Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Read posted:

Why did you put a giant woman chained to posts in a bikini in your arena?

How else do you get dragons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Read posted:

He's clearly got an inside track to the upcoming Barbarian invasion event and is preparing Thulsa Doom style accordingly.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Read posted:

Plot twist, woman's bindings are fake, helps deal with annoying invasion. :getin:

Tenbux McGee
Jun 23, 2005
I had :tenbux:

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Is there an effective way to use heart statues to just constantly spit out hearts so that you could live through bosses easier?

Other than a timer? No. The statues will, however, refuse to output hearts/stars if there are 10 hearts/stars already present anywhere in the world. Save and Exit will clear the problem. I had this problem yesterday and sat around wondering how I screwed up the wiring.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
so i have a map with multiple crimson biomes, but under my pyramid is a small little bubble of corrupt grass. no corrupt dirt, stone or blocks... just grass. A: am i still going to get crimson on hardmode and B: can i use this to somehow make a cool combined crimson/corruption biome or something? is this little bubble going to infect after hardmode if i leave it alone?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Read posted:

He's summoning the King Kong boss.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Verviticus posted:

so i have a map with multiple crimson biomes, but under my pyramid is a small little bubble of corrupt grass. no corrupt dirt, stone or blocks... just grass. A: am i still going to get crimson on hardmode and B: can i use this to somehow make a cool combined crimson/corruption biome or something? is this little bubble going to infect after hardmode if i leave it alone?

It'll probably start spreading faster but make sure it doesn't get overwritten by the beam of crimson that'll shoot out from the center of the map. If crimson is your primary evil biome, you're still going to get crimson.

Also yeah you can make a cool combo-biome. For less materials than you probably think you need.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Verviticus posted:

Underground, moss can grow in various colors, including red and purple. It probably isn't actually corrupt grass, sorry to say.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah if you didn't plant it there, it's probably not corruption. I don't think there's any way to get corruption on a crimson world or crimson on a corrupt world naturally.

Just make a new corruption world and grab some ebonstone and build your own biome

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
This is what I've been working on.

The easy part's (mostly) over. Now to do the hard mode stuff. :shepicide:

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Yeah, I was going for a Conan/Temple of Doom vibe for my arena, for those of you wondering. The statue was meant to be holding up two torches next to the pillars rather than being chained to them. I've tweaked the design of the goddess statue a bit(partly so that the heart lanterns would cover more of the arena).

Now she's flipping off the world with two middle fingers of blue fire. :black101:

You can also see where I've added the heart and star statues. Maybe I'll search for more later, but I should deal with one of those mechanical bosses so that I can get a Clentaminator and start trying to get the crimson back under control.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Fishron may be cute, but goddamn is it slow. Is the UFO better?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 18, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Lone Badger posted:

Go through some liquid with Fishron.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

RatHat posted:

Go through some liquid with Fishron.

Bubble blocks can also suspend water/honey to make boost blocks: http://gfycat.com/IdioticUntimelyCommongonolek

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do minions attack the Martian probe? I could see that being a problem.

EDIT: By the way, since the invasion isn't time based like the Pumpkin/Frost Moons can you just not kill anything and farm saucers?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

RatHat posted:

Do minions attack the Martian probe? I could see that being a problem.

EDIT: By the way, since the invasion isn't time based like the Pumpkin/Frost Moons can you just not kill anything and farm saucers?

They do, I remember my Stardust Dragon shooting ahead and assaulting more than one probe. And isn't there some bug that stops the saucers spawning after a point?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Matrim posted:

Bubble blocks can also suspend water/honey to make boost blocks: http://gfycat.com/IdioticUntimelyCommongonolek

Doesn't need to be a full block of liquid either, my moon lord highway was just a thin layer of honey.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They do, I remember my Stardust Dragon shooting ahead and assaulting more than one probe. And isn't there some bug that stops the saucers spawning after a point?

That got fixed in the latest patch. I still don't see many though.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Last I played before this patch I just kinda quit around the mechanical bosses. The grinding necessary for getting effective equipment for various bosses just didn't do it for me.

Now I've made my way back to hard mode and took down the Destroyer with the Stormbow and the underworld arrows hooooooly smokes

The yoyo that randomly drops from the winter biome in hardmode is the best thing and should be the first priority after defeating the WoF

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So I JUST started hardmode, found the Skeleton mechant and bought the yoyo glove and gradient, got an Amarok from some Ice monster (so I lost that money on the first yoyo but whatevs) then killed like five floaty gross and one dropped the crimson key.

So a good start, overall.

What's a decent number of altars to smash? I think I smashed like 9 or 12 and it feels like enough.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Keep in mind each altar you smash spawns a very small patch of hallow or corruption/crimson to appear in your world. That said, I smashed 9.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

I'm gearing up to fight Plantera. I have the shotbow and a daedalus. Is my frozen armor going to be good enough or should I upgrade to chlorophyte?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tyty posted:

I'm gearing up to fight Plantera. I have the shotbow and a daedalus. Is my frozen armor going to be good enough or should I upgrade to chlorophyte?

