Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's magical

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.

:golfclap:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

what have i done

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Is there a way to automate that so that you can build the gif with the book saying anything you like?

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

i wish it ended with him shocked instead of looping back so its like he keeps forgetting he read it. tats my opinion

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
That's deep.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Sakurazuka posted:

'Having not eaten for days, Chifusa and Kaede get a job at a maid bar, but soon get fired due to Chifusa's short temper around the rowdy customers. Collapsing due to hunger, they are rescued by a man whose daughter was strucken by a mysterious breast disappearance.'

God, I hope they're hiding in a tree or under the house or something like a runaway pet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hajime has them, that's why her boobs are bigger this season.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

.jpg will save ADTRW

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

Whatever happens there better be a freaking beach episode this season.

Yeah!

In Training posted:

I don't even want them to be wearing bikinis and speedos, I want them to all be in gatcha form horsing around in the shallows of a beach

No

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
That doesn't quite top the Death Parade .gif, but it's a strong #2.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Gel is in contrast to GALAX and the social media experience. She's coming around at a time when trust in the CROWDS system is lowering and when Rui's faith is wavering. Gel won't be the final badguy, but rather part of the solution imo

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Lessail posted:

Gel is in contrast to GALAX and the social media experience. She's coming around at a time when trust in the CROWDS system is lowering and when Rui's faith is wavering. Gel won't be the final badguy, but rather part of the solution imo

I think the conflict will come from a difference of opinion over what constitutes a peaceful. She's already been shown to have a pretty idealistic view about the way people should interact with each other, and we've seen that people like Hajime and gramps who are set in their ways concern her.

My prediction? Her version of peace is homogenization. That will lead into the age old Apple vs Android debate, human society edition.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Paiman is still the best character on the show

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

O.D. is still the best character on the show

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Katze is still the best character on the show

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Paiman is still the best character on the show

although god drat gently caress i want the next episode now

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

This show is so loving good

I think it's one of my favourite OPs ever. The amount of effort and detail in it is amazing, there's barely a wasted frame. Heck.... I even turn up the volume

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Jesus, Rui. Being you is truly suffering.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

.jpg posted:

This show is so loving good

God drat what a place to end the episode though.

Gatcha base owns but it must be hell on your eyes after like ten minutes.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

This episode was fantastic, much better than the previous two, IMO. I wonder if the red thing the prophecy mentioned is the red CROWDS or if it will turn out to be something to do with Gel-chan's thought bubbles.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kickin rear end and lookin cute

Genocyber posted:

This episode was fantastic, much better than the previous two, IMO. I wonder if the red thing the prophecy mentioned is the red CROWDS or if it will turn out to be something to do with Gel-chan's thought bubbles.

Both of the above is my guess plus maybe Rui's blood. Or Gel herself? Tsubasa's gatcha-suit? Lotta red going around

Too hyped for next episode!
:f5::supaburn:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 19, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gel's jokes are terrible and it owns. AOTY.

I hope Katze never escapes and Hajime talking to her very rude boobs just becomes a running gag.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 19, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

Too hyped for next episode!
:f5::supaburn:

Yep this is pretty much how I felt when it ended too.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

Yep this is pretty much how I felt when it ended too.

No loving kidding. I just finished the episode and god drat. How is this show so good?

Edit: Man, it must piss OD off so much to hear someone going off about how people can't call themselves heroes if they can't protect anyone.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 19, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
insight
CROWDS
GATCHAMAN

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Fangz posted:

Jesus, Rui. Being you is truly suffering.

Yeah, good grief. Maybe somewhere between the second and third time the guy stabbed the physical embodiment of your soul you should realize that he is in fact a bad guy and you should accept help from your team of superfriends. The only way it could be worse is if he was trashing Rui for his gender identity while he did it.

Since thinking about how anime could be super dark is kind of my thing, my dark prediction is that the bad guy gets away with Rui's note, then uses Rui's transformed bird to cause even more havoc. Rui either dies (unlikely with Utsusu around) or has to watch mostly helplessly as all of her ideals are crushed by a someone using his own image. Even if it doesn't go down like that, the bad guy's got a note of his own, so we really ought to see a properly dark Gatchaman getting into fights with the team, the closest thing we got to it last season was a few small bits in the last episode when O.D. and Katze threw down.

I also don't really get what O.D. and the rest of the gang's deal was. Apparently a Gatchaman can just be dying before their eyes, but if they say they don't want help it's cool? They don't know about the villain's threat to step things up to outright murder, which would make their hesitation believable to me. As it is it just makes them look dumb while the newbie is like, what the gently caress guys, let's go. O.D. is basically a bundle of psychological trauma in a top hat so I can almost see where he's coming from, but everyone else, including Hajime of all people, was really acting oddly.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Rui is perfectly willing to die for his ideals, to prove a point. He is not willing to kill for them. The question is whether Rizumu is.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

NowonSA posted:

Since thinking about how anime could be super dark is kind of my thing,

Gatcha!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Fangz posted:

Rui is perfectly willing to die for his ideals, to prove a point. He is not willing to kill for them. The question is whether Rizumu is.

