Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

:negative:

I just confused the steampunker's shop window with an open chest, buying a second clentaminator by mistake, two platinum down the drain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Goddamnit, why can't the cross necklace be folded into the ankh shield, or the frog legs folded into the frostspark boots? Or have the loving sixth accessory slot function on non expert worlds? There are so many useful accessories that would make my life easier if only half my slots weren't occluded by bullshit.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
I'm really not feeling this Dragon nerf. If anything it seems like this SOB does MORE damage.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Anal Surgery posted:

I built an Adamantium Repeater but Skeletron Prime always beats me, even when I do the "fly high and then fall really far" glitch that makes two of his arms disappear. I've been fighting on on a long skybridge. Is there anything else that makes that fight go faster at least?

Farm hollow mimics for a daedelus stormbow, make holy arrows.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Akett posted:

Goddamnit, why can't the cross necklace be folded into the ankh shield, or the frog legs folded into the frostspark boots? Or have the loving sixth accessory slot function on non expert worlds? There are so many useful accessories that would make my life easier if only half my slots weren't occluded by bullshit.

I really wish the sixth slot would work on normal, even if it was only after you defeated Plantera or something. I just hate swapping things in and out constantly. The fishing accessories are a big offender here, they absolutely should combine into one item. It's also annoying that most classes can combine a destroyer emblem with something specific to their class, like the titan glove, but summoners are stuck wearing several items which are just "+1 minion" with no other effects.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I've got a pretty good gold farming setup using my Xeno Staff minions, blue candles, and a custom-made dungeon hallway. Reforging costs a ton so I've been trying to find ways to collect quick gold. My little UFOs (I'm using Stardust Armor, so I've got several) kill Paladins before they get anywhere close to me. Between the drops, the Ectoplasm, and the coins, it seems pretty effective. What do you guys do to get rich?

Bluemillion posted:

I'm really not feeling this Dragon nerf. If anything it seems like this SOB does MORE damage.

Don't worry, I'm sure this will be fixed in a future patch.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

LLCoolJD posted:

I've got a pretty good gold farming setup using my Xeno Staff minions, blue candles, and a custom-made dungeon hallway. Reforging costs a ton so I've been trying to find ways to collect quick gold. My little UFOs (I'm using Stardust Armor, so I've got several) kill Paladins before they get anywhere close to me. Between the drops, the Ectoplasm, and the coins, it seems pretty effective. What do you guys do to get rich?

Build an ocean grinder, then use a slime staff and lucky coin together. Makes shitloads of money really fast.

The only problem is that sometimes the slimes will drop to far from the grinder and be unable to get back up, so you can' always leave it running while AFK. This only started happening to me recently, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Bluemillion posted:

Yeah, this. I triggered a martian invasion on expert and idled at spawn. My dragon, cells, and three sentinel pets took care of everything with no problem whatsoever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Senor Candle posted:

Why can't you just get turtle armor in the beginning? I mean you're going to get it eventually anyways just give me a full set in a chest. Why do you have to beat the wall of flesh to enable hardmode? What if I just want to play in hardmode? 0/10

hmm yes why not those things in hardmode at the beginning of the game that I never said, bray-vo champ

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

hmm yes why not those things in hardmode at the beginning of the game that I never said, bray-vo champ

Well since you clearly don't understand the idea of items getting progressively stronger, I figured I'd take it to the logical extreme to make fun of you.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Senor Candle posted:

Well since you clearly don't understand the idea of items getting progressively stronger, I figured I'd take it to the logical extreme to make fun of you.

By this logic fishing needs to be removed from the game

Also you need to craft a full set of every material before you can make the next material

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

LLCoolJD posted:

Run the Pumpkin Moon with the Last Prism. You can get 20-30 platinum each night from it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Hivac posted:

Look, just because I'm deliberatly avoiding fishing now doesn't mean I won't be glad it's there later-

Hivac posted:

Also you need to craft a full set of every material before you can make the next material

Oh hello Starbound.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Cicadalek posted:

I really wish the sixth slot would work on normal, even if it was only after you defeated Plantera or something. I just hate swapping things in and out constantly. The fishing accessories are a big offender here, they absolutely should combine into one item. It's also annoying that most classes can combine a destroyer emblem with something specific to their class, like the titan glove, but summoners are stuck wearing several items which are just "+1 minion" with no other effects.

