Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Interested in the 2x and maybe the 35.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Don't despair just yet! My pricing is usually as idiotic as my spending habits.

I'll start collecting all of the boxes and such tonight and getting stuff organized.

Oh boy.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Even at idiotic prices I can't afford a 5DIII :(

Could stand to buy the timer trigger though, since I stupidly bought a Nikon one by mistake.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark

annapacketstormaya posted:

Even at idiotic prices I can't afford a 5DIII :(

Could stand to buy the timer trigger though, since I stupidly bought a Nikon one by mistake.

I was looking at that, but it isn't compatible with my 6d.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Interest check on this stuff...

Canon 5D Mark III
Canon EF 17-40 f/4L
Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II
Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II
Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
Canon EF 2x III Extender
Canon Speedlite 600 EX-RT
Canon TC-80N3 Timer Remote
Canon BG-E11
Canon ST-E3-RT

...or if I should just start posting it to eBay and Craigslist. If you're familiar with my earlier sales: I basically don't use my gear so look forward to a comically low shutter count on the body. Please don't start calling dibs or anything, just curious if I should start getting photos together for the thread. Thanks!

Count me in on super interested in the 2x III.

timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001

ShotgunWillie posted:

I was looking at that, but it isn't compatible with my 6d.

The protocol for canon remote timers is the same regardless of whether it's the 3 pin or 1/8th connector afaik. The third party one I have can be used with an adapter for my old eos 3 (3 pin) and my 70d (1/8") - not positive the first party ones are the same but I don't see why not.

Edit: canon makes an adapter for the same so yeah the first party ones work this way also

timrenzi574 fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 14, 2015

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark

timrenzi574 posted:

The protocol for canon remote timers is the same regardless of whether it's the 3 pin or 1/8th connector afaik. The third party one I have can be used with an adapter for my old eos 3 (3 pin) and my 70d (1/8") - not positive the first party ones are the same but I don't see why not.

Edit: canon makes an adapter for the same so yeah the first party ones work this way also

Too bad I'm too late for potential dibs on that then. C'est la vie.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Interest check on this stuff...

Canon 5D Mark III
Canon EF 17-40 f/4L
Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II
Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II
Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
Canon EF 2x III Extender
Canon Speedlite 600 EX-RT
Canon TC-80N3 Timer Remote
Canon BG-E11
Canon ST-E3-RT

...or if I should just start posting it to eBay and Craigslist. If you're familiar with my earlier sales: I basically don't use my gear so look forward to a comically low shutter count on the body. Please don't start calling dibs or anything, just curious if I should start getting photos together for the thread. Thanks!

I'd be curious to see what the 24-70 II goes for. :3:

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
I think I'm first in line for the 2x extender since no one else expressed any interest.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Also interested in prices all around. 5d3 especially

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Dorkroom Black Friday sale

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Haggins posted:

Dorkroom Black Friday sale
It's coming...

Sorry in advance if this post ends up being a pump-fake for anyone. No username in there yet since I'm still sorting stuff and figuring out prices. I spent the evening matching up stuff to its boxes and lens pouches and such. I'll get photos of each item with a username in the AM when there's more light. Hopefully I'll get the post up with a full inventory, an attempt at grading using the KEH scale, and desired prices by noon Pacific tomorrow.

Also a shutter count on that shameful 5DIII. :blush:

Full disclosure: I'm going to run by my local shop early in the morning and see if they can come anywhere near what I'm looking for. I'm not expecting them to, but thought you guys should know.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 14, 2015

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006
Interested in the 35

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Interested in the TC-80N3

e: drat, beaten

d0s fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jul 14, 2015

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Are you switching gear or getting out in general?

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Interested in the transmitter.

Bizzaro Quik
Dec 1, 2004
Japan rules, right?
Put me down for the 70-200 IS II

Jimlad
Jan 8, 2005
Possible interest in the 24mm TS-E, let's see how much you're offering it for.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Bad news for some folks: the local shop wanted all of the glass and the body when it saw how clean they were. After PayPal fees and shipping if I sold online, their numbers were in the same ballpark of what I was looking for. Very sorry to some of you for getting your hopes up. Here's what I still have, which I think almost all still had interest in:

Canon 600 EX-RT

Comes with everything it had new, which is a box, paperwork, a case, and the gels/gel holder. Looks immaculate. I also have a Sto-fen Omni-bounce for it that I'll toss in too. $400 $280 shipped.

Canon ST-E3-RT

Comes with everything it had new, which is a box, paperwork, and a case. Looks immaculate. $200 $120 shipped.