Are you thinking the next episode begins with him seeing the dude sprawled out on the floor, and himself holding a knife, and then he goes 'oh poo poo my bad'?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

kater posted:

Are you thinking the next episode begins with him seeing the dude sprawled out on the floor, and himself holding a knife, and then he goes 'oh poo poo my bad'?

I'm thinking that Tsubasa is about to ruin whatever resolution would have occurred.

But if she didn't, I'd expect to see cracks emerge in Rizumu's control over the Red Crowds. They might have signed on to end the Crowds menace, I don't think they signed on to murder.

I still expect the show to humanize Rizumu, because at the end of the day, he isn't crazy - he represents fully half of the population who are fearful of Crowds. Do you expect the show to go 'nah, some people are just evil'? If the show does go 'nah, some people are just evil, how can Rui be right to give people Crowds?

Edit: I don't necessarily think what Rui was doing was tactically wise, or that he should expect that Rizumu would be convinced in such a short time. However, given his stated ideals he is essentially trapped into this course of action. In terms of the other Gatchaman, Hajime obviously trusts Rui's commitment and has self control enough to observe a statement like 'stay back'.

It's Tsubasa who is I think maybe naive and rather inconsistent. She wants to save 'everyone', but merely wanting to do so doesn't mean that you would. If she prioritizes saving a fellow Gatchaman over all the hostages, and certainly over saving Rizumu and his followers, then things will become rather difficult.

A dark place for the series to go now would be for Rizumu to interpret this all as the Gatchas playing a trick, and executing the hostages, thus also alienating the public from the Gatchaman. Probably we won't go there, but who knows.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 19, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

chumbler posted:

I hope Katze never escapes and Hajime talking to her very rude boobs just becomes a running gag.

Katze should start a band and call it Hajime's Rude Boobs.

e- or a stand up routine with Gelsadra.

actually I just marathoned everything so far after not actually having the time to watch any shows till now.

If Berg was schadenfreude, Hajime mudita and Rui hope then Rizumin is cynicism which makes him a direct foil to Rui. Season 1 played with apparent foils till it became obvious who contrasted who later in the series.

Its why its harder to make Rizumin do a heel-face turn because his core principals seem to be absolute mistrust in humanity. This isn't like the other characters, or Rui himself in the first season, where idealism is tempered by realism. Rizumin seems to be straight out cynical about the human race. I don't see that changing all that fast without a whole lot more happening, certainly not with Rui's display. But maybe Rui isn't directly appealing to him in this case, but to everyone else.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 19, 2015

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Katze should start a band and call it Hajime's Rude Boobs.

e- or a stand up routine with Gelsadra.

actually I just marathoned everything so far after not actually having the time to watch any shows till now.

If Berg was schadenfreude, Hajime mudita and Rui hope then Rizumin is cynicism which makes him a direct foil to Rui. Season 1 played with apparent foils till it became obvious who contrasted who later in the series.

Its why its harder to make Rizumin do a heel-face turn because his core principals seem to be absolute mistrust in humanity. This isn't like the other characters, or Rui himself in the first season, where idealism is tempered by realism. Rizumin seems to be straight out cynical about the human race. I don't see that changing all that fast without a whole lot more happening, certainly not with Rui's display. But maybe Rui isn't directly appealing to him in this case, but to everyone else.

Season 1 already showed us what you do with irreconcilable conceptual extremes! Clearly the season will end with Rui aborbing Rizumu's Note. The resulting Crowds will be purple.

(man Rui makes pronouns complicated)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Then Rui's note will be purple with fuchsia stripes, the most fabulous note :shepface:

Surprised too see how Hajime's note now has red on it to symbolize Katze being in her. Its a nice touch.

Davincie posted:

but yeah gel is obviously going evil, i mean come on
If she does it'll be a Nyx sort of thing where she draws in a bunch of cynical/nihilist vibes and decides that what humanity wants is the sweet sweet embrace of death.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 19, 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bring me the swimsuit ep

.jpg posted:

Gatcha!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On Gel Sadora being evil. It's a maybe given my limited knowledge of Gatchaman and that she is named after Gel Sadora from the original Gatchaman series who severed as the second commander of Galactor after Berg Katze's death. (Maybe we will get a third series featuring Count Egobossler the last Glactor commander) The reason why I say it's a maybe that she will be a villain is because although Katze was villain like he originally was, Sousai X who was both Gel and Katze's boss in the original is a good guy here. (Unless this AI has been playing a very long con it's unlikely.)

Pretty much they will reuse names but we have no way of knowing if the characters will be at all like their original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

On Gel Sadora being evil. It's a maybe given my limited knowledge of Gatchaman and that she is named after Gel Sadora from the original Gatchaman series who severed as the second commander of Galactor after Berg Katze's death. (Maybe we will get a third series featuring Count Egobossler the last Glactor commander) The reason why I say it's a maybe that she will be a villain is because although Katze was villain like he originally was, Sousai X who was both Gel and Katze's boss in the original is a good guy here. (Unless this AI has been playing a very long con it's unlikely.)

Pretty much they will reuse names but we have no way of knowing if the characters will be at all like their original.

I was also wondering if Vape and the Red Crowds are a reference to Red Impulse, but that's maybe tenuous.

• Locked thread