Would also like to be able to equip multiple similar accessories again for silly glass cannon like builds and interactions. One day I will get to wear 6 shackles and you will be forced to like it.

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009

The Wonder Weapon posted:

In case anyone else is having this problem: I couldn't find truffle worms at all on our tshock server. After loading up a different world in single player I found 15 in 30 minutes. We also have people that are hundreds and hundreds of bats in without a trifold map, and I bet that's related to tshock as well.

If you're having trouble finding items/enemies on a tshock server, try elsewhere

Tshock is buggy as gently caress at the moment.

Regarding "not enough slots" comments: once you have the Ufo mount you can remove your shoes and wings so

IntelligibleChoir fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 21, 2015

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

lordfrikk posted:

I've been playing Terraria again, this time in Expert Mode of course, and I'm wondering if there's a good LP yet by someone competent both in terms of decent playing and when it comes to video editing (i.e. no long swaths of digging hellevators). Yrimir does seem like the kind of guy I'd like to see a full playthrough from but alas he only did a short non-Expert gimmick LP so far.

A little late but this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbzkbB_hnog) seems to fit what your are looking for.

So It Goes fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 21, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Senor Candle posted:

Considering my point was 'Why gate things so that you're forced to proceed in a linear fashion?' I think you kinda hosed up there.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
You know, it IS possible to get stuff from dungeon chests without killing Skeletron (assuming you can escape the guardians). There are some unlocked chests down there. They don't contain dungeon loot, but they do contain golden keys, which you can use to open the locked golden chests. Also, I'm pretty sure golden keys sometimes drop from pots.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Hivac posted:

If you wanted to give this game proper progression it actually should be changed. Being able to fish up the highest tier of ores from the start means there's no need to spelunk, which removes the main source of danger from acquiring gear in the early game/early hard mode.

Being able to get an early reaver shark is nice though because gently caress slow mining.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

RareAcumen posted:

Someone should complain about this stuff to them because wtf does this, dungeon and Helldiving do to shatter the balance of the game?

Chests get locked so you have to progress the way we tell you to because...? Game's fully complete now and this stuff is just tweaks to make sure things work correctly and such so take the locks off already.

I'm honestly shocked they didn't put the reaver shark, sawfish, and hammerhead as hardmode fishing drops (which would make them worthless) or gate them behind killing skeletron and the queen bee. They do a bunch of dumb poo poo to keep people from playing 'out of order' then add drops to fishing that are available immediately and are among the best items pre-hardmode.

Senor Candle posted:

http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Fishing

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Are we still posting base pictures? I wanted to share something I've been working on. It's a bit of a work in progress.

I still need to add all the floors abover the railway, plus a basement, plus a whole bunch of furnishings in what's already there, but so far I'm really happy with how it's turning out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Katsuma posted:

Are we still posting base pictures? I wanted to share something I've been working on. It's a bit of a work in progress.

I still need to add all the floors abover the railway, plus a basement, plus a whole bunch of furnishings in what's already there, but so far I'm really happy with how it's turning out.

What does the lever at the top of the stairs do?

I kinda wish granite and Marble areas were bigger with different types of enemies tbh. Seems that the Antlion pit got all the new stuff.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Seems that the Antlion pit got all the new stuff.

And weirdly enough it feels almost worthless to go there, both pre and post hardmode.

Mina
Dec 14, 2005

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

Blackheart posted:

And weirdly enough it feels almost worthless to go there, both pre and post hardmode.

It's good for fossil armor pre-hardmode and the Extractinator, but yeah it's otherwise not worth a trip. There are unique hardmode enemies there too, but they don't drop anything special.

It's a shame because it's actually a pretty fun (and huge) dungeon-like place to explore, just no real incentive to do so.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Jabarto posted:

Build an ocean grinder, then use a slime staff and lucky coin together. Makes shitloads of money really fast.

The only problem is that sometimes the slimes will drop to far from the grinder and be unable to get back up, so you can' always leave it running while AFK. This only started happening to me recently, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Hot drat, I just built an ocean money farm and it is as good as you said.

TWIST FIST posted:

Run the Pumpkin Moon with the Last Prism. You can get 20-30 platinum each night from it.