Canon BG-E11

For the 5D III, but apparently fits the new 5DS and 5DS R. Comes with everything it had new, which is a box, paperwork, a case, and the AA battery magazine. Looks immaculate. There's a Camdapter ProStrap attached that's basically impossible to put back on if you remove it, so I left it on there. I'll also throw in an extra Canon LP-E6 that's reporting 2/3 healthy too. $200 $120 shipped.

Kirk BL-5DIIIG L-bracket and LP-41 quick release plate

The L-bracket fits the gripped 5DIII, 5DS, and 5DS R. The plate is designed for "Canon Lenses with Tripod Mount Ring B (100mm f/2.8 USM Macro, 180mm f/3.5L Macro & MP-E 65mm f/2.8 Macro, 300mm f/4 IS, 70-200mm f/2.8 IS & 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 IS)." I used it on the 70-200. I might need to split these up, we'll see. These are Arca-swiss compatible plates. New they'd be $250 together, but I realize these are somewhat niche items. $175 $100 gets you both.

Canon RC-6

Comes with everything it had new, which is a box, a user guide, and apparently a little case! Adorable! Looks immaculate. I'd rather not ship it separately, so how's $10 $6 added to another item?

2x Canon E-82 II

There's are center-pinch lens caps for 82mm filter size lenses. I don't really want to ship them separately, so how about $8 $5 each if they're added to another item?

I'd like to keep it US-only, and primarily looking at using PayPal but I'm open to other services (Google Wallet, Amazon Payments, etc.) but I've just never used them before.

If you shoot me a PM, please also reply here. Thanks for looking!

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 19, 2015

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Are you switching gear or getting out in general?
Getting out for now. I've been thinking about it for a year or so as my work/life balance has been really tough for the last couple of years and is likely to stay that way for another 2-3. I just don't have time to pursue the hobby, sadly. I might pick up a small mirrorless kit towards the end of the year to bring along on any trips I take.

If I get to the end of the year and it doesn't look like I'm gonna get back in, I'll have some carbon Manfrotto pieces to unload, along with a pile of LEE Filters stuff. Some of the latter pieces were tough to get my hands on though, so I'm hesitant to get rid of them.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 14, 2015

mes
Apr 28, 2006

On the heels of the news above, I was considering selling off my Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II (newest version) if anyone was waiting with bated breath for one of those to pop up. Pricing pending some pictures of course.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Getting out for now. I've been thinking about it for a year or so as my work/life balance has been really tough for the last couple of years and is likely to stay that way for another 2-3. I just don't have time to pursue the hobby, sadly. I might pick up a small mirrorless kit towards the end of the year to bring along on any trips I take.

If I get to the end of the year and it doesn't look like I'm gonna get back in, I'll have some carbon Manfrotto pieces to unload, along with a pile of LEE Filters stuff. Some of the latter pieces were tough to get my hands on though, so I'm hesitant to get rid of them.

I went to the Fuji X-T1 and love it .. I doubt you would regret it, easy to carry around.

mes
Apr 28, 2006

Sold off site.

For sale: Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II (newest version)

Purchased last year form the Canon refurbished store, hence the brown box rather than the retail packaging. The lens arrived from Canon basically new and is now still very clean, no scratches or blemishes on the glass or body of the lens. Comes with all original accessories (lens caps, hood and lens pouch).

Please let me know if you'd like more detailed pictures of something in particular, I'd be happy to oblige.

Looking for $1500 all inclusive via PayPal (includes shipping and I will eat the PP fees). Also, if you're in the Southern California area and want to meet up in San Diego, that can be arranged as well. Shoot me a PM of hit me up through email if you're interested or want more info: jemuelb at gmail

mes fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 23, 2015

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

red19fire posted:

Also I still have this Elinchrom Quadra kit laying around. It's essentially this kit with an A head for blistering flash duration and a free lithium battery upgrade. $1000 OBO. full disclosure: it was refurbished last year by criscam for a blown pcb board.

Note: because of my work schedule it may be tough to get to the post office in a timely fashion. I think they're open super early, I can probably drop off a package on my way.

Just bought this from red!

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

I'm reluctantly selling the rest of my Nikkor AI-s collection. I love these lenses, but I just don't get much use out of them while shooting wildlife and I need the money for other things. I accept payment via Square. International buyers pay shipping costs. I'd be happy to take some sample shots with these for interested buyers, but won't have time to today - just PM me or ask in this thread and I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AI-s - $450
This lens is super clean, very fast and sharp as a tack when you're not shooting wide open. Very light internal dust. No fungus/haze/separation. It has a retractable built-in hood and comes with front and rear caps. $450 shipped to the US.

Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 AI-s - $425 SOLD
This lens needs no introduction. It makes beautiful images in the right hands. Front element is super clean, rear element has very minor cleaning marks and there's minor internal dust, but neither affect image quality. No fungus/haze/separation. The exterior has some minor cosmetic wear and the lip at the rear of the barrel is slightly bent (but doesn't affect the functionality of the lens). Comes with front and rear caps. $425 shipped to the US.

Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AI-s - $300 SOLD
One of the few f/1.2 lenses made for F-mount. Front and rear elements are clean. This one has the most internal dust of the three, and may affect shooting at f/16 (I'll test that out tomorrow). Some scratches on the exterior of the barrel (see photos). No fungus/haze/separation. Comes with front and rear caps. $300 shipped to the US.

Moon Potato fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 25, 2015

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Hnnngggggg

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Mest0r posted:

For sale: Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II

Selling this beast of a lens, it truly is a great lens however it's one that I've never really fully utilized so I'm selling it. Purchased over a year a go at this point, used on numerous occasions however really spent the majority of its time sitting on my shelf; typically I'm hesitant about describing something I'm selling as "like new" but this is pretty much as "like new" you can get. The glass and the body of the lens are both pristine. Comes with all original accessories (lens pouch, lens caps, hood and tripod mount), original documentation and box (box has serial number cutout for mail in rebate).

I can definitely take more detailed pictures if you're interested, just let me know what you want to see.

Sold to dakana
Looking for $1700 all inclusive via PayPal (includes shipping and I will eat the PP fees). Also, if you're in the Southern California area and want to meet up in San Diego, that can be arranged as well. Shoot me a PM of hit me up through email if you're interested or want more info: jemuelb at gmail

Picked this up from FedEx today (drat my work schedule), and it was well-packed and jus tlike he said -- completely pristine and immaculate, everything included. Thanks for an easy buy; I can't wait to put this to use.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Haggins posted:

Just bought this from red!

Shipped this out today.

stayp
Jun 9, 2007
Interest check on a Mamiya 645 set! Comes with extra backs, 55mm f2.8 Sekor C, 80mm f2.8 Sekor C, and 150mm f2.8 Sekor C, grip winder, and prism. Trying to get liquidate ASAP!

Large: http://i.imgur.com/EM3Jy2n.jpg

stayp fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 17, 2015

mes
Apr 28, 2006

dakana posted:

Picked this up from FedEx today (drat my work schedule), and it was well-packed and jus tlike he said -- completely pristine and immaculate, everything included. Thanks for an easy buy; I can't wait to put this to use.

Glad it got to you safely!

Now someone buy my 24-70mm. :v:

Ethanfr0me
Feb 2, 2012
Interest check on a near mint rb67 kit? (Polaroid back, grip, case)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I've decided to swap my Lumix 100-300mm zoom for an Olympus 60mm macro. I bought this lens used from Henry's back in February, and have used it to varying success a handful of times since. It's good if you want a long zoom for m4/3, as it's pretty much your only option. It's a decent, serviceable lens, but it won't blow your socks off like a Canon EF prime. Condition is very good, bit of dust on the rubber zoom and focus rings from handling. Glass is pretty much spotless, no internal dust I can see.

I'd like to see around $450 Canadian for it, which includes a 3-year Henry's extended warranty. I live in Toronto and can meet/deliver around the GTA for free, otherwise, buyer pays shipping. For all you Americans, because the exchange rate is in the toilet right now, that means it's around $350 USD, which is pretty good. (For a random example of shipping cost to the US, Toronto-Seattle is about $30-40USD insured, depending on speed and signature requirement).

On the off chance someone has an Olympus 60mm and wants to do as straight swap, I'm good with that too!

PM or email clockworkzero at gmail with any questions or requests. I'll give this about 2 weeks before I trade it in at the store.

mes
Apr 28, 2006

Most sold off site, 85mm still available.

Mest0r posted:

For sale: Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II (newest version)

Purchased last year form the Canon refurbished store, hence the brown box rather than the retail packaging. The lens arrived from Canon basically new and is now still very clean, no scratches or blemishes on the glass or body of the lens. Comes with all original accessories (lens caps, hood and lens pouch).

Please let me know if you'd like more detailed pictures of something in particular, I'd be happy to oblige.

