Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
lol if you think federal cops actually do any work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Branis posted:

seriously though do you lock up parks? I have to lock up the city park and the baseball field bathrooms every night at 10.

Nah. There's one park we close the gate on so frat kids don't drunkenly drive in there to rape their dates.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
There a designated date rapin area?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
yeah its called congressional offices.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Rad Lieutenant posted:

There a designated date rapin area?

yeah he just said it's designated to make sure frat boys don't drive around drunk, presumably because they're drunk and would have a hard time finding it and obviously drunk driving is wrong

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
In jurisdiction A (county) driving towards jurisdiction B (small city). About a mile from B line, get behind reckless/intoxicated operator. Call county, ask for B's dispatch. Am reminded of my location, tell county I will soon be in B so it's their problem. B dispatch answers, tells me I'm in A, starts to transfer me back to A. A and B get in discussion over who has jurisdiction. Finally get fed up and start yelling at B as to why I asked for them. Give location, description of vehicle, and reasons why I called. Have to repeat location three times. Vehicle description two more times. Reason for call an additional time.

Goddamn I haven't worn a uniform in over a year and dispatch still gets on my loving nerve. Why in TYOOL 2015 do po dunk rear end places have their own PSAP? Just use goddamn county.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Because gently caress you, obviously.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
because America's policing is done by a well oiled machine, perfect and without flaws

http://www.vice.com/read/the-latest-disturbing-twist-in-the-case-of-the-73-year-old-who-killed-an-unarmed-black-man-in-oklahoma-714

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Sounds like you were driving through my jurisdiction. Probably not though if it only took you three tries to give the dispatcher useful information. Ours usually take at least five attempts, and then maybe they might actually have what your calling about straight. Nothing else about what you told them.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I hate driving complaints because by the time the caller has called 911, answered by county, transferred to our village PD dispatcher, then dispatched to a car, the suspect vehicle is already out of town.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
quickest way to get rid of a driving complaint is tell the caller they will have to sign a statement and go to court if the person contests a ticket. 99% of people stop giving a poo poo if they have to do more than just dial the police.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Lost my first prosecution yesterday. The defendant turned up alone, half an hour late in T shirt and trainers, contradicted himself a dozen times and somehow the magistrates took pity on him and let him off.

Now I understand why you Americans just shoot them before they get to custody.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

good ole judge hurley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnVsygATBbo

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Lost my first prosecution yesterday. The defendant turned up alone, half an hour late in T shirt and trainers, contradicted himself a dozen times and somehow the magistrates took pity on him and let him off.

Now I understand why you Americans just shoot them before they get to custody.

On the other scale of things, I had a belting section 5 that went on for a year because the defendant represented himself for the first two hearings and requested outrageous stuff. He was fined £600 in court costs, later reduced to £400 and also £110 for the offence, £20 costs. Was a thing of beauty, I know the CPS get a bad rep but this prosecutor was on point and super savage.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
That is a brutal fine for S.5, most people don't even get that for Affray. Don't tell me there was a Newton hearing or something

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I bet that judge went into his chambers and jerked off after telling that PD and his client off.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

I bet that judge went into his chambers and jerked off after telling that PD and his client off.

I know Shep did

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Month off after accruing too much leave. What a stupid rule, just let me save it and take off 2 years when I retire.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

What's that? You're being charged with first degree murder? You can't make bail? Ah well, we can let you go home with an ankle monitor. You'll behave right? :suicide:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Judge-in-Md-Murder-Trial-I-Dont-Believe-Bail-System-Is-Fair-316062181.html

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Ok, bail might be broken but ignoring it and allowing home detention can't be the best solution.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

That is a brutal fine for S.5, most people don't even get that for Affray. Don't tell me there was a Newton hearing or something

Wait, is there really a crime called Affray in the United Kingdom?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Dead Reckoning posted:

There's a crime called affray in DC.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
gently caress judges. They make stupid decisions. Also ADAs. You know what, gently caress everybody.

Also, I'm drunk.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

gently caress you too buddy :beerpal:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

What's that? You're being charged with first degree murder? You can't make bail? Ah well, we can let you go home with an ankle monitor. You'll behave right? :suicide:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Judge-in-Md-Murder-Trial-I-Dont-Believe-Bail-System-Is-Fair-316062181.html

Around here you don't even need an ankle monitor.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

We'll take your word for it man, no worries! Please don't go intimidating any witnesses!!! Ok maybe one, but no more!!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Affray is the best offense. When I was military police we used to report fights as affrays all the loving time because God drat is there a poo poo load of stupid paperwork and pamphlets to hand out if there's a victim. Oh you tried to push him away from you as he was beating the hell out of you? Report to your command in the morning for affray!

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Affray: the victimless crime

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
The gently caress is affray?

Still drunk. Is this one or ask a cop the drunk thread?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I know Shep did

poo poo I don't need a reason to drop trou and whip it like slagcheek.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:patriot:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

GunForumMeme posted:

The gently caress is affray?

Fighting.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

GunForumMeme posted:

You should assume that cop posting = drunk posting.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Dead Reckoning posted:

There is in England and Wales. In Scotland for what I think affray is, a standup fight between people would be covered by my old favourite, breach of the peace. (Yes Hezzy)

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Grem posted:

Fighting.

Hmm. Still prefer the DisCon blanket.

Shooting Blanks posted:

You should assume that cop posting = drunk posting.

Truth.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
drinking makes me feel gross inside.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
We have 5 (or 6 if you also use the N word) different offenses covered under the public order act. S.5 is basically being a oval office, S.4 is being even more of a oval office and can be aggravated by flavoring that with racism. S.3 is affray and then it gets serious with S.2 violent disorder where a whole group of people are kicking the piss out of someone/property and S.1 full fat riot.

English riots aren't really riots though. People hardly ever die and they usually only last an afternoon because we don't want to miss teatime. If something like the LA riots happened in the UK I'm pretty sure everyone would treat it like Armageddon

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

chartley posted:

There is in England and Wales. In Scotland for what I think affray is, a standup fight between people would be covered by my old favourite, breach of the peace. (Yes Hezzy)

BRRRRECH OAE DAE PEESH

We had Scottish officers down because Hearts were playing. I tried to get them to say it as many times as possible, I love it. We also had officers from London and I had to translate

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

BRRRRECH OAE DAE PEESH

We had Scottish officers down because Hearts were playing. I tried to get them to say it as many times as possible, I love it. We also had officers from London and I had to translate

You haven't heard the phrase til you've worked with cops from my area. We are stereotyped as loving the legislation. That's a touch unfair but it fixes every situation!

Care to comment - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3166428/British-Transport-Police-park-double-yellow-lines-Mr-Whippy-ice-cream.html silly sausages!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I'm triggered

• Locked thread