Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pioneer42 posted:

I am just now catching up to the latest updates, so this is probably a dead horse. Did they really just change the functionality of my warp core so that I would have to dump Dil into it to get its original functionality back?
Yep. Cryptic couldn't figure out how to make a [W>S] mod stack with the [W>S] mod you got on an epic core, so their "solution" was just to change it on every other core instead. :toot:

The developer team left on this game is literally incompetent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hang on, what. I missed this. What?

WAIT WHAT THE gently caress HAPPENED TO MY WARP CORE

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

MikeJF posted:

Hang on, what. I missed this. What?

WAIT WHAT THE gently caress HAPPENED TO MY WARP CORE

It's been brought in-line with the dev's vision.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Glad I never bothered to upgrade my warp core anyway.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

What's the last thing Cryptic has done that wasn't a total gently caress up?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The bridge officer revamp, I guess? That was actually pretty nice and long overdue.

Can't think of much else though. :geno:

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Berke Negri posted:

The romulan expansion was pretty nice.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Berke Negri posted:

Keep me banned.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
meh. Just grab one that has the stats you want and epic it if you want w>s. Just make sure it has AMP. That's what matters.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

meh. Just grab one that has the stats you want and epic it if you want w>s. Just make sure it has AMP. That's what matters.

What's to stop them from changing the stats on that one though? :tinfoil:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Asimo posted:

The bridge officer revamp, I guess? That was actually pretty nice and long overdue.

Can't think of much else though. :geno:

That's what I was thinking too. An actual big improvement to gameplay without some gently caress off paywall added.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I'm not gonna give them that since actual profitable worth a poo poo doffing is now a lockbox drop. So gently caress 'em.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
http://i.imgur.com/5TqOPP8.gifv

Seven Of Nine is not big on personal space.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I want to be a dentist, ingame character is Vryn and handle is @neverdave.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
I'd like to play again after a long break, in the dentists please. Character is Sergei Makarov, handle: @Ataxerxes

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Because epicing requires 128k dil if you hit it on the average amount of tries (just over 7 attempts). 700k dil if you are extremely unlucky and miss every single roll until it hits 100%. Not to mention 10s of millions of ec worth of crafting mats to make the upgrades. Sure, it's affordable for a lot of goons, but this change really hurts a lot of players.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
If there's a way for Cryptic to hurt the players, I'm all for it. Makes my job easier.

Edit: I feel like I've said this before.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I ended up beaming back from an STF onto the exterior of ESD today.

Pick me up, noble ballship!

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Soooooooooo...

Anyone still farming contra?

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
I started playing again on Saturday, and sold a holdover stack of contra on the exchange.

I'd have thought the price should have escalated - with all the dil sinks + Borticus actively trying to remove every avenue to obtain the stuff - but it's crashed to 30k per (from ~48-52 the last time I played). What contraband faucet am I missing?

When I stopped actually playing last time, I hadn't finished my Nukara rep and hadn't started any of the newer reps - since Gecko has helpfully murdered the queues, are there any other ways to get marks?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

IPCRESS posted:

I started playing again on Saturday, and sold a holdover stack of contra on the exchange.

I'd have thought the price should have escalated - with all the dil sinks + Borticus actively trying to remove every avenue to obtain the stuff - but it's crashed to 30k per (from ~48-52 the last time I played). What contraband faucet am I missing?

When I stopped actually playing last time, I hadn't finished my Nukara rep and hadn't started any of the newer reps - since Gecko has helpfully murdered the queues, are there any other ways to get marks?

Funny you should ask! There's a whole guide to grinding rep while being lazy on the wiki.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

david... posted:

I want to be a dentist, ingame character is Vryn and handle is @neverdave.

Ataxerxes posted:

I'd like to play again after a long break, in the dentists please. Character is Sergei Makarov, handle: @Ataxerxes

You're both invited to the channel, ask in there and we'll sort out fleet invites.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

IPCRESS posted:

Personally I think the price crashed because the general pubbie population finally wised up to contra farming being A Thing.