Looking for $1500 all inclusive via PayPal (includes shipping and I will eat the PP fees). Also, if you're in the Southern California area and want to meet up in San Diego, that can be arranged as well. Shoot me a PM of hit me up through email if you're interested or want more info: jemuelb at gmail

In addition to this, I've decided to go all in and dump all my Canon gear:

For sale:
Canon 5d Mark III
24-70mm f/2.8L II (post above)
85mm f/1.8
35mm f/2 IS

Up first: Canon 5d Mark III
Purchased last year from the Canon refurbished store which came in pretty much new condition. The shutter count right now is at a measly 83XX actuations. The camera body is in great condition, no major scuffs or scratches anywhere on the body and surprisingly, no major scratches on the back of the LCD screen. Comes with all the original accessories and documentation (refurb. box, battery, charger, and strap), plus an additional battery and a 32gb CF card.

Looking for $1700 for the 5d Mark III all inclusive via PayPal

Next: 35mm f/2 IS USM
A stellar lens, lighter than the f/1.4 alternative 35mm lenses and has image stabilization. The body of the lens and the glass is very clean; no real signs of wear despite being the lens that I've used the most. There is typical dust in the lens that that you'd expect, but other than that a great performer. Comes with the retail box, original documentation and caps (no hood).

Finally: 85mm f/1.8
A great, cheaper alternative to the f/1.2L for portraits. Like with the 35mm, body and glass are clean, the only flaw is that there is a tiny nick on the front of the lens barrel that's only cosmetic and doesn't affect anything. There is also the typical dust in the lens that you'd expect. Comes with the retail box, original documentation and caps (no hood).

Looking for $260 for the 85mm f/1.8 all inclusive via PayPal

Once again, if you're interested and want more detailed pictures of anything please let me know I can definitely take more for you.

Also, if you're in the Southern California area and want to meet up in San Diego, that can be arranged as well. Shoot me a PM of hit me up through email if you're interested or want more info: jemuelb at gmail

mes fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 23, 2015

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Quoting to show that I edited in some price drops.

Bad news for some folks: the local shop wanted all of the glass and the body when it saw how clean they were. After PayPal fees and shipping if I sold online, their numbers were in the same ballpark of what I was looking for. Very sorry to some of you for getting your hopes up. Here's what I still have, which I think almost all still had interest in:

Canon 600 EX-RT

Comes with everything it had new, which is a box, paperwork, a case, and the gels/gel holder. Looks immaculate. I also have a Sto-fen Omni-bounce for it that I'll toss in too. $400 $280 shipped.

Canon ST-E3-RT

Comes with everything it had new, which is a box, paperwork, and a case. Looks immaculate. $200 $120 shipped.

Canon BG-E11

For the 5D III, but apparently fits the new 5DS and 5DS R. Comes with everything it had new, which is a box, paperwork, a case, and the AA battery magazine. Looks immaculate. There's a Camdapter ProStrap attached that's basically impossible to put back on if you remove it, so I left it on there. I'll also throw in an extra Canon LP-E6 that's reporting 2/3 healthy too. $200 $120 shipped.

Kirk BL-5DIIIG L-bracket and LP-41 quick release plate

The L-bracket fits the gripped 5DIII, 5DS, and 5DS R. The plate is designed for "Canon Lenses with Tripod Mount Ring B (100mm f/2.8 USM Macro, 180mm f/3.5L Macro & MP-E 65mm f/2.8 Macro, 300mm f/4 IS, 70-200mm f/2.8 IS & 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 IS)." I used it on the 70-200. I might need to split these up, we'll see. These are Arca-swiss compatible plates. New they'd be $250 together, but I realize these are somewhat niche items. $175 $100 gets you both.

Canon RC-6

Comes with everything it had new, which is a box, a user guide, and apparently a little case! Adorable! Looks immaculate. I'd rather not ship it separately, so how's $10 $6 added to another item?

2x Canon E-82 II

There's are center-pinch lens caps for 82mm filter size lenses. I don't really want to ship them separately, so how about $8 $5 each if they're added to another item?

I'd like to keep it US-only, and primarily looking at using PayPal but I'm open to other services (Google Wallet, Amazon Payments, etc.) but I've just never used them before.

If you shoot me a PM, please also reply here. Thanks for looking!

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 19, 2015

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Canon 600 EX-RT

Canon BG-E11

Canon RC-6

Claiming these. What's your paypal address?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Bubbacub posted:

Claiming these. What's your paypal address?
PM sent to you and Seamonster for the ST-E3-RT. Just for full transparency, I won't be able to ship stuff out until Tuesday.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 19, 2015

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Paypal sent!

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Bubbacub posted:

Paypal sent!
Got it, thanks! I'll PM you as soon as I have tracking info on Tuesday.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
money sent to star trek abstinence parakeet for ST-E3-RT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Seamonster posted:

money sent to star trek abstinence parakeet for ST-E3-RT

Got it, thanks! I'll PM you as soon as I have tracking info on Tuesday.

• Locked thread