You could potentially make shroomite armor now, but you need a big mushroom farm to get it in any decent amount of time.

e: Nvm that's right after Planty. The only armor at that tier that you can make before Plantera is the turtle armor, I guess.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You could potentially make shroomite armor now, but you need a big mushroom farm to get it in any decent amount of time.

Not until Plantera's dead.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Tyty posted:

That is precisely the gear I beat Plantera with. A nice arena with stacked regen and buff potions go a long way.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Man I'd like to get some more Fishron kills before moving onto the moons and then the lunar events so that I can get some more crazy op fishron gear, his flail has been loving amazing, but it's difficult to find a gear combo that can make winning much easier than it was last time.
The asphalt road didn't work, you need to use both dimensions to dodge him and his tornados. The Cosmic car key+magnet sphere doesn't work too well - it's kind of a downgrade from spectral wings actually because you lose the ability to use the ninja gear's air dash, so you have to be super good at how to maneuver around him without getting hit.
My most recent idea was to set up a system of teleport pads but that might take a while to get right and get to the point where it's really not worth it. If you teleport too far, he'll despawn. Teleport too close and he'll catch up and you won't have time to react.
Maybe I SHOULD try the moon events first, I already have set the traps. Or try for another awful martian invasion, I've built something to help take care of saucers when they show up...

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
Have you been staying in the ocean Biome? Fishron goes nuts if you leave it like Plantera in the jungle. He's much easier to dodge with the UFO when he's not in charge-murder mode, though still somewhat tricky.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Blind Duke posted:

The yoyo that randomly drops from the winter biome in hardmode is the best thing and should be the first priority after defeating the WoF

Which one?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Apparition posted:

Which one?

A qiuck peek at the yoyo page, and the only one mentioning the snow biome would be-

http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Amarok

There is also apparently a "Caverns and Underworld" random drops yoyo that at a glance appears to be slightly weaker, but then again the Underworld is a pretty big loving part of any map.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

me posted:

Cute Fishron gives a speed (~31mph to ~60mph) and damage buff (17% I think) for 5s when you immerse your torso/head in liquid or just the speed buff portion if your HP is <50%; the UFO is faster than Cute Fishron normally is (slower than buffed Fishron), doesn't give any buffs and breaks in the water.

Apparition posted:

Which one?

Amarok probably, you'll have dozens of them if you spend enough time in the ice biome.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Blackheart posted:

So I JUST started hardmode, found the Skeleton mechant and bought the yoyo glove and gradient,

Make that Yo-Yo Bag!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Zodack posted:

Make that Yo-Yo Bag!

Seriously the yo-yo bag makes yo-yo's go from op to 'hahahahaha what?!'

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yoyo bag and Terrarian is just plain unfair to the enemy. :unsmigghh:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Read posted:

Amarok probably, you'll have dozens of them if you spend enough time in the ice biome.

They're also worth about 5 gold each so that's still useful even when you obsolete the weapon.

Anyways, just had my first Solar Eclipse. That sure was an experience. Got a Moonstone and a Broken Terra blade out of it too.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

They're also worth about 5 gold each so that's still useful even when you obsolete the weapon.

Anyways, just had my first Solar Eclipse. That sure was an experience. Got a Moonstone and a Broken Terra blade out of it too.

On my first solar eclipse I got a broken hero's blade and nothing else. On my second I got two broken hero's blade, death sickle, chainsaw, nail gun, moon stone, mothron wings and an eye of chtulu. It was ridiculous (and awesome).

edit: Oh wait, forgot about the silly amount of neptune shells that dropped each time I had to junk cause I was running out of space in my inventory.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Cador_2004 posted:

Have you been staying in the ocean Biome? Fishron goes nuts if you leave it like Plantera in the jungle. He's much easier to dodge with the UFO when he's not in charge-murder mode, though still somewhat tricky.

I don't think so, though it depends on how high biomes extend since I can get pretty far up in these frantic chases.

you know as long as the cell phone is giving info it should tell you what biomes your area qualify for. Maybe next update.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Leper Residue posted:

On my first solar eclipse I got a broken hero's blade and nothing else. On my second I got two broken hero's blade, death sickle, chainsaw, nail gun, moon stone, mothron wings and an eye of chtulu. It was ridiculous (and awesome).

edit: Oh wait, forgot about the silly amount of neptune shells that dropped each time I had to junk cause I was running out of space in my inventory.

Don't junk drops you don't need. Wait until the eclipse is over, pick them up, sell them.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
I hit 85k DPS with level 10 Stardust Dragon and Terrarian Yoyo Bag against expert Destroyer. It's crazy.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Acne Rain posted:

Don't junk drops you don't need. Wait until the eclipse is over, pick them up, sell them.

Expert mode gives you so much gold that the few gold a lovely accessory gives isn't worth missing out on picking up on a new weapon and checking out what it does right then and there.

You need what, 4 or 5 platinum to buy the crafting stations you want? After that it's just reforging. I've lost on death like 60 gold before and never really bothered to pick it up since it's such a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ugh, I can't find a martian probe. I saw one early into hardmode but killed it. If I knew they were this rare I would've left it alive.