I've run it before to get the achievement for reaching level 15, but I never counted the gold. Maybe once I get my end-game magic gear set up I'll give it a go.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Krittick posted:

It's good for fossil armor pre-hardmode and the Extractinator, but yeah it's otherwise not worth a trip. There are unique hardmode enemies there too, but they don't drop anything special.

It's a shame because it's actually a pretty fun (and huge) dungeon-like place to explore, just no real incentive to do so.

You'd kind of expect some giant nightmarish antlion boss at the bottom. Seems like a huge missed opportunity, and it really does feel a little worthless to explore right now.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
The desert spirits are annoying assholes in hard mode, shooting homing exploding fireballs at you almost immediately after they spawn. And the fireballs phase through walls too. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a limit of one spawn at a time, but when you get 3 or 4 suddenly appearing at once, you start to hate them really quick. It's weird how the place is almost a fully fleshed out biome as far as enemies go, but there's nothing worthwhile unless you want to grind out a single vanity hat.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The increased drop rate for antlion mandibles is nice. All mining potion all the time.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

I feel like the antlion den is a great opportunity to expand the summoner class. Antlion stuff for an actual mid prehardmode option, and maybe stuff relating to the genies and spirits once in hard mode.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

RareAcumen posted:

What does the lever at the top of the stairs do?

I kinda wish granite and Marble areas were bigger with different types of enemies tbh. Seems that the Antlion pit got all the new stuff.

Oh, it opens up the actuated blocks at the bottom of the hovering diamond,allowing entry. I haven't decided what else I'm going to put in there yet.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Saturnine Aberrance posted:

I feel like the antlion den is a great opportunity to expand the summoner class. Antlion stuff for an actual mid prehardmode option, and maybe stuff relating to the genies and spirits once in hard mode.

Instead it introduces and immediately abandons a throwing class, when they nerfed the poo poo out of all the good throwing weapons going into 1.3

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
As much as I like 1.3 I'm not really feeling most of these patch notes aside from the medusa one. It feels lot like those times in say, FFXI, when they had a super hard boss no one could kill they'd get mad and buff it any time someone did manage to kill it because they were "exploiting" the game to do so. Maybe the problem is that people have to exploit the game to kill your boss, because it's not fun to fight. The moon lord is kind of a poo poo boss especially if you're a melee character and the cool factor wears out quick because it has such a ridiculous amount of health.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Katsuma posted:

Oh, it opens up the actuated blocks at the bottom of the hovering diamond,allowing entry. I haven't decided what else I'm going to put in there yet.

Oh, now I see it. Cool!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there anyway to increase enemy spawns other than water candle and battle potion?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there anyway to increase enemy spawns other than water candle and battle potion?

A placed water candle and a held water candle stack. But other than that, no.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

wait for a blood moon i guess

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Senor Candle posted:

Why can't you just get turtle armor in the beginning? I mean you're going to get it eventually anyways just give me a full set in a chest. Why do you have to beat the wall of flesh to enable hardmode? What if I just want to play in hardmode? 0/10

It's fun if there's a linear progression. It's even more fun if you can break it half when you know where to go and what to do.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

lordfrikk posted:

It's fun if there's a linear progression. It's even more fun if you can break it half when you know where to go and what to do.

Kinda like Zelda or Metroid?

yeaaaah

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I don't wanna be that guy but Terraria is sorta like Dark Souls. There's a couple bottlenecks you have to do but otherwise you can break sequence hard even if you'll probably get murdered doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Nuebot posted:

As much as I like 1.3 I'm not really feeling most of these patch notes aside from the medusa one. It feels lot like those times in say, FFXI, when they had a super hard boss no one could kill they'd get mad and buff it any time someone did manage to kill it because they were "exploiting" the game to do so. Maybe the problem is that people have to exploit the game to kill your boss, because it's not fun to fight. The moon lord is kind of a poo poo boss especially if you're a melee character and the cool factor wears out quick because it has such a ridiculous amount of health.

Yeah I'm not sure why the moon lord keeps getting buffed with each mini patch. The moon lord is like the culmination of dumb bullet hell poo poo to where my eyes just start to glaze over and I just said gently caress it and linked a teleporter from my arena to a room with the nurse and just sat around shooting chlorophyte bullets until it died.

It's also compounded by the way that endgame bosses become increasingly silly to summon. Nobody wants to jump through a hundred hoops for just a chance to fight a boss and to then have to do it over again if they die.