Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Defiance Industries posted:

Speaking of, question for the Pisscast: what is everything you know about Big Daddy Yum Yum?

http://theangelofsin.tripod.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
My favorite part of the Nash 1995 timeline was when Mabel getting a big push is brought up, and Nash replies "I think they were just going back to the bodies." then there's a pause, and then his face goes red and he just loses it laughing.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Resubbed to WO and catching up on Karl Stern's July marathon, if you're interested in the history of wrestling they are p. great.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

Nah, the best Pisscast bit is when they talk about Steve Austin coming back as Dr Cold, the evil physician who vaccinated his defeated foes so they get autism.

ahahaha which one is this?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

flashy_mcflash posted:

ahahaha which one is this?

I believe it was 78, but I don't remember when it happens! http://ia600305.us.archive.org/25/items/078WrestlehutPisscast/078%20Wrestlehut%20Pisscast.mp3

edit: whoops forgot, new WHPC today.
http://ia601507.us.archive.org/21/items/WrestlehutPisscast99a/Wrestlehut%20Pisscast%2099a.mp3
or
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1z0cmk29cjt25xf/Wrestlehut+Pisscast+99a.mp3
or even
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxBFmoeXCup7dkRTV1pwSXBGYUk/view
or, yes, even on iTunes and those other appy thingys to DL stuff whoa

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

IIRC, Nash is actually a super left wing guy, especially by wrestling standards

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

words can't express the disappointment I felt when he told me the ANGEL OF SIN DVD was no longer available

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

El Gallinero Gros posted:

IIRC, Nash is actually a super left wing guy, especially by wrestling standards

He's on the right side of a lot of progressive issues. He did an interview for Outsports back in 2006, so this was before the public opinion had really turned overwhelmingly in favor of gay rights, and had some good lines.

quote:

Outsports: When we talk to athletes in team sports about having gay teammates, we keep hearing they don't want to shower with them. Do you share showers with other wrestlers?

Kevin Nash: Yeah, but it's kind of different because you shower as the event goes on. The first match of the night would go out and wrestle, and then they come in and shower. It's kind of a shower-in-shifts thing. When you finish your segment, you go in and shower. It's not like there are 55 guys in football, but there are five or six guys in there.

OS: Does it matter to you if a gay guy is looking at you naked?

Nash: No, as long as he's looking and approving.

OS: You seem very educated and gay-friendly on these issues. Where does that come from?

Nash: Number one is just that, education. I've got gay friends. I've been around gay people my whole life. Intolerance is just ignorance. That's all it is. God forbid if some gay people move into your neighborhood: Curb appeal will be nice and the property value will double. God forbid. [Homophobia] is just prejudice like anything else.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I love Kevin Nash

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

He's on the right side of a lot of progressive issues. He did an interview for Outsports back in 2006, so this was before the public opinion had really turned overwhelmingly in favor of gay rights, and had some good lines.

I may find his philosophies on wrestling lovely, but drat if he doesn't generally sound like a solid human being

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Just got round to listening to Raven on Jericho's, it was a fun listen.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

I can't remember which Tough Enough it was, but there was an episode where Austin shows up while they're backstage at a Raw and starts insisting they get as much free catering as they can, and keeps pushing it on them because as wrestlers they gotta learn to take advantage of free meals.

Along with phoning up wrestlers to compliment them on good matches, it leads me to believe Stone Cold Steve Austin might be Good ol' Granny Austin :3:

Austin's great in that he's one of the few guys who totally still seems to love the business and watching wrestling, while feeling no particular urge to get back in it himself. Him getting all into LU is the best thing.

It's hard to imagine how great it must be for a wrestler who put on a good match and are pretty proud of it to suddenly get a call from loving Stone Cold congratulating them.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 17, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Benne posted:

I love Kevin Nash

We all love Kevin Nash

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

NickRoweFillea posted:

We all love Kevin Nash

You don't speak for me!

But yes I also love Kevin Nash.

Best Nash moment is faking the quad injury at Mania this year btw

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Karmine posted:

You don't speak for me!