I have no data whatsoever to back this up though.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Judging by the dil exchange prices I'd guess that dil being near worthless these days has a lot to do with it. Back in the goldrush days a zen bought you 85-100 dil. Now that same zen commands a whopping 240 dil. This is pure guesswork but I'd say lack of new starbase holdings plus everyone wrapping up/saying gently caress off to weapon upgrades is playing a big part.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, it's a mix of a few things. It's way less lucrative to convert dilithium to zen and there just hasn't been a lot of big dilithium sinks in ages; the last one was the upgrade sink, but everyone's either done with that or given up all hope of being done with that. Between the two the sort of people who buy contraband in bulk generally have saved up a lot of stockpiled dilithium, and the folks who don't have big mass turnin operations can generally get enough contraband for themselves from klank doffing.

Then there's the fact that the player population has dropped like a rock and the overall hopes for the game are in the toilet so nobody really wants to waste the time bothering. :effort:

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Asimo posted:

Then there's the fact that the player population has dropped like a rock and the overall hopes for the game are in the toilet so nobody really wants to waste the time bothering. :effort:

Ha, my quick assessment totally overlooked the ten ton elephant in the room. How could there be a demand for dil/contra when there is no one left to demand it?!

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Ha, my quick assessment totally overlooked the ten ton elephant in the room. How could there be a demand for dil/contra when there is no one left to demand it?!

Dilithium is worth about less than half of what it used to be before season 10, and contraband values have dropped roughly a third on the exchange. There is demand, just not a lot of it. I'm sure that there being easier ways of getting dilithium are a contributing factor, but not entirely.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

:eyepop:

Shortfleet

Carecat fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jul 20, 2015

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Good news everyone, the wiki has been migrated to our new server and upgraded with the latest updates. You can now request a password reset via email so no reason to bother Grimrak about forgetting your password anymore. User group validation will still require a post to gate the pubbies out of accessing information.

Later in the week I will also be moving the site from http to https with an ssl certificate. If you experience any problems with the new setup please post in the thread. I expect the current upgrades and future upgrades to be seamless and require no interaction on your part; rejoice.

http://wiki.wesleyguide.com

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 20, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Da Mott Man posted:

Good news everyone, the wiki has been migrated to our new server and upgraded with the latest updates. You can now request a password reset via email so no reason to bother Grimrak about forgetting your password anymore. User group validation will still require a post to gate the pubbies out of accessing information.

Later in the week I will also be moving the site from http to https with an ssl certificate. If you experience any problems with the new setup please post in the thread. I expect the current upgrades and future upgrades to be seamless and require no interaction on your part; rejoice.

http://wiki.wesleyguide.com

That's not how you roll out a change, you're supposed to include something shiny to distract from an insultingly obvious cash grab. And break some core functionality in a bizarrely random fashion.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

That's not how you roll out a change, you're supposed to include something shiny to distract from an insultingly obvious cash grab. And break some core functionality in a bizarrely random fashion.

Whoa now, I'm not running some Cryptic League operation here.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Carecat posted:

:eyepop:

Shortfleet

I'm pretty sure that it's impossible for that cutscene to play correctly.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Da Mott Man posted:

Whoa now, I'm not running some Cryptic League operation here.

You are just enabling you know who by doing all the work and being competent and you know he has to learn to do poo poo himself some day.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Morglon posted:

You are just enabling you know who by doing all the work and being competent and you know he has to learn to do poo poo himself some day.

How do I like this post?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

AfroSquirrel posted:

I'm pretty sure that it's impossible for that cutscene to play correctly.

I cba to log in and get screenshot, but mine normally just has two rows of floating eyeballs and the occasional odd alien feature rendered in.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Personally I think the price crashed because the general pubbie population finally wised up to contra farming being A Thing.

I have no data whatsoever to back this up though.

I think the Wesley/SFD/NoP giveaway made the prices go to poo poo. I mean, I WAS giving out 5 contra per person.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Geko said in an interview that the Galaxy class is the most popular ship on the C-Store, and this was before the T6 version.

Canon ships sell more then any other ship.

Which is a problem because they're running out of Canon designs.

Also apparently the Romulan Time Ship doesn't have a cloak or a Singularity core.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 20, 2015

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
poo poo. If you don't look good, the rest don't matter.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
According to a friend, the Mirror Universe Battlecruiser group spawns Typhoons with Command Battlecruiser as the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

system protocol posted:

Dilithium is worth about less than half of what it used to be before season 10, and contraband values have dropped roughly a third on the exchange. There is demand, just not a lot of it. I'm sure that there being easier ways of getting dilithium are a contributing factor, but not entirely.

• Locked thread