot at first but I fell in love with it during and after the Red Ribbon Saga.

WickedHate posted:

I'm extremely critical of the franchise, especially with how it handled everyone not named Goku, but I can't help it. I love it, man. It's practically a part of who I am, seared into the fabric of my being.

Z started out great and ended up OK (up until the end of the cell saga) but I think Dragon Ball is better in every way.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 18, 2015

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

GorfZaplen posted:

I don't owe you anything.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

pon alien posted:

we are all friends here, in the fourth general anime chat thread on the something awful dot com forums

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

pon alien posted:

You're right: share it with us from the goodness of your heart.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I liked Dragon Ball a lot at first but I fell in love with it during and after the Red Ribbon Saga.

Red Ribbon arc is loving win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EomNscL69RU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I love it because it's Goku taking on an entire army on his own, and winning. It's more badass and over the top than most of Z.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Z started out great and ended up OK (up until the end of the cell saga) but I think Dragon Ball is better in every way.
I'm still in the first tournament arc where they introduce Krillin.

I'd have made more progress but Hulu sucks for watching anime.

• Locked thread