The live thread marked the gently caress out for that iirc

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
My favourite thing about Talkin Shop might be that they recorded the intro wrong ages ago and haven't fixed it

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Karmine posted:

What the...when did this happen???

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

In the NWO run in Nash faked tearing his quad

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

fart blood posted:

What the...when did this happen???

Sting/HHH

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I think Kevin Nash sucks BUT faking the quad tear was hilarious and he seems like a pretty cool dude outside of wrestling

but he really sucked inside of wrestling so it's a tough saying nice things about him in a wrestling forum

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

if we can like good wrestlers who are total shitlords outside the ring then I see no problem with liking big daddy cool for the opposite reason

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I think Kevin Nash sucks BUT faking the quad tear was hilarious and he seems like a pretty cool dude outside of wrestling

but he really sucked inside of wrestling so it's a tough saying nice things about him in a wrestling forum

Nash is a good promo, has good charisma, has a really good stiff powerbomb, and knows how to give a crowd exactly what they wanted.

He's a p cool dude

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

ayn rand hand job posted:

has a really good stiff powerbomb

:stare:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm a dad, r u? Come to mah website

https://www.dads4real.giocities.com

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHyHyPKslTQ

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

This isn't quite as bad as his usual effort, but the Jacknife powerbomb was 100% 'Kevin Nash lifts a guy up and then casually drops them' which actually did kind of look cool and fit his character I suppose

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

They banned it in WCW!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Karmine posted:

You don't speak for me!

I liked Nash in the 2014 Rumble when he teased skinning the cat of all things, but went "gently caress it" and just dropped to the floor

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ayn rand hand job posted:

Nash is a good promo, has good charisma, has a really good stiff powerbomb, and knows how to give a crowd exactly what they wanted.

He's a p cool dude

knows exactly what the crowd wants unless its putting himself in a feud with a younger star and kind of making GBS threads all over what the crowd wants to grab a paycheck

he's cool in one off appearances and stuff but gently caress off with the poo poo he did in 2011

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

this is my poo poo right here josh van valkenburg

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hated the derailing of the Punk angle with his inclusion

I loved the Rumble appearance

I loved the Sting/HHH appearance where he did a single thing and then grabbed his knee before the camera cut away, and then 2 minutes later was walking around fine

Nash is the greatest of all time

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

This isn't quite as bad as his usual effort, but the Jacknife powerbomb was 100% 'Kevin Nash lifts a guy up and then casually drops them' which actually did kind of look cool and fit his character I suppose

Unless you're Big Show The Giant then I guess you can cross the lifting part out of that equation.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

I hated the derailing of the Punk angle with his inclusion

I loved the Rumble appearance

I loved the Sting/HHH appearance where he did a single thing and then grabbed his knee before the camera cut away, and then 2 minutes later was walking around fine

Nash is the greatest of all time

Nash also talked WWE into inducting him under his real name instead of Diesel, which they were planning for with the nWo guys when they inducted Hall as Razor Ramon.

Also his induction speech was more of a shoot interview than an actual speech and it owned.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Benne posted:

Nash also talked WWE into inducting him under his real name instead of Diesel, which they were planning for with the nWo guys when they inducted Hall as Razor Ramon.

Also his induction speech was more of a shoot interview than an actual speech and it owned.

"They said I did it for the money, and that was absolutely true."

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I want to hear more stories of Big Dave in college

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm one of those weirdos that listen to the pocasts diretly on the site rather than through a podcast app. Definitely appreciate them updating their site audio player to HTML5 as a Firefox user.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Funny you say that because ever since they updated it, I can't get the player on the site to work. I have to download the file and listen to it through iTunes.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

The new player has stopped playing a few times for me, and it's not as friendly when trying to seek to a certain time point.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Filthy Tom was at last nights ROH show in Vegas although just as a crowd member

Bryan: Did you get the impression looking at the crowd that a lot of people drove in from Southern California?
Filthy Tom: Is there a lot of meth there? Cause that's the impression I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

triplexpac posted:

I want to hear more stories of Big Dave in college

College? Someone asked Dave some question I forget about back in high school on WOR recently and he just left it at "I got in a lot of poo poo in high school."

• Locked thread